PDA

View Full Version : Statement by Gov. Perry on President Obama’s Executive Actions

Agravan
01-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Statement by Gov. Perry on President Obama’s Executive ActionsWednesday, January 16, 2013 • Austin, Texas • Press Release

Gov. Rick Perry released the following statement regarding President Obama's executive actions:"The Vice President's committee was appointed in response to the tragedy at Newtown, but very few of his recommendations have anything to do with what happened there.
"Guns require a finger to pull the trigger. The sad young man who did that in Newtown was clearly haunted by demons and no gun law could have saved the children in Sandy Hook Elementary from his terror.
"There is evil prowling in the world - it shows up in our movies, video games and online fascinations, and finds its way into vulnerable hearts and minds. As a free people, let us choose what kind of people we will be. Laws, the only redoubt of secularism, will not suffice. Let us all return to our places of worship and pray for help. Above all, let us pray for our children.
http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/18060/

countryboy
01-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Stand by for liberal "outrage". :wink:

RollingWave
01-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Yes, because the US is the only country with violent video games and show hollywood movie?

not that I agree with Obama's approach (predictably won't work either politically or practically ), but this sort of counter reasoning is equally bad.

Pete7469
01-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Playing Mario Bros in the late 80's didn't cause me to stomp on turtles and eat mushrooms.

However I find it plausible that extremely violent games could be bad for some kids. Rick Perry is right to point out that the moonbat messiah doesn't give a damn about anyone else's kids safety also.

nic34
01-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Playing Mario Bros in the late 80's didn't cause me to stomp on turtles and eat mushrooms.

Sure, that's what you dudes :headbang:all say....

Deadwood
01-17-2013, 05:06 PM
It was the Roadrunner...

That fucking bird nailed Wiley Coyote EVERY time....

That's where the violence comes from...

Perry is absolutely right that Biden's bullshit has nothing to do with Newtown and NOT ONE of these idiotic ideas would change one damn thing that happened there.

Once again, where we had an opportunity for the president to show leadership, compromise and reason he has started a war instead. He dispatched an incompetent drunk whose main talent is irritating the opposition to throw a rock in the wasp's nest that is the second amendment. As usual, Obama has moved to bring out the worst in people.

Not one life will be saved by any of this; the most prodigious by product will be C02...from the mouths of the bombastic bonehead Obamabots......

RollingWave
01-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Again, I agree that the acts are not helpful, but stressing video games and hollywood seems equally unproductive and fuels the image or paranoia . I could point out that for one thing, crime generally has gone down in the country since the 80s by a lot. (and generally across the world as well in all stable country) . while if crazy video game / anime / movies were a significant factor , then Japan should have already been in ruins by now if you have any idea what they show over there ;)