PDA

View Full Version : The illusion of Democracy

Just AnotherPerson
09-22-2018, 07:40 PM
The illusion of Democracy

How is it that the citizens of this nation can be fed such a lie as Democracy? We are taught about our Democracy even as a small child. We are made to stand before the flag each morning in school and pledge our allegiance to the flag. We are taught what it means to be a patriot from our first days in school. We are allowed to pretend vote, and taught about the forefathers. We are taught of the price that many have paid for our freedom. We are taught to love our nation and stand up for it. We are taught that we live in the land of the free. We are taught that we live in a just nation, a nation that stands up for the rights of the world.

Our society believes whole heartedly that we live in Democracy because that is what we have been taught since birth.

But what the people don’t know, is that Democracy is not real, it is just an illusion much like a puppet show. Our entire election process is just a show. It is a show given to the people to make them believe that they live in a democracy, and have the right to vote and to choose their representatives. We are given the illusion that we have a say. We are given the illusion that we get to decide how our nation is run. We are given the illusion that our voice should be heard. We are given the illusion that those elected work on behalf of the people, and are doing the will of the people. This is what we are made to believe.

Now why would they go through all of this just to make us believe we live in a democracy? Why would they take such measures, and go through such great lengths? It is because, that is what keeps us from rising up! It is what keeps the people believing the lie, and keeps them filling the coffers of the wealthy with their hard earned money, and using their blood as a commodity when it is convenient for them. It keeps the people as non-resisting slaves. They are made to believe a lie.

What right do they have to take 60% of my wages towards taxes? What right do they have to ask me to take a bullet for my nation, or to take my child and make him murder other innocent civilians in another nation for corporate interests? What right do they have to take the lives of our young men and women, in the names of the corporations? What right do they have to use our patriotism to commit acts of terror in the world? It is the system that they have fed us. We fell for it hook line and sinker, we were indoctrinated. But the truth is that we are not represented. It is taxation without representation.

We are not given a voice, we do not get to choose the elected. Democracy is a sham, a puppet show. You must be expected to lay down your life if asked, you must surrender your property if asked. If you do not pay taxes you will be imprisoned. If you protest you will get put on a list, and could even face jail time. Freedom of speech is suppressed. There are no rights to privacy in your home, or on your own body, or in your own mind. Freedoms have slowly been erased.

The Electoral College is used to make your vote not count. Your vote means nothing. Why even waste all of the time campaigning? They might as well just put the electors in a room for a few hours with a few different nominees and then let them decide who should be president. It would save millions and millions. But they don’t do that because they need the people to believe that they have a say, that they live in a true democracy otherwise the system will crumble and fall.

If you don’t believe I have the right to vote then don’t take my dollars. If you don’t believe I have the right to vote, then don’t ask me to die for my nation. If you have the right to take my money and my life, I have the right to vote!

We work our entire lives giving our all we give our blood sweat and tears, we are this nation. We are the life blood of this nation! It does not matter if we clean toilets, or if we are the president. If we have lived here and worked here, we were patriots and have given our lives to our nation. We are Americans. We have ideals, and honor. We have been taught this since birth.

We need to fix this system. We need to bring back the true voice of the people, we need to get rid of the Electoral College and make every voice count. If we can give our lives for this nation, you can give us a voice. This is our nation. This is not the corporation’s nation, to just use us like chess pieces, or like commodities. No we are living breathing human beings. Lives should never ever be used as a commodity.

We need to find a way to fix the rigged voting system and make every voice count!

We are not living in a republic or a democracy, it is a corporatocracy. Our politicians are bought and paid for by the highest bidder. They do not work on behalf of the people, but on behalf of the corporations. The corporations run the show. They control voting, they control and are owned by the media. The corporations have been allowed to take over our nation completely. It is like a secret Coup and the people don’t even know it happened, and we are no longer even represented, but the illusion still exists. I wonder for how long? We have undergone a full blown government take over, and we are too blind to see it.

We need to take it back, we need to find a way to make our voices count again. It is time to do what is right. If we simply find a way to make our voice count we can fix it in one election. We must end corruption, and get the corporations out of politics. We must stop the funneling of money by the corporations who buy our representatives. We must only hire representatives who wish to honor the true will of the citizens of the United States of America!

If we give our all our voice must count! This is our nation.

Here is an older video that clearly shows the illusion of democracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZLWPleeCHE&t=4s&list=WL&index=4

Chris
09-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Read Hans-Hermann Hoppe's Democracy: The God That Failed to see why democracy is an illusion.

As brief an explanation as I can find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa85VCiL_sM

Mini Me
09-22-2018, 10:59 PM
Read: Chris Hedges; truthdig.com

RadioGod
09-22-2018, 11:28 PM
Here's a video from the 2017 defcon conference, it may be a bit boring, but it has good information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImgaEqOQlSQ

Captdon
09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
JAP,are you aware we are not a democracy? We are a republic. There's a difference and you should know it.

How can you say anything about our elected officials when you say you don't vote? You don't want to take part in the process, only attack it. I vote and have a reason to be unhappy. You don't.

Perhaps you are a slave but I certainly am not and never have been. I have gotten as far as my education, knowledge and work would get me. No one has ever tried to keep me down. I don't know how they could.

How can they take 60% of your wages. Counting federal, state and local income tax rated you can't be paying 60%. Why say something so easily disproved? Are the facts not enough to make your case?

Peaceful protest will never get you jail time. Never as in never. This is so absurd as to believe you forgot to edit this out.

My freedom of speech isn't being suppressed. Yours isn't either unless you're living in another country or going to a liberal school. They're both you fault if true.

The Electoral College is to prevent a handful of states from controlling the country. I assume you would want that. But, again, why do you care since you don't vote?

Living in a free country does require certain things. Some will have to die for it; some have to pay for it; some have to act for it.

No one who doesn't vote has little argument to make. You have refused to take part in what we have. You're a bystander. You are a complainer who does nothing to change what you don't like.

Now, I hope you will be an adult about this. I hope you will accept I don't agree with you. You are free to respond to what I say. I hope it is a legitimate response and not a crying jag. Your choice to be an adult or a child.

Just AnotherPerson
09-23-2018, 02:57 PM
JAP,are you aware we are not a democracy? We are a republic. There's a difference and you should know it.

See this thread
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/97998-Democracy-is-not-dead-It-never-lived!
I do know what we live in, it is a corporatocracy! If you are paid to say that you are ok with a corporate take over of our government ,that is on you. You have to live with having fed those lies to people. No citizen in their right mind, who is a real tax paying citizen ,would ever ever say it is ok to give our nation over to the corporations, or to terrorist enemies, in the name of prosperity. No citizen of this nation would say yes take away my rights. No citizen anywhere says take away my rights. Only a corporation would ever say that, or a person paid by a corporation, to try and spread that idea through the public to make corporate take over go more smoothly. You will have to live with that.

How can you say anything about our elected officials when you say you don't vote? You don't want to take part in the process, only attack it. I vote and have a reason to be unhappy. You don't.

I never said I don't vote I said I didn't vote in that election. But I did vote. While you were busy voting for the rapist terrorist genocidal maniac in chief. I was writing letters to Tulsi Gabbard begging her to run in the next presidential election. I was casting my vote. I would never vote for a monster. I have the citizens best interests in mind. Not the interests of the corporations.

How can they take 60% of your wages. Counting federal, state and local income tax rated you can't be paying 60%. Why say something so easily disproved? Are the facts not enough to make your case?

Look we are not just talking about income taxes here. First Taxes on your dollar earned will be taken out of your paycheck state and federal. Then that same dollar will be taxed for every penny that you spend anywhere in the form of sales tax! Then that same dollar will be taxed on your utility bills, and your property taxes. Then you will have to pay taxes for your tabs, and vehicle licensing. For use of public lands. You are supposed to own them, but you have to pay for them. There are probably more but my mind is drawing a blank but use your intelligence and you will see over half of every penny you make is being funneled out of your pocket. You are providing corporate welfare. You might be content with taxation without representation, but most of us aren't.

the math is simple really.

Peaceful protest will never get you jail time. Never as in never. This is so absurd as to believe you forgot to edit this out.

It happens all the time https://newsone.com/3826919/botham-jean-protesters-dallas/

The Electoral College is to prevent a handful of states from controlling the country. I assume you would want that. But, again, why do you care since you don't vote?

It is to prevent the peoples vote from counting. Every single vote should count. It does not matter if there are more people in one state or another they are all americans who are taxed and are all expected to lay down their lives for this nation. Every single vote should count.

No normal citizen unless paid to float the idea would EVER say my vote shouldn't count. Only a corporation or elitist would ever say such a thing.

No one who doesn't vote has little argument to make. You have refused to take part in what we have. You're a bystander. You are a complainer who does nothing to change what you don't like.

Only a paid or an elitist would tell another citizen their voice does not count. I voted differently than you I did do my part in trying to get a real president in office. Keep in mind when you tell a person that their voice does not count that, my tax dollars pay for your life, and yours pay for mine. We are brothers and sisters in humanity. We are not on separate sides like you think we are.

Now, I hope you will be an adult about this. I hope you will accept I don't agree with you. You are free to respond to what I say. I hope it is a legitimate response and not a crying jag. Your choice to be an adult or a child.

Now if only you could learn proper communication without insults. I see here that you did try your best to make a real statement, but you just couldn't help it you had to throw in the dig at the end. Same ol same ol.

Captdon
09-23-2018, 06:07 PM
No, you are wrong. this is the same crap I've been hearing since the 60's. Yet, here I am. I'm a free man who worked hard and am now retired and living well. I guess I slipped through the cracks. My entire family and all the friends my age did too. Amazing.

This childish "You're being paid" is too absurd.

Who's stopping you from speaking freely. Look where you're at and what your saying. Seems free to me.

If you decide to earn a living no one is going to prevent that. Never heard of that. I have heard people say you are supposed to work and not steal other people's money but I don't think you mean that.

Whatever taxes I paid seem to have had no ill effect. I repeat, I don't work and I live as well as ever and I don't spend money I didn't earn.

No, you want something that has never existed. Nirvana isn't real. What I have and what I've seen is real. Being anti-American might seem cool but it delays you starting to be successful unless you come from money.

zachroidott
09-24-2018, 01:37 AM
No, you are wrong. this is the same crap I've been hearing since the 60's. Yet, here I am. I'm a free man who worked hard and am now retired and living well. I guess I slipped through the cracks. My entire family and all the friends my age did too. Amazing.

Who's stopping you from speaking freely. Look where you're at and what your saying. Seems free to me.

If you decide to earn a living no one is going to prevent that. Never heard of that. I have heard people say you are supposed to work and not steal other people's money but I don't think you mean that.

Whatever taxes I paid seem to have had no ill effect. I repeat, I don't work and I live as well as ever and I don't spend money I didn't earn.

No, you want something that has never existed. Nirvana isn't real. What I have and what I've seen is real. Being anti-American might seem cool but it delays you starting to be successful unless you come from money.

That's awesome! Great job!

RadioGod
09-24-2018, 09:23 AM

Now, Thread Officer Captdon, you know that elections are rigged every which way to Sunday. For a refresher, let me highlight some for you.
1. The electoral college, as JAP mentioned. Some electors have to properly express the voter's intent in their state, but others can vote against the majority intent of voters. This makes millions of votes not count, and that is a big deal, elections are won or lost by way smaller margins than that.
2. Jerry-mandering. This is done by both major parties, where they take a majority block of voters, and divide them up mixed in with other voters into voting blocks, with the end result being the opposing party always seems outnumbered in each voting block, even if they had more votes in total.
3. Voting access denial. This ties in with Jerry-mandering, in that certain areas that usually vote for one party are denied ballot access. This can be done by only setting up one voting machine for thousands of people to use in one day, it can be done by causing a disturbance at a voting location to have it shut down, or it can be as simple as having 20 white guys with guns patrolling around the parking lot. This tends to keep poorer people from voting to try and change their situation in a lawful way.
4. Vote-rigging. This one is executed by people inside the elections offices. Some officials favor a party, and they manually just change the vote records and throw away the original voting tapes. (See the documentary JAP linked) This is pretty much the same as old ballot stuffing.
5. Hacking. This can be done at the machines in some cases, or even with a phone nearby the booths, and even worse, from a computer anywhere in the world. There are so many holes it's like not being protected at all. Then there is evidence that shows the companies that sell the machines might sell elections results themselves. Any simple hacking can change all of our votes, and nobody even knows for sure if this hasn't been happening for years already. There is no way to tell.

It's because of this crooked system that I find it amazing that anybody votes at all. By voting, people are playing along with a rigged system. But if it makes you feel better to vote, that is your right. You just shouldn't tell people who don't vote that they have no right to speak about politics. In fact, if you see something so wrong with even our basic voting process, and still vote anyways, maybe it's your patriotism that should be called into question.

Captdon
09-24-2018, 10:58 AM
It's gerrymandering.

Everything else you say is just as wrong. Take a look around you with your eyes open. What country are you looking at? it isn't the one I live in. This stuff is college writing nonsense that you are supposed to outgrow.

I know where I came from and where I am. I started with no advantages and a lot of liabilities. I ended up comfortably retired. That's the country I live in. Move here. You'll like it. Bring your little friend with you.

Captdon
09-24-2018, 11:00 AM
It's gerrymandering.

Everything else you say is just as wrong. Take a look around you with your eyes open. What country are you looking at? it isn't the one I live in. This stuff is college writing nonsense that you are supposed to outgrow.

I know where I came from and where I am. I started with no advantages and a lot of liabilities. I ended up comfortably retired. That's the country I live in. Move here. You'll like it. Bring your little friend with you.

No one has ever had any reason to question my patriotism. That should tell you something.

RadioGod
09-28-2018, 12:38 PM
11-year-old flaw in vote scanner still unfixed: Researchers
https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/researchers-11-year-flaw-vote-scanner-unfixed-58134685?cid=clicksource_4380645_7_heads_posts_hea dlines_hed

Captain Obvious
09-28-2018, 02:45 PM
Some things aren't ever going to change.

People are easily manipulated, it's why we are "patriots", we (collectively.... ahem) buy into the jingo propaganda, we bow to rich white guys and BUY BUY BUY, we are the little Eichmann's that keep this charade going for the minority in control.

We fight and die for their wars and lifestyles, we blindly support their tyranny and we are institutionalized to believe that the cause is just.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzd9KyIDrM

The Xl
09-28-2018, 02:53 PM
Some things aren't ever going to change.

People are easily manipulated, it's why we are "patriots", we (collectively.... ahem) buy into the jingo propaganda, we bow to rich white guys and BUY BUY BUY, we are the little Eichmann's that keep this charade going for the minority in control.

We fight and die for their wars and lifestyles, we blindly support their tyranny and we are institutionalized to believe that the cause is just.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzd9KyIDrM

I missed your blunt, red pilled, usually accurate description of things. Welcome back.