PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant NRA Ad; No Editorial required, just view for yourself

Cigar
01-16-2013, 08:05 AM
New NRA ad comes under attackhttp://images.politico.com/global/2013/01/16/130116_obama_daughters_ap_328.jpg

The National Rifle Association on Tuesday released a controversial new ad (http://bcove.me/o3en9zdy) that makes reference to President Barack Obama’s daughters - sparking outrage from critics who charged the spot is over the line.
The video calls (http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/01/nra-targets-obama-on-daughters-security-154307.html?hp=t3_3) Obama an “elitist hypocrite” for not embracing armed guards in schools even as his daughters enjoy armed protection at their schools.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/new-nra-ad-comes-under-attack-86268.html#ixzz2I8uioYXp

I stood up and Cheered when I seen this Ad ... I mean, it's a stroke of genius. :f_applause::f_applause::f_applause::f_applause:

You really don't have to do anything to help the NRA ... they are doing all by themselves.

And isn't even about guns! The gun nexus is a perfunctory. It is, functionally, really about how Obama doesn't care about people like you, that he raised your taxes, and that Obama's kids go to a better school then your kids do. But in reality, 9 out of 10 people who are NRA members, don't make over $450k a year and had no problem with any of the 3 previous Republican Presidents who were for Gun regulations and implemented regulations.

Amazing :occasion14: folks, we're witnessing a wonderful meltdown, it's truly a joy to watch.

hanger4
01-16-2013, 08:19 AM
What in the ad is untrue ??

Cigar
01-16-2013, 08:27 AM
What in the ad is untrue ??

In your world ... Nothing. :f_cheers:

Please keep up the good work

keymanjim
01-16-2013, 08:31 AM
You know, ciggy, when you quote someone else to make yourself look smarter, you should provide a link.
Here, I'll do it for you:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022200162

Like you even know what the word "perfunctory" means.

Mainecoons
01-16-2013, 08:33 AM
That source is hardly likely to make anyone look smarter, particularly Cigar for whom that is a functional impossibility.

:rofl:

Carygrant
01-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Details , details .
The most important thing is to slowly strangle odious organisations that ultimately do more damage to kids than paedophiles .imo .

Agravan
01-16-2013, 08:41 AM

Ok, so what in YOUR world is not true about the ad?

Cigar
01-16-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't think it's true that Ronald Regan and both George Bush's where hypocrites for having security for their own children, while they themselves supported Gun Restrictions.

Cigar
01-16-2013, 08:47 AM
That source is hardly likely to make anyone look smarter, particularly Cigar for whom that is a functional impossibility.

:rofl:

BAM http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/01/nra-ad-calls-obama-elitist-hypocrite-ahead-of-gun-violence-plan/

http://www.sicma21.com/images/footer-scroll/damm.jpg

hanger4
01-16-2013, 09:05 AM
I don't think it's true that Ronald Regan and both George Bush's where hypocrites for having security for their own children, while they themselves supported Gun Restrictions.

I think they were/are hypocrites, just like you and Obama.

How many other elitists scream for, work/advocate for stronger gun control or bans of some sort

yet walk around with armed security, live and/or work in places with armed security ??

And have the cajones to tell me/others since we don't have the money to hire/pay for all that security

we aren't allowed !!

Cigar
01-16-2013, 09:06 AM
I think they were/are hypocrites, just like you and Obama.

How many other elitists scream for, work/advocate for stronger gun control or bans of some sort

yet walk around with armed security, live and/or work in places with armed security ??

And have the cajones to tell me/others since we don't have the money to hire/pay for all that security

we aren't allowed !!

Brilliant Plan ... Please stick with it. :icon_thumleft:

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HorseD/2013/HorseD20130116_low.jpg

Agravan
01-16-2013, 09:45 AM

hanger4
01-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Brilliant Plan ... Please stick with it. :icon_thumleft:

This must really be over your head Cigar, I offered no plan !!

Just calling the elitists hypocrites.

patrickt
01-16-2013, 10:45 AM
President Obama is an elitist millionaire who doesn't know how much is enough, especially if it's taxpayer money and he is clearly a hypocrite. Lifetime armed protection for him and you, well, you can pound sand.

nic34
01-16-2013, 10:53 AM
President Obama is an elitist millionaire who doesn't know how much is enough, especially if it's taxpayer money and he is clearly a hypocrite. Lifetime armed protection for him and you, well, you can pound sand.

So you think "Lifetime armed protection" is too much?

Let us know how long is enough, before your compadres decide he's fair game....

Oh, btw, who took your gun?

Cigar
01-16-2013, 12:09 PM
"Most Americans agree that a president's children should not be used as pawns in a political fight. But to go so far as to make the safety of the president's children the subject of an attack ad is repugnant and cowardly," White House spokesman Jay Carney said

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/16/us-usa-guns-obama-nra-idUSBRE90F12W20130116

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_g70pMHNa6wQ/TB9bjDr1yTI/AAAAAAAABDk/HAYNPvk0qkk/s1600/cheney_nra_gun.jpg

hanger4
01-16-2013, 12:22 PM
"Most Americans agree that a president's children should not be used as pawns in a political fight. But to go so far as to make the safety of the president's children the subject of an attack ad is repugnant and cowardly," White House spokesman Jay Carney said

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/16/us-usa-guns-obama-nra-idUSBRE90F12W20130116

Carney calling political attack ads "repugnant and cowardly" is funny to say the lest.

Especially after this campaign season.

Mister D
01-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Details , details .
The most important thing is to slowly strangle odious organisations that ultimately do more damage to kids than paedophiles .imo .

What a bizarre thing to say. Perchance, do you like to..uh...touch children?

Cigar
01-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Carney calling political attack ads "repugnant and cowardly" is funny to say the lest.

Especially after this campaign season.

It's not so Funny if you lost. :)

patrickt
01-16-2013, 01:55 PM
So you think "Lifetime armed protection" is too much?

Let us know how long is enough, before your compadres decide he's fair game....

Oh, btw, who took your gun?

I don't have a gun, nitwit, and my compadres aren't the ones who organize purges of political enemies. That would be, right, your friends, Nic.

President Obama is opposed to you defending your home with a firearm but wants armed bodyguards for life at taxpayer expense.

Hypocritical? You bet. Expensive? You bet. For a multimillionaire? You bet.

Cigar
01-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Fewer idiots with Guns is a good thing.

Chris
01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Details , details .

Quite perfunctory!

Chris
01-16-2013, 01:58 PM

Speaking for yourself, of course.

Cigar
01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Speaking for yourself, of course.

One way to find out ...

Deadwood
01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
As much as I am dubious about ANYTHING NRA, I LOVE that ad.

When the chattering class goes nuts, when they start objecting to what is being said about their idol, you KNOW you hit the truth button.

Obama IS an elitist snob...he's never had to get his hands dirty, never had to associate with poor people, he's had a silver spoon in his ass since he was born.

The ad looks good on him.

Deadwood
01-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Ok, so what in YOUR world is not true about the ad?

Notice the diversion?

Liars and thieves never answer a question directly.

In this case the mature of the illness is so advanced 'blame it on Bush' is now a way of life and everything gets turned around to your fault...

And no need to ask about 'his world', there is no real way to get there without medications...a lot of powerful meds

Cigar
01-16-2013, 02:08 PM
As much as I am dubious about ANYTHING NRA, I LOVE that ad.

When the chattering class goes nuts, when they start objecting to what is being said about their idol, you KNOW you hit the truth button.

Obama IS an elitist snob...he's never had to get his hands dirty, never had to associate with poor people, he's had a silver spoon in his ass since he was born.

The ad looks good on him.

Personally I hope the NRA just continues doing what they are doing ... they are doing a Bang Up Job ... Keep Up the Great Work!

Chris
01-16-2013, 02:13 PM
One way to find out ...

Is that a threat?

Mister D
01-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Is that a threat?

And Cigar is the guy who doesn't care about that silly reputation stuff but he will threaten people on message boards. :laugh:

Chris
01-16-2013, 02:29 PM
A dollar to a donut he denies the threat.

Mister D
01-16-2013, 02:33 PM
No way I'll touch that one. :grin:

hanger4
01-16-2013, 02:35 PM
It's not so Funny if you lost. :)

So political attack ads are OK if you win ??

You take great pride in your hypocrisy don't you ??

Mister D
01-16-2013, 02:38 PM

I don't know. Sometimes he seems too stupid to see it.

Cigar
01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
And Cigar is the guy who doesn't care about that silly reputation stuff but he will threaten people on message boards. :laugh:

No i actually invite people to a personal sit down, so that we can get to know each other better. :)

Cigar
01-16-2013, 02:41 PM
No way I'll touch that one. :grin:

Smart move ...

Cigar
01-16-2013, 02:42 PM

Do you feel attacked when your nose is rubbed in it ... ?

Mister D
01-16-2013, 02:47 PM
No i actually invite people to a personal sit down, so that we can get to know each other better. :)

You're 50 years old. Stop embarrassing yourself. :rollseyes: Anyway, you're in hypocrisy mode today, huh?

hanger4
01-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Do you feel attacked when your nose is rubbed in it ... ?

No, actually I feel sorry for you.

You make a fool of yourself attempting to rub my nose in your hypocrisy.

Cigar
01-16-2013, 02:50 PM
You're 50 years old. Stop embarrassing yourself. :rollseyes: Anyway, you're in hypocrisy mode today, huh?

I stand by what I say ... and I say what I mean ... and I sometimes pickup the first round afterwards, I'll supply straws if you like. . :)

Chris
01-16-2013, 02:51 PM
I stand by what I say ... and I say what I mean ... and I sometimes pickup the first round afterwards, I'll supply straws if you like. . :)

Do you also supply the shit kickers? It's getting deep.

Cigar
01-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Do you also supply the shit kickers? It's getting deep.

Shouldn't be so short :)

Peter1469
01-16-2013, 03:52 PM
The ad is not really about Obama's kids.

It is about Obama's belief that schools don't need armed guards...

nic34
01-16-2013, 03:56 PM
No, schools don't need armed teachers.

Deadwood
01-16-2013, 04:06 PM

You do?

Holy shit. My mind is going. I seem to recall a Cigar who admitted rather forthrightly the night of the first debate that Romney had won.

And that same Cigar completely reversing himself the very next morning....

Hmmmmm

could there be two Cigars?

Somehow I doubt that. I suspect the laws of natural selection would prevent that.

So I call bullshit. You've never stood behind ANYTHING you've claimed, not once.

On your best day you do nothing more than leave a putrid stink...:pw:

zelmo1234
01-16-2013, 06:33 PM

OK how about here on planet earth in the United States of America was there anything unture in that video now?

zelmo1234
01-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Details , details .

Yes but we have to wait for the mid term elections to stop some of these fools from putting children in danger!

zelmo1234
01-16-2013, 06:41 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_g70pMHNa6wQ/TB9bjDr1yTI/AAAAAAAABDk/HAYNPvk0qkk/s1600/cheney_nra_gun.jpg

I think that it is discusting that they used any children for political reasons. But the President made the choice to put children on the stage with him today when calling for his political position to be implemented!

He opened the door that should ahve remained shut. but if you lob the first bomb, you can not be upset when the other side strikes back.

zelmo1234
01-16-2013, 06:42 PM

How is that working our in areas that restrict gun ownership liek I don't know lets say Chicago!

zelmo1234
01-16-2013, 06:43 PM
One way to find out ...

I'm your HuckleBerry!