PDA

View Full Version : Impeaching Kavanaugh

Robo
10-07-2018, 08:50 AM
It's being reported that Nancy Pelosi is promising the Democrat's base to impeach the newest Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh should the Democrats win the majority control of the People's House of Congress in November's election.

Here's a little primer for the Democrat base and their leader Nancy Pelosi.

Federal judges can only be impeached for "bad behavior", (article 3, United States Constitution) There's no corroborated evidence that Brett Kavanaugh has committed anything approaching bad behavior that would support his impeachment. However, should Nancy Pelosi be reelected as the Speaker Of The House after a Democrat victory in November, and Pelosi be successful in getting a majority of the House to vote for Kavanaugh's impeachment, impeachment is simply an indictment and any trial for impeachment would be done in the U.S. Senate. Any conviction of judge Kavanaugh to remove him from the Court would require 2/3 of the Senators voting to convict and remove him from the Court. So, unless the Democrats also win the Senate in November and unless they manage to capture 2/3 of the Senate, removing Kavanaugh from the Court seems to be a virtual impossibility.

I suggest that the leftist base take note of the Palosi promise as just so much more Pelosi bullshit.

Chris
10-07-2018, 09:01 AM
I'm sure the Dems want to impeach Kavanaugh as a substitute for Trump but I can't imagine them taking control of Congress any time soon.

Lummy
10-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Kavanaugh is more secure than Trump. Steve Bannon predicts that if Democrats take over the House in the midterms, they will impeach Trump.

Lummy
10-07-2018, 10:31 AM
It seems to me that a lot of what Democrat leadership says is disingenuously intended to pacify its minions -- yet one more reason why Democrats should abandon the party.

Peter1469
10-07-2018, 10:33 AM
If the dems take the House it is doubtful that Pelosi will become the Speaker.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2018, 02:33 PM
I'm sure the Dems want to impeach Kavanaugh as a substitute for Trump but I can't imagine them taking control of Congress any time soon.
They could take the house of reps, but lose seats in the Senate. If that happens they will shoot themselves in the foot by attempting to impeach both Trump and Kavanaugh, then open endless investigations into everyone in the Trump administration.

Peter1469
10-07-2018, 03:13 PM
It takes 2/3rd of the Senate to convict an impeached official. Not likely to happen.