PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Who would YOU say is the real genius?

AZ Jim
10-24-2018, 05:37 PM

MrMike
10-24-2018, 05:39 PM
Ahem...

https://bellagwalia.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/13501892_10154247645050011_5540654096968837435_n.j pg

Captdon
10-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Einstein was a genius in science. He couldn't balance his checkbook. Jim, being 82 is no excuse for this.

Mini Me
10-24-2018, 05:51 PM
Nourial Roubini! He predicted the economic collapse way back in 2004!

Tahuyaman
10-24-2018, 06:14 PM
Einstein was a genius in science. He couldn't balance his checkbook. Jim, being 82 is no excuse for this.

That made me laugh.

I once read that it is now suspected that Einstein was autistic.

jimmyz
10-24-2018, 06:14 PM
It's about time we got a nationalist POTUS. It used to be a given.

Tahuyaman
10-24-2018, 06:15 PM
Nourial Roubini! He predicted the economic collapse way back in 2004!

Who predicted the current reviving of the economy?

Tahuyaman
10-24-2018, 06:17 PM
It's about time we got a nationalist POTUS. It used to be a given.

Actually I think we’ve only had one president who wasn’t a nationalist.

Common
10-24-2018, 06:50 PM
I dont know whos a genius but I can easily identify who isnt

nathanbforrest45
10-24-2018, 08:56 PM
What is wrong about putting your country as your top priority? We, the people, elected the president, not the people of Canada or New Zealand or Germany.

Common Sense
10-24-2018, 09:04 PM

The economy has been on a steady uptick since 2009.

Common Sense
10-24-2018, 09:12 PM
What is wrong about putting your country as your top priority? We, the people, elected the president, not the people of Canada or New Zealand or Germany.

There's really nothing wrong with putting your country as a top priority. However nationalism goes beyond that. Nationalism often implies superiority and opposition to other nations. Nationalism goes beyond simple patriotism.

Trump is well aware, or should be aware of the historical implications of the term. When he said "we're not supposed to use that word", it implies to me that he's well aware of the historical and political implications.

Green Arrow
10-24-2018, 10:25 PM
2010, actually. 2009 was still a down year by all relevant figures.

Cletus
10-24-2018, 10:31 PM
There's really nothing wrong with putting your country as a top priority. However nationalism goes beyond that. Nationalism often implies superiority and opposition to other nations. Nationalism goes beyond simple patriotism.

Trump is well aware, or should be aware of the historical implications of the term. When he said "we're not supposed to use that word", it implies to me that he's well aware of the historical and political implications.

"Nationalism" has a specific meaning. If people have misused it over the years, it is up to you to correct them and use the word properly. There is nothing negative about being a nationalist.

Common Sense
10-24-2018, 10:35 PM
"Nationalism" has a specific meaning. If people have misused it over the years, it is up to you to correct them and use the word properly. There is nothing negative about being a nationalist.
Words have meaning and some words have meaning in historical context. Nationalism is one of those.

Trump knew that. That's why he said "not supposed to".

There are certainly negative connotations to the term.

nathanbforrest45
10-24-2018, 10:46 PM
Words have meaning and some words have meaning in historical context. Nationalism is one of those.

There are also negative connotations to the term Canadian. It can mean a busybody who meddles in the affairs of other countries.

Cletus
10-24-2018, 10:46 PM
There are only negative connotations to people who don't know what the word means. I can post the definition if it will help you.

I can't control what stupid people think. If they want to assign a meaning to a word that's fine, but that doesn't mean anyone other than other stupid people are going to accept it. I could say "Nationalism" means you like purple cows and my definition would have as much validity as those who assign a negative connotation to the word.

Webster is your friend.

Definition of nationalism
1: loyalty and devotion to a nation especially : a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or
supranational (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/supranational) groups

That is what I would expect from the leader of a nation, and from any loyal citizen, as well.

Common Sense
10-24-2018, 10:54 PM
There are also negative connotations to the term Canadian. It can mean a busybody who meddles in the affairs of other countries.
Lol...

Common Sense
10-24-2018, 11:00 PM
There are only negative connotations to people who don't know what the word means. I can post the definition if it will help you.

I can't control what stupid people think. If they want to assign a meaning to a word that's fine, but that doesn't mean anyone other than other stupid people are going to accept it. I could say "Nationalism" means you like purple cows and my definition would have as much validity as those who assign a negative connotation to the word.

Webster is your friend.

Definition of nationalism
1: loyalty and devotion to a nation especially : a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or
supranational (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/supranational) groups

That is what I would expect from the leader of a nation, and from any loyal citizen, as well.

How is it stupid to acknowledge the historical context of a word?

I suggest you look beyond a brief dictionary definition

Cletus
10-24-2018, 11:03 PM

What is stupid is to give a word a meaning it is not intended to have just because some people misuse it.

Webster has set the standard for American English for many years. There is no need to "look beyond" it.

Now, if you had said "Ultra Nationalist" to describe someone with extreme nationalist views, you might have a point in saying there is a negative connotation attached, but there is not to the word "nationalist" itself (except to stupid people).

Common Sense
10-24-2018, 11:13 PM
What is stupid is to give a word a meaning it is not intended to have just because some people misuse it.

Webster has set the standard for American English for many years. There is no need to "look beyond" it.
What's stupid is to ignore history for partisan reasons.

Nationalism isn't wholly bad, but it is far more complex than just a dictionary definition. Historically it's a very important term.

The word "American" is defined as a native or inhabitant of North or South America or a native or inhabitant of the US, but clearly the word has a deeper meaning than that.

Trump understands the word has historical connotations...that's why he added his caveat.

Cletus
10-24-2018, 11:21 PM
The word "American" is defined as a native or inhabitant of North or South America or a native or inhabitant of the US, but clearly the word has a deeper meaning than that.

Here we go again.
American English: noun (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/noun) Definition of American English : the English language as spoken in the U.S. — used especially with the implication that it is clearly distinguishable from British English yet not so divergent as to be a separate language

Common Sense
10-24-2018, 11:31 PM
Here we go again.
American English: noun (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/noun) Definition of American English

: the English language as spoken in the U.S. — used especially with the implication that it is clearly distinguishable from British English yet not so divergent as to be a separate language

I said American, not American English.

According to Webster, I can call myself an American.

Cletus
10-24-2018, 11:44 PM

Yes, I know. However, I cited AMERICAN ENGLISH, to which you made your "American" reply. I must assume you either did not know AMERICAN ENGLISH is a common use term or you were trying to deflect.

Sure you can, but is that somehow relevant to this discussion?

Common Sense
10-24-2018, 11:49 PM
Yes, I know. However, I cited AMERICAN ENGLISH, to which you made your "American" reply. I must assume you either did not know AMERICAN ENGLISH is a common use term or you were trying to deflect.

Sure you can, but is that somehow relevant to this discussion?

I'm not really sure what you're getting at with American English. I know it's a common term. And?

My point is, some words have broader meanings that go beyond simplistic dictionary definitions.

If I were to call myself an American, it would be technically accurate but not in accordance with the historical usage or meaning.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 12:39 AM
Not anything close to what it is now. Obama himself said that the current level of economic growth is impossible. He said even 3% growth was impossible.

He hoped it was impossible because he believed America cheated to get where we got in first place. Obama was a complete failure economically. He preached that America was in decline and that we deserved to be in decline.

I’d be more than willing to kick his silly little ass.

Common Sense
10-25-2018, 01:02 AM
Not anything close to what it is now. Obama himself said that the current level of economic growth is impossible. He said even 3% growth was impossible.

He hoped it was impossible because he believed America cheated to get where we got in first place. Obama was a complete failure economically. He preached that America was in decline and that we deserved to be in decline.
Trump's tax cuts have certainly had a positive effect on economic growth. How that will effect the debt and deficit is still unclear.

Trump deserves credit, but so does Obama. The economy, unemployment and job growth have been steadily improving for a decade.

The idea that Obama wanted or thought the US deserved economic decline is just silly. Do you really believe Obama hates America? Come on...that's nonsense and I hope you know that.

Ethereal
10-25-2018, 01:05 AM
...I hope you know that.

You are quite the optimist.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 01:11 AM
Trump's tax cuts have certainly had a positive effect on economic growth. How that will effect the debt and deficit is still unclear.

Trump deserves credit, but so does Obama. The economy, unemployment and job growth have been steadily improving for a decade.

The idea that Obama wanted or thought the US deserved economic decline is just silly. Do you really believe Obama hates America? Come on...that's nonsense and I hope you know that.
Obama said that 1% economic growth was the new normal. That’s what he wanted. Obama was a failure.

Obama believed that America had cheated to get ahead. I’m glad he’s in the rear view mirror.

Common Sense
10-25-2018, 01:30 AM
Obama said that 1% economic growth was the new normal. That’s what he wanted. Obama was a failure.

Obama believed that America had cheated to get ahead. I’m glad he’s in the rear view mirror.

Ok.

Are you talking about GDP growth? Yes, Trump's economy hit 4.1% growth in the second quarter of 2018.

Thats great, but not as high as some quarters under Obama like 5.1% in a quarter in 2014.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/188185/percent-chance-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

The idea that Obama didn't want what was best for the country is hard not to see as blind partisanship.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 01:44 AM
Ok.

Are you talking about GDP growth? Yes, Trump's economy hit 4.1% growth in the second quarter of 2018.

Thats great, but not as high as some quarters under Obama like 5.1% in a quarter in 2014.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/188185/percent-chance-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

The idea that Obama didn't want what was best for the country is hard not to see as blind partisanship.
Obama said more than 3% was impossible. Obama’s policies were an economic failure. He was as a failure. We are now recovering from his failures.

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 08:51 AM
Obama said more than 3% was impossible. Obama’s policies were an economic failure. He was as a failure. We are now recovering from his failures.

Cite the relevant figures.

Captdon
10-25-2018, 10:28 AM

Under Trump it hasn't been a steady uptick. It has been an explosion. Obama was proven wrong in one year. Obama was a pretty boy with no talent.

Captdon
10-25-2018, 10:30 AM

He knows what the left will say- anything , no matter how idiotic. I'm a nationalist. To hell with letting others suck off us. I take care of my own first.

Captdon
10-25-2018, 10:31 AM

To some but that's their problem.

Captdon
10-25-2018, 10:35 AM

Then we need to get rid of the National League, the NFL. the NBA, the NHL and so on and so on until all the fools are satisfied.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Cite the relevant figures.

You need proof to support the claim that our economy is growing at a rate Obama once said was impossible to achieve?

Captdon
10-25-2018, 10:39 AM

Obama did nothing to help the economy come out of the recession. The were were only two things that could have happened. Fortunately, we got the right one.

Obama- 2% growth. Manufacturing isn't coming back.

Trump- bullshit. Watch this.

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 10:45 AM
Under Trump it hasn't been a steady uptick. It has been an explosion. Obama was proven wrong in one year. Obama was a pretty boy with no talent.

By what metric is it an “explosion”?

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 10:46 AM
You need proof to support the claim that our economy is growing at a rate Obama once said was impossible to achieve?

Proof of the claim that Obama was an “economic failure” and the recovery started with Trump.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 10:54 AM
Proof of the claim that Obama was an “economic failure” and the recovery started with Trump.
Obama was the first US president ever to never achieve 3% GDP growth in at least one year.

I never said that the recovery started with Trump. It accelerated with Trump. Obama's policies held it back. Obama was a failure.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Here's our most recent past president making a fool of himself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6g10WhdC2ag

Common Sense
10-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Obama was the first US president ever to never achieve 3% GDP growth in at least one year.

I never said that the recovery started with Trump. It accelerated with Trump. Obama's policies held it back. Obama was a failure.

I suggest you take a look at this chart of quarterly growth from 2011 to 2018.

The actual statistics don't support your narrative. It's possible that your hatred of Obama has clouded your judgment just as the hatred of Trump has clouded the judgment of others.

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 11:10 AM

Cite your evidence, please.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 11:11 AM

The actual statistics don't support your narrative. It's possible that your hatred of Obama has clouded your judgment just as the hatred of Trump has clouded the judgment of others.

Obama's economy never once had a year of 3% GDP growth and that is an undisputed fact. Period.

Captdon
10-25-2018, 11:14 AM

https://money.cnn.com/gallery/news/economy/2017/01/06/obama-economy-10-charts-final/3.html

Captdon
10-25-2018, 11:16 AM

From CNN, your source of all that's right:

https://money.cnn.com/gallery/news/economy/2017/01/06/obama-economy-10-charts-final/3.html

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 11:18 AM

http://checkyourfact.com/2017/08/31/fact-check-trump-claims-gdp-never-hit-3-under-obama/

President Donald Trump claimed that annual economic growth never reached 3 percent under former President Barack Obama in a speech (https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/08/30/remarks-president-trump-tax-reform-springfield-mo) on tax reform Wednesday.
Verdict: True

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 11:25 AM
No what do you say?

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 11:31 AM

Which of those is supposed to be bad? The closest I could see is the food stamp one.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 11:33 AM
I guess even when shown the facts, people can still deny them.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 11:35 AM
From CNN, your source of all that's right:

Obama's economy never once had a year of at least 3% growth. He was the first president ever to have such a record.

Hoosier8
10-25-2018, 11:46 AM

Meh. The usual redefining reality based on TDS.

Nationalism - The belief that nations will benefit from acting independently rather than collectively, emphasizing national rather than international goals.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 11:47 AM
There is nothing negative about being a nationalist.

Hoosier8
10-25-2018, 11:51 AM
There is nothing negative about being a nationalist.

They usually add “white” to it because, well, Trump is white. But then if you’re black you would be a black nationalist or if you are oriental you would be an oriental nationalist.

Common Sense
10-25-2018, 11:51 AM
I guess even when shown the facts, people can still deny them.
You certainly have.

Economic growth was steady from 2010 on...yet you claim Obama hated America, was a failure and Trump is solely responsible for the current state of the economy.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 12:04 PM
You certainly have.

Economic growth was steady from 2010 on...yet you claim Obama hated America, was a failure and Trump is solely responsible for the current state of the economy.

Obama never once presided over an economy which had an annual growth rate of 3%. That's a fact.

I never said Trump is "solely" responsible. Why do you make shit up? Certainly he has presided over a much stronger economy than we've become accustomed to.

Obama said that this type of economic growth was gone forever. He said the jobs which left the country were gone forever. He was wrong.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 12:06 PM
Liberals are disturbed by facts.

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 12:07 PM
http://checkyourfact.com/2017/08/31/fact-check-trump-claims-gdp-never-hit-3-under-obama/

President Donald Trump claimed that annual economic growth never reached 3 percent under former President Barack Obama in a speech (https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/08/30/remarks-president-trump-tax-reform-springfield-mo) on tax reform Wednesday.
Verdict: True

For context, Obama said it was almost impossible for 3% growth for a whole year. Most economists agree, and it hasn’t happened since 2005’s 3.3%. Trump hasn’t had a year of 3% either.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 12:08 PM
They usually add “white” to it because, well, Trump is white. But then if you’re black you would be a black nationalist or if you are oriental you would be an oriental nationalist.
If you add "white" or "black" to the concept then you are not a nationalist. Race is irrelevant to the concept of nationalism.

Common Sense
10-25-2018, 12:09 PM
For context, Obama said it was almost impossible for 3% growth for a whole year. Most economists agree, and it hasn’t happened since 2005’s 3.3%. Trump hasn’t had a year of 3% either.

...not to mention Trump's record quarter still hasn't topped Obamas 5.1%.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 12:09 PM
So now you are admitting that I am correct in stating Obama's economic record. That's a start.

Hoosier8
10-25-2018, 12:11 PM
If you add "white" or "black" to the concept then you are not a nationalist. Race is irrelevant to the concept of nationalism.

How about a nationalist that is white?

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 12:14 PM
So now you are admitting that I am correct in stating Obama's economic record. That's a start.

Yes, you are correct that Obama never had a year of 3% growth. It has not happened since 2005, and so far looks unlikely for Trump’s first two years.

Captain Obvious
10-25-2018, 12:15 PM
...not to mention Trump's record quarter still hasn't topped Obamas 5.1%.

Bammynomics = playing to the exception naturally. If all you have are straws then grasp them if you must.

The economy under Bammy was a dog at best. Not Bush's fault, Bammy's fault.

Trump came along and like a boss immefiately got it running.

Boom!

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Yes, you are correct that Obama never had a year of 3% growth. It has not happened since 2005, and so far looks unlikely for Trump’s first two years.
Our economy is now growing at a greater rate than it has in over a decade. There's a reason for that and it isn't happenstance.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 12:23 PM
How about a nationalist that is white?

Then that person is a nationalist who happens to be white.

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Bammynomics = playing to the exception naturally. If all you have are straws then grasp them if you must.

Boom!

Literally none of the relevant metrics support that narrative.

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Our economy is now growing at a greater rate than it has in over a decade. There's a reason for that and it isn't happenstance.

Are you measuring that claim by the GDP?

Captain Obvious
10-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Literally none of the relevant metrics support that narrative.

No idea what that means but if you're spinning and cherry picking to suggest that there hasn't been a huge economic rebound after 8 years of blah then you will look silly.

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 01:30 PM
No idea what that means but if you're spinning and cherry picking to suggest that there hasn't been a huge economic rebound after 8 years of blah then you will look silly.

What it means is no matter which relevant metric you point to - unemployment, GDP, whatever - everything was trending up from 2010 to the present.

I don’t see how it’s cherry-picking to point to every marker of economic health to form a broad picture. I also don’t see how it’s spin, considering I’ve been a pretty strong Obama critic for years. I just don’t see a point in making stuff up.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Are you measuring that claim by the GDP?
Our economy is more healthy and growing at a consistently higher rate now than at any time in the last decade by any measure.

Job growth, wage growth, GDP; everything is rising. Revenues into government are rising because of cuts in tax rates. Now if the Congress could limit their spending habits, we'd be in tall cotton.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 02:20 PM

Let them look silly. They look even sillier when they credit Obama for the current upward trends.

Green Arrow
10-25-2018, 02:21 PM
Our economy is more healthy and growing at a consistently higher rate now than at any time in the last decade by any measure.

Job growth, wage growth, GDP; everything is rising. Revenues into government are rising because of cuts in tax rates. Now if the Congress could limit their spending habits, we'd be in tall cotton.

Right, but that rise started in 2010 and hasn’t been that much more significant under Trump than it was in Obama’s last year.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 02:23 PM
What it means is no matter which relevant metric you point to - unemployment, GDP, whatever - everything was trending up from 2010 to the present.

I don’t see how it’s cherry-picking to point to every marker of economic health to form a broad picture. I also don’t see how it’s spin, considering I’ve been a pretty strong Obama critic for years. I just don’t see a point in making stuff up.

The upward trend was anemic and weak. It's much stronger today. We are at a point now where we have more jobs than people to fill them.

Nothing is being "made up".

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Right, but that rise started in 2010 and hasn’t been that much more significant under Trump than it was in Obama’s last year.

That is just not true. The resurgence of the economy in the last two years is quite significant.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 02:33 PM
The projected growth rate for 2018 is 3.3%. I'd be willing to bet that we will surpass that.

ripmeister
10-25-2018, 02:37 PM

Remind me what the rate of deficit growth is.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 02:47 PM
Remind me what the rate of deficit growth is.
Congress needs to limit spending. Especially in a period where revenues flowing in to government are rising.

Congress needs to actually make their deeds match their words. They all claim to be in favor of reducing debt, but they never support any debt reduction proposals.

ripmeister
10-25-2018, 04:27 PM
Congress needs to limit spending. Especially in a period where revenues flowing in to government are rising.

Congress needs to actually make their deeds match their words. They all claim to be in favor of reducing debt, but they never support any debt reduction proposals.
I forget. How much did the tax cut add to the debt?

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 04:37 PM
I forget. How much did the tax cut add to the debt?
It added nothing to the debt. Revenues into government increased. However, spending increased even more. Increased revenues don't cause debt. Increased spending beyond the level of the revenue increase causes debt.

It's like your own budget. If you get an increase in your pay, that doesn't cause your level of debt to increase unless you obligate to spend more than your increase in pay.

Does this really need to be told to a supposed adult?

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 04:41 PM
How is it that liberals can't seem to grasp basic common sense?

Don29palms
10-25-2018, 05:40 PM
How is it that liberals can't seem to grasp basic common sense?

Even Common Sense can't answer that.

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Even Common Sense can't answer that.
It’s just odd that they can’t seem to identify the cause of debt. They actually think collecting more revenues causes debt. It’s weird.

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 12:31 AM
Actually I think we’ve only had one president who wasn’t a nationalist.
Just one?

We have Obama for sure. But then too if you subtract Joe Biden's brilliant 1994 Crime Bill, Bill Clinton was America's 1st Black President. Therefore Slick Willy Clinton clearly was not a nationalist, when you look at how he uplifted proud Black citizens. That truly is NOT a GOP Republican practice, since pre-1970.

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 12:35 AM
It added nothing to the debt.

I think it is important how we cannot say the same about Bush43 & Obama's corporate welfare program. Yes from 2008-'09 they handed out unprecedented stimulus/bailouts which we taxpayers are still paying for in 2018.

Tahuyaman
10-30-2018, 12:41 AM
Just one?

We have Obama for sure. But then too if you subtract Joe Biden's brilliant 1994 Crime Bill, Bill Clinton was America's 1st Black President. Therefore Slick Willy Clinton clearly was not a nationalist, when you look at how he uplifted proud Black citizens. That truly is NOT a GOP Republican practice, since pre-1970.

Race is irrelevant to American nationalism.

Tahuyaman
10-30-2018, 12:42 AM
I think it is important how we cannot say the same about Bush43 & Obama's corporate welfare program. Yes from 2008-'09 they handed out unprecedented stimulus/bailouts which we taxpayers are still paying for in 2018.

Is it corporate welfare to allow corporations to keep more of their earnings?

Obama’s stimulus package was basically taxpayers paying back his big donors.

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 03:25 AM
...their earnings...

This is not about corporations keeping their earnings. Especially since they prosper by way of cheating We The People with the help of politicians.

Taxpayers are on the hook for that stimulus and bailouts, but hey, feel free to play pretend that it's just corporations keeping more of their earnings

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 03:28 AM
Race is irrelevant to American nationalism.
I don't think the KKK got your memo ---nor did several GOP White-Supremacist Republicans :cool2:

Captdon
10-30-2018, 10:06 AM
Just one?

Oh, it's two. Wow, just wow. Clinton didn't do a damn thing for Blacks.

Tahuyaman
10-30-2018, 10:11 AM
Wrong. Blacks are never going to be American nationalists. They won't even admit they're Black Nationalists anymore.It takes away from calling whites WN. It's a political trick that white liberals taught them.
Race is not a part of American nationalism.

Captdon
10-30-2018, 10:13 AM
I don't think the KKK got your memo ---nor did several GOP White-Supremacist Republicans :cool2:

There are 1263 KKK members. 1094 of them are undercover FBI agents.

https:www.FBI.KKK.undercover.org

Tahuyaman
10-30-2018, 10:17 AM

Those who place a racial continue upon the concept of American nationalism, are not true Anerican nationalists.

The Xl
10-30-2018, 10:19 AM
It's not like Obama or Carter or whoever else measure up to Einstein intellectually, so I don't really understand the point of this thread.....

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 11:32 AM
Those who place a racial continue upon the concept of American nationalism, are not true Anerican nationalists.

Okay, fair enough. But how do you sell that, to dedicated Black Nationalists who are subjugated by their community's White nationalists who hate that Abe Lincoln didn't send Black people back to Africa? Yes and I mean Whites who really stomp hard for nationalism.

Tahuyaman
10-30-2018, 11:35 AM
Okay, fair enough. But how do you sell that, to dedicated Black Nationalists who are subjugated by their community's White nationalists who hate that Abe Lincoln didn't send Black people back to Africa? Yes and I mean Whites who really stomp hard for nationalism.

Again, American nationalism has no racial component. If one has to hyphenate their version of nationalism with white or black, they are not a believer in American nationalism.

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 11:38 AM
There are 1263 KKK members...
I
T

D
O
E
S

N
O
T

M
A
T
T
E
R
!!

All that matters is in light of whatever the size of the KKK, might be, they will still always support the political party which socially/politically shows the most hatred toward Black people.

IOW the trusty old KKK will always serve as the USA's model, indicator, for identifying any truly racist political party.

You cannot override this reality. :cool2:

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 01:10 PM
Again, American nationalism has no racial component. If one has to hyphenate their version of nationalism with white or black, they are not a believer in American nationalism.
Okay, well then list some real life examples/people/orgs that you feel portray the version of Nationalism within your stance here.

Tahuyaman
10-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Okay, well then list some real life examples/people/orgs that you feel portray the version of Nationalism within your stance here.
I am a nationalist. It has nothing to do with my race. My race and ethnicity is irrelevant.

exotix
10-30-2018, 02:34 PM
Trumpf is obviously the genius ... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXcZa3LfYY

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 03:20 PM
I am a nationalist. It has nothing to do with my race. My race and ethnicity is irrelevant.
Okay, well then like I already said, just list some real life examples/people/orgs that you feel portray the version of Nationalism within your stance here.

Tahuyaman
10-30-2018, 04:24 PM
Okay, well then like I already said, just list some real life examples/people/orgs that you feel portray the version of Nationalism within your stance here.
I’m a real live person. I don’t know of any nationalist organizations. I would think that the Heritage Foundation is one.

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 05:16 PM
Oh well, at least now I can see why America's racists continue to never receive your memos for those bizarre claims you make :cool2:

Tahuyaman
10-30-2018, 05:34 PM
Oh well, at least now I can see why America's racists continue to never receive your memos for those bizarre claims you make :cool2:

Huh?

what name did you go by when you were banned from this site the first time?

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 06:44 PM
Once again you posted remarks which are not based, in logic, by claiming that I previously had an acct on this website :cool2:

Captdon
10-30-2018, 07:28 PM

God, Exo has a sister.

Captain Obvious
10-30-2018, 07:31 PM
God, Exo has a sister.
Exo's a dude - Eddie

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-01-2015/G38N2M.gif

Captdon
10-30-2018, 07:32 PM

He doesn't need any organizations. He just has to be a nationalist. What's wrong with you?

Captdon
10-30-2018, 07:35 PM

You shouldn't use the word bizarre. You shouldn't pretend to have any intellectual claims either.

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 08:01 PM
He doesn't need any organizations. He just has to be a nationalist. What's wrong with you?
Nationalism is a huge ordeal in the USA right now. And nationalism exactly means that you refuse to walk alone.

Therefore If he's a real nationalist then he should be able to list prominent- or celeb-nationalists, who he feels share his line of thinking for defining Nationalism. Real plain, real simple. Same thing we all do in every post every day, when citing reputable/established USA sources which solidify our stances.

Now stop embarrassing yourself with that juvenile delinquency which you display here. :cool2:

Raffishragabash
10-30-2018, 08:04 PM
You shouldn't use the word bizarre. You shouldn't pretend to have any intellectual claims either.

And you shouldn't ever think that I have any control over your hallucinations here, bro.

Tahuyaman
10-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Ol AZ Jim didn’t create his redundant thread today. Has had anyone checked up on him?

Raffishragabash
11-04-2018, 08:40 AM
Nationalism is a huge ordeal in the USA right now. And nationalism exactly means that you refuse to walk alone.

Therefore If he's a real nationalist then he should be able to list prominent- or celeb-nationalists, who he feels share his line of thinking for defining Nationalism. Real plain, real simple. Same thing we all do in every post every day, when citing reputable/established USA sources which solidify our stances.

Now stop embarrassing yourself with that juvenile delinquency which you display here. :cool2:

nathanbforrest45
11-04-2018, 09:00 AM

Still an arrogant twit.

nathanbforrest45
11-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Huh?

what name did you go by when you were banned from this site the first time?

Cigar????

DGUtley
11-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Nationalism is a huge ordeal in the USA right now. And nationalism exactly means that you refuse to walk alone. Therefore If he's a real nationalist then he should be able to list prominent- or celeb-nationalists, who he feels share his line of thinking for defining Nationalism. Real plain, real simple. Same thing we all do in every post every day, when citing reputable/established USA sources which solidify our stances. Now stop embarrassing yourself with that juvenile delinquency which you display here. :cool2:

Still an arrogant twit.

Raffishragabash and nathanbforrest45 -- stop the name-calling and personal bickering. Stick to the thread topic. Escalation will moderate.

Admiral Ackbar
11-04-2018, 09:06 AM

Einstein was a great mind in his field. Trump is a genius in his field. Those fields are different and require a different set of skill, thought and background.
Think of it this way. Would you let your IT guy run your sales department? Ah no you wouldn't because while he may be a great IT guy he would be a disaster in sales and vise versa.

nathanbforrest45
11-04-2018, 09:07 AM

You can call yourself whatever you wish but you will never be an American. Liberals always want to dilute and or change the meaning of words to make nothing mean anything. What the hell, you could even call yourself a Worldian if you wished. Or how about a Universalist?

nathanbforrest45
11-04-2018, 09:11 AM

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

What a hoot.

Dr. Who
11-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Einstein was a great mind in his field. Trump is a genius in his field. Those fields are different and require a different set of skill, thought and background.
Think of it this way. Would you let your IT guy run your sales department? Ah no you wouldn't because while he may be a great IT guy he would be a disaster in sales and vise versa.
Trump may be many things but genius isn't one of them. Not the guy who burned so many banks that he was eventually left with no means of financing his projects other than through a special purpose branch of Deutsche Bank that was illegally funnelling Russian money into America and laundering it through real estate transactions (for which it ultimately paid hefty legal sanctions). Especially not the guy who created a university whose only purpose was to separate students from their money and offer them nothing of value in return. Genius is not the word that I would use to describe anyone with that resumé.

Mini Me
11-04-2018, 11:38 AM

You?
Elmer Fudd?
Trump?

You tell me!

Mini Me
11-04-2018, 11:59 AM

Boom!
It was mainly "pent up demand" that got it going!
Folks doing without so much during the bleak years, suddenly can go out and buy stuff.

Mini Me
11-04-2018, 12:05 PM
That is just not true. The resurgence of the economy in the last two years is quite significant.

But that depends on the area you live in;
Here, in the Sierra foothill towns, we have a worsening homeless problem, and we don't see any econ recovery!We depend a lot on tourism and boutique shops.

DGUtley
11-04-2018, 12:06 PM
It was mainly "pent up demand" that got it going! Folks doing without so much during the bleak years, suddenly can go out and buy stuff.

No. It was 'pent up demand' that caused the stimulus -- liberal demand to blow money. Remember, we were told that all of Obama's economy was 'the new normal'. c'mon man.

Cletus
11-04-2018, 01:39 PM

It means nothing of the sort.

Maybe that is your problem. You start from a false premise founded in ignorance and then choose to ignore the facts presented to you.

Tahuyaman
11-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Here, in the Sierra foothill towns, we have a worsening homeless problem, and we don't see any econ recovery!We depend a lot on tourism and boutique shops.

Good for you.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2018, 02:43 PM

You're in California, right?

Nuff said...

texan
11-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Cali invites these problems.

Captdon
11-07-2018, 09:42 AM
It means nothing of the sort.

Maybe that is your problem. You start from a false premise founded in ignorance and then choose to ignore the facts presented to you.

He bases everything on his opinion. He thinks he's some bright light but his bulb is pretty dim. A good part of the time he doesn't make any sense.

Captdon
11-07-2018, 09:46 AM
...Nationalism is a huge ordeal in the USA right now. And nationalism exactly means that you refuse to walk alone.

No, it does not. It means America first. You need to star thinking before you make up stuff. You are embarrassing yourself more as each day passes. You rarely know what you're talking about. Silence would be your friend. Be quiet and learn is good advice.

You think you're clever but you're a joke.