PDA

View Full Version : Pope Francis’ Accuser Turns Up the Pressure With More Accusations

Common
09-03-2018, 09:03 AM
This pope has been the most divisive in my lifetime. I think it would be best for the Catholic Church to have him resign and place a Pope that carries a big stick and purges the pedophelia from the church. If not the church is going to continue to decline

The archbishop who accused Pope Francis of covering up a cardinal’s sexual misconduct has escalated his offensive with new, detailed accusations that put increasing pressure on a pontiff who the archbishop and his supporters say has misled the faithful and should resign.

The accuser, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, initially said he would turn off his phone and disappear into hiding for fear of his safety. But he then made a series of new accounts in conservative Roman Catholic news outlets.

In a new letter published late Friday by the conservative website LifeSiteNews, the archbishop gave his version of events leading up to the pope’s controversial September 2015 meeting with Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk who refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses. His description contradicted the Vatican’s own account of that private meeting, maintaining that Francis’ lieutenants lied to the public about the encounter, which threatened to eclipse the pope’s entire trip to the United States that month.

A letter by Viganò made public last weekend alleged that the Vatican hierarchy was complicit in covering up accusations that Cardinal Theodore McCarrick had sexually abused seminarians and that Pope Francis knew about the abuses years before they became public. It also said that rather than punishing the cardinal, Francis empowered him to help choose powerful American bishops.

Viganò has aligned himself with a conservative group of powerful prelates, in both the Vatican and the United States, who have seized on the clerical sex abuse scandal to try to damage Francis and his agenda. They believe the pope is abandoning the church’s rules and traditions through his shift away from culture-war issues like abortion in favor of an emphasis on inclusion, including toward gays, whom Viganò and his allies blame for pedophilia in the church.

The archbishop writes that he was spurred to weigh in again by a New York Times article this past week quoting a Chilean abuse survivor, Juan Carlos Cruz. Cruz said Francis had told him that Viganò sneaked Davis into the Vatican Embassy in Washington for a private meeting in 2015 and that the pope did not know who she was or why she was controversial.

https://www.wral.com/pope-francis-accuser-turns-up-the-pressure-with-more-accusations/17813445/

HawkTheSlayer
09-03-2018, 01:28 PM
The Heretic Francis will declare Vigano` a heretic.

Common
09-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Its telling that an Archbishop feels he must go into hiding to protect his life for exposing pedophelia in the catholic church.

Peter1469
09-03-2018, 01:40 PM
The left loved this pope in the beginning. Are they tossing him under the bus now?

There is also the inconvenient prophecy- that this pope is the last pope before the end of times.

Captdon
09-03-2018, 05:41 PM
I thought he was a mistake from the beginning. I thought Benedict was also a mistake. I didn't thin he could handle the job and respected him for retiring.

HawkTheSlayer
09-03-2018, 10:52 PM
I thought he was a mistake from the beginning. I thought Benedict was also a mistake. I didn't thin he could handle the job and respected him for retiring.

Poping must be hard work.

Trish
09-04-2018, 06:51 AM
The church is on the decline because it's based on fantasy. In addition, the hypocrisy of its flock has exposed it's true mission which is to dominate and control large masses of people for the sole purpose of power and greed.

DGUtley
09-04-2018, 08:16 AM
The church is on the decline because it's based on fantasy. In addition, the hypocrisy of its flock has exposed it's true mission which is to dominate and control large masses of people for the sole purpose of power and greed.

The Church is not on the decline, it is arising from this smaller but stronger. The Church faithful are as strong and as vibrant as ever. I know, I see it every week. We've worked hard to root out the evil and will continue to be vigilant. There's no power and greed with the Church. The Mission of the faithful is clear.

Cannons Front
09-04-2018, 08:32 AM

Corruption is everywhere there is no organization immune to it. The Catholic Church made mistakes in the past that are coming back to hurt it, but it will survive. Big religion in general has a lot of money which increases the chance for corruption and wrong doing. Overall I think the Catholic Church does a good job, they do far more good that most people know. This does not mean they are perfect as perfection is not possible for man kind. And before I get accused of being brainwashed, I am not Catholic.

Trish
09-04-2018, 08:39 AM
The Church is not on the decline, it is arising from this smaller but stronger. The Church faithful are as strong and as vibrant as ever. I know, I see it every week. We've worked hard to root out the evil and will continue to be vigilant. There's no power and greed with the Church. The Mission of the faithful is clear.

And they also rake in millions of dollars that are tax exempt. It's a scam that was based on lies to control women and other sub populations that men in power considered below them. Sure they've modified it to make it less oppressive from those looking from the outside in but they still preach the same old tired crap. Women serve the man. And most who attend church do it for networking purposes or to slap it on their resume's while fucking their mistresses and giving them money under the table to get an abortion.

The most baffling part to me are all the parents who have known from past reports how filthy and wicked the church is and yet they continue to hand over their kids so the priests can get their rocks off. I guess the children are the equivalent of the sacrificial lambs. Give me your kids to fuck so you can get in heaven. Pathetic. The parents are just as much to blame and I would go as far as to say they are accomplices to the rape and molestation.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's. clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. The church is a very well organized mass of false prophets.

I don't need anyone to preach to me about what's good and bad or how to treat others. I don't need someone to preach to me on helping others in need. I question those who need that weekly reminder.

It's all bullshit imo,

Mister D
09-04-2018, 08:56 AM

You're dealing with bigots and kooks.

Mister D
09-04-2018, 08:57 AM
And they also rake in millions of dollars that are tax exempt. It's a scam that was based on lies to control women and other sub populations that men in power considered below them. Sure they've modified it to make it less oppressive from those looking from the outside in but they still preach the same old tired crap. Women serve the man. And most who attend church do it for networking purposes or to slap it on their resume's while $#@!ing their mistresses and giving them money under the table to get an abortion.

The most baffling part to me are all the parents who have known from past reports how filthy and wicked the church is and yet they continue to hand over their kids so the priests can get their rocks off. I guess the children are the equivalent of the sacrificial lambs. Give me your kids to $#@! so you can get in heaven. Pathetic. The parents are just as much to blame and I would go as far as to say they are accomplices to the rape and molestation.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's. clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. The church is a very well organized mass of false prophets.

I don't need anyone to preach to me about what's good and bad or how to treat others. I don't need someone to preach to me on helping others in need. I question those who need that weekly reminder.

It's all bull$#@! imo,

I've been a Catholic for 42 years. I've never heard that preached anywhere.

Mister D
09-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Rednecking isn't.

DGUtley
09-04-2018, 09:08 AM
And they also rake in millions of dollars that are tax exempt. It's a scam that was based on lies to control women and other sub populations that men in power considered below them. Sure they've modified it to make it less oppressive from those looking from the outside in but they still preach the same old tired crap. Women serve the man. And most who attend church do it for networking purposes or to slap it on their resume's while fucking their mistresses and giving them money under the table to get an abortion.

The most baffling part to me are all the parents who have known from past reports how filthy and wicked the church is and yet they continue to hand over their kids so the priests can get their rocks off. I guess the children are the equivalent of the sacrificial lambs. Give me your kids to fuck so you can get in heaven. Pathetic. The parents are just as much to blame and I would go as far as to say they are accomplices to the rape and molestation.

It's all bullshit imo,

The Church doesn't "rake in millions of dollars" -- it takes in and then gives away the same in charity. Don't you get that? Catholic women aren't subjugated or oppressed. Ask some sometime. You'll be shocked. Step away from the feminazi propaganda and ask some Catholic women what they think. Catholic women are equal to Catholic men. My wife is equal to me. My mother was equal to my father. My grandmother was equal to my grandfather. The Catholic Church is about networking? Really? Wow, I've been Catholic my entire life and not once, ever, have I ever "networked" through the Church. I'm a member of the Knights of Columbus, a do-good Fraternal Organization that (in our Church) supports the Society for Handicapped Children. I've been a Knight 27 years -- 0 marketing or networking. Don't get me wrong, I'm a lawyer and I know all about marketing and networking. If it was there, I'd have known it. Going to Church to market...…..

This paragraph from your statement:

Wow. This tells me that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, whatsoever or what really happened inside the Church, or what happened at all when evil infected the Church. "hand over their kids so the priests can get their rocks off" "Give me your kids to fuck so you can get in heaven" You apparently have zero understanding and knowledge of what happened, you don't know the depths to which the pedophiliacs and evildoers hid this from the people. If you did you would not say something so indicting about the parents such as you did.

I don't know where your hatred of the Roman Catholic Church comes from. I'm sorry that you do. The Church is not what you think it is. We have worked very hard to root out the evil.

Mini Me
09-04-2018, 09:25 AM

It's all bullshit imo,
I have never met an intelligent Catholic in my whole long life!

Mister D
09-04-2018, 10:10 AM

Leave your trailer park.

Tahuyaman
09-04-2018, 10:31 AM
The left loved this pope in the beginning. Are they tossing him under the bus now?

There is also the inconvenient prophecy- that this pope is the last pope before the end of times.
The Pope should blame Trump for problems the church is facing. The left will love him again.

Cletus
09-04-2018, 10:49 AM
You are such a stranger to intelligence, you wouldn't recognize it if it walked up and introduced itself.

Tahuyaman
09-04-2018, 11:10 AM

That mught be the dumbest comment ever posted here.

Captdon
09-04-2018, 12:24 PM

Snark? Being Pope is a great responsibility.

Captdon
09-04-2018, 12:28 PM

No. You don't have to believe but don't tell me I believe in a fantasy. I am neither dominated or controlled by the Church. I am in the front row of saying the Church has to make changes to return to it's purpose.

Captdon
09-04-2018, 12:31 PM
And they also rake in millions of dollars that are tax exempt. It's a scam that was based on lies to control women and other sub populations that men in power considered below them. Sure they've modified it to make it less oppressive from those looking from the outside in but they still preach the same old tired crap. Women serve the man. And most who attend church do it for networking purposes or to slap it on their resume's while $#@!ing their mistresses and giving them money under the table to get an abortion.

The most baffling part to me are all the parents who have known from past reports how filthy and wicked the church is and yet they continue to hand over their kids so the priests can get their rocks off. I guess the children are the equivalent of the sacrificial lambs. Give me your kids to $#@! so you can get in heaven. Pathetic. The parents are just as much to blame and I would go as far as to say they are accomplices to the rape and molestation.

It's all bull$#@! imo,

You owe an apology to every Catholic on this forum. You certainly owe me one. This is a load of tripe.

I've heard this bigotry all my life. Catholics not sheep. You don't see Catholics on television demanding money so they can live like kings.

This the real you? Fine. You will be treated by me as just another dummy. You really gave yourself away.

Captdon
09-04-2018, 12:33 PM
i have never met an intelligent catholic in my whole long life!

from the dumbist ass here.

roadmaster
09-04-2018, 02:08 PM
You know they just arrested two priest from Chicago in Florida having sex with each other on a busy street, in a car without tinted windows. People walking by the car called it in and when the police arrived it was still going on. This is going to hit the news soon if it's not already out.

Trish
09-04-2018, 03:07 PM
You owe an apology to every Catholic on this forum. You certainly owe me one. This is a load of tripe.

I've heard this bigotry all my life. Catholics not sheep. You don't see Catholics on television demanding money so they can live like kings.

This the real you? Fine. You will be treated by me as just another dummy. You really gave yourself away.

Capt'n you are right. I sincerely apologize to you and anyone else in which my comments offended. I should probably not discuss religion and will not do so going forward,. Just know that I am sincerely sorry that I offended you and others. It's important to me that I not damage any relationships that I've fostered here on tPF.

Safety
09-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Yet, if Pope Francis didn't rebuke Trump as strongly as he did, nor be so adamant in other issues that social cons hold dear, he would not be such a target for their wrath.

Common
09-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Yet, if Pope Francis didn't rebuke Trump as strongly as he did, nor be so adamant in other issues that social cons hold dear, he would not be such a target for their wrath.
You are just dead wrong, the dislike for this pope has nothing to do with Trump it has everything to do with his getting involved in politics that many of his followers totally disagree with, like illegal immigration and gay marriage and abortion.

He tried to liberalize the church to a point it wasnt a church anymore. He is disliked by a majority of american catholics. Even the staunchest of public catholic support groups dislike him the Catholic League.

Captdon
09-04-2018, 05:46 PM

Yet, he didn't believe the Bishop did anything wrong and condemned his accusers until the priests there threatened to resign. Francis is an enabler.

You can't even get a lie straight.

Captdon
09-04-2018, 05:48 PM
You are just dead wrong, the dislike for this pope has nothing to do with Trump it has everything to do with his getting involved in politics that many of his followers totally disagree with, like illegal immigration and gay marriage and abortion.

He tried to liberalize the church to a point it wasnt a church anymore. He is disliked by a majority of american catholics. Even the staunchest of public catholic support groups dislike him the Catholic League.

He's not a Catholic at all. He's a poser.

Common
09-04-2018, 08:35 PM

TB'd for Personal Insult

Common
09-04-2018, 08:36 PM

TB'd for Insult

Dr. Who
09-05-2018, 01:30 AM

The Catholic Church like all other faiths is losing parishioners to relevancy. Americans may not like him - he's a Jesuit and therefore less connected to the traditions of the Church and more connected to reaching individuals.

donttread
09-05-2018, 06:34 AM
This pope has been the most divisive in my lifetime. I think it would be best for the Catholic Church to have him resign and place a Pope that carries a big stick and purges the pedophelia from the church. If not the church is going to continue to decline

The archbishop who accused Pope Francis of covering up a cardinal’s sexual misconduct has escalated his offensive with new, detailed accusations that put increasing pressure on a pontiff who the archbishop and his supporters say has misled the faithful and should resign.

The accuser, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, initially said he would turn off his phone and disappear into hiding for fear of his safety. But he then made a series of new accounts in conservative Roman Catholic news outlets.

In a new letter published late Friday by the conservative website LifeSiteNews, the archbishop gave his version of events leading up to the pope’s controversial September 2015 meeting with Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk who refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses. His description contradicted the Vatican’s own account of that private meeting, maintaining that Francis’ lieutenants lied to the public about the encounter, which threatened to eclipse the pope’s entire trip to the United States that month.

A letter by Viganò made public last weekend alleged that the Vatican hierarchy was complicit in covering up accusations that Cardinal Theodore McCarrick had sexually abused seminarians and that Pope Francis knew about the abuses years before they became public. It also said that rather than punishing the cardinal, Francis empowered him to help choose powerful American bishops.

Viganò has aligned himself with a conservative group of powerful prelates, in both the Vatican and the United States, who have seized on the clerical sex abuse scandal to try to damage Francis and his agenda. They believe the pope is abandoning the church’s rules and traditions through his shift away from culture-war issues like abortion in favor of an emphasis on inclusion, including toward gays, whom Viganò and his allies blame for pedophilia in the church.

The archbishop writes that he was spurred to weigh in again by a New York Times article this past week quoting a Chilean abuse survivor, Juan Carlos Cruz. Cruz said Francis had told him that Viganò sneaked Davis into the Vatican Embassy in Washington for a private meeting in 2015 and that the pope did not know who she was or why she was controversial.

https://www.wral.com/pope-francis-accuser-turns-up-the-pressure-with-more-accusations/17813445/

Sounds a lot more like a political power struggle than religious differences or even attempts to right wrongs.
But then again the Catholic Church is a very political body

DGUtley
09-05-2018, 07:25 AM
The Catholic Church like all other faiths is losing parishioners to relevancy. Americans may not like him - he's a Jesuit and therefore less connected to the traditions of the Church and more connected to reaching individuals.

The faithful are struggling, I think. I know that I am. I was taught that no matter what's popular, wrong is wrong and right is right. Period. Regardless of societal viewpoints, popularity etc. This Pope seems to what to throw that on its ears. I miss JP2.

Sounds a lot more like a political power struggle than religious differences or even attempts to right wrongs. But then again the Catholic Church is a very political body

The Church is extremely political. There's people that believe that JP1 was killed over bank corruption / money.

roadmaster
09-05-2018, 11:06 PM
I am not catholic but these men seem to think all of you that are, are getting infiltrators. They too brought up what happened in Florida the other day. Could be something to this.

Church Militant (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX17igkZ9JhU64JoTBVSWeQ)

https://youtu.be/5uLWladUd1Y

Mini Me
09-06-2018, 12:38 PM
You are such a stranger to intelligence, you wouldn't recognize it if it walked up and introduced itself.
That almost sounds like an insult, until I realized who it came from. FESTUS!

Mini Me
09-06-2018, 12:40 PM
That mught be the dumbest comment ever posted here.

No, its true!Are you catholic? That would explain your stupidity, Sarge!

Tahuyaman
09-06-2018, 12:42 PM
No, its true!Are you catholic? That would explain your stupidity, Sarge!

How can someone be this ignorant?

Mini Me
09-06-2018, 12:46 PM

hey, its nothing personal! You don't have to apologize for what your church does, they are the ones who should!I never insulted you personally.

Mister D
09-06-2018, 02:14 PM
hey, its nothing personal! You don't have to apologize for what your church does, they are the ones who should!I never insulted you personally.
Lay off the meth.

Mister D
09-06-2018, 02:15 PM
How can someone be this ignorant?
Trailer parks aren't full of the well educated .

Common
09-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Doc they dont like him because hes trying to change the very basis of catholicism its not only parishioners that dont like him many priests and on up the ladder want him gone.

The head of the Catholic League Bill Donohue publically admonishs this pope and states he should step down.
He is the head of the Catholic Church hes not Secretary General of the UN.

Hes made his own bed no one has made it for him. These allegation by this cardinal if proven true will be the final straw.

Mini Me
09-07-2018, 06:49 PM
The faithful are struggling, I think. I know that I am. I was taught that no matter what's popular, wrong is wrong and right is right. Period. Regardless of societal viewpoints, popularity etc. This Pope seems to what to throw that on its ears. I miss JP2.

The Church is extremely political. There's people that believe that JP1 was killed over bank corruption / money.
I apologize to you and other Catholics for my remark.