PDA

View Full Version : Campus policy destroys student's life.

Lummy
08-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Megyn Kelly takes strong exception to campus policy that defines a student as a rapist and destroys his life, even though his partner insisted all along that he didn't rape her.

“If you get accused of a sexual assault on a college campus, you do not have the right to have your attorney in the proceeding with you. You have a very limited right to cross-examine your accuser. You have almost no rights of discovery, no rights to see what the woman has said in texts and so on to others.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/31/megyn-kelly-barack-obama-campus-sexual-assault/

DGUtley
08-31-2018, 12:30 PM
I have a tendency to agree with Kelly on this. It was almost strict liability.

jimmyz
08-31-2018, 12:47 PM
In today's world a mere accusation can be taken as proof without due process. Fascism of words.

Adelaide
08-31-2018, 01:01 PM
Just to clarify, men who have raped women have been getting away with it for a long, long time. They might have received a week-long suspension that they probably never actually had to complete, assuming that there was any punishment at all. Sometimes they may have had to write an essay about why rape is bad. Generally, nothing happened, though. Reports went down and schools could boast about their low rate of campus sexual assault because women were too scared or felt it was too futile to file a complaint with their university. Title IX, the Education Act of 1972, and associated programs or legislation only enable criminals in this context. Use the routine activities theory and Title IX is one of the greatest barriers to a safe(r) campus. And as far as I know, women aren't entitled to a lawyer, either. They treat it almost like an alternative dispute resolution or arbitration.

It is clear that universities and colleges have no clue how to handle this issue, whether it's labeling people or completely and willfully ignoring the issue. They're fucking morons.

Schools should not be arbitrating this. Leave it to law enforcement, and then use the school code to expel students who get convicted of sexual assault. If a student is formally charged, perhaps the school should temporarily suspend that student until the trial process is complete. I am honestly not sure exactly what to do on the suspension aspect - a victim should not have to walk around campus with the person who raped them, but innocent until proven guilty. A temporary suspension might make the most sense since charges usually implies that the prosecutor has met a level of burden of proof or has enough evidence to do so (and it's not that common in sexual assault cases). But that's just my opinion.

midcan5
08-31-2018, 01:12 PM
Adelaide is right on.

I do find it curious how this article from the 'daily 'BS' caller' acts as though Pres Obama all my his lonesome created these rules etc. The reason the right wing in America is so easily influenced is because they do not seem to understand complex issues and immediately follow the nonsense of the right wing outrage industrial complex. Sad.

Tahuyaman
08-31-2018, 02:48 PM
In today's world a mere accusation can be taken as proof without due process. Fascism of words.

Even when the accuser admits that the original accusation was false.

Tahuyaman
08-31-2018, 02:49 PM
Adelaide is right on.

I do find it curious how this article from the 'daily 'BS' caller' acts as though Pres Obama all my his lonesome created these rules etc. The reason the right wing in America is so easily influenced is because they do not seem to understand complex issues and immediately follow the nonsense of the right wing outrage industrial complex. Sad.

Complete nonsense.

Lummy
08-31-2018, 04:18 PM
Just to clarify, men who have raped women have been getting away with it for a long, long time.

Because it isn't rape. You suppose that might be it?

It is clear that universities and colleges have no clue how to handle this issue, whether it's labeling people or completely and willfully ignoring the issue. They're $#@!ing morons.
No it isn't clear. This is one school and once incident. The issue is the school's policy, and you peeps fail to acknowledge the illegality of it. You probably couldn't handle it anyway because you'd have to dismount your high horse. LOL.

Lummy
08-31-2018, 04:22 PM
Adelaide is right on.

No, she is not.

Because when Obama spoke, his minions obeyed. The standing joke was that he had created an entire academic courtyard of zombies. LOL Obviously, not all of them have regained their sensibility.

Mr.Soxes
08-31-2018, 04:49 PM
Just to clarify, men who have raped women have been getting away with it for a long, long time. They might have received a week-long suspension that they probably never actually had to complete, assuming that there was any punishment at all. Sometimes they may have had to write an essay about why rape is bad. Generally, nothing happened, though. Reports went down and schools could boast about their low rate of campus sexual assault because women were too scared or felt it was too futile to file a complaint with their university. Title IX, the Education Act of 1972, and associated programs or legislation only enable criminals in this context. Use the routine activities theory and Title IX is one of the greatest barriers to a safe(r) campus. And as far as I know, women aren't entitled to a lawyer, either. They treat it almost like an alternative dispute resolution or arbitration.

It is clear that universities and colleges have no clue how to handle this issue, whether it's labeling people or completely and willfully ignoring the issue. They're $#@!ing morons.

Schools should not be arbitrating this. Leave it to law enforcement, and then use the school code to expel students who get convicted of sexual assault. If a student is formally charged, perhaps the school should temporarily suspend that student until the trial process is complete. I am honestly not sure exactly what to do on the suspension aspect - a victim should not have to walk around campus with the person who raped them, but innocent until proven guilty. A temporary suspension might make the most sense since charges usually implies that the prosecutor has met a level of burden of proof or has enough evidence to do so (and it's not that common in sexual assault cases). But that's just my opinion.

Why did they not just report it to the police or maybe a father could have taken care of things?:happy1:

barb012
08-31-2018, 08:59 PM
In history, women were accused of witchcraft based on someone's opinion and died. Today, we have the same behavior by allowing a women simply to make an accusation of rape therefore the guy is guilty without proof and it completely ruins his life.

Mr.Soxes
08-31-2018, 09:03 PM
In history, women were accused of witchcraft based on someone's opinion and died. Today, we have the same behavior by allowing a women simply to make an accusation of rape therefore the guy is guilty without proof and it completely ruins his life.
I did a lot of raping when I casted my ballot for TRUMP!MAGA:flag:

The Xl
08-31-2018, 09:50 PM
We live in a society where proof isn't necessary.

Dr. Who
08-31-2018, 11:13 PM
I have a tendency to agree with Kelly on this. It was almost strict liability.

The school process is extra-legal. The accused can sue the school in an actual legal forum and if as suggested, it was a kangaroo court, would win. If that happens a couple of times, the school will change their policy and protocols, since it costs money to go to court, especially if you have to pay the winners costs.

donttread
09-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Megyn Kelly takes strong exception to campus policy that defines a student as a rapist and destroys his life, even though his partner insisted all along that he didn't rape her.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/31/megyn-kelly-barack-obama-campus-sexual-assault/

Class action lawsuit pending? I know this has happened to a lot more than one guy. Sue the bastards fo violation of due process and specific preformence of tutoring you through a degree.
I'm telling you young men until you are ready to get serious get a laptop and a sexbot. Then find your life long mate online. Don't date coworkers or coeds, hell try not to even talk to them

Peter1469
09-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Class action lawsuit pending? I know this has happened to a lot more than one guy. Sue the bastards fo violation of due process and specific preformence of tutoring you through a degree.
I'm telling you young men until you are ready to get serious get a laptop and a sexbot. Then find your life long mate online. Don't date coworkers or coeds, hell try not to even talk to them

Can't read the article because of its ad blocker policy. What is the class action lawsuit over? Sexual harassment?

Mr.Soxes
09-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Can't read the article because of its ad blocker policy. What is the class action lawsuit over? Sexual harassment?
Hoochie drunkenness more than likely!:boobs: