PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought...

AZ Jim
10-02-2018, 05:38 PM
I have both friends and foes here, but this day, my 82nd Birthday, I can only say I really hope those of you yet facing the march of time that I hope your old age is better than mine has been... I mean this...

Standing Wolf
10-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Happy Birthday, Jim! Do yourself a big favor and swear off politics for your remaining years. Get a big bowl of your favorite ice cream and watch Netflix till they come and cart your ass away. Hey, you know the sun could go nova or some other cataclysmic event could wipe us all out in the next five minutes, so why agonize over a bunch of monkeys fighting to see who can grab the biggest bunch of bananas? Peace out, my Brother.

Chris
10-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Happy B'day, Jim. All the best.

hanger4
10-02-2018, 06:04 PM
Happy 82nd AZ Jim, hope you have many more goods years ahead. I very aware of the ravages of old age My mother just turned 99, my sister just turned 80 and her husband is 87. Which is why I spend half my time and sometimes more at there house.

Dr. Who
10-02-2018, 06:05 PM
I have both friends and foes here, but this day, my 82nd Birthday, I can only say I really hope those of you yet facing the march of time that I hope your old age is better than mine has been... I mean this...
Happy Birthday Jim. I hope that despite everything, you enjoyed your day. :smiley:

Captdon
10-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Happy Birthday. Grab a beer, sit outside, watch the sun set and tell the world to fuck off.

midcan5
10-02-2018, 06:27 PM
"Give yourself a gift: the present moment." Marcus Aurelius

Happy birthday young man.

'A Happy Birthday'

"This evening, I sat by an open window
and read till the light was gone and the book
was no more than a part of the darkness.
I could easily have switched on a lamp,
but I wanted to ride this day down into night,
to sit alone and smooth the unreadable page
with the pale gray ghost of my hand."

Ted Kooser

ripmeister
10-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Happy B-day Jim.

Ransom
10-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Happy Birthday, Jim, and many more Sir!

Trish
10-02-2018, 08:15 PM
Jim,

Wishing you a happy birthday filled with laughter and love. Thank you for sharing this special day with us.

gamewell45
10-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Jim, may you have a most happy birthday!

Captain Obvious
10-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Happy birthday Jim, you old fuckstick.

I hope I don't live that long.

:)

Just AnotherPerson
10-03-2018, 06:45 AM
I am late on this thread but Happy Birthday AZ Jim. I hope your birthday was the best.
Every single day that we have is a gift. It seems even more so the older we get. You are
appreciated, you are part of this dysfunctional family we call the Political Forum :)
Happy Birthday
JAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYYYAy0YSPs

southwest88
10-03-2018, 12:06 PM
Happy Birthday, Jim! Do yourself a big favor and swear off politics for your remaining years. Get a big bowl of your favorite ice cream and watch Netflix till they come and cart your ass away. Hey, you know the sun could go nova or some other cataclysmic event could wipe us all out in the next five minutes, so why agonize over a bunch of monkeys fighting to see who can grab the biggest bunch of bananas? Peace out, my Brother.
No, not enough mass. We orbit a fairly ordinary sun - which means no nova for us - @ least, not from our sun.

But yah, life is contingent.

Cannons Front
10-03-2018, 12:09 PM
Happy Birthday!!
Take some time relax do something fun......