PDA

View Full Version : Leon Panetta to Toast Bin Laden's Death With 10,000 Dollar Bottle of Wine

Conley
11-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Last New Year's Eve Mr Panetta struck a wager with his friend of 40 years Ted Balestreri at a gathering in his home town of Monterey, California.

During the party in the cellar of Mr Balestreri's eatery the host showed two dozen guests his oldest bottle of wine, a Chateau Lafite Rothschild from 1870.

He refused to open it but said: "If Leon catches Osama bin Laden, we'll open that bottle."

Mr Panetta, who was at the time head of the CIA, reportedly replied: "You're on."

Four months later, when the al-Qaeda leader was shot dead by US Navy Seals in Abbottabad, Pakistan, Mr Panetta immediately called in the bet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-qaeda/8856224/Leon-Panetta-to-toast-Osama-bin-Ladens-death-with-10000-bottle-of-wine.html

So, I guess now we know what it was that finally pushed these guys to pull the trigger. They wanted to get their drink on! :o

MMC
11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
40yrs as Friends.....Hell yeah.....I would drink it down with my partner. All i can say is best have gotten me hammered.

jgreer
11-02-2011, 02:18 PM
The Obama administration earned it. They did what the Bush administration couldn't.

Peter1469
11-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Are you talking about getting bin Laden, or increasing the debt at the greatest pace in human history. God knows Bush tried to increase it more.

MMC
11-02-2011, 04:19 PM
The Obama administration earned it. They did what the Bush administration couldn't.

Yeah Obama gets the kudos.....but it was Bush who initiated it all with all Intelligence Branches.

Mister D
11-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Are you talking about getting bin Laden, or increasing the debt at the greatest pace in human history. God knows Bush tried to increase it more.

:D ;) Ain't that the truth.