PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs exposed as an abusive creep by his daughter

Common
09-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Steve Jobs would never have survived #MeToo.

The myth he built — a difficult man whose genius made him so and justified any personal failings — has finally been leveled.

“Small Fry (https://www.amazon.com/Small-Fry-Lisa-Brennan-Jobs/dp/0802128238?tag=nypost-20?tag=nypost-20),” the new memoir by his daughter Lisa Brennan-Jobs, depicts a sadistic man and a horrible father: sexually inappropriate, verbally and psychologically abusive, pitiless and cheap — with his time, money, emotions, attention.

This was a man who liked to make little girls cry.

Brennan-Jobs, now 40, opens her book with a deathbed scene unlike any other. There is her father, a titan of the 20th century, emaciated and unable to walk, propped on a hospital bed in his study. She goes into the restroom and finds an expensive bottle of rosewater face mist. She spritzes herself. She is trying to make every interaction, possibly their last, perfect.

“I’d given up on the possibility of a grand reconciliation, the kind in the movies,” she writes. “But I kept coming anyway.”

After hugging her father goodbye, his bones protruding through waxy skin, he calls for her.

“Lis?”

“Yeah?”

“You smell like a toilet.”

While promoting her book, Brennan-Jobs has, poignantly, sought to excuse scenes like these. “Just to be clear: I did, in fact, smell like a toilet,” she tweeted on Aug. 15. She has expressed fear that readers might not appreciate the love she still has for her father or realize she has forgiven him. Even as a teenager, she felt guilt for wanting him around: After all, he was busy changing the world, socializing with rock stars and partying in the South of France.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/06/steve-jobs-exposed-as-an-abusive-creep-by-his-daughter/

jimmyz
09-06-2018, 02:21 PM
I take it that she was cut out of the will so she had to get a book deal to better her income.

Mini Me
09-06-2018, 04:01 PM
i take it that she was cut out of the will so she had to get a book deal to better her income.

wham!

Tahuyaman
09-06-2018, 04:57 PM
I'm always skeptical of allegations directed at people who are dead and can't defend them self.

donttread
09-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Steve Jobs would never have survived #MeToo.

The myth he built — a difficult man whose genius made him so and justified any personal failings — has finally been leveled.

“Small Fry (https://www.amazon.com/Small-Fry-Lisa-Brennan-Jobs/dp/0802128238?tag=nypost-20?tag=nypost-20),” the new memoir by his daughter Lisa Brennan-Jobs, depicts a sadistic man and a horrible father: sexually inappropriate, verbally and psychologically abusive, pitiless and cheap — with his time, money, emotions, attention.

This was a man who liked to make little girls cry.

Brennan-Jobs, now 40, opens her book with a deathbed scene unlike any other. There is her father, a titan of the 20th century, emaciated and unable to walk, propped on a hospital bed in his study. She goes into the restroom and finds an expensive bottle of rosewater face mist. She spritzes herself. She is trying to make every interaction, possibly their last, perfect.

“I’d given up on the possibility of a grand reconciliation, the kind in the movies,” she writes. “But I kept coming anyway.”

After hugging her father goodbye, his bones protruding through waxy skin, he calls for her.

“Lis?”

“Yeah?”

“You smell like a toilet.”

While promoting her book, Brennan-Jobs has, poignantly, sought to excuse scenes like these. “Just to be clear: I did, in fact, smell like a toilet,” she tweeted on Aug. 15. She has expressed fear that readers might not appreciate the love she still has for her father or realize she has forgiven him. Even as a teenager, she felt guilt for wanting him around: After all, he was busy changing the world, socializing with rock stars and partying in the South of France.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/06/steve-jobs-exposed-as-an-abusive-creep-by-his-daughter/

Not necessarily Gospel. Although I can't imagine why she'd even write a family tell all book as I would guess she and her grandkids should be set for life. Or did she not get as much in the will as she thought she could. Also a titled table example. There are bad moms and dads everywhere and yet without the name of her villan she , like most of them would have never been published.

Tahuyaman
09-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Why didn’t she come out with this stuff while her father was still alive?

Common Sense
09-06-2018, 08:10 PM
I think Jobs may have been on the spectrum. He didn't seem to know how to properly relate to other humans. Either that or he was just a dick.

Common
09-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Theres been stories about Jobs while he was alive, his employees hating him for one story. It was reported he was an abusive boss.

Tahuyaman
09-07-2018, 08:53 AM
I'm sure that he was a demanding boss. Some people don't like that. Others can handle it.