PDA

View Full Version : PGA should ban tobacco on the course in play.

donttread
08-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Keven Kisner was chewing tobacco today during play . If MLB can ban that so can PGA.

Admiral Ackbar
08-11-2018, 07:15 PM
Relax. I was at the US Open in 2007 on the final day. I was awesome to watch Angel Cabrera win. Dude would take a drag, put down his cig on the tee box.. and BAM hit a huge drive. Beyond Awesome. Old school and Fun! Stop being a ninny about banning stuff. Let adults be adults.

Report Kisner to the Mods if you must

nathanbforrest45
08-11-2018, 07:18 PM
Did he spit it on any of the other players or in the cup?

Adelaide
08-11-2018, 07:29 PM
I really don't care so long as they aren't airing it on television. A few years back my family was watching it (fucking kill me) and the one guy kept smoking. Just do not think it should be broadcast. Let them chew and smoke all they want - away from the cameras.

Mister D
08-11-2018, 08:24 PM
Why does this matter?

Lummy
08-11-2018, 08:59 PM
I really don't care so long as they aren't airing it on television. A few years back my family was watching it ($#@!ing kill me) and the one guy kept smoking. Just do not think it should be broadcast. Let them chew and smoke all they want - away from the cameras.

Because we can't discern what is okay to see and what isn't? Because you find it offensive? Because you want to control what other people do? (Go ahead, hey, it's as American as nesting dolls)

nathanbforrest45
08-11-2018, 09:12 PM
Because we can't discern what is okay to see and what isn't? Because you find it offensive? Because you want to control what other people do? (Go ahead, hey, it's as American as nesting dolls)

I see what you did there!

Admiral Ackbar
08-12-2018, 06:24 AM
Why does this matter?

From my point of view it doesn't matter. This though is another brick in the wall of control. Everything must be banned, controlled etc.. that is at least why I responded to the post. I am tired of all the nanny state BS, from plastic straws, soda taxes, banning tobacco on a golf course? Good lord.....

DGUtley
08-12-2018, 06:41 AM
It all started with fluoride in the water....

Admiral Ackbar
08-12-2018, 06:48 AM
It all started with fluoride in the water....

Another thing Alex Jones was right about! #FreeAlexJones

DGUtley
08-12-2018, 06:50 AM
Another thing Alex Jones was right about! #FreeAlexJones

#FreeUrbanMeyer

Admiral Ackbar
08-12-2018, 07:04 AM
Urban is terrible human being and overrated coach..But is the subject of the American version of the Red Guards most recent attack at the institution of football

rcfieldz
08-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Smoke weed on the course instead.

jigglepete
08-12-2018, 12:24 PM
In that case, I might consider picking up the sport...

donttread
08-19-2018, 10:49 AM
Relax. I was at the US Open in 2007 on the final day. I was awesome to watch Angel Cabrera win. Dude would take a drag, put down his cig on the tee box.. and BAM hit a huge drive. Beyond Awesome. Old school and Fun! Stop being a ninny about banning stuff. Let adults be adults.

Report Kisner to the Mods if you must

These adults make lots of money, in part to be role models whether they like it or not . and as far as "ninny", 1969 wan't their word back.

donttread
08-19-2018, 10:50 AM

Long ago, in a place very near here, I actually did that. It does not tend to improve scoring

donttread
08-19-2018, 10:51 AM
Urban is terrible human being and overrated coach..But is the subject of the American version of the Red Guards most recent attack at the institution of football

As was predicted long ago money as ruined sports. I used to say that the purest form of sport was kids playing in the sandlot for love of the game. But do kids even do that anymore

donttread
08-19-2018, 11:11 AM
Did he spit it on any of the other players or in the cup?

Possibly on the fairway, but many of today's chewers don't spit much as they seem to want the facial, pancreatic and bladder cancers sooner

donttread
08-19-2018, 11:14 AM
Why does this matter?

Message, role modeling, promotion of the game. All of which most of them are well compensated to do. If MLB can ban tobacco the PGA sure can.

Mister D
08-19-2018, 04:42 PM
Message, role modeling, promotion of the game. All of which most of them are well compensated to do. If MLB can ban tobacco the PGA sure can.
I'm sure they can if they want to but...why does this matter?