PDA

View Full Version : Dems Silent As Violence Against Republicans Escalates

Chris
09-13-2018, 01:51 PM
You have to speak up against violence or it will escalate.

Dems Silent As Violence Against Republicans Escalates (https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/attacks-republicans-trump-violent-rhetoric/)

What will it take before virulent Trump-haters admit that their increasingly violent rhetoric is putting lives in danger? Attacks on Republicans over the past few days show that the time for the left's reckoning is drawing near.

In case you haven't heard — which would not be surprising, given the general media blackout on such events — attacks on Republicans are increasing and increasingly dangerous.

In just the past few days:

A California resident attacked California GOP congressional candidate Rudy Peters with a switchblade. Witnesses said the assailant was spewing profanity-laced remarks about Trump and the Republican Party.

A Republican Party office in Laramie, Wyoming caught fire — in what officials suspect was arson — just days after it opened.

A deranged driver repeatedly rammed his truck into a local Fox News affiliate in Dallas, Texas.

Also this week, a leftist threatened to commit mass slaughter at a "Make America Great" event at Trump's hotel in DC. "I am coming with a gun and i expect to get numerous bloodstained MAGA hats as trophies," the unnamed Twitter account holder tweeted.

Breitbart started collecting examples of attacks on Republicans and Trump supporters in recent months. Their list is now over 550. In the past couple days, someone spat at a Hispanic immigrant woman wearing a Trump hat. A black man got kicked out of a bar for the same offense.

Then there are the repeated calls — either explicit or implicit — to attack Republicans coming from prominent journalists, politicians and celebrities.

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough...

Also this week, Broadway celebrity Carole Cook...

The reaction to all this from the liberal press and from peace-loving Democrats? Silence at best, cheers at worst.

This is striking, and strikingly hypocritical. ...

Common
09-13-2018, 02:05 PM
Theyve been violent since trump won the primary, even our liberals on this forum avoid admitting the left is violent and try to put that on the right.

Chris
09-13-2018, 02:07 PM
Theyve been violent since trump won the primary, even our liberals on this forum avoid admitting the left is violent and try to put that on the right.

It's like many things they put on the right, falsely so, racism and Nazism two others, though they lump them together.

littlejohn
09-13-2018, 03:05 PM
Hi,
A couple of thoughts on this;

I don't know whether the street attackers are Democrats. For the sake and intent of the thread though -- will proceed as if they are. It wont substantially alter the content.
I'm not sure it is correct to describe democrats as "peace loving." Democratic Party and its Presidents have shown they are "opportunistically so" but will pop a cap in your ass as fast as any Republican Party President -- thus the street attackers are not out of line in the "hypocritical" sense.

For now, political change requires violence, or a believable threat thereof. Cultural change requires either violence or violation. In every realistic strategy, pawns with strong feelings are needed to create the collateral for propaganda. If they don't exist they are easily created. This is all very normal. Nothing personal.

Chris
09-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Hi,
A couple of thoughts on this;

I don't know whether the street attackers are Democrats. For the sake and intent of the thread though -- will proceed as if they are. It wont substantially alter the content.
I'm not sure it is correct to describe democrats as "peace loving." Democratic Party and its Presidents have shown they are "opportunistically so" but will pop a cap in your ass as fast as any Republican Party President -- thus the street attackers are not out of line in the "hypocritical" sense.

For now, political change requires violence, or a believable threat thereof. Cultural change requires either violence or violation. In every realistic strategy, pawns with strong feelings are needed to create the collateral for propaganda. If they don't exist they are easily created. This is all very normal. Nothing personal.

Of course they're not the peace lovers they pretend to be.

Violence will only create a government with greater monopoly on violence.

MMC
09-13-2018, 04:49 PM
And yet the Right still holds back and shows tolerance.

Captdon
09-13-2018, 04:50 PM
The left has little ability to change our society without violence. The American people don't like them. They are depending on historical apathy to win back one house of Congress.

In 2020 they are going to continue their downward spiral. They need something besides their ides because their ideas are un- American. The violence is to be distracting the voters.

The Democrats seem to be operating in a vacuum. They think they can do whatever they want with impunity. They actually believe they can fool the deplorables.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2018, 05:15 PM

Dems Silent As Violence Against Republicans Escalates (https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/attacks-republicans-trump-violent-rhetoric/)
Democrats are encouraging this activity.

Beevee
09-13-2018, 05:53 PM
It's amusing watching deplorables argue among themselves on how much culpability is owed to Democrats, while at the same time ignoring that the White House floor is sinking into the swamp Trump claimed he would drain.

Tahuyaman
09-13-2018, 06:20 PM
It's amusing watching deplorables argue among themselves on how much culpability is owed to Democrats, while at the same time ignoring that the White House floor is sinking into the swamp Trump claimed he would drain.

No one is arguing about it. The swamp so to speak has taken over through generations. It can’t be purged essentially overnight.

Chris
09-13-2018, 07:20 PM

That's nice, call others names, invent an argument, and then attack Trump. TDS.

Beevee
09-13-2018, 07:24 PM
That's nice, call others names, invent an argument, and then attack Trump. TDS.

What's with the faux anger? It's not the first time I post that way and I can assure you it won't be the last either.

Chris
09-13-2018, 07:41 PM
What's with the faux anger? It's not the first time I post that way and I can assure you it won't be the last either.

You're the one seems angry that I dismissed your canned complaint.

Suggestion, when you target someone to rile them make sure you do so correctly. You keep trying to rile me up about Trump and I keep telling you I don't like him.

southwest88
09-13-2018, 07:42 PM
Left, Right, center. I don't care about the political affiliation, sexual preference, ethnicity, race, religion, age - none of that. If someone is violent, or incites to violence - detain them & charge them, if the evidence holds up.

If they're found guilty, punish them according to the suggested guidelines for the crime.

Beevee
09-13-2018, 07:57 PM

Suggestion, when you target someone to rile them make sure you do so correctly. You keep trying to rile me up about Trump and I keep telling you I don't like him.

There are many who don't like him. He's the new representative of the Republican cause so whether you like him or not, you support his madness.

Chris
09-13-2018, 08:16 PM
There are many who don't like him. He's the new representative of the Republican cause so whether you like him or not, you support his madness.

Once again, be sure of your targets, Beevee. I'm not a Republican, I'm libertarian anarchist. So no I support nether them nor him.

Nor do I support liberal violence. Do you? You're so silent on that.

Chris
09-13-2018, 08:21 PM
Left, Right, center. I don't care about the political affiliation, sexual preference, ethnicity, race, religion, age - none of that. If someone is violent, or incites to violence - detain them & charge them, if the evidence holds up.

If they're found guilty, punish them according to the suggested guidelines for the crime.

Agree. But some leaders need to step up to discourage such behavior.

zachroidott
09-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Well, you don't really have a say. Tabernac!

Beevee
09-13-2018, 08:57 PM
Well, you don't really have a say. Tabernac!

This is an international forum.
You don't like it?
Piss off then!

Which, for the benefit of those who do not realise it, is the English version of the French word quoted previously.

Beevee
09-13-2018, 08:58 PM
Once again, be sure of your targets, Beevee. I'm not a Republican, I'm libertarian anarchist. So no I support nether them nor him.

I see. So if I don't mention something, I'm either for it or against it?

Chris
09-13-2018, 09:52 PM

Don't you think, before you troll me on Trump or Republicans, you ought to say, oh, btw, I'm against this liberal violence? Otherwise, it seems you don't care.

Cletus
09-13-2018, 10:01 PM
The violence will stop when retaliation begins.

zachroidott
09-13-2018, 10:12 PM
This is an international forum.
You don't like it?
Piss off then!

Which, for the benefit of those who do not realise it, is the English version of the French word quoted previously.

So much anger. I mean, I don't give a shit about Trudeau. lol.

zachroidott
09-13-2018, 10:15 PM
I sense a clumsy clambering towards irony.

countryboy
09-13-2018, 10:17 PM

His silence is tacit support. No further confirmation needed.

littlejohn
09-13-2018, 10:19 PM
Democrats are encouraging this activity.

I have asked myself over and over... who has the most to gain from open attacks based on political party affiliation. The usual obvious culprits seem to be missing.
I agree the Democratic Party encourages this, and that by the way, is (IMO) the perfect way to express it. I say that, first, because I think it is true, but also because I personally have not been able to get concrete assurance that the perpetrators are Democrats. They could be any kind of MF's.

Considering that peer pressure is what it is -- and adding to that, the cornerstone Dem Party strategy (something negative must be on TV everyday all day), and adding to that, the overwhelming gloom that arises when your team seems to be losing -- I can easily picture any number of people answering the call.

There was frustration on other threads regarding making excuses for the perpetrators and a tendency to infer that excuses were being made (implicitly) for the Dem Party --
Not here.

I'm a Troll. We troll for information. We are inherently lazy and cannot swing swords at the wrong ones. So we paint the picture first, then retire to the hollow below the bridge, and wait ....... big difference in that, and making excuses.

Have a great evening, and thanks for the opportunity to share.

--jm

roadmaster
09-13-2018, 11:22 PM
The left thinks they have a right to attack you Nazis, KKK and pig police. They want conservatives to die off.

You see the immigrant society sent over many trans, homosexuals from many places especially Africa. It's revenge and you need to understand this. They hate mostly white conservative countries.

Common Sense
09-13-2018, 11:29 PM
The left thinks they have a right to attack you Nazis, KKK and pig police. They want conservatives to die off.

You see the immigrant society sent over many trans, homosexuals from many places especially Africa. It's revenge and you need to understand this. They hate mostly white conservative countries.

...and puppies/kittens. We hates dem too.

roadmaster
09-13-2018, 11:37 PM
...and puppies/kittens. We hates dem too. It's good to tell rights this because I get pissed when they think they can have dialog with them. Those boys and girls even old creeps, in mask the left thinks they are smart, many with severed minds and the right thinks they can reason with them.

Common Sense
09-13-2018, 11:39 PM
What's weird is that any violence aimed at minorites or the left, even if perpetrated by Trump supporters, is characterized as lone wolfs or nuts. However any violence against Trump supporters is a condemnation of the entire left.

Yes, some on the left and particularly the far left have resorted to violence, but so have some on the right.

All violence should be condemned. I condemn it. The actions of a few, regardless of their political affiliation, shouldn't be used to incriminate an entire political side.

roadmaster
09-13-2018, 11:47 PM
I watch all town meetings when they show up to say how scared they were when Trump supporters showed up. They come from openly homosexual acceptance churches, pride parades and last but not least many are from synagogues claiming holocaust. Of course they will have there what they call created creatures with them stirred up to help.

I am sick of the left and their racist games. I am sick of their communist lawyer representatives in the green caps telling them don't worry we will get you off.

Common Sense
09-13-2018, 11:49 PM
I watch all town meetings when they show up to say how scared they were when Trump supporters showed up. They come from openly homosexual acceptance churches, pride parades and last but not least many are from synagogues claiming holocaust. Of course they will have there what they call created creatures with them stirred up to help.

I am sick of the left and their racist games. I am sick of their communist lawyer representatives in the green caps telling them don't worry we will get you off.

Oh no...gays and Jews! Commie lawyers too? Say it isn't so.

roadmaster
09-13-2018, 11:51 PM
Oh no...gays and Jews! Commie lawyers too? Say it isn't so. Well the truth is never a lie. They openly admit it in these meetings. I have watched just about all of them and it's always the same ones.

Beevee
09-14-2018, 06:06 AM
So much anger. I mean, I don't give a $#@! about Trudeau. lol.

Very amusing. You should be part of the White House pig's comedy team.

Beevee
09-14-2018, 06:07 AM

The typical response of a deplorable.

Beevee
09-14-2018, 06:12 AM

Find a post of mine to support your theory. You can't. So don't accuse me of what you may already be in ten differing contexts.

MMC
09-14-2018, 06:47 AM

One fact of significance. The attacks by the Left are escalating. The leadership of the Demos need to be out in front of those cameras, condemning attacks.

Other significant Demos need to be doing the same thing. They should also mention how these attacks are being perceived, and where that could lead. Which is something they don't want to see happen.

Repubs Leaders should do the same. Despite more escalating attacks by the Leftness.

The Lame Stream Media should not get a pass for downplaying these attacks.

Chris
09-14-2018, 08:33 AM

Especially when it's brought up. All he has to say is he's against it.

Chris
09-14-2018, 08:33 AM

That's true of Antifa, certainly.

Chris
09-14-2018, 08:34 AM
What's weird is that any violence aimed at minorites or the left, even if perpetrated by Trump supporters, is characterized as lone wolfs or nuts. However any violence against Trump supporters is a condemnation of the entire left.

Yes, some on the left and particularly the far left have resorted to violence, but so have some on the right.

All violence should be condemned. I condemn it. The actions of a few, regardless of their political affiliation, shouldn't be used to incriminate an entire political side.

Wow, tu quoque.

Tell you what, report specific instance of violence on the right and I will condemn it.

Chris
09-14-2018, 08:36 AM
The typical response of a deplorable.

Well. Beevee, what do you have to say about the violence on the left?

countryboy
09-14-2018, 08:50 AM
Especially when it's brought up. All he has to say is he's against it.

He won't, because he's not.

Beevee
09-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Well. Beevee, what do you have to say about the violence on the left?

Simple. I abhor it. Not that I haven't said so before. It's here in the threads about Trump's rantings that the violence is equally shared.
Now, go find it, or don't.

Chris
09-14-2018, 09:26 AM
Simple. I abhor it. Not that I haven't said so before. It's here in the threads about Trump's rantings that the violence is equally shared.
Now, go find it, or don't.

:applause:

southwest88
09-14-2018, 09:35 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by southwest88 http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=2421815#post2421815) Left, Right, center. I don't care about the political affiliation, sexual preference, ethnicity, race, religion, age - none of that. If someone is violent, or incites to violence - detain them & charge them, if the evidence holds up.

(end quote)

Agree. But some leaders need to step up to discourage such behavior.

I think all political leaders should discourage violence, with a vengeance. We can't have a political process if we're busy dodging bullets; see Sarajevo, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Hutu/Tutsi, the entire miserable litany of low-level conflict that went to conventional war & then nuclear.

Captdon
09-14-2018, 10:22 AM

I voted for him. He should take me on instead.

Chris
09-15-2018, 10:23 AM
An interesting commentary relevant to the OP: The Civil War on America’s Horizon (https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-civil-war-on-americas-horizon/)

...While the elites have deliberately cut themselves off from their civilizational inheritance because they view it as unworthy, Trump supporters do not feel estranged from national and religious symbols and traditions. Most never attended an elite university, have never read Derrida, and have no desire to deconstruct the customs they love. The elites and Trumpites live in different moral universes, and their unrelenting political warfare derives from both groups’ understanding that power flows to those whose narratives retain legitimacy and validity. These battles are so worrisome because they are existential, not simply political.

This will not end well, I fear. Goodwill and moderation exist on neither side. It may be that a civil war looms on the horizon. All that’s required now is a spark because every cultural accelerant is now in place. That spark could come from the Mueller investigation, which is viewed by Trump and his supporters as a brazen attempt at a coup d’ιtat by a thoroughly corrupt intelligence community and legal establishment. Impeachment over payments to paramours, for example, will be viewed as a phony pretext for the lawless removal of a duly elected president.

Given the intemperance of Trump and the viciousness of his opponents, compromise seems unlikely. Most of the American media will blame any conflagration on Trump, and certainly he will deserve some of the fault. But American elites are the revolutionary children of the ’60s and ’70s, proud despoilers of their country’s history and tradition. Now comes the counter-revolution, led by a gargoyle promising to defend the old cathedral. When postmodern radicals lecture him about the need to temper his attacks, a Trump supporter might retort the same way that a rebellious royalist did to the new Jacobin government in 1793: “You accuse us of overturning our patrie by rebellion, but it is you, who, subverting all principles of the religious and political order, were the first to proclaim that insurrection is the most sacred of duties.”

MMC
09-15-2018, 11:23 AM
An interesting commentary relevant to the OP: The Civil War on America’s Horizon (https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-civil-war-on-americas-horizon/)

Yep, more and more are starting to see it.

America's Second Civil War - The Dennis Prager Show (http://www.dennisprager.com/americas-second-civil-war/)www.dennisprager.com/americas-second-civil-war
For that reason, just as the Great War came to be known as World War I once there was World War II, the Civil War will become known as the First Civil War when more Americans come to regard the current battle as the Second Civil War.