PDA

View Full Version : G.O.P. Freshmen Saddened by Failure to Shut Down Government on First Day

Cigar
01-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Just hours after being sworn in at the U.S. Capitol, the freshman class of House Republicans said that they were disappointed that they failed to shut down the government on their first day in office.

“We were all like, ‘O.K., we’re sworn in, let’s shut this thing down,’” said freshman Rep. Byron Ernie (R-Kentucky). “We were all pretty bummed that the government just kept running.”

Rep. Ernie acknowledged that it might have been “overly optimistic” of the freshman Republicans to expect to engineer a government shutdown on their very first day, “but bringing the government to a random standstill was the whole reason we became Republicans,” he said.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Virginia) chuckled good-naturedly at the ambitions of the high-spirited G.O.P. freshmen, telling reporters, “I remember what it was like to be young and full of big ideas about crippling our historic institutions for no discernible reason whatsoever. There’s nothing like your first time.”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/01/gop-freshmen-saddened-by-failure-to-shut-down-government-on-first-day.html

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen; this is the future of your Republican Party ... aren't you Proud?

You can pretty much kiss-off The Presidency :thumbsup20:

respectfulguest
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
he's new, what's their excuse?

http://riffenberg.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/harry-reid_nancy-pelosi.jpg

Cigar
01-08-2013, 01:19 PM
he's new, what's their excuse?

http://riffenberg.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/harry-reid_nancy-pelosi.jpg

Naturally you'll post the link ...

respectfulguest
01-08-2013, 01:37 PM
no link needed, political actions over past decades will suffice.. by the way, Rep Ernie needs to keep his trap shut until such time he can actually influence governing, imo.

nic34
01-08-2013, 01:44 PM
"Republicans complain that government doesn't work, then get elected and prove it."

ancient American proverb

GrassrootsConservative
01-08-2013, 01:46 PM
"Republicans complain that government doesn't work, then get elected and prove it."

ancient American proverb

Especially RINOs. But whatever. GFY.

Cigar
01-08-2013, 01:53 PM

ancient American proverb

Kinda Stupid isn't it ... Run to become a Government Employee, then work to shut your Employers down. :tongue:

respectfulguest
01-08-2013, 01:57 PM

ancient American proverb

broad-brush approach, how original.

hanger4
01-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Kinda Stupid isn't it ... Run to become a Government Employee, then work to shut your Employers down. :tongue:

The taxpayers/voters are the "Employers" they're not being shut down.

That's the fundamental difference between you (the left) and conservatives, you believe you work/exist for the government

And conservatives believe the government works/exists for the people.

Cigar
01-08-2013, 02:10 PM
The taxpayers/voters are the "Employers" they're not be shut down.

That's the fundamental difference between you (the left) and conservatives, you believe you work/exist for the government

Not surprising ... another Wrong Assumption

GrassrootsConservative
01-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Not surprising ... another Wrong Assumption

Not surprising you made the previous post without thinking about it and understanding what you were saying.
Not surprising you don't understand that the assumption he drew from your post was correct based on what you said.

nic34
01-08-2013, 02:20 PM

Tell them "Employers" that need to do business that when the FAA closes and the airport shuts down. Along with all other means of transport, communications, courts, etc.....

Cigar
01-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Not surprising you made the previous post without thinking about it and understanding what you were saying.
Not surprising you don't understand that the assumption he drew from your post was correct based on what you said.

So ... how many days are you giving your employees off this year? :)

hanger4
01-08-2013, 02:25 PM

Tell them "Employers" that need to do business that when the FAA closes and the airport shuts down. Along with all other means of transport, communications, courts, etc.....

Just trying to give Cigar, and you apparently, a clue as to who employs whom.

GrassrootsConservative
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM
So ... how many days are you giving your employees off this year? :)

Is Obama back from Hawaii yet? If not that's 8 days so far.

nic34
01-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Just trying to give Cigar, and you apparently, a clue as to who employs whom.

Oh I know, believe me.

It's just that the GOPers always need to be reminded that they have been elected to do THEIR JOB, just like I am expected to do MY JOB.

hanger4
01-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Oh I know, believe me.

It's just that the GOPers always need to be reminded that they have been elected to do THEIR JOB, just like I am expected to do MY JOB.

Haven't disagreed with that at all.

Cigar
01-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Is Obama back from Hawaii yet? If not that's 8 days so far.

Ooops .... http://factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/ Chew Slowly then Swallow

According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

Don forget to wipe your mouth afterwards :)

GrassrootsConservative
01-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Ooops .... http://factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/ Chew Slowly then Swallow

According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

Don forget to wipe your mouth afterwards :)

The question, fucktard, is not how much time Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Washington, Lincoln, or any of those other presidents spent on vacation.
The question, fucktard, is whether or not Obama is still on vacation. Judging by your obvious change of topic in response to my post, I'm guessing the answer is "yes."

Cigar
01-08-2013, 03:07 PM
The question, fucktard, is not how much time Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Washington, Lincoln, or any of those other presidents spent on vacation.
The question, fucktard, is whether or not Obama is still on vacation. Judging by your obvious change of topic in response to my post, I'm guessing the answer is "yes."

Don't be a Lazy Ass .... http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule

nic34
01-08-2013, 04:08 PM
What's wrong with a vacation?

Uncle Slam
01-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Just hours after being sworn in at the U.S. Capitol, the freshman class of House Republicans said that they were disappointed that they failed to shut down the government on their first day in office.

“We were all like, ‘O.K., we’re sworn in, let’s shut this thing down,’” said freshman Rep. Byron Ernie (R-Kentucky). “We were all pretty bummed that the government just kept running.”

Rep. Ernie acknowledged that it might have been “overly optimistic” of the freshman Republicans to expect to engineer a government shutdown on their very first day, “but bringing the government to a random standstill was the whole reason we became Republicans,” he said.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Virginia) chuckled good-naturedly at the ambitions of the high-spirited G.O.P. freshmen, telling reporters, “I remember what it was like to be young and full of big ideas about crippling our historic institutions for no discernible reason whatsoever. There’s nothing like your first time.”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/01/gop-freshmen-saddened-by-failure-to-shut-down-government-on-first-day.html

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen; this is the future of your Republican Party ... aren't you Proud?

You can pretty much kiss-off The Presidency :thumbsup20:

I don't know what they're bitching about - their gravy train will soon be off and running!

Uncle Slam
01-08-2013, 05:19 PM

That's a crock. They think no different than their partners across the aisle.

zelmo1234
01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
What's wrong with a vacation?

The economy sucks and we have hit the debt limit, we actually need a leader? And he is gone!

Chris
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM

ancient American proverb

The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.
~P. J. O'Rourke

GrassrootsConservative
01-08-2013, 06:32 PM
The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.
~P. J. O'Rourke

LOL butchering a quote to suit his agenda.

nic34
01-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Yes, you are right, pointing out the idiocy of republicans claiming to be able to fix government by shutting it down was my agenda.

A gold star for you today.

Chris
01-09-2013, 10:10 AM
The idea is to shut down government to allow society to fix things itself. Government is too far out of touch.

Cigar
01-09-2013, 10:13 AM
The idea is to shut down government to allow society to fix things itself. Government is too far out of touch.

That's a moronic decision ... no wonder the Tea Baggers support is in the basement with the other great Republican ideas.

Chris
01-09-2013, 10:17 AM
That's a moronic decision ... no wonder the Tea Baggers support is in the basement with the other great Republican ideas.

Well, Mr Teabaggee, that's a vacuous response. Pray tell us why it's moronic, if you can.

Cigar
01-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Well, Mr Teabaggee, that a vacuous response. Pray tell us why it's moronic, if you can.

Bitter, angry and pissed-off, because you're not in power, isn't all Americans fault.

Chris
01-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Bitter, angry and pissed-off, because you're not in power, isn't all Americans fault.

That doesn't answer the question, teabaggee, not that I expected a response.

nic34
01-09-2013, 10:42 AM

Society fix itself. Riiiiight....

Once again.... govt. is US.

Nothing will fix itself until WE (that's US) get the corporations out of our politician's pockets and our elections. Repeal Citizens United.

Chris
01-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Society fix itself. Riiiiight....

Once again.... govt. is US.

Nothing will fix itself until WE (that's US) get the corporations out of our politician's pockets and our elections. Repeal Citizens United.

Then you have a serious problem, don't you. If society can't fix things, then how is government, made up of a part of society, to fix things?

Nothing will fix itself until WE (that's US) get the corporations out of our politician's pockets and our elections.

Why do you want to punish law-abiding citizens instead of the crooks in DC?

Terminate the terms of representatives who in bad faith take bribes from special interests.