PDA

View Full Version : More Details Emerge About Cain Settlement

Conley
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
WASHINGTON — The National Restaurant Association gave $35,000 — a year’s salary — in severance pay to a female staff member in the late 1990s after an encounter with Herman Cain, its chief executive at the time, made her uncomfortable working there, three people with direct knowledge of the payment said on Tuesday.

The woman was one of two whose accusations of sexual harassment by Mr. Cain, now a Republican candidate for president, led to paid severance agreements during his 1996-99 tenure as the association’s chief. Disclosure of the cases has rocked Mr. Cain’s campaign just as he was surging in polls.

Further challenging Mr. Cain, a lawyer for the second woman called on the restaurant association to release her from a confidentiality agreement signed as part of her settlement, raising the prospect that she could publicly dispute Mr. Cain’s account of what happened. The lawyer said the confidentiality agreement had left her unable to respond to Mr. Cain’s dismissal of the complaints against him as a “witch hunt” or to his denials of any inappropriate behavior toward the women.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/us/politics/herman-cain-accuser-got-a-years-salary-in-severance-pay.html?_r=1&hp

That's more money than I originally thought. The problem as I see it is not the he said/she said situation, it's that Cain initially lied about not ever being accused or settling. That will prove much more damning over the long haul.

GRUMPY
11-02-2011, 01:15 PM
that really is a rather silly analysis conley on a multitude of levels.....lets break this down....1 claims of sexual harassment like race have become a get out of work free/promote me or else card in the work place....this particular case according to reports involved words or gestures not overtly sexual but that made the gal feel uncomfortable, give me a break..... 2 cain continues to either rise or hold steady in the polls, the thinking breathing public well aware that this is basically a smear tactic employed by the left to take out minority conservatives who get so uppity as to leave the plantation...3 the godfather of the left and first actually black prez has been accused of groping one gal, raping another, paid up for exposing himself to another and clearly violated eeoc law within the oral orifice with yet another and this does even speak to years of infidelity all of which is excused due to his being a card carrying member of the left and of course being married to hillary and let us not forget the lion of the senate, g&t kennedy....i wonder if groping, exposing yourself, rape, infidelity and drowning gals rises to the level of harassment....4 by giving cain the bork/thomas/estrada etc tx the left is providing legitimacy to his campaign and elevating him much as it did palin....the problem with cain is cain....someone needs to explain to him goofing about not being current on who is calling the shots in anyone of the stans while amusing is not a foreign policy and that a flat tax exempts no one.....

Conley
11-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't think there have been any new polls since this news hit, so let's wait and see what the effect is? I am just sharing the news, I'm not accusing the guy of anything. Still the facts are that others smarter than myself have called him out for flipping on this issue.

Who are you supporting Grump? In the other thread it sounded like Romney but I can't think that would be the case.

GRUMPY
11-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I don't think there have been any new polls since this news hit, so let's wait and see what the effect is? I am just sharing the news, I'm not accusing the guy of anything. Still the facts are that others smarter than myself have called him out for flipping on this issue.

Who are you supporting Grump? In the other thread it sounded like Romney but I can't think that would be the case.

in what thread have i ever supported or promoted romney.....