PDA

View Full Version : AG Sessions: Chicago Murder Rate Spiked Due to Obama’s Consent Decree

Common
09-23-2018, 04:01 AM
Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Wednesday blamed the spike in murders in Chicago on the Obama administration’s consent decree, which called for police reforms in response to police harassment and brutality claims.

Speaking at the Valor Survive and Thrive Conference in Waukegan, Ill., the attorney general said there was a “historic” drop in violent crime nationwide from 1991 to 2014, but that trend reversed itself in the last two years of the Obama administration thanks to a consent decree by the Obama DOJ.

“From 1991 to 2014, we saw an historic nationwide decline in violent crime. Murder dropped by half. Violent crime overall dropped by half. Rape decreased by more than a third, and robbery plummeted by nearly two-thirds.This was an incalculable benefit to America, but nationally in the last two years of the previous administration, the trends ominously reversed,” Sessions said.

“From 2014 to 2016, the violent crime rate went up by nearly seven percent. Assaults and rape went up nearly 10 percent. Murder shot up by more than 20 percent. Sadly, this was a nationwide phenomenon, but Chicago is, without a doubt, the most dramatic example,” he said.

In 2014, the police here came under intense criticism. A year later, the ACLU issued a report on ‘Stop and Frisk in Chicago’ and threatened the City of Chicago with a lawsuit—and the politicians went into a retreat. In the aftermath, the city’s leadership rushed into an irresponsible consent decree with the radical activists and the ACLU,” Sessions said.

After the consent decree became effective on January 1, 2016, policing went down; crime went up—and as a result, hundreds of Chicagoans are now dead—almost all of them African-American or Latino. Chicago saw the biggest single-year increase in the murder rate since we’ve had reliable statistics—which is over 60 years.

765 people were killed in Chicago, the most the city had seen in 20 years. Over the previous decade before the consent decree, the average was 454. That means that 311 Chicagoans—friends, neighbors, moms, dads—were killed in 2016 who might still be alive if the murder rate had stayed at the 10-year average,” the attorney general said.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/sessions-chicago-murder-rate-spiked-due-obamas-consent-decree-police

HawkTheSlayer
09-23-2018, 05:56 AM
Sowing the seeds of racial discourse.

Lummy
09-23-2018, 08:43 AM
So Obama's lame-brain, half cooked, feel-good, idiotic progressive liberal policy directly resulted in the genocide of 311 Chicagoans? Good job. They probably thought "consent decree" meant that authorities had to get their permission to stop killing people, and when they didn't ask politely, it pissed off the Glockspitzens.

Obama should move to Zimbabwe and rule it.

Mini Me
09-23-2018, 10:26 AM
This is just more "blame Obama" nonsense from the Reich wing. Par for the course.

"When people are stupid, they will believe anything!"

Cannons Front
09-24-2018, 06:02 AM
This is just more "blame Obama" nonsense from the Reich wing. Par for the course.
"When people are stupid, they will believe anything!"
Actually Obama is the mastermind on the Blame the Previous POTUS plan he did that for over 4 years, heck probably still does. But for this particular case I do not think he is the most accountable. Consent Degrees have been around longer than just the last 10 years, I have never agreed with them, I do not know of any that have actually led to better policing. The local officials in Chicago carry the most of this burden, along with the Police Leadership, DOJ and Holder hold their fair share but the Gov't of Chicago is mostly Responsible.

Lummy
09-24-2018, 08:49 PM
There are two people I don't listen to:
Hillary
Obama
Michelle
Biden
Gore
Reid
Feinstein
Boxer
Osacro-something