PDA

View Full Version : Variety Blames ‘Abysmal Opening’ for Michael Moore’s Film on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News

Common
09-25-2018, 07:49 AM
I agree that everyone is sick and tired of Trump Ranting and its surely the cause of some of the low ratings on this movie.

Having said that I must also say im ecstatic his movie flopped.

On Monday, Variety (https://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/fahrenheit-11-9-michael-moore-trump-1202953615/) tried to explain what it deemed an “abysmal" opening for liberal Activist-Filmmaker Michael Moore’s anti-Trump film, “Fahrenheit 11/9,’ which was released in theaters nationwide on Friday.

Few Americans showed up at the box office this past weekend to watch Moore attacl President Donald Trump, Variety reports:

“Fahrenheit 11/9 (https://variety.com/t/fahrenheit-119/),” Moore’s satirical takedown of President Trump and the current political landscape in America, picked up an abysmal $3.1 million when it opened 1,719 venues.”

“To quote Moore: “How the f— did this happen?”

Variety concludes that the reason Moore’s film bombed at the box office is that the public is already getting more than enough coverage of Trump – free, on cable:

“It’s hard to have an impact when audiences are already tired of the subject. Why are they going to shell out for a political screed on a big screen when they can just channel surf between CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News with much the same payoff?

“That sense of Trump fatigue is cause for concern at the box office.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/variety-blames-abysmal-opening-michael-moores-film-cnn-msnbc-fox-news

Standing Wolf
09-25-2018, 08:11 AM
I'm sure the movie has some good stuff in it, but for the most part Trump is his own clown show. A good comedy doesn't need a lot of commentary. John Oliver on Last Week Tonight is plenty for me.

I've personally disliked Moore since his ambushing and very unfair treatment of Charlton Heston at the end of Bowling for Columbine. Heston was a hell of a nice guy and an early civil rights activist to boot, who put his film career in jeopardy by marching with MLK. He deserved a lot better.

Cannons Front
09-25-2018, 08:41 AM
It happened because people are tired of the garbage that he calls movies, who would pay to see the crap he puts out.......

Common
09-25-2018, 08:58 AM
I think Michael Moore has lost his credibility, its apparent hes not objective he strictly takes the liberal view.

The truest statement of all is that we all get it for free now from Cable Outlets

Common
09-25-2018, 09:00 AM
It happened because people are tired of the garbage that he calls movies, who would pay to see the crap he puts out.......

They are documentaries that take a progressive issue and promote it. He champions liberal ideals while denigrating conservatives.

Like I said we get that all for free on cable outlets now

Tahuyaman
09-25-2018, 01:09 PM
I think most people consider Moore a disgusting fat bodied pig.

stjames1_53
09-25-2018, 01:58 PM
I think Michael Moore has lost his credibility, its apparent hes not objective he strictly takes the liberal view.

The truest statement of all is that we all get it for free now from Cable Outlets
query.....when did Moore ever have credibility?

stjames1_53
09-25-2018, 01:59 PM
I think most people consider Moore a disgusting fat bodied pig.
lol....he's never missed a meal, that's for sure

stjames1_53
09-25-2018, 02:00 PM
They are documentaries that take a progressive issue and promote it. He champions liberal ideals while denigrating conservatives.

Like I said we get that all for free on cable outlets now

all one has to do is tune in CNN for a circus. Why pay good money to hear regurgitated sewer spew?

Tahuyaman
09-25-2018, 02:06 PM
lol....he's never missed a meal, that's for sure

One can be overweight or even obese without appearing to have an allergy to a bar of soap.