PDA

View Full Version : tPF Manafort- Convicted or Acquitted?

DGUtley
08-15-2018, 07:36 AM
Ok. Put it on the line. Will he be Acquitted or found guilty of a crime serious enough to hurt? I say convicted.

MisterVeritis
08-15-2018, 07:38 AM
Ok. Put it on the line. Will he be Acquitted or found guilty? I say convicted.
I will predict an acquittal. I see there is an option for a token conviction. Juries are fickle.

Safety
08-15-2018, 08:02 AM
I predict conviction, but the pardon is already printed and signed...

exotix
08-15-2018, 10:33 AM
I predict conviction, but the pardon is already printed and signed...... pretty much making it all a moot point.

DGUtley
08-15-2018, 10:35 AM
... pretty much making it all a moot point.

No. A win's a win's a win.
You saying you won't crow about a conviction -- and crow even louder about a pardon?

Agent Zero
08-15-2018, 10:41 AM
He'll he convicted but your Dear Leader will pardon him immediately. Followed by a huge check compliments of the AaRNC.

Agent Zero
08-15-2018, 10:44 AM
I predict conviction, but the pardon is already printed and signed...

... pretty much making it all a moot point.

He'll he convicted but your Dear Leader will pardon him immediately. Followed by a huge check compliments of the AaRNC.
Like brilliant minds think alike.

Unfortunately Trump can't pardon him when he's convicted next month/.

DGUtley
08-15-2018, 10:47 AM
If this is the standard for "brilliant" we're all in trouble.
Trump won't pardon him, I don't think. If he does, it'll be as he is walking out of office.
A check from the RNC for what? This has nothing to do with the RNC or Trump. C'mon man, give it up.

Hoosier8
08-15-2018, 11:03 AM
I say convicted of some of the charges.

Hoosier8
08-15-2018, 11:04 AM

Of course Trump could pardon him. You can't pardon someone until they are convicted.

Captdon
08-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Conviction on minor charges at best.

stjames1_53
08-15-2018, 11:54 AM

Who? Trump is going to be convicted next month? Really? Name one charge much less 5...
If you're talking about Manafort, so what? It still has nothing to do with the election.

exotix
08-15-2018, 11:56 AM
Manafort will be acquitted because Manaforts' lawyer said so ... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgynqwpM8hQ

Manafort's lawyer says government did not meet burden of proof

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-manafort-downing/manaforts-lawyer-says-government-did-not-meet-burden-of-proof-idUSKBN1KZ24R

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Reuters) - Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s lawyer on Tuesday said his legal team chose not to mount a defense in his trial over alleged tax and bank fraud because U.S. prosecutors had not met the legal bar needed to prove their case.

Captdon
08-15-2018, 12:56 PM
*Breaking news*

Exo trapped himself. LOL

Common
08-15-2018, 01:03 PM
Trump won't pardon him, I don't think. If he does, it'll be as he is walking out of office.
A check from the RNC for what? This has nothing to do with the RNC or Trump. C'mon man, give it up.

ROFL You beat me to it, some people crow just to crow and try to crow the loudest :)

Safety
08-15-2018, 01:10 PM
ROFL You beat me to it, some people crow just to crow and try to crow the loudest :)

Then stop crowing.

Beevee
08-15-2018, 03:29 PM
If I was on a jury and the defense chose not to offer evidence, even though it's the defendants right to not introduce witnesses or give evidence himself, there would always be the question at the back of my mind...why?
Conviction likely, pardon unlikely, until Trump's last day in office.

Standing Wolf
08-15-2018, 03:33 PM
Ok. Put it on the line. Will he be Acquitted or found guilty of a crime serious enough to hurt? I say convicted.

How many people do you think have devoted enough serious study to the case to have an informed opinion?

Ethereal
08-15-2018, 03:43 PM
I have no idea. But the prosecution is obviously politically motivated.

Agent Zero
08-15-2018, 04:25 PM

Hey genius not, who do you think paid Stormy and McDougall's NDAs? And Omarosa's 15k a month hush money check? As far as several other fired staff?

Trump?

They're also paying Trump's legal bills, other's legal bills, Trump Tower rents, and countless other shady payoffs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/everyone-signed-one-trump-is-aggressive-in-his-use-of-nondisclosure-agreements-even-in-government/2018/08/13/9d0315ba-9f15-11e8-93e3-24d1703d2a7a_story.html?utm_term=.e1536775134a

They're also paying the legal bills of Trump staffers, current and past, for the Russia investigation. Even his mistress Hope Hicks to the tune of 500k!

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rnc-paid-half-million-law-firm-representing-hope/story?id=55328181

Agent Zero
08-15-2018, 04:28 PM
I guess that's not as bad as the Russians paying Donnie Jr's legal bills for the Russia investigation, is it @DLGutley?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/11/has_russian_money_gone_to_trump_s_legal_defense.ht ml

According to filings with the Federal Election Commission, the Republican National Committee has paid more than $400,000 in personal legal fees for Donald Trump and Donald Trump Jr. in connection with the investigations into the Trump campaign’s possible collusion with Russia in the 2016 election. At least $12,000 of those funds came from a Ukrainian-born billionaire with ties to Vladimir Putin.

Agent Zero
08-15-2018, 04:29 PM
Then stop crowing.

lol...the biggest trolls on this forum are the mods. Right, ADMIN?

MisterVeritis
08-15-2018, 06:31 PM
If I was on a jury and the defense chose not to offer evidence, even though it's the defendants right to not introduce witnesses or give evidence himself, there would always be the question at the back of my mind...why?
Conviction likely, pardon unlikely, until Trump's last day in office.
The State is responsible for proving its case. The defendant has no responsibility whatever.

Did Mueller's henchmen prove their case? The Defense lawyers clearly believe the Prosecution failed. Their case rests on the word of an embezzler, liar, and fraud.

Beevee
08-15-2018, 10:37 PM
The State is responsible for proving its case. The defendant has no responsibility whatever.

Did Mueller's henchmen prove their case? The Defense lawyers clearly believe the Prosecution failed. Their case rests on the word of an embezzler, liar, and fraud.

The paperwork far outweighs the testimony of someone who stands on a par with Manafort.
And since when was the defense team the jury?

Tahuyaman
08-15-2018, 11:03 PM

He's certainly not going to be convicted of every charge. He may will be convicted of some token charge involving a degree of tax evasion.

I would grant him a pardon as his indictment was purely political. He would not have been indicted had he not been working on Trump's campaign.

Tahuyaman
08-15-2018, 11:07 PM

What?

Please explain how Trumpmis going to be convicted next month and on what charge?

Tahuyaman
08-15-2018, 11:09 PM
How many people do you think have devoted enough serious study to the case to have an informed opinion?

No one here anyway.

Tahuyaman
08-15-2018, 11:13 PM
I guess that's not as bad as the Russians paying Donnie Jr's legal bills for the Russia investigation, is it @DLGutley?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/11/has_russian_money_gone_to_trump_s_legal_defense.ht ml

Where do these crazy ideas incubate?

stjames1_53
08-16-2018, 06:24 AM
Where do these crazy ideas incubate?

in the minds of the infirm....................

DGUtley
08-16-2018, 06:29 AM
I guess that's not as bad as the Russians paying Donnie Jr's legal bills for the Russia investigation, is it @DLGutley? http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/11/has_russian_money_gone_to_trump_s_legal_defense.ht ml
Who is DLGutley?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2017/02/18/no-one-mentions-that-the-russian-trail-leads-to-democratic-lobbyists/#5b9ebcfe3991

stjames1_53
08-16-2018, 06:30 AM
What?

Please explain how Trumpmis going to be convicted next month and on what charge?

I've already asked him that, but msm haven't given him his rationale as of today.
Someone claimed malfeasance against Trump, but has failed to support their claim as well.
I wonder why these jackoffs aren't prosecuting Trump instead of Mueller. They obviously know more than Mueller and are better lawyers........

stjames1_53
08-16-2018, 06:45 AM
The paperwork far outweighs the testimony of someone who stands on a par with Manafort.

So, you've actually seen all the evidence.......then why aren't YOU prosecuting the case instead of Mueller?

MisterVeritis
08-16-2018, 09:56 AM
Based on your goofy comments above I do not believe you have sufficient intellectual horsepower to be in this conversation.