PDA

View Full Version : Wwrs?

Uncle Slam
01-13-2013, 08:04 PM
What Would Ronnie Say?

zelmo1234
01-13-2013, 08:40 PM
And he was right! When 2 people or groups of good will meet there is no reason for guns to be used to solve an issue.

However criminals and people seeking to do harm rarely have your good will involved in their intnetions.

And of course Ronnie presided over a much more violent america!

http://theacru.org/acru/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/

So if you are looking for decreased violence and more safty then we must continue on the path we are on.

Maybe Chris will post his chart showing that as gun ownership and concel carry increased, violent crime decreased.

So if we want to feel good abut ding something that will solve nothing, and maybe even be counter productive as the harvard study indicates, then by all means lets get the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

hanger4
01-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Ronny ,as Governor of California, said that in 1967, supporting gun control legislation aimed largely at preventing the Black Panthers from carrying loaded weapons in public.

But he changed his mind;

Reagan’s stance was that violent crime would never be eliminated, with or without gun control. Instead, he said, efforts to curb crime should target those who misuse guns, similarly to the way laws target those who use an automobile feloniously or recklessly. Saying the Second Amendment “leaves little, if any, leeway for the gun control advocate,” he added that “the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive.”

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/Gun-Rights-Ronald-Reagan.htm

zelmo1234
01-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks Hanger for setting the facts straight!

Seems that our good Uncle might have been trying to decieve, maybe he will explain his reasons?

hanger4
01-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks Hanger for setting the facts straight!

Seems that our good Uncle might have been trying to decieve, maybe he will explain his reasons?

I don't really think Uncle was trying to decieve.

I believe he was take in by FaceBook chatter, this quote has been all over it in the last few days.

All Uncle did was not to do his own research on things posted on the internet.

Carygrant
01-14-2013, 04:44 AM
Whatever the colour of the panthers , that is superfluous to the words .
As an overall aim , it is exemplary .
For starters -- any private citizen carrying a gun or otherwise designated lethal weapon in a public place , to receive a ten year sentence regardless of circumstances .
A public commitment for the Police , Military , FBI and CIA to smash every gang in the country in two years -- just cancel all NGO expenditure to pay for it .
A public campaign to change attitudes toward people who kill animals for pleasure and/or target practise .Paint them as bullies and killers , nearly on a par with child molesters .

Uncle Slam
01-14-2013, 07:20 AM
I don't really think Uncle was trying to decieve.

I believe he was take in by FaceBook chatter, this quote has been all over it in the last few days.

All Uncle did was not to do his own research on things posted on the internet.

All Uncle did was exactly as you said - take some facebook chatter and post it here for your approval in case you hadn't seen it. I could care less really about the gun debate as judged by my minimal posts on the topic. Just another partisan wedge issue I no longer fall for.

But by all means, dissect the shit out of a pointless joke.

patrickt
01-14-2013, 07:24 AM
Pointless. Right.

zelmo1234
01-14-2013, 07:30 AM
For starters -- any private citizen carrying a gun or otherwise designated lethal weapon in a public place , to receive a ten year sentence regardless of circumstances .
A public commitment for the Police , Military , FBI and CIA to smash every gang in the country in two years -- just cancel all NGO expenditure to pay for it .
A public campaign to change attitudes toward people who kill animals for pleasure and/or target practise .Paint them as bullies and killers , nearly on a par with child molesters .

I think that you should do this in your country first don't you! then we can see how it works, you have mor violence that we do and when you add sucide into your your violent death rates you hae a higher murder rate too.

So when you do this, it will in fact be the test for th world to see? but you country does not do this, and you live in a hell hole when it comes to violent crime don't you! YES, YES you do!

Chris
01-14-2013, 07:34 AM
All Uncle did was exactly as you said - take some facebook chatter and post it here for your approval in case you hadn't seen it. I could care less really about the gun debate as judged by my minimal posts on the topic. Just another partisan wedge issue I no longer fall for.

Actually, slam, what you did was engage in ad hom, attacking the messenger with inflammatory remarks (the image), rather than opening discussion of the message. Is that what you call a joke now?

Uncle Slam
01-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Actually, slam, what you did was engage in ad hom, attacking the messenger with inflammatory remarks (the image), rather than opening discussion of the message. Is that what you call a joke now?

Oh yea, ad hom. Why so life and death? Does congress monitor this forum before they vote?

Carygrant
01-14-2013, 07:51 AM
I think that you should do this in your country first don't you! then we can see how it works, you have mor violence that we do and when you add sucide into your your violent death rates you hae a higher murder rate too.

So when you do this, it will in fact be the test for th world to see? but you country does not do this, and you live in a hell hole when it comes to violent crime don't you! YES, YES you do!

Essentially this is what we have done for a considerable time which is why we are role models for multi-culturism and have so very few gun murders ( 35) compared to your 11000 plus a year .
You can produce as many badly researched stats as you like , but it will never change the fact that America is gun and violence crazed , something which every visiting American comments on once they feel the different atmosphere and culture that we have. Takes no more than a day or two to feel the vibes and see the happier faces and smiles .

Uncle Slam
01-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Essentially this is what we have done for a considerable time which is why we are role models for multi-culturism and have so very few gun murders ( 35) compared to your 11000 plus a year .
You can produce as many badly researched stats as you like , but it will never change the fact that America is gun and violence crazed , something which every visiting American comments on once they feel the different atmosphere and culture that we have. Takes no more than a day or two to feel the vibes and see the happier faces and smiles .

Ah, where's your sense of adventure? We love a good shootout in the streets! Survival of the fittest, you know. Chicks love a big-balled gun slinger............

hanger4
01-14-2013, 08:00 AM

You forgot to type HA HA.

hanger4
01-14-2013, 08:06 AM

Right Cary, lets turn the whole country into a gun free zone.

Hows that workin' out for ya in Britannia ??

How'd that work out for them at Sandy Hook, Columbine, Aurora Co. ??

Uncle Slam
01-14-2013, 08:07 AM
You forgot to type HA HA.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zelmo1234
01-14-2013, 08:07 AM

First of all I have to visit you God forsaken country several times a year, and we try not to look at your smiles as they are scary! Your cities are filthy, and while your gun murders are low murdersin your country are not and you are twice as likel to be a victom of violent crime, as I have posted, Now if your government is posting false high violent vrime statistics to keep people out, that is wone thing.

You ahve a very strong hunting culture in you country though it has been preserved for the elite since the times of the all powerful Monarchies so most commoners do not get to experience it

and once again your highest eelected official has pronounced multi culturalism a failure?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12371994

So you live in fantasy land, or you drink to much. You want to know what people really talk about when returning from your country, "Filth" and "drunks" that is what we notice.

Uncle Slam
01-14-2013, 08:11 AM
First of all I have to visit you God forsaken country several times a year, and we try not to look at your smiles as they are scary! Your cities are filthy, and while your gun murders are low murdersin your country are not and you are twice as likel to be a victom of violent crime, as I have posted, Now if your government is posting false high violent vrime statistics to keep people out, that is wone thing.

You ahve a very strong hunting culture in you country though it has been preserved for the elite since the times of the all powerful Monarchies so most commoners do not get to experience it

and once again your highest eelected official has pronounced multi culturalism a failure?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12371994

So you live in fantasy land, or you drink to much. You want to know what people really talk about when returning from your country, "Filth" and "drunks" that is what we notice.

Our cities are cesspools, I'll give you that. And you're right about drinking - a lot of Americans turn any event into an excuse to drink our headache water. As for hunting - it's a tradition handed down from our pioneer forefathers. I see nothing wrong with that.

hanger4
01-14-2013, 08:12 AM

You are so free to post all the well researched stats as you like.

Personally I'd like to see them.

BTW, I won't hold my breath, nor even look forward to your post.

I hate being disappointed.

Chris
01-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Oh yea, ad hom. Why so life and death? Does congress monitor this forum before they vote?

Huh?

Chris
01-14-2013, 08:19 AM
You are so free to post all the well researched stats as you like.

Personally I'd like to see them.

BTW, I won't hold my breath, nor even look forward to your post.

I hate being disappointed.

Let's help single-fact cary out here.

The US:

http://i.snag.gy/qVeoK.jpg

The UK:

http://i.snag.gy/AZoSR.jpg

hanger4
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Let's help single-fact cary out here.

The US:

http://i.snag.gy/qVeoK.jpg

The UK:

http://i.snag.gy/AZoSR.jpg

Cary !!

Chris posted some facts ??

Can you refute ??

Or will you just ignore and continue to mindlessly bloviate ??

Carygrant
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
I started giggling when I saw the first cartoon stopped at 1992 .
Chris did not post facts --- it is not in his nature . He posted cartoons picked for a predetermined conclusion and over- simplified to the point of ridicule .
If you guys can believe shit like that , there is very little point having serious discussion .
You go on shooting each other . We will carry on in our generous and positive multi cultural setting .

Team GB may be cool but Team America is ablaze .

zelmo1234
01-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Chris did not post facts --- it is not in his nature . He posted cartoons picked for a predetermined conclusion and over- simplified to the point of ridicule .
If you guys can believe shit like that , there is very little point having serious discussion .
You go on shooting each other . We will carry on in our generous and positive multi cultural setting .

At least you could support you Generous? you average income is below ours and cost of living higher?

Positive? 3500 people killed themselves lat year and your violent crime rate is higher than ours.?

Multi-cultural? Your current Primeminister has come out openly and called this policy a failure?

These positions are not supported by the facts that we can find, but we do not live in your country so we are a bit in the dark.

So if you could trouble your self to post some facts on just how Genrous, multicultural and positive your community is? It would sure help out us hillbillies!

Carygrant
01-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Strange Post Elmo , above . Regardless :-
You and Chris are not very good with stats .
In thirty seconds I found out the WHO statistics for suicides by Nation .
Unsurprisingly Team UK was almost 30 places lower ( fewer per capita) than the US .
I am afraid your "Facts" are actually " Fuck Ups" .
You and Chis are Giggle Machines .

Chris
01-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Strange Post Elmo , above . Regardless :-
You and Chris are not very good with stats .
In thirty seconds I found out the WHO statistics for suicides by Nation .
Unsurprisingly Team UK was almost 30 places lower ( fewer per capita) than the US .
I am afraid your "Facts" are actually " Fuck Ups" .
You and Chis are Giggle Machines .

Why are yiu making up insults all the time?

hanger4
01-14-2013, 02:52 PM

And you still have posted nothing that refutes said "cartoon",

just more meaningless words.

Just because you say so don't work Cary.

Carygrant
01-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Why are yiu making up insults all the time?

Better than making up lies or "facts" which are nothing of the sort .

Carygrant
01-14-2013, 03:04 PM
And you still have posted nothing that refutes said "cartoon",

just more meaningless words.

Just because you say so don't work Cary.

I notice i have had no apology for the absurd claimed position re suicides -- not that I expected decent manners here .
I will repeat that the first cartoon picture had data finishing in 1992 --- now over 20 years out of date .An insult .
And refer you to previous comments re the impossibility of data comparisons because of test criteria that you cannot define and the incompatibility of raw data comparisons for maths and test construction reasons .
I recall Riley taking you through the same critique .
You have a religious position to uphold and whether you are sincere or outright dishonest , you will dig up any data that appears to make your case , however shaky the foundations .
A bit like the dishonest IPCC people who lied amazingly and repeatedly over temperature results despite being examined and found to be liars by every expert on the planet .

Uncle Slam
01-14-2013, 04:17 PM

Chris
01-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Better than making up lies or "facts" which are nothing of the sort .

Then you shouldn't do that.

Chris
01-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Cary !!

Chris posted some facts ??

Can you refute ??

Or will you just ignore and continue to mindlessly bloviate ??

Still waiting, cary.

hanger4
01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
I notice i have had no apology for the absurd claimed position re suicides -- not that I expected decent manners here .
I will repeat that the first cartoon picture had data finishing in 1992 --- now over 20 years out of date .An insult .
And refer you to previous comments re the impossibility of data comparisons because of test criteria that you cannot define and the incompatibility of raw data comparisons for maths and test construction reasons .
I recall Riley taking you through the same critique .
You have a religious position to uphold and whether you are sincere or outright dishonest , you will dig up any data that appears to make your case , however shaky the foundations .
A bit like the dishonest IPCC people who lied amazingly and repeatedly over temperature results despite being examined and found to be liars by every expert on the planet .

Than post an up dated graph Cary and end your incessant bloviating.

Jeebus how fricking simple is that.

Chris
01-14-2013, 05:06 PM
He's all bark, no bite.

Here we go...

http://i.snag.gy/8ga7h.jpg

Banning guns in England has produced no significant result.