PDA

View Full Version : The Good Old Days Of America's Healthcare System, Bring It back.

Robo
09-14-2018, 10:49 AM
America’s healthcare during my boyhood and early adulthood, (late 30's, 40's and early 50's) was never a political issue. It’s documented that Harry Truman once tried to introduce a federal government healthcare plan and I think he was laughed out of the Oval Office. I don’t remember healthcare being an issue until the feds got involved with Medicare in like the 60's sometime I think. From my experience America’s healthcare has been going downhill ever since. Seems the more the feds mess with it the more costly and more people , not fewer people can’t get healthcare except by emergency room care.

I remember when doctors and hospitals had low cost and no cost clinics the doctors donated time to and the hospitals donated facilities and equipment and private charities donated money and other services to the poor and folks of meager means.

I remember when almost every employer could easily afford health insurance for their employees and plans where whole families could go to the doctor and or the hospitals and pay next to nothing for care. Most plans even offered dental and visual coverage.

I think America should get the feds out of the healthcare and health insurance business and encourage the people and the states to go back to the good old days in American healthcare.