PDA

View Full Version : Will Ford get prison for lying to Congress (or a participation award)?

Lummy
09-28-2018, 11:16 AM
If her false and contradictory statements were made made knowingly or willingly, Christine Ford seems qualified for a jail term.
Perjury and lying to the federal government are both crimes that could land a person in some serious legal trouble. If convicted of either crime, a person could be looking at up to five years in prison. This means that if a person is found to have lied during a congressional hearing or investigation, or simply lied to an FBI or other federal agent, actual jail time could result. The difficulty that comes in prosecuting these crimes is the requirement that the statements be made knowingly or willingly. This allows those being accused of, or investigated for, perjury, to assert a lack of knowledge at the time of the statement that the statement was false. However, this may not be compelling enough to defeat or avoid a prosecution if co [United States Code, title 18,] section 1001has a long and distinguished history, and has been used against notable, convicted liars Rod Blagojevich, Scooter Libby, Bernard Madoff, Martha Stewart, and Jeffrey Skilling. Furthermore, some might recall that President Bill Clinton faced impeachment not because of the inappropriate relationship, but rather because he lied about the relationship. https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2017/03/what-are-the-penalties-for-lying-to-congress.html Of course she won't go to prison. I believe she could go to prison, but to a person, everyone on the TV says that they believe something happened to her that night but whatever it was, Kavanaugh didn't do it. That means that she still has the option of playing the "musta been horny space aliens " card, which would be perfectly acceptable to Feinstein and other Democrats of the Senate judiciary committee to let her off the hook.

Common Sense
09-28-2018, 11:25 AM
If indeed she is fabricating this story and has perjured herself, she should face the consequences.

Lummy
09-28-2018, 12:20 PM
She is fabricating this story, yes, except the part about the space aliens.

The Xl
09-28-2018, 12:22 PM
There is no way to prove that either he or she is lying. That makes it, or at least should make it, impossible for this to be used against him politically, or for her to face perjury charges. There is simply no way to prove some he said she said from 40 years ago. It's best if nothing happens to either and this is left alone. Both of their lives will take a hit from here on as it is, that's punishment enough.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 12:24 PM
No one is going to persue this.

Lummy
09-28-2018, 12:26 PM

Oh wait, that was me.

Common Sense
09-28-2018, 12:28 PM

How are you sure about that?

Do you see the irony here?

Lummy
09-28-2018, 12:28 PM

An example needs to be set to discourage this bullshit from ever happening again.

For the same reason, I have advocated for years that what needs to be done at our southern border is to mow down (and I don't mean with a Lawn Boy) a few dozen illegals entering the country and publish it all over the place, with the warning that this is what awaits anyone who enters the US illegally.

You wanna move to America, you wait in line like everyone else.

If we did that, we might not even need a wall.

The Xl
09-28-2018, 12:30 PM
An example needs to be set. For the same reason, I have advocated for years that what needs to be done at our southern border is to mow down a few dozen illegals entering the country and publish it all over the place, and I don't mean with a Lawn Boy.

If we did that, we might not even need a wall.
You can't prove she's lying, just as she can't prove he's lying. It's a stalemate. And you're being a retard with the illegal alien stuff. Just thought you should know. That's not how a civil or moral society works. We have ways to deal with it that don't include brutal murder.

Lummy
09-28-2018, 12:35 PM
Only because you're totally complacent.

Lummy
09-28-2018, 12:45 PM
You can't prove she's lying, just as she can't prove he's lying. It's a stalemate. And you're being a retard with the illegal alien stuff. Just thought you should know. That's not how a civil or moral society works. We have ways to deal with it that don't include brutal murder.

Nobody has to prove anything. She has already demonstrated herself to be a liar.

Hoosier8
09-28-2018, 12:46 PM
Only because you're totally complacent. Captdon is right. No one will pursue it.

exotix
09-28-2018, 01:38 PM
If her false and contradictory statements were made made knowingly or willingly, Christine Ford seems qualified for a jail term. Of course she won't go to prison. I believe she could go to prison, but to a person, everyone on the TV says that they believe something happened to her that night but whatever it was, Kavanaugh didn't do it. That means that she still has the option of playing the "musta been horny space aliens " card, which would be perfectly acceptable to Feinstein and other Democrats of the Senate judiciary committee to let her off the hook.Hilarious ... sending a victim of Ted Bundy to prison ... LOL

Lummy
09-28-2018, 01:55 PM
@Captdon (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2480) is right. No one will pursue it.

Don't reelect them ever. Don't elect Democrats. They're proven poison.

Captdon
09-28-2018, 07:38 PM
Only because you're totally complacent.

Nope. You aren't one to be taken seriously on anything. When this ends, people want it to end.

Chris
09-28-2018, 07:44 PM
This is silly. No doubt she made mistakes and contradicted herself in testimony. But that just doesn't constitute lying. (1) Make a false statement (2) knowing it's false (3) with intent to decieve--that constitutes a lie.

I'd say leave her alone.

Mini Me
09-29-2018, 02:21 PM
Don't reelect them ever. Don't elect Democrats. They're proven poison.

You are an extremist RWNJ, and prove this every time you post!

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 02:58 PM
Hilarious ... sending a victim of Ted Bundy to prison ... LOL

This is why no one can take you seriously.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2018, 03:00 PM
You are an extremist RWNJ, and prove this every time you post!

please. Try to be rational.