PDA

View Full Version : Anti-immigration question

Andy
08-15-2018, 03:02 PM
For those who agree with president Trump on his anti-immigration policies, I would like for you to tell me which Native American tribe you belong to. If your not Native American, you or (more likely) your ancestors were immigrants. If you believe immigrants and their children (descendants) should go back to where they came from, please get on the boat with them because the first of your ancestors in this country was an immigrant too.

Jeb!
08-15-2018, 03:22 PM
I am 1/16 Choctaw and I demand that all white liberals go back to Europe.

hanger4
08-15-2018, 03:47 PM
I personally don't know anybody that's anti-immigration. I do know many many many people that are anti-illegal immigration. ...................... As far as your, native American all others are immigrants, silliness is concerned, your so call native Americans are immigrants also, eastern Asians who crossed the Bering Land Bridge.

Hoosier8
08-15-2018, 04:47 PM
For those who agree with president Trump on his anti-immigration policies, I would like for you to tell me which Native American tribe you belong to. If your not Native American, you or (more likely) your ancestors were immigrants. If you believe immigrants and their children (descendants) should go back to where they came from, please get on the boat with them because the first of your ancestors in this country was an immigrant too.
LOL, let us know when Native Americans created the US. BTW, my ancestor got here long before the US was created.

Cletus
08-15-2018, 06:24 PM

Ridiculous post.

There are no truly indigenous people on the North American continent. Everyone here came from somewhere else, including Amerindians. That argument has no validity whatsoever.

Not even considering the fact that every person here had an ancestor who arrived here from elsewhere, the debate is about ILLEGAL immigration, not immigration.

MisterVeritis
08-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Good start. You have self-identified as a snittish know-nothing. You will go far.

Captdon
08-15-2018, 07:31 PM

He doesn't have an anti-immigration policy. He has a legal immigrating policy. My wife is 48% Eastern Cherokee. She think I should be allowed to stay.

Lummy
08-15-2018, 09:17 PM
LOL, let us know when Native Americans created the US. BTW, my ancestor got here long before the US was created.

Well I'll be. Huh.

Lummy
08-15-2018, 09:27 PM

In the Beginning, North America was a big, vacuous void, and it was empty too. The only thing in it were millions of bison and multitudinous other animals. But no humans.

Can you imagine the "first Native"(lol) Americans' surprise when they first stood atop the Rocky Mountains and beheld the infinite (well, to them anyway) bounty before them. One said to another, "I wonder if you can eat them." The other just shrugged, "Mmm, I don't know."

I'm kidding. Anyway, it must have looked like just an awful lot of steaks, and all they had to do was make sharp, pointy sticks and grow a pair to go get somethin for the barby.

Safety
08-15-2018, 10:16 PM
....and that class, is the reason why it’s important to get an education and learn history, so you don’t spout dumb shit like Billy Madison.

Mister D
08-15-2018, 10:19 PM
Ridiculous post.

There are no truly indigenous people on the North American continent. Everyone here came from somewhere else, including Amerindians. That argument has no validity whatsoever.

Not even considering the fact that every person here had an ancestor who arrived here from elsewhere, the debate is about ILLEGAL immigration, not immigration.
Truly indigenous people are virtually non-existent. Most of the global population has ancestors that came from somewhere else. Human beings don't grow out of the ground.

Cletus
08-15-2018, 10:21 PM
Truly indigenous people are virtually non-existent. Most of the global population has ancestors that came from somewhere else. Human beings don't grow out of the ground.
Don't confuse them with facts. They don't like that.

Mister D
08-15-2018, 10:22 PM
Don't confuse them with facts. They don't like that.
I've noticed.

Lummy
08-16-2018, 12:45 AM
Just because you can't find any evidence that Native Americans have been here for as long as there has been a here doesn't mean they haven't been.

All you have really found is the limit to the science.

Lummy
08-16-2018, 01:14 AM
Ridiculous post.

The last Ice Age would have wiped out most or all the archeological evidence that Native Americans have been here all along.

The question "how old?" has a magic number for an answer: 12,000 years. That number shows up everywhere. Either scientists are copying each others number, or it has less to do with when Native Americans "arrived" than with glacial destruction of evidence.

They've always been here.

Cletus
08-16-2018, 03:42 AM
The last Ice Age would have wiped out most or all the archeological evidence that Native Americans have been here all along.

The question "how old?" has a magic number for an answer: 12,000 years. That number shows up everywhere. Either scientists are copying each others number, or it has less to do with when Native Americans "arrived" than with glacial destruction of evidence.

No, of course they haven't. Archaeological evidence supports the Bering migration theory going back at least 14,000 years and possibly longer. Clovis points have been found which have been confirmed to be over 13,000 years old.

Common
08-16-2018, 06:15 AM
When Europeans came to the USA they were herded into Ellis Island all registered and many had their names changed. It was the USAs first "LEGAL" immigration, it was legal immigrants that built the USA not illegal immigrants

DGUtley
08-16-2018, 06:36 AM
Andy

For those that think our immigration laws don't have to be followed, I would like for you to tell me who is against legal immigration. Please explain to me, Andy, why it's ok for you for these people to illegally enter and/or overstay their welcome in our country. If we are not a country of laws, we have anarchy. Also, what other laws do you think we should just ignore because it makes you feel good?

My relatives came here from Italy, Germany & Ireland legally.

Lummy
08-16-2018, 07:59 AM
No, of course they haven't. Archaeological evidence supports the Bering migration theory going back at least 14,000 years and possibly longer. Clovis points have been found which have been confirmed to be over 13,000 years old.

Believe what you want about evidence that is, at best, very sketchy. Every time they find a new bone, they say, "Aha! Lookee what we got! So now we know what really happened because we found a bone, some charcoal and an arrowhead, and we are writing it in a rock. Let us now raise our heads and praise ourselves."

They have their church, you have yours and I have mine, and I believe Native Americans have been here for as long as there has been something to eat. After all the bullshit, that makes the most sense of all the evidence, such as it is. So, to me the question is, for example, how long have buffalo been around? That's about how long man has been here.

But here's the good news for you: Buffalo too immigrated to North America. It really was a vacuous void for most of all time.

Bison immigrated to North America several times in the Pleistocene Epoch during times of low sea levels when exposed land connected North America and Asia. B. latifrons appeared by 500,000 years ago in North American and survived until around 20,000 years ago. -- San Diego Zoo Library.

Buffalo -- North American bison, more accurately -- are believed to have come from Dusselfdorf.

https://bbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Dusseldorf-FLingern--695x463.jpg
Dusseldorf, Germany today.

This is perfectly consistent with the OP and also seems to satisfy the need of so many to prove that we didn't actually steal the place but instead, are just part of a slow, near evolutionary process in which everyone here is all new or improved kumbaya.

Captdon
08-16-2018, 08:43 AM

As proven by...

Lummy
08-16-2018, 09:42 AM
Ahh, I'm sorry, I don't have the recipe book required by all the highly educated geniuses.

Here, you prove that you were actually in bed asleep last night.

MisterVeritis
08-16-2018, 10:07 AM
I often wonder how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I also wonder if they are legal immigrants or were they always on the pinhead?

Lummy
08-16-2018, 10:13 AM
And your point is ...?

MisterVeritis
08-16-2018, 10:15 AM
I often wonder how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I also wonder if they are legal immigrants or were they always on the pinhead?

And your point is ...?
If you have to ask the point will remain beyond your understanding.

NapRover
08-16-2018, 10:16 AM
I was born in the US. I'm as native American as anyone.

MisterVeritis
08-16-2018, 10:22 AM
That is not entirely true. You must also be subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. Birth alone is insufficient.

Lummy
08-16-2018, 10:26 AM

If you have to ask the point will remain beyond your understanding.

Yes, yes, yes ... you keep saying that.

But you have yet to rise to the challenge of even answering a simple question. Is that because you're so "erudite"?

Do you give autographs?

NapRover
08-16-2018, 10:27 AM
It's only necessary for ME to believe it's true. Hihowareya, hihowareya, hihowareya!!!
I don't think life originated here, so anyone who was born here is native and has roots from somewhere else.

Lummy
08-16-2018, 10:40 AM
Geez ... so defensive ...

Here, let's celebrate!

:Occasion18

MisterVeritis
08-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Yes, yes, yes ... you keep saying that.

But you have yet to rise to the challenge of even answering a simple question. Is that because you're so "erudite"?

Do you give autographs?
I DO give autographs. We call them book signings.

Lummy
08-16-2018, 10:44 AM
It's only necessary for ME to believe it's true. Hihowareya, hihowareya, hihowareya!!!
I don't think life originated here, so anyone who was born here is native and has roots from somewhere else.

Of course you believe that. You absolutely have to believe that. And IMHO, you are a born liar.

Cletus
08-16-2018, 11:07 AM

Time for another quick story... When I was younger, I lived on the rez and my because my people are matrilineal and lines of decent pass through the woman, not the man, women have a great deal of influence and power.

One day, I was visiting my grandmother and there were some tourists milling around when some AIM (Assholes In Moccasins) activists kind of confronted a guy they heard say something about "Indians". They started berating him and telling him the correct term was "Native American" and they found the word "Indian" offensive and he should apologize. Well, my grandmother mosied on over and interjected herself into the conversation. She basically told the AIM guys to shut up and listen while the adults talked and asked the tourist where he was from. He was from Minnesota. She asked where he was born and he replied that he born there. She then lit into the AIM clowns and told them that the tourist was as much a "Native American" as they were and she reminded them that they were also visitors on land belonging to the SENECA NATION OF INDIANS and if they had a problem with that, they should haul their Sioux asses back to South Dakota or wherever they were from. She then invited the tourist and his wife to lunch (She was always big on feeding anyone who walked through her door).

NapRover
08-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Of course you believe that. You absolutely have to believe that. And IMHO, you are a born liar.
Thank you very little.

Lummy
08-16-2018, 12:33 PM
Ahh, the ol' Metastasis Model, tried and true.

Lummy
08-16-2018, 12:34 PM
Thank you very little.

Sorry. Didn't mean to suck the air out of your mom's basement.

Lummy
08-16-2018, 12:48 PM
You do realize that all the term "matrilineal" means to Americans (both black, white and Bronx) is that women should be president, business women should sell out America to the Chinese, successful talented women of an artistic persuasion should sue the fuck out of their employers, and the rest should wear pussy hats. It also qualifies them for membership into the Pocihauntos Tribe whatever.

This, then, is the only true matrilineal modern society, and that is it. And thanks for the education.

Lummy
08-16-2018, 12:54 PM
I knew an injun once a long time ago on another board. We were good friends there though I think he secretly wanted to tear my lungs out.

I don't know why I have that effect on some people. :geez:

barb012
08-16-2018, 01:40 PM
We are against illegal immigration and do not have a problem with legal immigration.

MisterVeritis
08-16-2018, 02:35 PM
I knew an injun once a long time ago on another board. We were good friends there though I think he secretly wanted to tear my lungs out.

I don't know why I have that effect on some people. :geez:
I bet if you asked around someone would tell you.

Mister D
08-16-2018, 02:38 PM
We are against illegal immigration and do not have a problem with legal immigration.
I have a problem with any and all immigration that does not benefit the state (i.e. the citizenry).