PDA

View Full Version : Things That Can’t Last…

Taxcutter
01-14-2013, 01:39 PM
…won’t.

The entitlements are consuming the federal government and the economy as a whole. Can this continue? American precedent says NO!

http://washingtonexaminer.com/michael-barone-history-suggests-that-era-of-entitlements-is-nearly-over/article/2518314#.UPRDA_I5iP5

The system of Big Government/Big Business/Big Unions has corroded out to being Big Government only. The surviving unions are public employee unions. GM became Government Motors – really more of a pension and health care insurance plan administrator than a car company.

The author of the link suggests we are nearing the end of a 76 year cycle.

nic34
01-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Social Security and Medicare are Contributory Programs Not Entitlements

GrassrootsConservative
01-14-2013, 01:48 PM

:laughing4:

roadmaster
01-14-2013, 01:54 PM

You are correct. Many paid into the system all those years they worked and should get what they paid in. But what do you think of the illegals that are turning of age and not paid into the system being qualified for the same?

nic34
01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
illegals that are turning of age and not paid into the system being qualified for the same?

Evidence?

Besides, illegal imm. is a whole n'uther thread...

GrassrootsConservative
01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
You are correct. Many paid into the system all those years they worked and should get what they paid in. But what do you think of the illegals that are turning of age and not paid into the system being qualified for the same?

The whole idea he presses is a total sham. Yes, it starts out as contributions to be paid back to those who pay in, but we all know that if that were all it did, the individual could best go about funding it for themselves to meet their own needs.

The government doing it means it's going to be the least effective method and waste the most amount of money going about it. And they're going to be laughing all the way.

GrassrootsConservative
01-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Evidence?

Of course it is. You don't want to talk about the truth, do you?

nic34
01-14-2013, 02:04 PM
T
he whole idea he presses is a total sham. Yes, it starts out as contributions to be paid back to those who pay in, but we all know that if that were all it did, the individual could best go about funding it for themselves to meet their own needs.

Sure, go for it. How'd your retirement portfolio do in '08, '09?

The government doing it means it's going to be the least effective method and waste the most amount of money going about it. And they're going to be laughing all the way.

Never had a gov't bond default yet. How'd you do when the DOW lost 35% and NASDAQ 43% in 2008? :shocked:

roadmaster
01-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Evidence?

I know a few that came with their grandmothers and they are now getting SS and never paid a dime into it. Don't know how to put evidence here. I don't work for SS nor do I think it's legal to put the evidence here.

nic34
01-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Stagflation of the 1970s was many things, but it was not Greece. Life in the 1970s was still relatively okay, despite the stagflation. That is to say, even in the extremely unlikely event that the government had to print so much money to get out of its debt that it caused moderate inflation, it still would not be a debt crisis of the kind that Greece and Spain are under right now.

It’s especially distorting it on the Right, where hysteria about deficits, and debt, and becoming like Greece has reached a fever pitch. Paul Ryan, especially, has framed his entire message on entitlement-cutting on the flawed premise that the US needs to cut its entitlement or it will suffer a debt crisis. This message, in turn, has infected broad swathes of the conservative movement (including very smart people in it), a movement that I consider myself a member of and want to see in strong intellectual health.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/pascalemmanuelgobry/2012/10/19/no-the-united-states-will-not-go-into-a-debt-crisis-not-now-not-ever/2/

Mainecoons
01-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Hey genius, do you comprenhend the differences between the 70's debt levels and now, when your guy is printing over 40 percent of the budget?

I was there, and it was no cakewalk. Tax rates so high that many would work up to a point and then quit because it wasn't worth it. Prices going up weekly.

As usual, you haven't a clue.

Cigar
01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
4 more years of bitching ... :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Peter1469
01-14-2013, 05:48 PM
4 more years of bitching ... :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Would you agree that current spending levels are sustainable?

zelmo1234
01-14-2013, 06:40 PM
T

Sure, go for it. How'd your retirement portfolio do in '08, '09?

Please tell me you are not investing in government bonds? or at least US govenment bonds. NZ actually looks pretty good as long as the conservatives stay in power down their.
2009 at the bottom of the market, you lost your shirt. However if yo
had au
If you took you money up of the stock market in
Never had a gov't bond default yet. How'd you do when the DOW lost 35% and NASDAQ 43% in 2008? :shocked:

If you took you money out at the market bottom in 2009 you would have lost your shirt, but if you had an
average fund manager he was selling and buying on a weekly basis, making your share count go way up. when the market began to recover in 2010 you had you money back and by now you are way ahead.

SS is a program designed to put the aging population in poverty!

Peter1469
01-14-2013, 06:59 PM
If you took you money out at the market bottom in 2009 you would have lost your shirt, but if you had an
average fund manager he was selling and buying on a weekly basis, making your share count go way up. when the market began to recover in 2010 you had you money back and by now you are way ahead.

SS is a program designed to put the aging population in poverty!

I made my money back and then some.