PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Graham Explodes On Senate Committee Over Kavanaugh Process

Pages : [1] 2

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 05:33 AM
Lindsey Graham Explodes On Senate Committee Over Kavanaugh Process
Amber Athey

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham exploded on the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday for the way they have handled sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
Graham called the entire process an “unethical sham” and slammed Democrats for sitting on the sexual assault allegations for weeks after they first received them.

https://youtu.be/IdlORdLSruY

“What you want to do is destroy this guy’s life, hold this seat open, and hope you win in 2020,” Graham said to Senate Judiciary Democrats. “You’ve said that. Not me. You’ve got nothing to apologize for. When you see Sotomayor and Kagan, tell them that Lindsey said ‘hello’ because I voted for them. I would never do to them what you’ve done to this guy.”

“This is the most unethical sham since I’ve been in politics,” Graham asserted, fuming with anger.
“Boy, you all want power,” Graham continued. “God, I hope you never get it. I hope the American people can see through this sham — that you knew about it and you held it. You had no intention of protecting Dr. Ford. None. She’s as much of a victim as you are.”
Graham concluded by trashing the idea that Kavanaugh was “Bill Cosby in high school” and promised to vote to confirm him to the Supreme Court.
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders praised Graham (https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/27/white-house-praises-lindsey-graham/), saying he “has more decency and courage than every Democrat member of the committee combined. God bless him.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/09/27/lindsey-graham-kavanaugh-senate/

Graham called it like it was........... To Kavanaugh, "You’ve got nothing to apologize for."

midcan5
09-28-2018, 05:57 AM
How about the ball-less republicans couldn't face a woman but turned cheerleaders for a lying spoiled rich boy who can now vote to hurt the working class American. Sad that Americans are so easily played.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/101336-Due-Process-Where?p=2429244&viewfull=1#post2429244

'Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted' by Ian Millhiser

Hoosier8
09-28-2018, 06:00 AM
How about the ball-less republicans couldn't face a woman but turned cheerleaders for a lying spoiled rich boy who can now vote to hurt the working class American. Sad that Americans are so easily played.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/101336-Due-Process-Where?p=2429244&viewfull=1#post2429244

'Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted' by Ian Millhiser

By a spoiled rich jet setter with a fuzzy memory. Did you buy the lie she couldnt fly to DC? Did you get played?

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 06:09 AM

No Republicans, a bunch of old men, were allowed to asked Ford any questions. ...meh......just what age was the Democrats? They were a bunch of old folks.................

midcan5
09-28-2018, 06:24 AM
Add this to my above post: http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-ford-testimony-credibility-memory-20180928-story.html

DGUtley
09-28-2018, 06:28 AM
Lindsey had it right -- including when he said what goes around comes around. The next one will be even more hell.

The R's bent over backwards on accommodating Dr. Ford - to Kavanaugh's detriment. The format favored Dr. Ford. The reactions were predictably along ideological and party lines -- here included.

Safety
09-28-2018, 06:31 AM
Merrick Garland is monitoring this thread.

Hoosier8
09-28-2018, 06:38 AM
Add this to my above post: http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-ford-testimony-credibility-memory-20180928-story.html

Still zero evidence. She was so worried about keeping the secret that she went to the Washington post. You have been played.

Hoosier8
09-28-2018, 06:39 AM

No one tried to personally destroy him. This is part of the Democrats playbook.

Safety
09-28-2018, 06:42 AM
No one tried to personally destroy him. This is part of the Democrats playbook.

Somewhere, someone actually thinks that distinction is somehow different.

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 06:44 AM
Somewhere, someone actually thinks that distinction is is somehow different.

you're stuttering in your bowl of corn chex again

Common
09-28-2018, 06:47 AM
Obvious, total disgusting setup by the democrats, I said this in another thread, theyve done this woman a terrible disservice using her for their political manipulations., whether shes telling the truth or not.

I do not believe it and ive watched it as closely as possible

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 06:50 AM
Obvious, total disgusting setup by the democrats, I said this in another thread, theyve done this woman a terrible disservice using her for their political manipulations., whether shes telling the truth or not.

We've got the whole thing on DVR.............we watched all of it.
The democrats were absolutely disgusting. There needs to be an ethics violation investigation into Feinstein.

Safety
09-28-2018, 07:02 AM
you're stuttering in your bowl of corn chex again

Just wave a white flag next time.

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 07:06 AM
Just wave a white flag next time.

prove your claim or I'll brand you a liar.

Safety
09-28-2018, 07:15 AM

:rofl:

Cannons Front
09-28-2018, 07:31 AM
I will say that after watching the hearing I agree in my opinion Dr Ford was sexually assaulted at some point in her life. However that does not mean that it was done by Kavanaugh. Of course he says he did not do it, listening to him I believe him, which of course leads to the he said she said situation.
There are a few issues I have with both people,
Dr Ford says she went to this party miles from her house after diving practice which explains why she would have a 1 piece swim suit under her clothes.
I do not see any teen age girl going to any high school party straight from diving practice wet hair, wet clothes, I have never met a person male or female on a swim team or diving team that would have left practice putting clothes on over a wet suit, it simply is not done.

Dr Ford provided 4 people by name that were at this party including her best friend.
Each and every one of these named people say they do not recall any event as described. Her best friend not only said that but went further to say that she had never even met Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh I believe drank a lot, while I do not think this makes him guilty I do believe he understated much of his drinking. I am not saying he blacked out I am not saying he could not remember events. I am his age I went to High School the same time frame, in our school drinking was not as big of a deal as he describes but there was drinking. He drank underage by the sound of his statements, so did many of my classmates. In my younger days I had more than one occasion that I drank to much but I do remember the events of those times as well.

When I look at this from the outside, I see things this way. I believe she was a victim, I believe him when he says he didn't do it. Dr Ford offered witnesses to back her claim, that instead have disputed it. She did not even produce anything that could show that she even knew him 36 years ago. Unless we are going to have a shift in the very foundation of our country where you are innocent UNTIL you are PROVEN guilty, he is innocent and this incident should not be held against him.

Our country can not survive if we bow to the idea of because I said so it must be true. Facts have to be the basis that we build this country on.

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 08:01 AM
I will say that after watching the hearing I agree in my opinion Dr Ford was sexually assaulted at some point in her life. However that does not mean that it was done by Kavanaugh. Of course he says he did not do it, listening to him I believe him, which of course leads to the he said she said situation.
Dr Ford says she went to this party miles from her house after diving practice which explains why she would have a 1 piece swim suit under her clothes.
I do not see any teen age girl going to any high school party straight from diving practice wet hair, wet clothes, I have never met a person male or female on a swim team or diving team that would have left practice putting clothes on over a wet suit, it simply is not done.

Dr Ford provided 4 people by name that were at this party including her best friend.
Each and every one of these named people say they do not recall any event as described. Her best friend not only said that but went further to say that she had never even met Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh I believe drank a lot, while I do not think this makes him guilty I do believe he understated much of his drinking. I am not saying he blacked out I am not saying he could not remember events. I am his age I went to High School the same time frame, in our school drinking was not as big of a deal as he describes but there was drinking. He drank underage by the sound of his statements, so did many of my classmates. In my younger days I had more than one occasion that I drank to much but I do remember the events of those times as well.

When I look at this from the outside, I see things this way. I believe she was a victim, I believe him when he says he didn't do it. Dr Ford offered witnesses to back her claim, that instead have disputed it. She did not even produce anything that could show that she even knew him 36 years ago. Unless we are going to have a shift in the very foundation of our country where you are innocent UNTIL you are PROVEN guilty, he is innocent and this incident should not be held against him.

Our country can not survive if we bow to the idea of because I said so it must be true. Facts have to be the basis that we build this country on.

One must wonder how many men are currently staying in prison thanks to a false accusation of rape. We already know that a number of them have been freed thanks to DNA testing.

Adelaide
09-28-2018, 08:18 AM
I was actually impressed he made so much sense. I haven't really heard/seen much of him since the election, but he made some interesting or good points about this (such as Feinstein's role) and his passion actually served him well, as opposed to making him sound a bit crazy (which is what I feel like he sounded like at times during the election).

Captdon
09-28-2018, 10:02 AM
By a spoiled rich jet setter with a fuzzy memory. Did you buy the lie she couldnt fly to DC? Did you get played?

Well, yes.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 10:04 AM
No Republicans, a bunch of old men, were allowed to asked Ford any questions. ...meh......just what age was the Democrats? They were a bunch of old folks.................

It was all about optics. The Dems kissed her ass.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 10:10 AM
Graham shocked the whole state of SC. We don't really like him but we like other Republican even less. My wife and I were watching this and it stunned us. Ole Lindsey is comin' round.

Tahuyaman
09-28-2018, 11:06 AM

I think midcan kind of exposed some of the motivation for attempting the destruction of Kavanaugh. Some of it is based on class envy. He was raised in a fairly privileged environment and he needed to be cut down to size.

As as far as the Republicans being afraid to face the woman, they did face her and they also caved in to the demands of the Democrats to get a woman to question her.

The Democrats only praised Dr Ford during that sham. They were not nor are they now interested in the facts of the matter. The available facts have already been gathered. They only want to concoct “facts” out of thin air. They are a disgrace.

Tahuyaman
09-28-2018, 11:07 AM
He won't.

Tahuyaman
09-28-2018, 11:17 AM
Graham shocked the whole state of SC. We don't really like him but we like other Republican even less. My wife and I were watching this and it stunned us. Ole Lindsey is comin' round.Graham has talked tough in the past.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 12:09 PM
Graham has talked tough in the past.

Only about war. You know I live in SC? When else has he talked tough. I'd like to know so I can tell everyone when. None of us seem to remember.

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Only about war. You know I live in SC? When else has he talked tough. I'd like to know so I can tell everyone when. None of us seem to remember.

He shamed the whole damned lot of them on national TV..................surprised the hell out of me. He almost had my ass standing up and cheering him on.

Hoosier8
09-28-2018, 02:03 PM
It was a surprise to me too.

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 02:10 PM
It was a surprise to me too.

They were a bit more subdued after that ass chewing..............

Cletus
09-28-2018, 02:13 PM

So?

It's not like he sits on the Supreme Court or anything.

Tahuyaman
09-28-2018, 03:12 PM
I remember how he talked tough about Kagen and Soto-Mayor and how they were Poor choices for the Supreme Court. Then he voted for them.

Tahuyaman
09-28-2018, 03:24 PM
He shamed the whole damned lot of them on national TV..................surprised the hell out of me. He almost had my ass standing up and cheering him on.
But he’s a Republican. When push comes to shove, he’ll cave in just like the rest of them.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 05:49 PM
But he’s a Republican. When push comes to shove, he’ll cave in just like the rest of them.

He will certainly vote for Kavanaugh.

Tahuyaman
09-28-2018, 06:01 PM
He will certainly vote for Kavanaugh.I think there’s a good chance he will. I’ll give him 50/50.

Trish
09-28-2018, 06:50 PM
Lindsey Graham's behavior was silly and staged. Mr. Kavanaugh wasn't the only one interviewing for a job last night.

ripmeister
09-28-2018, 08:06 PM

Of course it's not he said she said any longer. It's he said they said including his Yale contemporaries who have painted a very different picture fro the on he painted in the Fox interview.

ripmeister
09-28-2018, 08:13 PM
It was all about optics. The Dems kissed her ass.

It's always about optics hence the R's using their surrogate questioner of Ford. One thing that has struck me optically about K is that he comes across as being a privileged frat boy who is incensed that anyone would question his integrity. That may not be fair but it's the vibe I get. Kinda like the dynamic you'd see in a movie like Pretty in Pink with the rich douchbag kid who thinks he can't be held accountable.

ripmeister
09-28-2018, 08:16 PM
I think there’s a good chance he will. I’ll give him 50/50.

Seriously? 100 %

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Lindsey Graham's behavior was silly and staged. Mr. Kavanaugh wasn't the only one interviewing for a job last night.

really? that's a surprise....did you watch the whole deal or just what msm wanted you to see?
I can attest to that the wife and I dvr'd the whole circus. If you watched what all went on, and can still say that with a straight face............Sound bytes do it no justice.

roadmaster
09-28-2018, 08:30 PM

That is a misconception. Her lawyers knew even under oath she couldn't be held for it if she lied. Why she didn't remember, it was a recovered memory. Recovered memories can be wrong and she wouldn't be liable. That is another reason I refused to watch it.
I watched in town meetings old and young white women lie, shake, cry, run hug each other, talk about how their ancestors were treated knowing on tape it showed it was them doing what they accused others and this was just over some stupid statue. This woman who testified against him is one of them. She is fighting for planned parenthood and all the other left agendas.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 08:40 PM
It's always about optics hence the R's using their surrogate questioner of Ford. One thing that has struck me optically about K is that he comes across as being a privileged frat boy who is incensed that anyone would question his integrity. That may not be fair but it's the vibe I get. Kinda like the dynamic you'd see in a movie like Pretty in Pink with the rich douchbag kid who thinks he can't be held accountable.

You know she comes from money, right? What difference does it make?

ripmeister
09-28-2018, 08:40 PM
I've always liked Graham. I wouldn't agree with him on much, especially his hawkish tendencies but he's always seemed authentic and genuine.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 08:41 PM
I think there’s a good chance he will. I’ll give him 50/50.

You would be better not be betting.

ripmeister
09-28-2018, 08:41 PM
You know she comes from money, right? What difference does it make?

It's not the money. It's the air of unaccountability.

Ill add, it comes across as the " how dare you question me". That was evident in his response to Klobushar (sp?) yesterday. I've always felt you tend to see ones true character emerge under times of stress. His retort to Klobushar about whether she ever blacked out was telling.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 08:42 PM

What job was he interviewing for?

Captdon
09-28-2018, 08:48 PM
Of course it's not he said she said any longer. It's he said they said including his Yale contemporaries who have painted a very different picture fro the on he painted in the Fox interview.

It's she said plus what they said minus what her witnesses said and what he aid.

Let's see add the last column , carry the 2+x= a+b--- how absurd do we want to get?

ripmeister
09-28-2018, 08:50 PM
It's she said plus what they said minus what her witnesses said and what he aid.

Let's see add the last column , carry the 2+x= a+b--- how absurd do we want to get?

Trig?

ripmeister
09-28-2018, 08:52 PM

do you deny that there has not been a series of revelations from multiple sources that paint a very different picture from the one he has painted?

ripmeister
09-28-2018, 08:57 PM
Let me be clear. I have no problem with K being a partier. For myself and my boys the mantra has always been work hard first and then party hard. He's painted a very different picture that doesn't appear to be accurate. That raises questions.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 08:57 PM

Ill add, it comes across as the " how dare you question me". That was evident in his response to Klobushar (sp?) yesterday. I've always felt you tend to see ones true character emerge under times of stress. His retort to Klobushar about whether she ever blacked out was telling.

He was being attacked in the worse way possible. The Dems weren't looking for the truth. They had him guilty from the start and only wanted to try to trip him up. He as smarter than they were.

You had a Senator who lied about being in Vietnam; you had Spartacus; you had a senator withholding evidence. Every Dem on the committee had already said they wouldn't vote for him. The hearing was superfluous because of that. they weren't questioning him. It was an inquisition.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 08:59 PM
Let me be clear. I have no problem with K being a partier. For myself and my boys the mantra has always been work hard first and then party hard. He's painted a very different picture that doesn't appear to be accurate. That raises questions.

What questions?

Captdon
09-28-2018, 09:01 PM
do you deny that there has not been a series of revelations from multiple sources that paint a very different picture from the one he has painted?

There was one. Count them- one/ it was from a former roommate who didn't like him. One is enough?

roadmaster
09-28-2018, 09:08 PM
One thing that is good about the FBI, if they lie to them they can be held accountable. Fords attorney is already trying to get out of this one. It may be over before it starts.

ripmeister
09-28-2018, 09:16 PM
What questions?

His misrepresentation of being a choir boy. Who is the real K??

ripmeister
09-28-2018, 09:18 PM
One thing that is good about the FBI, if they lie to them they can be held accountable. Fords attorney is already trying to get out of this one. It may be over before it starts.

Absolutely. Both sides should be held accountable.

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 09:21 PM

what are you holding to account for? An accusation? Why is it his onus to prove his innocence?

Common Sense
09-28-2018, 09:24 PM
I wonder what Trump supporters think of Trump saying that Ford was a "very credible witness" and a "very fine woman"?

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 09:37 PM

having been vetted by the FBI 6 times, who have dug in to his past, interviewed all of his friends and relatives, held a high office with Bush, appointed by B. Clinton worked along side of Obama and managed to work his way up the ladder to a district court judge, and who can account for his whereabouts for the time in question, there's not much else you need to know, unless you need to know whether the roll of TP goes over or falls behind.
Where are you going to start? She has no idea where she was. She cannot remember how she got there. She knows she didn't drive, because she was only 15 and hanging around frat parties getting smashed on her ass.
Then you need physical evidence of some kind, any kind. She has none.
When did it happen? On a weekend, but she is unsure which one. He has his butt covered with his calendar/journal/diary. He wasn't in town for the weekends in question.
So, where do they start?

Mister D
09-28-2018, 09:37 PM

Is the real you the kid from highschool?

stjames1_53
09-28-2018, 09:42 PM
I wonder what Trump supporters think of Trump saying that Ford was a "very credible witness" and a "very fine woman"?
I have no doubt that something really nasty happened to her and she has my sympathies, but I'm not of the mind to feed an innocent man to the gulag based on an unproven claim. Consider the damage the dems have done to her if all of this lands on her. They won't give a rat's ass about her, now or later.

Trish
09-28-2018, 10:10 PM
really? that's a surprise....did you watch the whole deal or just what msm wanted you to see?
I can attest to that the wife and I dvr'd the whole circus. If you watched what all went on, and can still say that with a straight face............Sound bytes do it no justice.

The article is about Lindsey Graham, correct? Therefore, I commented about Lindsey Graham. Not sure why you're calling me out for commenting on the topic of the article.

I still have to work for a living and was busy participating in an opioids and nicotine scientific seminar yesterday and today so I admit I wasn't glued to the television.

Ethereal
09-28-2018, 10:24 PM
Lindsey Graham, a person who supported every disastrous war in recent memory, is very upset that a man is having his reputation ruined. Let us take a moment to ponder the enormity of his dissonance and hypocrisy.

Ethereal
09-28-2018, 10:29 PM
I've always liked Graham. I wouldn't agree with him on much, especially his hawkish tendencies but he's always seemed authentic and genuine.

I puked a little.

:smiley:

roadmaster
09-29-2018, 01:05 AM
Well lets see, she held up the testimony claiming she was afraid to fly but flew regularly. Republicans gave her time to drive. They didn't drill her about this. She claimed at first on her written statement, 8 at the party, then 4 guys and 3 girls, then a total of four. She said he was drinking before they got there but then couldn't remember if she got there first. She said she ran out of the house but can't remember who drove her home. No cell phones did she knock on someones door, run to a pay phone? The R's decided not to drill this woman and give her a kid glove woman to ask her questions and that is not all the inconsistences she has.

Sergeant Gleed
09-29-2018, 01:51 AM
Yeah, it's amazing that so many stupid shits could vote for Hillary. Who could know that this country was that corrupt?

Why are you not presuming Kavanaugh is innocent?

Something wrong upstairs, hmmmm?

Sergeant Gleed
09-29-2018, 01:53 AM

He should be invited to Kavanaugh's swearing in ceremony.

Sergeant Gleed
09-29-2018, 01:54 AM
We've got the whole thing on DVR.............we watched all of it.
The democrats were absolutely disgusting. There needs to be an ethics violation investigation into Feinstein.

Why bother? She's joining Flake in the unemployment line next January.

Sergeant Gleed
09-29-2018, 02:00 AM

No, it does not.

She MAY have been assaulted at some time in her life. From the way she lied her ass off to the Committee, though, I see no reason to believe this.

She WAS NOT assaulted by Kavanaugh. That cannot be denied.

She has no evidence.

The people she named in her fabrication..ALL of them deny her fantasy.

ALL OF THEM.

So it's a matter of "she's making things up,, THEY"RE saying it didn't happen."

So there's no reason to continue to witch hunt against Kavanaugh. He's earned his place on the Supreme Court, and this lying bitch hasn't changed that.

What we saw was a Soviet/Chines/Cuban style SHOW-TRIAL.

THIS is Socialism, folks.

The Rodents want more of the same and if they steal this seat, we will see more of the same.

Sergeant Gleed
09-29-2018, 02:05 AM
What job was he interviewing for?

Graham was one of the 17 losers in the 2016 Republican presidential primary contest.

Sergeant Gleed
09-29-2018, 02:06 AM

There's been a lot of liars making vile slanders against Kavanaugh.

You mean them, the drunken hate-filled Hillary-Bitches?

Major Lambda
09-29-2018, 02:07 AM
They were a bit more subdued after that ass chewing..............

Or very publically embarrassed. Political opponents play news clips all the time on TV ads come campaign , election time.

If a democratic opponent plays clips from this clown show, the dem could be in trouble.

Major Lambda

Sergeant Gleed
09-29-2018, 02:08 AM

Yeah, like when Hillary lied to the FBI.

The aftermath of that was terrible.

….wasn't it?

Sergeant Gleed
09-29-2018, 02:10 AM

I wonder what Hillary supporters would think if Bill C made those same comments.

There's a couple of different Bill C's floating around...

Sergeant Gleed
09-29-2018, 02:12 AM
I have no doubt that something really nasty happened to her and she has my sympathies, but I'm not of the mind to feed an innocent man to the gulag based on an unproven claim. Consider the damage the dems have done to her if all of this lands on her. They won't give a rat's ass about her, now or later.

She has hundreds of thousands of dollars in her gofundmynonsense accounts, and she'll go back to her sinecure position in college wearing a halo.

I expect her to run for Congress.

Major Lambda
09-29-2018, 02:17 AM

Cynical.

Well, @Trish (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2158) ; you may be onto something. Maybe Lindsay Graham did get lessons from Chavez and Gowdy. But Lindsay Graham was right, he did get the point across, and he did very publically and politically embarrass the democrats.

But you may be onto something, Lindsay like others, has swayed part left before , in actions and statements. I never thought about it till you mentioned it. But when Graham made his comments yesterday, I was in the office , I jumped and horrayed ; like I did when, when, when, Trey Gowdy and Elijah Cummings asked questions ; however Elijah was not as forthright and outgoing as Gowdy was , but Elijah Cummings has a history of asking really tough questions that makes interviewees think.

I'm over at the corner table ; having a Jim Beam Vanilla, in the dim lit corner. Join me, I'll buy.

Major Lambda

Sergeant Gleed
09-29-2018, 02:18 AM
Or very publically embarrassed. Political opponents play news clips all the time on TV ads come campaign , election time.

If a democratic opponent plays clips from this clown show, the dem could be in trouble.

Major Lambda

I can't see the Rodent opposing DiFi on the California ballot doing that.

I WAS going to vote for the old bag, because in California I MUST vote for one of the only two choices, both DISGUSTING RODENTS, or none of my ballot is accepted, and I figured to keep the old bag in office would delay the rise of a younger scumbucket Rodent for that much longer, and I figured if Cox got elected and DiFi was nice enough to DIE during his term, he could put an American in the Senate from California, something that hasn't happened in 40 years or more.

But, DiFi can die at home, unremarked, hopefully on Monday, which would counter Flake's treason, and thus help get Kavanaugh nominated. But even if she died the week after, or the year after, that disgustingly STUPID and corrupt hag has to go. I'll have to vote for the Mexican fascist instead of the Old Bag Lady Fascist.

S.S.

D.D.

Major Lambda
09-29-2018, 02:25 AM

I WAS going to vote for the old bag, because in California I MUST vote for one of the only two choices, both DISGUSTING RODENTS, or none of my ballot is accepted, and I figured to keep the old bag in office would delay the rise of a younger scumbucket Rodent for that much longer, and I figured if Cox got elected and DiFi was nice enough to DIE during his term, he could put an American in the Senate from California, something that hasn't happened in 40 years or more.

But, DiFi can die at home, unremarked, hopefully on Monday, which would counter Flake's treason, and thus help get Kavanaugh nominated. But even if she died the week after, or the year after, that disgustingly STUPID and corrupt hag has to go. I'll have to vote for the Mexican fascist instead of the Old Bag Lady Fascist.

S.S.

D.D.

Dianne Feinstein had to put her two cents in yesterday. Standing in the office yesterday afternoon, I was with one of the operations supervisors ; watching it. We all hoorayed at Lindsay, then seen where Flake had to have a Federal Investigation, and lastly anti everything Feinstein had to open her mouth and reiterate what Flake had stated.

I wish she would drop off the face of the earth. Feinstein is so terrible, the NRA has to put her in almost every monthly magazine I get from them. Free publicity.

M-L

Major Lambda
09-29-2018, 02:38 AM

S.S.

D.D.

The Dems think that the FBI is going to fix everything.

What questions is the FBI going to ask? A lot of the same questions the politicians just asked.

Is the FBI Agents doing interviews, going to care? No. Thirty Five year old case, they are going to show up, interview, ask a dozen questions, then leave.

Does the FBI have a basis for what I will call an inquiry, and not an investigation? Yes, character investigation.

Ok, the Dems get their own political minority investigation approved ageny, will the investigation delay the appointment? Hmmmmmm

M-L

stjames1_53
09-29-2018, 05:38 AM
not everyone is a party wh*re.............I wasn't in high school.

stjames1_53
09-29-2018, 05:42 AM
No one could prove different. He did not claim he was a choir boy............give me the minutes during the democratic war assault where he made such a claim.
He said he liked beer..........I guess that makes him demonic..........BTW, do you like the occasional beer?

Ransom
09-29-2018, 06:26 AM
Is that the "mantra" @ripmeister (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2035). For yourself and your boys?

Cause all it would take...for either yourself or your boys is a zero evidence no corroboration accusation and guess f'n what...….it "appears" as if that mantra isn't accurate.

Correct?

You're to tell us that women are to be believed, long as any woman "appears" credible why then......all the mantra.....and any accuracy about that mantra.....that what it's all about for you and your boys.....no longer matters. Doesn't matter if the majority of the women you and your boys ever know speak to your defense or what good men you really are......what you drink....how hard you party......that would "appear" to make your mantra inaccurate and all three of you have thus misrepresented yourselves. Your mantra destroyed...….by a single or even two uncorroborated and unsubstantiated accusations.

Explain that to your boys too. As much as they do in life...….any woman accusing them of anything is to be believed. That no matter what great husbands, sons, or citizens they 'appear' to be...….a single accusation even 36 years old....is to be believed. That they're mantra is thus dictated by someone else.

Trish
09-29-2018, 07:31 AM

S.S.

D.D.

Truly intelligent comments..........

Trish
09-29-2018, 07:57 AM
Is that the "mantra" @ripmeister (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2035). For yourself and your boys?

Cause all it would take...for either yourself or your boys is a zero evidence no corroboration accusation and guess f'n what...….it "appears" as if that mantra isn't accurate.

Correct?

You're to tell us that women are to be believed, long as any woman "appears" credible why then......all the mantra.....and any accuracy about that mantra.....that what it's all about for you and your boys.....no longer matters. Doesn't matter if the majority of the women you and your boys ever know speak to your defense or what good men you really are......what you drink....how hard you party......that would "appear" to make your mantra inaccurate and all three of you have thus misrepresented yourselves. Your mantra destroyed...….by a single or even two uncorroborated and unsubstantiated accusations.

Explain that to your boys too. As much as they do in life...….any woman accusing them of anything is to be believed. That no matter what great husbands, sons, or citizens they 'appear' to be...….a single accusation even 36 years old....is to be believed. That they're mantra is thus dictated by someone else.

I'm completely amazed at the drop of IQ's on this forum and of white man entitlement.

Your statement can be turned around and posed to you. So, your position is that any man denying claims should automatically be believed and trusted because he has a clean haircut, he wears a nice expensive suit, and has a family.

The gullibility is palpable.

An investigation is done to collect information used to determine whether claims are true or false.

Let me repeat that: An investigation is done to collect information used to determine whether claims are true or false.

MMC
09-29-2018, 08:07 AM

Oh is he.

Well then.

This one is for you Merrick. http://www.usmessageboard.com/styles/smilies/up_yours.gif

stjames1_53
09-29-2018, 08:09 AM
I'm completely amazed at the drop of IQ's on this forum and of white man entitlement.

Your statement can be turned around and posed to you. So, your position is that any man denying claims should automatically be believed and trusted because he has a clean haircut, he wears a nice expensive suit, and has a family.

An investigation is done to collect information used to determine whether claims are true or false.

Let me repeat that: An investigation is done to collect information used to determine whether claims are true or false.

I watched the monkey show all day, recorded it even. What they did on that floor was a disgrace to everyone, including you.
The same can be said about women who make false claims but are believed because they look nice, smell good, and can wiggle those hips just right.
Oh, give it a break, already. What can be said about one side can most definitely be said about the other.
You're claiming she should be believed, Kavanaugh and his family should be destroyed, over an accusation, from a woman who participated in frat parties when she was 15.
She doesn't remember where or when. How do you equate that with your demand that Kavanaugh is guilty. Why does he need an investigation to prove his innocence? That is NOT how the American justice system works. The claimant is responsible for delivering the PROOF that it was Kavanaugh.
You cannot accept how rotten this deal is, the way he is being treated, the manner in which the Kavanaugh family is now ruined, over an accusation.
Keep up the good work. He's guilty because he's a male.
I'd be terrified to go on a date with a person of your caliber...............Christ, I'd end up in jail for nothing.

MMC
09-29-2018, 08:09 AM
Somewhere, someone actually thinks that distinction is somehow different.

Somewhere in Lala Leftist land someone actually doesn't know there actually is a difference. Yet even after being told.....still can't figure out that reality.

MMC
09-29-2018, 08:14 AM

Former NBA Player Says He “NEVER, EVER” Saw Brett Kavanaugh “Blacked Out” at Yale Parties (https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/former-nba-player-says-he-never-ever-saw-brett-kavanaugh-blacked-out-at-yale-parties/)

The leftness did try to play on his drinking, huh?

Mark III
09-29-2018, 08:16 AM

I have to agree with you Trish.

Christine Ford knew Brett Kavanaugh prior to the day of the incident. She knew him and she knew what he looked like. She 100% identified him as her attacker.

Unless you believe Christine Ford was lying in 2012 when she told her therapist that Brett Kavanaugh was the one who sexually assaulted her, it is highly likely that he was the one who did it.

People on the right are not thinking clearly about this.

MMC
09-29-2018, 08:25 AM
He was being attacked in the worse way possible. The Dems weren't looking for the truth. They had him guilty from the start and only wanted to try to trip him up. He as smarter than they were.

You had a Senator who lied about being in Vietnam; you had Spartacus; you had a senator withholding evidence. Every Dem on the committee had already said they wouldn't vote for him. The hearing was superfluous because of that. they weren't questioning him. It was an inquisition.
Blumenthal lied about Mark Judges letter saying it only had 6 lines on. Then when they showed his letter.....it had 2 paragraphs. That was the first letter he sent. Then he sent a second to Grassley. Now a 3rd and he will tell the FBI Ford doesn't have a clue as to what she is talking about.

Lindsey should have pulled that out and jacked Blumenthal. Whoa why would lie Blumenthal Right here before the cameras. Why would you keep telling that lie. You shouldn't lie like that.

Trish
09-29-2018, 08:27 AM
I watched the monkey show all day, recorded it even. What they did on that floor was a disgrace to everyone, including you.
The same can be said about women who make false claims but are believed because they look nice, smell good, and can wiggle those hips just right.
Oh, give it a break, already. What can be said about one side can most definitely be said about the other.
You're claiming she should be believed, Kavanaugh and his family should be destroyed, over an accusation, from a woman who participated in frat parties when she was 15.
She doesn't remember where or when. How do you equate that with your demand that Kavanaugh is guilty. Why does he need an investigation to prove his innocence? That is NOT how the American justice system works. The claimant is responsible for delivering the PROOF that it was Kavanaugh.
You cannot accept how rotten this deal is, the way he is being treated, the manner in which the Kavanaugh family is now ruined, over an accusation.
Keep up the good work. He's guilty because he's a male.
I'd be terrified to go on a date with a person of your caliber...............Christ, I'd end up in jail for nothing.

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm stating very simply that there should be an investigation to collect FACTS rather than accepting partisan speculation and showmanship from either side.

It's amazing to me that you and other fellas are anti facts. You don't want an investigation because you've decided he's a respectable guy who doesn't deserve to be subjected to an investigation because some confused and mixed up woman claims he assaulted her.

Look - your dude came off unhinged and emotional. If a woman would have presented herself in that manner she would have been subjected to the tired old stereotypes that men have placed on women since the beginning of time. Women are emotional timid and weak creatures.

The bottom line in my mind is that Mr. Kavanaugh doesn't have the temperament for the job. He proved that when he went political and blamed the Clinton's and DTS. I mean - WoW. That's so nutsy. He exposed exactly who he is, a partisan hack who has been given his marching orders by the right wing fringe.

He should stick to coaching the little girls softball team because he clearly can only handle softballs.

Also, on a side note, it's not a good idea to thrust your wife into the conversation. You open her up to criticism and that not fair to her.

Mark III
09-29-2018, 08:28 AM

Although these boys appear to have liked to drink like frat boys, "frat parties" are college events , you know, at fraternities. There are no fraternities in high school.

It is not unusual for a 15 year old girl to want to hang out with the "cool" guys at school or from their social circle. They seek acceptance among their age and class peers, like people do , and certainly most young people do.

I would agree that Ford was probably not as mousey as she seemed at the hearing Thursday, but that's really immaterial.

MMC
09-29-2018, 08:33 AM
He was a Choir boy.....so how is that a misrepresentation? You do know he went to a Jesuit School, Right?

Ransom
09-29-2018, 08:42 AM

Talking point media and puppet driven talk you got off tv. This 'entitlement' notion, and of course you play the divisive race card, you're such the perfect example of exactly where the media wants us all, Trish, entertain me more.....

No. Any man given there is zero evidence, zero corroboration, a clear he said she said that is 36 years old when both were in high school and attending a high school drinking engagement should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. That an 11th hour accusation from a person who's story no one can corroborate, who was 15 at the time, who cannot remember where she was or who took her home from this 'party'...can ruin a man's career and life. Trish.

Your political slant blinding you to this man's rights. You've chosen the wrong horse of morality here and I'm disappointed to say the least.

An investigation regarding what evidence other than one woman's testimony? This is my point. Any claim can be made, do you have evidence? This was 36 years ago. And the Senate's investigation...an investigation necessary as it's their job to Advise and Consent not the FBI's.....their investigation determined there was no evidence and there was no corroboration. Is that not correct?

The Feinstein should have gone to the FBI when she received this information. She was the ranking Member, where did she go with this information, for an investigation? Why is it the Left isn't asking Feinstein this....and the 'let me repeat that', why isn't Trish asking Feinstein, if this was so awful and believable and credible, why didn't you go to the authorities? Cause where did they go with this information, @Trish (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2158), I won't answer the question, I'll allow you to answer it, you're arguing the point here. Where did they go with his information YOU now claim an investigation was needed in order to 'collect information?'

Ransom
09-29-2018, 08:44 AM

While Neil Gorsuch gets fitted for his robe as the Court convenes on Oct 1.

MMC
09-29-2018, 08:50 AM

Why do you think all Trump supporters think what Trump does? Joe Walsh says he is a Trump Supporter. Yet disagrees with him on several things and will call Trump out for it live on his Radio show.

I support Trump in some things and disagree with him in quite a few.

And I would disagree with him that she was very credible.

Mark III
09-29-2018, 08:56 AM
The Feinstein should have gone to the FBI when she received this information. She was the ranking Member, where did she go with this information, for an investigation? Why is it the Left isn't asking Feinstein this....and the 'let me repeat that', why isn't Trish asking Feinstein, if this was so awful and believable and credible, why didn't you go to the authorities?

All of this is immaterial to Ford's accusation against Kavanaugh. Immaterial. One way we know that (for those who need to be led along) is that Ford made her allegation BEFORE Kavanaugh was nominated.

The idea that her allegation is invalid because it wasn't revealed to the committee at a certain time , is well, absurd.

Also, the FBI investigation is going to go beyond Ford to include the other recent accusations. The FBI has already reached out to Avenatti's client to set up an interview with her. They are going to investigate all the allegations that have been in the news lately, including the woman who said Kavanaugh shoved his dicck in her face. They'll find out who is or isn't lying.

Do you think Kavanaugh will take a lie detector test? The FBI is going to ask him to take one.

Trish
09-29-2018, 08:59 AM
Talking point media and puppet driven talk you got off tv. This 'entitlement' notion, and of course you play the divisive race card, you're such the perfect example of exactly where the media wants us all, Trish, entertain me more.....

No. Any man given there is zero evidence, zero corroboration, a clear he said she said that is 36 years old when both were in high school and attending a high school drinking engagement should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. That an 11th hour accusation from a person who's story no one can corroborate, who was 15 at the time, who cannot remember where she was or who took her home from this 'party'...can ruin a man's career and life. Trish.

Your political slant blinding you to this man's rights. You've chosen the wrong horse of morality here and I'm disappointed to say the least.

An investigation regarding what evidence other than one woman's testimony? This is my point. Any claim can be made, do you have evidence? This was 36 years ago. And the Senate's investigation...an investigation necessary as it's their job to Advise and Consent not the FBI's.....their investigation determined there was no evidence and there was no corroboration. Is that not correct?

The Feinstein should have gone to the FBI when she received this information. She was the ranking Member, where did she go with this information, for an investigation? Why is it the Left isn't asking Feinstein this....and the 'let me repeat that', why isn't Trish asking Feinstein, if this was so awful and believable and credible, why didn't you go to the authorities? Cause where did they go with this information, @Trish (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2158), I won't answer the question, I'll allow you to answer it, you're arguing the point here. Where did they go with his information YOU now claim an investigation was needed in order to 'collect information?'

I'm not here to entertain you but I'm not surprised you think I am. You probably think all women are put here to entertain you. (walked into that one didn't you. hahahahaha)

Yes, I think anyone who makes a claim against anyone who is interviewing for a lifetime appointment to SERVE the American people and to uphold the laws of the land should be scrutinized.

You don't really know how government works, do you...... Feinstein should have gone to Grassley not the FBI. There's a reason why Grassley sent a letter to the WH with the committee's request and recommendation that the President order a background investigation.

Now, I'm trying to take my annual records and compliance training so I'll get back to you when I'm done. Ciao

MMC
09-29-2018, 09:05 AM

She sent a referral to the FBI. They said it wasnt a Federal Crime and they wouldn't be investigating. Now they are being told to investigate anyways. Which they will be talking to the witnesses of the accusers. Who deny the allegations took place with Kavanaugh.

Mark III
09-29-2018, 09:09 AM
Brett Kavanaugh "had fun" at Christine Blasey's expense, as a 17 year old. He and the pathetic alcoholic Mark Judge intermittently "had fun" at girls expense during their high school days. Brett Kavanaugh was a part time drunk as a 17 year old, who often drank himself into a stupor. That was the case on the night he tried to tear off Christine Blasey's clothes at a casual get together of 6 or 7 teenagers. Kavanaugh wasn't going to rape Blasey, he was just "boys being boys" and horsing around with his main drinking buddy Mark. They were laughing hysterically throughout Blasey's ordeal.

Kavanaugh was a jock, and a brain. He was a good basketball player and also a very smart kid who got excellent grades. His mother and father were both lawyers, I believe, and certainly Brett was under a lot of pressure to achieve. Brett was also a heavy drinker. When you're that young you can drink and get up the next morning and go to class. Not really a problem.

Who's, right about all this? Christine Blasey Ford is right, Brett Kavanaugh did attack her and sexually assault her. Kavanaugh denies it because he was 17 years old at the time and doesn't think someone should have to pay this severely for youthful mistakes. For the most part Kavanaugh has led an uneventful life compared to his youthful drinking. Women who have interacted with him in recent decades speak highly of him.

Kavanaugh has done what he thinks he "needed" to do to get on the high court. He has lied about his past, but did so in the belief that what actually happened 36 years ago doesn't matter.

Brett Kavanaugh was blind drunk the night he assaulted Christine Blasey, as he often was in high school. He thinks that is a good enough excuse. What do the US senators think?

Captain Obvious
09-29-2018, 09:10 AM
lol

MMC
09-29-2018, 09:13 AM
Lindsey Graham Explodes On Senate Committee Over Kavanaugh Process
Amber Athey

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham exploded on the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday for the way they have handled sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
Graham called the entire process an “unethical sham” and slammed Democrats for sitting on the sexual assault allegations for weeks after they first received them.

https://youtu.be/IdlORdLSruY

“What you want to do is destroy this guy’s life, hold this seat open, and hope you win in 2020,” Graham said to Senate Judiciary Democrats. “You’ve said that. Not me. You’ve got nothing to apologize for. When you see Sotomayor and Kagan, tell them that Lindsey said ‘hello’ because I voted for them. I would never do to them what you’ve done to this guy.”

“This is the most unethical sham since I’ve been in politics,” Graham asserted, fuming with anger.
“Boy, you all want power,” Graham continued. “God, I hope you never get it. I hope the American people can see through this sham — that you knew about it and you held it. You had no intention of protecting Dr. Ford. None. She’s as much of a victim as you are.”
Graham concluded by trashing the idea that Kavanaugh was “Bill Cosby in high school” and promised to vote to confirm him to the Supreme Court.
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders praised Graham (https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/27/white-house-praises-lindsey-graham/), saying he “has more decency and courage than every Democrat member of the committee combined. God bless him.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/09/27/lindsey-graham-kavanaugh-senate/

Graham called it like it was........... To Kavanaugh, "You’ve got nothing to apologize for."

Graham did give the Demos a message.....he said some of those on the other side of the aisle were my friends. Use to be my friends.

He needs to double down on that going forward.

Mark III
09-29-2018, 09:13 AM
lol

It has always been best for to keep your replies short. Good job.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 09:47 AM
I remember how he talked tough about Kagen and Soto-Mayor and how they were Poor choices for the Supreme Court. Then he voted for them.

He has always said that if a judge is qualified there is no reason to vote no. Now, when it's one of ours being politicized, he should do differently. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

If this was an absurd charge against a liberal nominee it would be wrong to vote against the nominee for that reason. That's just my opinion.

One of the reasons I voted for Trump was to avoid a liberal. I didn't intend to resort to lies.

Trish
09-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Graham did give the Demos a message.....he said some of those on the other side of the aisle were my friends. Use to be my friends.

He needs to double down on that going forward.

Lindsey Graham has become a product of the environment. Unable to look at things objectively. He's a weak man who bows to a man who humiliated him and took him to task during the 2016 Presidential election. As soon as he learned his good buddy John McCain was dying he quickly searched for new alliances to remain relevant and ditched his "best buddy" for a new "best buddy and golf partner". He's rather pathetic, imo.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 09:52 AM

Not credible sources. Ramirez won't sign a letter. She has no evidence. People at those parties said nothing like that ever happened any time. They would remember that.

The gang rape is too stupid to be believed.

His drinking was something one person said. It was a former roommate that didn't kike him. One.

See the pattern?

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 09:52 AM
You would be better not be betting.
Graham has a history of saying one thing and doing another. I would not trust him.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 09:53 AM
Seriously? 100 %Seriously?

Ransom
09-29-2018, 09:54 AM
I'm not here to entertain you but I'm not surprised you think I am. You probably think all women are put here to entertain you. (walked into that one didn't you. hahahahaha)

Race card first, misogyny card second, nothing played out of the ordinary so far...….

Yes, I think anyone who makes a claim against anyone who is interviewing for a lifetime appointment to SERVE the American people and to uphold the laws of the land should be scrutinized.

Do any of these claims need to come with actual evidence or is a mere claim enough? And do we just limit it to Supreme Court appointments, I mean, why does the importance of the nominee have to be relevant in our conversation Trish? If women are to be believed, if every mere claim is to be investigated, his lifetime appointment is irrelevant. Any corporate or privately held occupation is relevant, our courts of law need to be changed as well. Even if your 36 year old accusation comes without corroboration or evidence......we must 'investigate.'

And you don't see people's rights stomped all over there?

You don't really know how government works, do you...... Feinstein should have gone to Grassley not the FBI. There's a reason why Grassley sent a letter to the WH with the committee's request and recommendation that the President order a background investigation.

woa woa…...that do you there a question, I remember asking one first. Im sorry, I may have failed to get your answer. You're telling me here that an investigation should have been completed given this mere claim void of any evidence whatsoever. So, I'll ask again....I'm not asking what you would have done Trish, it's clear you would have taken this information to the authorities, you've told me this information needs to be investigated. Again...let me try for an answer rather than a response that is another question. What did Senator Feinstein and Dr. Ford do with this information?

Now, I'm trying to take my annual records and compliance training so I'll get back to you when I'm done. Ciao

It's all about you, Trish.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Lindsey Graham, a person who supported every disastrous war in recent memory, is very upset that a man is having his reputation ruined. Let us take a moment to ponder the enormity of his dissonance and hypocrisy.

I took a moment. I pondered how war and the SCOTUS is related. I fail to see it. I think it is just a liberal excuse and not a good one.

MMC
09-29-2018, 09:56 AM
Lindsey Graham has become a product of the environment. Unable to look at things objectively. He's a weak man who bows to a man who humiliated him and took him to task during the 2016 Presidential election. As soon as he learned his good buddy John McCain was dying he quickly searched for new alliances to remain relevant and ditched his "best buddy" for a new "best buddy and golf partner". He's rather pathetic, imo.

When Graham first became a Senator is was always tearing into the Democrats for their behaviors and false deceptions to the American People. Then he started becoming their friends. He has learned.....with friends like these. Who needs enemies.

He also was a Lawyer, Prosecutor, and a Judge. So he knows exactly who is playing a game here with all these accusations that aren't true when it comes to Kavanaugh.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 10:00 AM
not everyone is a party wh*re.............I wasn't in high school.

He played football and basketball and got good grades. He got it into Yale. Yea, that's what a party animal does.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 10:02 AM
No one could prove different. He did not claim he was a choir boy............give me the minutes during the democratic war assault where he made such a claim.
He said he liked beer..........I guess that makes him demonic..........BTW, do you like the occasional beer?

I was an altar boy. I drink beer. What does that make me. Hint: married to the same woman for 51 years.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 10:05 AM

Trish, you said you believed the woman. You said this without any evidence. How is that acceptable? You usually use your head. This time you used your heart.

Captain Obvious
09-29-2018, 10:06 AM
I was an altar boy. I drink beer. What does that make me. Hint: married to the same woman for 51 years.

A Browns fan?

Captdon
09-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Brett Kavanaugh "had fun" at Christine Blasey's expense, as a 17 year old. He and the pathetic alcoholic Mark Judge intermittently "had fun" at girls expense during their high school days. Brett Kavanaugh was a part time drunk as a 17 year old, who often drank himself into a stupor. That was the case on the night he tried to tear off Christine Blasey's clothes at a casual get together of 6 or 7 teenagers. Kavanaugh wasn't going to rape Blasey, he was just "boys being boys" and horsing around with his main drinking buddy Mark. They were laughing hysterically throughout Blasey's ordeal.

Kavanaugh was a jock, and a brain. He was a good basketball player and also a very smart kid who got excellent grades. His mother and father were both lawyers, I believe, and certainly Brett was under a lot of pressure to achieve. Brett was also a heavy drinker. When you're that young you can drink and get up the next morning and go to class. Not really a problem.

Who's, right about all this? Christine Blasey Ford is right, Brett Kavanaugh did attack her and sexually assault her. Kavanaugh denies it because he was 17 years old at the time and doesn't think someone should have to pay this severely for youthful mistakes. For the most part Kavanaugh has led an uneventful life compared to his youthful drinking. Women who have interacted with him in recent decades speak highly of him.

Kavanaugh has done what he thinks he "needed" to do to get on the high court. He has lied about his past, but did so in the belief that what actually happened 36 years ago doesn't matter.

Brett Kavanaugh was blind drunk the night he assaulted Christine Blasey, as he often was in high school. He thinks that is a good enough excuse. What do the US senators think?

Liberal lie.

stjames1_53
09-29-2018, 10:10 AM
A Browns fan?

welcome back, CO

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 10:15 AM
I wonder what Hillary supporters would think if Bill C made those same comments.

There's a couple of different Bill C's floating around...

When women made credible accusations against Bill Clinton, the Democrats cheered when the Clinton political machine tried to destroy those women. They were not to believed.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 10:18 AM

Hack

stjames1_53
09-29-2018, 10:21 AM
Although these boys appear to have liked to drink like frat boys, "frat parties" are college events , you know, at fraternities. There are no fraternities in high school.

It is not unusual for a 15 year old girl to want to hang out with the "cool" guys at school or from their social circle. They seek acceptance among their age and class peers, like people do , and certainly most young people do.

I would agree that Ford was probably not as mousey as she seemed at the hearing Thursday, but that's really immaterial.

Does she have anything at all that backs up her story? She doesn't know when or where, just a weekend. Kavanaugh was not there on the weekends.
She has no proof, but at least he has something. Something did happen to her, but let me ask you a question. How many men are currently in prison falsely accused.
In recent years, many of these rape convictions have been overturned thanks to DNA testing. Men, falsely identified.................but I can assume you maintain those men's guilty just because the women identified them.
Oops, maybe they made a mistake?????? Naw, never happens.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 10:29 AM
Graham has a history of saying one thing and doing another. I would not trust him.

No, he does not. We don't like him for what he says and then does. He is not a fence-sitter. I really think I know more that you about my Senator.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 10:30 AM
The worst part of this whole fiasco is that the people trying to destroy the life, family and friends of Brett Kavanaugh know that these charges are false and politically motivated. They know this, but their partisan positions are so dug in that they will do or say anything in order to achieve their partisan goals.

Then they have the nerve to say that they don’t know why the nation is so divided.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 10:31 AM
No, he does not. We don't like him for what he says and then does. He is not a fence-sitter. I really think I know more that you about my Senator.
Whatever.

Graham is a two faced weasel. He’s not to be trusted.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 10:34 AM

Trish, you are hacking now. Graham is what I said he was. I know him better than you do. You are only taking the Democratic line. You have sunk to their level instead of staying at yours. This is surprising but politics seems more important than anything else.

I thought you were better than this.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 10:35 AM
A Browns fan?

Yep.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 10:45 AM
One doesn’t need to be a resident of South Carolina to know who Lindsey Graham is.

MMC
09-29-2018, 10:59 AM
The worst part of this whole fiasco is that the people trying to destroy the life, family and friends of Brett Kavanaugh know that these charges are false and politically motivated. They know this, but their partisan positions are so dug in that they will do or say anything in order to achieve their partisan goals.

Then they have the nerve to say that they don’t know why the nation is so divided.

Oh yeah, they have gone after Kavanaughs ole lady.

"Please tell your rapist, lying, cheating, corrupt b---h of a husband to put a bullet in his ugly f-----g skull," one email to Kavanaugh’s wife read. "My condolences to you for being married to a rapist. Although you probably deserve it."

Another email, with the subject line, "Did your know your husband is a rapist?????" stated: "Hey b---h, did you know your husband was a rapist before you married him? F--k you and your f-----g family."

A third email, typed entirely in capital letters, read, "F--K YOU AND YOUR RAPIST HUSBAND."

"F--K YOU, RAPE ENABLING C--T. YOUR HUSBAND IS A LIAR, THIEF, RAPIST AND PROBABLY A PEDOPHILE. BURN IN HELL YOU WORTHLESS F-----G C--T," the email stated. "MAY YOU, YOUR HUSBAND AND YOUR KIDS BURN IN HELL YOU F-----G PIECES OF TRASH. EAAAAATTTTT S-----------T!!!!!!!!!!"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...receiving-death-threats-graphic-language.html (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/21/brett-kavanaugh-wife-and-christine-blasey-ford-all-receiving-death-threats-graphic-language.html)

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 11:06 AM

"Please tell your rapist, lying, cheating, corrupt b---h of a husband to put a bullet in his ugly f-----g skull," one email to Kavanaugh’s wife read. "My condolences to you for being married to a rapist. Although you probably deserve it."

Another email, with the subject line, "Did your know your husband is a rapist?????" stated: "Hey b---h, did you know your husband was a rapist before you married him? F--k you and your f-----g family."

A third email, typed entirely in capital letters, read, "F--K YOU AND YOUR RAPIST HUSBAND."

"F--K YOU, RAPE ENABLING C--T. YOUR HUSBAND IS A LIAR, THIEF, RAPIST AND PROBABLY A PEDOPHILE. BURN IN HELL YOU WORTHLESS F-----G C--T," the email stated. "MAY YOU, YOUR HUSBAND AND YOUR KIDS BURN IN HELL YOU F-----G PIECES OF TRASH. EAAAAATTTTT S-----------T!!!!!!!!!!"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...receiving-death-threats-graphic-language.html (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/21/brett-kavanaugh-wife-and-christine-blasey-ford-all-receiving-death-threats-graphic-language.html)

These people will eventually get what they deserve. I’m not going to have any pity for them when it happens.

Trish
09-29-2018, 11:14 AM
Trish, you are hacking now. Graham is what I said he was. I know him better than you do. You are only taking the Democratic line. You have sunk to their level instead of staying at yours. This is surprising but politics seems more important than anything else.

I thought you were better than this.

I have succumbed to my environment. That is why I resigned my role as an Advisor. What's the point in trying to be reasonable and to promote thoughtful discussion and discourse. The site members aren't looking for that.

When I was attacked relentlessly for my opinion by so many of you on the right I decided that my past record of trying to find common ground and to promote civility was a joke. You guys didn't care what my history showed. You only cared that I said I believed the accuser even when I admitted I could be wrong.

You're disappointed with me......well, I'm disappointed with you and several others too.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 11:18 AM
One doesn’t need to be a resident of South Carolina to know who Lindsey Graham is.

No, but don't tell us what he is. We put him there. This is a small state. You can't take a piss without half the state knowing about it.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 11:20 AM
I have succumbed to my environment. That is why I resigned my role as an Advisor. What's the point in trying to be reasonable and to promote thoughtful discussion and discourse. The site members aren't looking for that.

When I was attacked relentlessly for my opinion by so many of you on the right I decided that my past record of trying to find common ground and to promote civility was a joke. You guys didn't care what my history showed. You only cared that I said I believed the accuser even when I admitted I could be wrong.

You're disappointed with me......well, I'm disappointed with you and several others too.

I'm surprised you say this to me. Then, I'm surprised at how far liberals will go to take power. That's on me.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 11:21 AM
No, but don't tell us what he is. We put him there. This is a small state. You can't take a piss without half the state knowing about it.
Don’t tell me what I can or can not say. I can tell you what he is, because I’ve been paying attention.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 11:23 AM
Don’t tell me what I can or can not say. I can tell you what he is, because I’ve been paying attention.

I didn't tell you what you can say or not say. You twist things to suit yourself. Say whatever you want whether you know anything or not. you want to act like the liberals.

Trish
09-29-2018, 11:24 AM
I'm surprised you say this to me. Then, I'm surprised at how far liberals will go to take power. That's on me.

Maybe you should go back and read what you said to me. I found it hurtful because I thought we had reached a mutually respectful forum friendship. This is silly, I don't want to have this discussion on an open forum. Let's just move on.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 11:24 AM

Challenging your views is not attacking you relentlessly. Asking you to cite actual facts to support your views is not attacking you relentlessly.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 11:41 AM

I didn't tell you what you can say or not say. You twist things to suit yourself. Say whatever you want whether you know anything or not. you want to act like the liberals.

Clearly you told me that I can’t tell you who he is.

Cletus
09-29-2018, 11:51 AM
Don't put words in my mouth. I'm stating very simply that there should be an investigation to collect FACTS rather than accepting partisan speculation and showmanship from either side.

It's amazing to me that you and other fellas are anti facts. You don't want an investigation because you've decided he's a respectable guy who doesn't deserve to be subjected to an investigation because some confused and mixed up woman claims he assaulted her.

Look - your dude came off unhinged and emotional. If a woman would have presented herself in that manner she would have been subjected to the tired old stereotypes that men have placed on women since the beginning of time. Women are emotional timid and weak creatures.

The bottom line in my mind is that Mr. Kavanaugh doesn't have the temperament for the job. He proved that when he went political and blamed the Clinton's and DTS. I mean - WoW. That's so nutsy. He exposed exactly who he is, a partisan hack who has been given his marching orders by the right wing fringe.

He should stick to coaching the little girls softball team because he clearly can only handle softballs.

Also, on a side note, it's not a good idea to thrust your wife into the conversation. You open her up to criticism and that not fair to her.

What Kavanaugh said needed to be said and was absolutely true. He has been accused of sexual assault before the entire nation. No one will ever again see him in the same way they saw him before the accusation, even if he is fully exonerated, as I expect he will be. The Democrats know that what matters is not what actually occurred, but the accusation itself. That is what imprints on people's minds.

This is a man whose entire adult life has been about service to others. I have no doubt his honor means more to him than anything other than his family.

I hope when this is done, Feinstein and the other scumbags who created this spectacle get what they deserve.

Regarding Ford... she is obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer. She is a Leftist activist who allowed herself to be used by unscrupulous politicians to achieve a goal... strike back at the President by disqualifying his nominee and prevent the Supreme Court from getting another textualist to occupy the empty seat. Her story as presented to the public is so full of holes that only someone who is predisposed to either disliking Kavanaugh or believing every woman who makes a claim of sexual assault could give her any credibility.

The Democrats on the Judiciary Committee should be ashamed of themselves and they only thing Kavanaugh did wrong in his opening statement was not call them out by name.

Cletus
09-29-2018, 11:52 AM
Do you think Kavanaugh will take a lie detector test? The FBI is going to ask him to take one.
I wouldn't.

Only a fool would.

Cletus
09-29-2018, 11:56 AM

Nonetheless, his statement regarding these proceedings and the conduct of the Democrats was both accurate and necessary. He said what need to be said and I applaud him for it.

Cletus
09-29-2018, 12:08 PM

Trish, this is a pretty hot issue and people on both sides of it have expressed strong feelings about it and those who disagree with them. Don't take it too personally.

I disagree with you on this one, but it doesn't change the fact that you are still Trish and a good and valuable voice for the forum. This issue will eventually fade away, hopefully after Kavanaugh is confirmed and Feinstein and her henchmen are struck by lightning, repeatedly. :cool2:

When it does, the same people who are being so contentious right now will go back to getting along as well as they ever did... at least until the next hot topic comes up. That is the nature of the beast.

ripmeister
09-29-2018, 12:11 PM

There are extremist hateful anuses on both sides of any issue, especially one such as this. There is no excuse for this type of behavior ever.

stjames1_53
09-29-2018, 12:15 PM
There are extremist hateful anuses on both sides of any issue, especially one such as this. There is no excuse for this type of behavior ever.

as you or any liberal allude to Kavanaugh's demonic behavior...What, you don't expect to get challenged on this?
WTF??? The 1st A belongs to you exclusively?

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 12:27 PM
There are extremist hateful anuses on both sides of any issue, especially one such as this. There is no excuse for this type of behavior ever.In this case the hate is coming from one side and one side only. The rhetoric and tactics employed by the left is beyond disgraceful.

I think sone of the accusers here need to be charged in a criminal court. Lying on a sworn statement is a crime whether or not it’s motivated by partisanship.

ripmeister
09-29-2018, 12:28 PM
as you or any liberal allude to Kavanaugh's demonic behavior...What, you don't expect to get challenged on this?
WTF??? The 1st A belongs to you exclusively?
Oh boy. I've never written anything like the quotes that I responded to yet you say this? Whatever.

ripmeister
09-29-2018, 12:32 PM
In this case the hate is coming from one side and one side only. The rhetoric and tactics employed by the left is beyond disgraceful.

I think sone of the accusers here need to be charged in a criminal court. Lying on a sworn statement is a crime whether or not it’s motivated by partisanship.
I would agree for the most part in this case and that's unfortunate for those of us who don't act in such an incindeary way. That said I'm sure you don't view me that way. If anyone on either side of the issue is found to be lieing they should be held accountable.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 12:37 PM
I would agree for the most part in this case and that's unfortunate for those of us who don't act in such an incindeary way. That said I'm sure you don't view me that way. If anyone on either side of the issue is found to be lieing they should be held accountable.
I think you are much less hateful than most of your liberal cohorts here.

gamewell45
09-29-2018, 01:17 PM
Magnificent performance by Sen. Graham. I hope he gets a Emmy nomination for it.

Trish
09-29-2018, 01:33 PM
Race card first, misogyny card second, nothing played out of the ordinary so far...….

Do any of these claims need to come with actual evidence or is a mere claim enough? And do we just limit it to Supreme Court appointments, I mean, why does the importance of the nominee have to be relevant in our conversation Trish? If women are to be believed, if every mere claim is to be investigated, his lifetime appointment is irrelevant. Any corporate or privately held occupation is relevant, our courts of law need to be changed as well. Even if your 36 year old accusation comes without corroboration or evidence......we must 'investigate.'

And you don't see people's rights stomped all over there?

woa woa…...that do you there a question, I remember asking one first. Im sorry, I may have failed to get your answer. You're telling me here that an investigation should have been completed given this mere claim void of any evidence whatsoever. So, I'll ask again....I'm not asking what you would have done Trish, it's clear you would have taken this information to the authorities, you've told me this information needs to be investigated. Again...let me try for an answer rather than a response that is another question. What did Senator Feinstein and Dr. Ford do with this information?

It's all about you, Trish.

Well.........yep (popping the "p"), I think accusations should be backed up with evidence. That's what the FBI is for. See, we actually agree on something. The background investigation should be supplemented to incorporate this new claim.

Everything else in your post isn't worth addressing.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 04:12 PM
Clearly you told me that I can’t tell you who he is.

Jesus, it's a general term. It's , "don't tell me your not stupid." It is not a literal term the way I used it. Get a grip. Oh, wait, that means you don't have a grip. How about, no, that won't work either. Hell, get a grip.

stjames1_53
09-29-2018, 04:16 PM
How are you going to clear Kavanagh in light of a lack of evidence?

stjames1_53
09-29-2018, 04:20 PM
Well.........yep (popping the "p"), I think accusations should be backed up with evidence. That's what the FBI is for. See, we actually agree on something. The background investigation should be supplemented to incorporate this new claim.

Everything else in your post isn't worth addressing.

When Ford went to Feinstein, it was supposed to be kept confidential. That is her claim under oath. We would have never had the horse and pony show we had yesterday.
Feinstein had the letter for 20 days, then someone leaked it. Feinstein could have called for an FBI investigation, quietly, But oh, noes,,,she had to allow the media frenzy to take place, resulting in death threats against both sides just to drive home a political point.
The real criminal here is Feinstein.

roadmaster
09-29-2018, 04:25 PM
We all know Feinstein leaked it or gave it to someone to do just that. Just like we know on Wipi that telephone numbers, addresses, and personal information on GOP leaders were leaked out of M. Walters office. They were too stupid to not know the IP would come back at them.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 04:27 PM
Oh boy. I've never written anything like the quotes that I responded to yet you say this? Whatever.

Yea, this has gotten us to this point. You and Trish and gameswell have as much respect as I give others. There are others as well. I don't really agree with any of you or expect any of you to agree with me.

This hearing is the most important political act since the election. I say act deliberately. There is no validity to any of the charges. You won't agree but I don't care if you do.

I believe, as has been said, that this will pass eventually. What I don't agree with is that it will be soon.That wasn't said but I got that impression. If Kavanaugh gets confirmed it will be sooner than if he isn't.

The Dems don't really believe this propaganda. He couldn't change his behavior and no one has accused him of being that way today. It's an absurdity. If he gets on the court, the Dems will move on to their next thing. If he isn't, non-liberals are not going to let go easily.

For what it's worth.

Captdon
09-29-2018, 04:30 PM
Magnificent performance by Sen. Graham. I hope he gets a Emmy nomination for it.

The Dems needed their act interrupted. It was getting to be a bore.Graham said what we non-libs are feeling. He did a great job of knocking the lying jackasses on the left on their asses. Even Spartacus quieted down.

gamewell45
09-29-2018, 06:00 PM
The Dems needed their act interrupted. It was getting to be a bore.Graham said what we non-libs are feeling. He did a great job of knocking the lying jackasses on the left on their asses. Even Spartacus quieted down.

Hence my support for an Emmy nomination. Great acting job on his part; got his message out to the masses. Look at his body language during his "speech" dressing down democrats.

Cletus
09-29-2018, 06:33 PM
Hence my support for an Emmy nomination. Great acting job on his part; got his message out to the masses. Look at his body language during his "speech" dressing down democrats.
If you are a student of body language, examine Ford's. It doesn't match her known personality profile at all.

Her appearance was an act.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 07:29 PM
Jesus, it's a general term. It's , "don't tell me your not stupid." It is not a literal term the way I used it. Get a grip. Oh, wait, that means you don't have a grip. How about, no, that won't work either. Hell, get a grip.

Heed your own advice

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 07:30 PM
If you are a student of body language, examine Ford's. It doesn't match her known personality profile at all.

Her appearance was an act.for a supposed college professor, she had quite a bit of trouble understanding simple questions.

Trish
09-29-2018, 07:39 PM
Heed your own advice

I thought you two were on the same team.

jet57
09-29-2018, 08:11 PM

The fact that Kavanaugh said it was a left-wing conspiracy tells us everything we need to know about his "objectiveness from the bench".

The constitution means nothing anymore.

donttread
09-29-2018, 08:30 PM
Early Novemeber is little over a month away. The dem plan is working. We need an amendment.

gamewell45
09-29-2018, 08:41 PM

Her appearance was an act.
I just did and based on what I saw I disagree with you. :)

gamewell45
09-29-2018, 08:49 PM
The fact that Kavanaugh said it was a left-wing conspiracy tells us everything we need to know about his "objectiveness from the bench".

Well Kavanaugh and Ford's testimony is a different story which is best discussed in a different thread; I was talking about Sen. Lindsey Graham's magnificent performance given. I'm now being told that he is seeking (I need to get verification on it as well) the US Attorney General's position once Session's is canned from it. If this is true, then it makes complete sense why he put on all the theatrics the other day.

roadmaster
09-29-2018, 09:07 PM
Man who falsely accused Brett Kavanaugh of raping a friend on a boat in Rhode Island has been referred for criminal investigation - BNO News

Good

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 09:37 PM

Conservatives are not like liberals. We don’t need to be in complete lock-step with each other all the time.

Conservatives reject group think.

Captain Obvious
09-29-2018, 09:39 PM
Conservatives are not like liberals. We don’t need to be in complete lock-step with each other all the time.

That explains why the AHA was never repealed

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 09:43 PM
Man who falsely accused Brett Kavanaugh of raping a friend on a boat in Rhode Island has been referred for criminal investigation - BNO News

Good

The man admitted that he made a false accusation but the media has basically ignored it.

Trish
09-29-2018, 09:47 PM

Yes, yes they do. :0p

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 09:53 PM
Yes, yes they do. :0p

Wow. I suppose you thought that was clever.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 09:54 PM
That explains why the AHA was never repealed
AHA? Never heard of it.

Trish
09-29-2018, 09:56 PM
Wow. I suppose you thought that was clever.

Nope - just silly. Lighten up Tman. You're far too serious.

Captain Obvious
09-29-2018, 10:01 PM
AHA? Never heard of it.

ACA... I'm guessing you're not familiar with that also.

Conservatives... lol, group think. They're no different than liberal democrats, they know not to shit on their dinner plates.

Thinking "conservatives" are some special group, Trump - a democrat supporter for years is more conservative than the frauds in Congress.

Yeah...

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 10:02 PM
Nope - just silly. Lighten up Tman. You're far too serious.I’m watching the Husky game. Serious stuff.

roadmaster
09-29-2018, 10:03 PM
The man admitted that he made a false accusation but the media has basically ignored it.
And the FBI is also looking into who leaked Fords information.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 10:11 PM
And the FBI is also looking into who leaked Fords information.
Sometimes people should remember the old saying “ think about what you wish for, you just might get it”.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 10:13 PM
ACA... I'm guessing you're not familiar with that also.

Conservatives... lol, group think. They're no different than liberal democrats, they know not to $#@! on their dinner plates.

Thinking "conservatives" are some special group, Trump - a democrat supporter for years is more conservative than the frauds in Congress.

Yeah...

I thought you were referring to some old lame 80’s bubble gum pop music group because you don’t seem to know what you’re talking about.

You must be one of those group think clowns who believes Republicans are synonymous with conservatives.

Trish
09-29-2018, 10:17 PM
I’m watching the Husky game. Serious stuff.

Got it. okay, you get a pass

Captain Obvious
09-29-2018, 10:23 PM
I thought you were referring to some old lame 80’s bubble gum pop music group because you don’t seem to know what you’re talking about.

You must be one of those group think clowns who believes Republicans are synonymous with conservatives.

So "conservatives" elect... something other than conservative.

Got it

Maybe the conservative think-tank sits around and watches Huskies games all afternoon and complains about Republicans.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 10:35 PM
So "conservatives" elect... something other than conservative.

Got it

Maybe the conservative think-tank sits around and watches Huskies games all afternoon and complains about Republicans.

Goid bye. You’re dismissed.

This forum has too many people like you. You’re already back to being boring and predictable.

Captain Obvious
09-29-2018, 10:37 PM
Goid bye. You’re dismissed.

This forum has too many people like you. You’re already back to being boring and predictable.

Goid?

Is that partisan hack for "punt"

bye

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 10:39 PM
Goid?

Is that partisan hack for "punt"

bye
Please leave me alone. I think you’re a waste of band width.

Captain Obvious
09-29-2018, 10:45 PM
Please leave me alone. I think you’re a waste of band width.

I'll get right on that, let me get the memo typed first.

Cletus
09-30-2018, 01:15 AM
I just did and based on what I saw I disagree with you. :)

That is fine. You are wrong, but it's fine.

Cletus
09-30-2018, 01:23 AM
for a supposed college professor, she had quite a bit of trouble understanding simple questions.

She is a trained psychologist and an avid surfer. Have you ever known a surfer who comes across as a confused little mouse?

How about, as you mentioned, a college professor (and trained psychologist) who projects him or herself as she did? She tried to come across as some poor confused, scared, injured little waif and some people bought it.

Cletus
09-30-2018, 01:33 AM

Nonsense.

His job on the bench is to examine facts and see how they relate to the Constitution. Before the Senate, he was defending himself against vicious personal attacks launched against him and his family for political reasons. The two are not even remotely related.

I would have approved of it if he had gone over and kicked the shit out of Whitehouse and Booker and Blumenthal.

Cletus
09-30-2018, 01:36 AM
I thought you were referring to some old lame 80’s bubble gum pop music group...
The Archies... Sugar, Sugar.

The perfect pop song.

gamewell45
09-30-2018, 01:38 AM
That is fine. You are wrong, but it's fine.
Whatever you say; Your opinion is duly noted.

Cletus
09-30-2018, 02:13 AM
Whatever you say
Go with that every time and you will always be right.

gamewell45
09-30-2018, 02:18 AM
Go with that every time and you will always be right.

It's easier that way for me.

Ransom
09-30-2018, 07:42 AM

Indeed, he'll be able to see right through partisan politics and call a spade a spade. Hey Jet......I could walk your dog Filibuster to this Committee Hearing and he would return home barking left-wing conspiracy. The Committee Hearing over, the vote about to be taken.....and an 11 hour and 58th min claim is made without a shred of evidence nor one corroborating witness. Turns out, this claim is weeks old, the ranking Member of the Committee had been sitting on this claim. The Ranking Member nor Dr. Ford took this claim to the FBI. The Ranking Member nor Dr. Ford took this claim to the Committee Chairman. They took it to the Media. For 10 days to two weeks they allowed this to fester, Kavanaugh's family and himself smeared.....Filibuster sitting there ears up......with that kind of head bent look they give you...…..on the return walk home I ask Filibuster what he thinks...…

….don't take no Supreme Court nominee to unveil and expose a hack job when they see it, Jet. I see it. I see your support for it and in my opinion, it's far from objective and so when you cry that others aren't especially Brett Kavanaugh...I tend to see a big fat bubbling pile of hypocrisy coming from your arguments.

Know what it means here? It's used to point out that within that document lies presumption of innocence. Within that document are your rights that mere claims without evidence nor corroboration cannot be used in a most subjective manner to ruin careers and dictate law and order. There are people everyday in many courtrooms both civil and criminal, in numerous hearings or arbitrations, regarding any number of issues and both sides of any argument seem "credible" or believable. What our law is dictated by are facts and evidence and without any.....you're making mere allegations and we don't govern nor enforce law in such a manner because of the document you mention above and continue to ignore.

Captdon
09-30-2018, 08:34 AM

Oh, he wanted to get literal about a term when he didn't understand how it was used. Still doesn't get it. He does that. He's a bit flaky.

Captdon
09-30-2018, 08:39 AM

Oh, those Democrats were offended in the least about Ford's testimony. It's just politics to them. Their whole questioning and righteousness is an act. They paid her expenses. They will drop her when this is over.

jet57
09-30-2018, 08:44 AM
Nonsense.

His job on the bench is to examine facts and see how they relate to the Constitution. Before the Senate, he was defending himself against vicious personal attacks launched against him and his family for political reasons. The two are not even remotely related.

I would have approved of it if he had gone over and kicked the $#@! out of Whitehouse and Booker and Blumenthal.

No the man has clearly shown us what he all about.

jet57
09-30-2018, 08:46 AM
Well Kavanaugh and Ford's testimony is a different story which is best discussed in a different thread; I was talking about Sen. Lindsey Graham's magnificent performance given. I'm now being told that he is seeking (I need to get verification on it as well) the US Attorney General's position once Session's is canned from it. If this is true, then it makes complete sense why he put on all the theatrics the other day.

Interesting; why would he want that position?

Captdon
09-30-2018, 08:47 AM

He was telling the truth. It is a left-wing conspiracy.

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 08:47 AM

...........and that is what, exactly?

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 08:53 AM

well, it's probably the same answer you would give if we asked you why you are here in the forum.............because you want to be here, there is no pay off. maybe personal satisfaction?
He's been training all of his life in law. You expect him to work in a Mickey Ds with all that education? Would you work at Mickey D's if you held a license to practice law?

Captdon
09-30-2018, 08:53 AM
He's up for re-election in two years. Nikki Haley will have four years in her job at the UN. If she runs against Graham, she'll beat him. Simple.

MMC
09-30-2018, 09:14 AM
Lindsey Graham Explodes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/101384-Lindsey-Graham-Explodes-On-Senate-Committee-Over-Kavanaugh-Process/page20)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/styles/smilies/blowup.gif

Hoosier8
09-30-2018, 09:20 AM
Yes, anger over allegations with no proof. Now are calls not to let him coach girls. This is what dems personal destruction is all about and the pound MeToo movement doesn’t care if a few innocent men are destroyed for their agenda of guilty until proven innocent.

gamewell45
09-30-2018, 10:03 AM
Oh, those Democrats were offended in the least about Ford's testimony. It's just politics to them. Their whole questioning and righteousness is an act. They paid her expenses. They will drop her when this is over.

To further my point, even the media caught on to it. Looks like the rumors I heard are true as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/david-brock-this-whole-thing-is-phony-graham-is-trying-to-help-himself/vp-BBNImod

gamewell45
09-30-2018, 10:06 AM

Apparently he is seeking a cabinet position in the administration; why? I have no idea unless he is preparing for a presidential run if the opportunity presents itself. I just think he is an opportunist.

Tahuyaman
09-30-2018, 10:33 AM
The Archies... Sugar, Sugar.

The perfect pop song.Wasn't that the 70’s, along with the Partridge Family?

Tahuyaman
09-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Apparently he is seeking a cabinet position in the administration; why? I have no idea unless he is preparing for a presidential run if the opportunity presents itself. I just think he is an opportunist.
Graham is not looking for a cabinet position. He wants to be the “Dean of the Senate”. He wants to be McCain’s successor.

Tahuyaman
09-30-2018, 10:41 AM
She is a trained psychologist and an avid surfer. Have you ever known a surfer who comes across as a confused little mouse?

How about, as you mentioned, a college professor (and trained psychologist) who projects him or herself as she did? She tried to come across as some poor confused, scared, injured little waif and some people bought it.

Well, I’ve never met a surfer who was also a professor at Stanford.

Watching her try to play the part of a scared and confused little teenaged girl was eye rolling.

MMC
09-30-2018, 10:48 AM
Lindsey Graham promises 'full scale' probe into Democrats' handling of Ford-Kavanaugh allegation....

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., vowed Sunday to launch a thorough inquiry into Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee to find out whether there was any wrongdoing in how they managed the sexual misconduct allegation Christine Blasey Ford leveled at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

"We're going to do a wholesale, full scale investigation of what I think was a despicable process to deter it from happening again," Graham said during an interview on ABC News' "This Week."

The FBI will do a supplemental background investigation, then I'm going to call for an investigation of what happened in this committee. Who betrayed Dr. Ford's trust? Who in Feinstein's office recommended Katz as a lawyer? Why did Ms. Ford not know that the committee was willing to go to California?" Graham continued, referring to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Debra Katz, one of Ford's attorneys who has been involved in Democratic politics in the past.

Graham added Sunday that he accepted Feinstein's denial.

"All I can tell you is it came from somebody with a political motive," he said. "No friend would do this to Dr. Ford."....snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lindsey-graham-promises-full-scale-probe-into-democrats-handling-of-ford-kavanaugh-allegation

Don't stop there Graham......file ethics complaints against Feinstein. She broke the rules of the Senate. Censure her and publicly shame her.

jet57
09-30-2018, 11:10 AM

I think you're probably right. Graham however is about as right-wing it one can be and the country is up to our eyeballs with right wingism, so if he has executive designs I don't see them going anywhere. November is going to be extremely telling about which direction this country wants to go. I just wish that the Dems were a stronger FDR bunch as that is really what we need these days: some sort of competent leadership that shows positive results.

jet57
09-30-2018, 11:12 AM
Yes, anger over allegations with no proof. Now are calls not to let him coach girls. This is what dems personal destruction is all about and the pound MeToo movement doesn’t care if a few innocent men are destroyed for their agenda of guilty until proven innocent.

Uh, no; he's a partisan, or maybe you missed the screaming about a left-wing conspiracy. The right wants to railroad him in because he's a partisan and they have an agenda.

Hoosier8
09-30-2018, 11:18 AM
Uh, no; he's a partisan, or maybe you missed the screaming about a left-wing conspiracy. The right wants to railroad him in because he's a partisan and they have an agenda.

Gosh, maybe you missed the dems saying they would do anything to keep Kavanaugh off the bench. You missed them saying they would vote no immediately after he was announced. You missed the timing of the accusations when it was known by democrats during confirmation. The agenda is the democrats.

Kavanaugh is not stupid but apparently some of the haters are.

Tahuyaman
09-30-2018, 11:24 AM
Lindsey Graham promises 'full scale' probe into Democrats' handling of Ford-Kavanaugh allegation....

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., vowed Sunday to launch a thorough inquiry into Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee to find out whether there was any wrongdoing in how they managed the sexual misconduct allegation Christine Blasey Ford leveled at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

"We're going to do a wholesale, full scale investigation of what I think was a despicable process to deter it from happening again," Graham said during an interview on ABC News' "This Week."

The FBI will do a supplemental background investigation, then I'm going to call for an investigation of what happened in this committee. Who betrayed Dr. Ford's trust? Who in Feinstein's office recommended Katz as a lawyer? Why did Ms. Ford not know that the committee was willing to go to California?" Graham continued, referring to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Debra Katz, one of Ford's attorneys who has been involved in Democratic politics in the past.

Graham added Sunday that he accepted Feinstein's denial.

"All I can tell you is it came from somebody with a political motive," he said. "No friend would do this to Dr. Ford."....snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lindsey-graham-promises-full-scale-probe-into-democrats-handling-of-ford-kavanaugh-allegation

Don't stop there Graham......file ethics complaints against Feinstein. She broke the rules of the Senate. Censure her and publicly shame her.

This is an example of Graham talking tough, but when it’s all said and done, he’ll back down.

Tahuyaman
09-30-2018, 11:26 AM
Gosh, maybe you missed the dems saying they would do anything to keep Kavanaugh off the bench. You missed them saying they would vote no immediately after he was announced. You missed the timing of the accusations when it was known by democrats during confirmation. The agenda is the democrats.

Some of those Democrats admitted that they were opposing him simply because he was nominated by Trump.

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 11:56 AM
I think you're probably right. Graham however is about as right-wing it one can be and the country is up to our eyeballs with right wingism, so if he has executive designs I don't see them going anywhere. November is going to be extremely telling about which direction this country wants to go. I just wish that the Dems were a stronger FDR bunch as that is really what we need these days: some sort of competent leadership that shows positive results.
More socialism? how ya gonna pay fer it all?

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 11:58 AM

BTW Hoosier8............hippy b-day, dude

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 12:00 PM

agenda? hahahahahaha..if he has one it's to return to textualism via the Constitution............I know you have a problem with following the Law since you support criminals like Feinstein, Booker, Harris, Pelosi

Hoosier8
09-30-2018, 12:07 PM
BTW @Hoosier8 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=244)............hippy b-day, dude

Thanks!

Hoosier8
09-30-2018, 12:08 PM
Graham:

Sen. Lindsey Graham: Here’s what’s going to happen. I’m going to ask Senator Grassley to get to the bottom of how this hearing process was so hijacked, the unethical aspects of it. The slash and burn aspects of it, the effort to delay it, to abuse, I think, Dr. Ford’s trust. So, let me tell you. We’re going to start with the following concept. Dr. Ford said at the hearing that she did not know that the committee was willing to come to California to take her testimony in a private setting… So I’m going to find out why she did not know her options. I’m going to find out who in Feinstein’s staff recommended Katz to be Dr. Ford’s lawyer. It’s improper for senators to recommend lawyers to constituents. I’m going to ask if she thought she needed a lawyer as a staff member why didn’t you come forth to tell the committee about the allegation.

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 12:12 PM
Graham:

If is came from Feinstein, the records have already been scrubbed clean. And as you can see from her cheering section in here, they'll be glad to help deny a democrat can be that f**king dirty

MMC
09-30-2018, 12:41 PM
This is an example of Graham talking tough, but when it’s all said and done, he’ll back down.

The Repubs need more than Graham out talking tough. But at least he is giving the effort.

If I was him I would already have filed the ethics complaints. Then sent the FBI or DHS a referral.

Tahuyaman
09-30-2018, 12:56 PM
The Repubs need more than Graham out talking tough. But at least he is giving the effort.

If I was him I would already have filed the ethics complaints. Then sent the FBI or DHS a referral.
Like I’ve said several times in the past, his actions rarely if ever match his words.

Tahuyaman
09-30-2018, 12:59 PM

Tax the rich.

Cletus
09-30-2018, 01:40 PM
Wasn't that the 70’s, along with the Partridge Family?

I thought early eighties, but you may very well be correct.

Either way, it was pop perfection.

Okay... just looked it up. We were both off. It was recorded by the Archies in 1969.

jet57
09-30-2018, 02:47 PM

Neither you nor Kavanaugh have one iota of fact to back up anything you say about a left-wing conspiracy.

Hoosier8
09-30-2018, 02:51 PM
Neither you nor Kavanaugh have one iota of fact to back up anything you say about a left-wing conspiracy.
Feinstein’s Office will be investigated for who betrayed Ford to the press and why Ford was unaware of the Senate office to interview in confidence in California to protect her identity. Dems betrayed Ford’s confidentiality.

jet57
09-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Feinstein’s Office will be investigated for who betrayed Ford to the press and why Ford was unaware of the Senate office to interview in confidence in California to protect her identity. Dems betrayed Ford’s confidentiality.

Neither you nor Kavanauigh have one iota of proof that there's a left-wing conspiracy.

The Moral Majority has no proof of anything either.

Hoosier8
09-30-2018, 03:04 PM
Neither you nor Kavanauigh have one iota of proof that there's a left-wing conspiracy.

Knew that dems lying and outing Ford or that Ford presented zero evidence so they could put on a circus would have no affect on your radical partisanship.

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 03:33 PM

and what do you call an unsubstantiated accusation that has no basis in facts? Proof?

Hoosier8
09-30-2018, 04:05 PM
The dems plan:

1. Declare Kavanaugh unacceptable the moment he’s nominated.

2. Withhold bombshell, uncorroborated allegation until after hearings.

3. Suggest he’s a predator & liar for days.

4. Declare him temperamentally unfit when he furiously responds to previous two steps.

jet57
09-30-2018, 04:05 PM
Knew that dems lying and outing Ford or that Ford presented zero evidence so they could put on a circus would have no affect on your radical partisanship.
Ya'know apst, you're just as weak here as you are over there. Nobody but Kavanaugh was lying.

Kavanaugh is not fit for the court

Hoosier8
09-30-2018, 04:07 PM
Ya'know apst, you're just as weak here as you are over there. Nobody but Kavanaugh was lying.

Because he responded forcefully to being slandered with zero evidence.

The dems nasty playbook of personal destruction.

jet57
09-30-2018, 04:21 PM
Because he responded forcefully to being slandered with zero evidence.

The dems nasty playbook of personal destruction.

You have zero proof once again.

Hoosier8
09-30-2018, 04:25 PM
Fords lawyers will face an investigation by the Bar why they did not inform her the Senate was willing to come to California to interview her in confidence.

Hoosier8
09-30-2018, 04:28 PM

At least you have one thing right. Zero evidence for the accusation.

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 04:33 PM

ok, for the umpteenth time, where's your proof he's guilty?

Captdon
09-30-2018, 04:37 PM

Well, you certainly have.

Captdon
09-30-2018, 04:38 PM
Nikki Haley.

Captdon
09-30-2018, 04:41 PM

The Democrats clean their septic tanks by sucking through straws. They are what grows under the pond scum.

Captdon
09-30-2018, 04:42 PM

How is it apparent?

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 04:47 PM
The Democrats clean their septic tanks by sucking through straws. They are what grows under the pond scum.

.........you're giving pond scum a bad name.........

AZ Jim
09-30-2018, 04:47 PM
Lindsey probably peed his panties.

jet57
09-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Fords lawyers will face an investigation by the Bar why they did not inform her the Senate was willing to come to California to interview her in confidence.

And so you change the subject...
No they won't.

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 04:49 PM
Lindsey probably peed his panties.

did you check that out, like, personally?

jet57
At least you have one thing right. Zero evidence for the accusation.
Testimony IS evidence.

Captdon

Graham always does what he says. We don't really like him because he does that.He is all about compromise and we don't want that. The problem here is that no other Republican can raise money to beat him. In two years Nikki Haley is going to beat him.

The only thing to stop her is for Trump to make her Secretary of State.She is going to run for President in 2024. She's a true conservative. She's a woman. Her parents are immigrants. She was the Governor of a Southern State. She took on the rebel flag people and beat them. Graham should be thinking about what future he has.

Captdon
09-30-2018, 04:50 PM

He isn't. You are.

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 04:50 PM
And so you change the subject...
No they won't.

again, you keep avoiding the question. Where's your proof? Or are you claiming since there is none, he's guilty?

Captdon
09-30-2018, 04:52 PM

Too early. One fight at a time.

Captdon
09-30-2018, 04:54 PM

They went looking for her.

They paid for her lawyers.

They paid her way to DC

They paid her expenses.

There you go. You won't buy it because you're a hack but there it is.

stjames1_53
09-30-2018, 04:55 PM
Testimony IS evidence.

Not without something to back it up. a drunk Avenatti could easily over-come this.
Where are they going to start looking? What house? Which day?
Then the killer, "When you figured out it was Kavanaugh, why did you not go to the Montgomery County Sheriff's office and file a complaint?"
Ya know he's been the most vetted SCOTUS applicant, like in forever.............
Your ignorance of the law is only preceded with your ignorance of how Waters leaked this information.

Captain Obvious
09-30-2018, 04:56 PM
Testimony IS evidence.

It has to be credible.

...unless you're a partisan hack

Captdon
09-30-2018, 04:56 PM
Testimony IS evidence.

False testimony is not evidence. It's perjury.

Mister D
09-30-2018, 04:57 PM
It has to be credible.

...unless you're a partisan hack

He is.