PDA

View Full Version : Is it unfair, to deem Obama as the worst President in USA history, for Black people?

Raffishragabash
10-25-2018, 02:07 PM
Yes? or No?

Don29palms
10-25-2018, 02:32 PM
It's fair to say Obummer was the worst president in history for everybody.

nathanbforrest45
10-25-2018, 05:44 PM
It's fair to say Obummer was the worst president in history for everybody.
That is not quite true. He was a wonderful president for race hustlers, con artist and the mentally unstable.

Don29palms
10-25-2018, 05:47 PM
That is not quite true. He was a wonderful president for race hustlers, con artist and the mentally unstable.
Yeah you got me on that.

Common
10-25-2018, 06:29 PM
Its not unfair because its a personal opinion and everyone has one. I would give the same answer if you used trump instead of obama

Raffishragabash
10-25-2018, 06:51 PM
Its not unfair because its a personal opinion and everyone has one. I would give the same answer if you used trump instead of obama

IMHO it is not the same.
Trump is a White President who does just like the other 44 Presidents and looks out for White citizens first and foremost. Obama was a Black President and he also looked out for White citizens first and foremost.

There is no doubt which of the last two Presidents is worst for Black citizens' progress.

Don29palms
10-25-2018, 07:27 PM
IMHO it is not the same.
Trump is a White President who does just like the other 44 Presidents and looks out for White citizens first and foremost. Obama was a Black President and he also looked out for White citizens first and foremost.

There is no doubt which of the last two Presidents is worst for Black citizens' progress.
I agree Obama was much worse for black people. Obama was much worse for everyone.

nathanbforrest45
10-25-2018, 07:38 PM
IMHO it is not the same.

Yes, President Donald Trump looks out for white people first, that's why the black unemployment rate is the lowest in over 50 years, the Hispanic unemployment rate is the lowest ever and everyone is benefiting from the best economy we have had since Reynaldo Maximus was president.

Damn that racist Trump.

Captdon
10-25-2018, 07:59 PM
Woodrow Wilson fired very black person working in the federal government not covered by Civil Service.

He ordered every federal building to have separate bathroom and drinking fountains. This included the North where there were never anything like it.

How do you beat that?

Raffishragabash
10-25-2018, 08:34 PM
Yes, President Donald Trump looks out for white people first, that's why the black unemployment rate is the lowest in over 50 years, the Hispanic unemployment rate is the lowest ever and everyone is benefiting from the best economy we have had since Reynaldo Maximus was president.

Damn that racist Trump.
Yes, I see what you did here :cool2: it is called The Half-Truth Logical Fallacy argument or perhaps even The Confirmation Bias Logical Fallacy argument.

Yes, either way, I can clearly see that your stance is not very honest my friend.

Mark III
10-25-2018, 08:39 PM
LOL. What kind of nonsense is this?

Articles like this are why this forum is a joke.

Lummy
10-25-2018, 09:11 PM
Obama was hands down worse for blacks. Democrats historically have been worse for blacks because Democrats are worse for everybody.

nathanbforrest45
10-25-2018, 10:14 PM
Yes, I see what you did here :cool2: it is called The Half-Truth Logical Fallacy argument or perhaps even The Confirmation Bias Logical Fallacy argument.

Yes, either way, I can clearly see that your stance is not very honest my friend.

Oh really? Well, I can say I would not go so far as calling you my friend.

The Half Truth Logical Fallacy et al are fancy sounding words but rather meaningless in regards to the truth.

Common
10-25-2018, 10:17 PM
imho it is not the same.
Trump is a white president who does just like the other 44 presidents and looks out for white citizens first and foremost. Obama was a black president and he also looked out for white citizens first and foremost.

There is no doubt which of the last two presidents is worst for black citizens' progress.

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 10:20 PM
He was the most incompetent and indecisive president in US history. He was also the most arrogant

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 10:21 PM

The forum is better when you don’t participate.

Common Sense
10-25-2018, 10:30 PM
He was the most incompetent and indecisive president in US history. He was also the most arrogant

Most arrogant?
"Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest - and you all know it!"
"I have the best temperament or certainly one of the best temperaments of anybody that's ever run for the office of president. Ever."
"Nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world.""I was always the best athlete, people don't know that."

Abby08
10-25-2018, 11:30 PM

And yet....here you are..

Tahuyaman
10-25-2018, 11:31 PM
Most arrogant?

Yes, one of the most.... no, the most arrogant. It's especially puzzling when you consider how incompetent he was.

Raffishragabash
10-26-2018, 07:49 AM
I would not go so far as calling you my friend.

Promise?

The Half Truth Logical Fallacy et al are ...rather meaningless in regards to the truth.
I agree. So stop using them! :cool2: try to give "regards to the truth" sometimes. Fair?

Even conservative-leaning economists admit that most of the job growth through 2018 was Obama's reverberation.

Captdon
10-26-2018, 10:35 AM
Promise?

I agree. So stop using them! :cool2: try to give "regards to the truth" sometimes. Fair?

Even conservative-leaning economists admit that most of the job growth through 2018 was Obama's reverberation.

wow. You really are all over the place. You must need a lot of attention. Job growth was despite what Obama did. He is a disgrace.

Tahuyaman
10-26-2018, 05:37 PM

That is true. Blacks certainly reaped no measurable benefit in any way from Obama’s presidency.

Tahuyaman
10-26-2018, 05:40 PM
That’s possibly one of the most blatantly stupid and partisan motivated comments posted here in quite some time.

Tahuyaman
10-26-2018, 05:54 PM

You can’t say that he was the worst president in history for black people as a group as we have had very racist presidents in our distant past.

What you can say is that he was possibly or arguably the worst president in US history regardless of race. I can’t point out one thing he did well as POTUS.

He does appear to be a good father and husband though.

Tahuyaman
10-26-2018, 06:04 PM
wow. You really are all over the place. You must need a lot of attention. Job growth was despite what Obama did. He is a disgrace.
Job growth was mediocre under Obama’s and the jobs created were mostly low wage jobs meant to supplement a primary income.

Certainly the unemployment rate among blacks and other minorities did not decrease then as it has now.

The current situation can not be credited to Obama’s policies in any reasonable way by any rational person.

Raffishragabash
10-26-2018, 07:37 PM
Blacks certainly reaped no measurable benefit in any way from Obama’s presidency.
Pretty much.

Although I actually must give him credit for that impressive "My Brothers' Keeper" venture he did with Fortune 500's DeLoitte to uplift young, Black males who excelled in academics.

Raffishragabash
10-26-2018, 07:38 PM
That’s possibly one of the most blatantly stupid and partisan motivated comments posted here in quite some time.

:cool2:

Tahuyaman
10-26-2018, 07:40 PM
Brilliant!

Raffishragabash
10-26-2018, 07:54 PM
You can’t say that he was the worst president in history for black people as a group...

According to the laws of Physics, yes indeed, it can be said he was the worst president in history for black people as a group since each of the 43 Presidents before him did vehemently look out for their own Race of people.

Obama got in and did the opposite of his 43 predecessors. He got in and refused to look out for his own Race of people, and actually hurt them more, when considering how Obama/Holder gave racists cops and Zimmermans of America, the green light to genocide Black males. :cool2:

I like this guys' take, on Obama's sickening Presidency:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmg02YKvD10

Ethereal
10-26-2018, 08:03 PM
I voted unfair.

Personally, I find the notion ridiculous. But people who hate Obama have a penchant for making ridiculous, hyperbolic statements about the man.

Not that I consider Obama to be a good president. I'd rank him below average as far as presidents go. But the sorts of accusations leveled at him by Republican partisans are so risible and histrionic that I barely pay any attention to them anymore. And they're the same kind of accusations that Democrat partisans have been making against Trump. These partisans are just clowns. They have no idea that an entire world exists outside their narrow little partisan worlds of Republicans and Democrats.

Raffishragabash
10-26-2018, 09:01 PM
But people who hate Obama have a penchant for making ridiculous, hyperbolic statements about the man.

The sorts of accusations leveled at him by Republican partisans are so risible and histrionic...
I don't hate him. I just stupidly voted for him twice as the fruition of, Dr. King's Dream, so my stances are original and unique. They come from a place of ...politically-raped ...bamboozled ...hoodwinked ...charlatan'd

And then, in 2014, I woke up.

Plus when he refused to charge Darren Wilson nor Clive Bundy but he made sure to put Ms. Assata Shakur on The Top 10 Most Wanted Terrorists list??? I awakened from my 2007 coma.

Tahuyaman
10-26-2018, 10:24 PM
According to the laws of Physics, yes indeed, it can be said he was the worst president in history for black people as a group since each of the 43 Presidents before him did vehemently look out for their own Race of people.

Obama got in and did the opposite of his 43 predecessors. He got in and refused to look out for his own Race of people, and actually hurt them more, when considering how Obama/Holder gave racists cops and Zimmermans of America, the green light to genocide Black males. :cool2:

I like this guys' take, on Obama's sickening Presidency:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmg02YKvD10. Obama was the most unprepared and incompetent president in US history.

Captdon
10-27-2018, 09:49 AM
IMHO it is not the same.

There were only 43 other Presidents. Look at history. The ones who know history get it. You won't.

Captdon
10-27-2018, 09:52 AM
I voted unfair.

Personally, I find the notion ridiculous. But people who hate Obama have a penchant for making ridiculous, hyperbolic statements about the man.

Not that I consider Obama to be a good president. I'd rank him below average as far as presidents go. But the sorts of accusations leveled at him by Republican partisans are so risible and histrionic that I barely pay any attention to them anymore. And they're the same kind of accusations that Democrat partisans have been making against Trump. These partisans are just clowns. They have no idea that an entire world exists outside their narrow little partisan worlds of Republicans and Democrats.

You're switching to the liberals and want to sneak it past us.

The Xl
10-27-2018, 10:08 AM
Obama did absolutely nothing for black people, but I think this is a really, really hard sell. We've had presidents that oversaw slavery and segregation ffs.

The Xl
10-27-2018, 10:10 AM
. Obama was the most unprepared and incompetent president in US history.

In terms of incompetence and being unprepared, Bush 2 was worse, if only by a hair.

Tahuyaman
10-27-2018, 10:21 AM
In terms of incompetence and being unprepared, Bush 2 was worse, if only by a hair.
Bush 2 was a two term fairly successful governor of one of out biggest states. He was very well prepared. He wasn't incompetent, but he made policy decisions you disagreed with. There's a difference between incompetence and disagreeing on policy issues.

The Xl
10-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Bush 2 was a two term fairly successful governor of one of out biggest states. He was very well prepared. He wasn't incompetent, but he made policy decisions you disagreed with. There's a difference between incompetence and disagreeing on policy issues.
The disaster that was George Bush got Barack Obama elected. They both were terrible. Obamacare was a slightly modified idea inspired by what republicans were championing years before. His foreign policy was identical to Bush's. They both sucked and both parties suck.

Tahuyaman
10-27-2018, 10:39 AM
The disaster that was George Bush got Barack Obama elected. They both were terrible. Obamacare was a slightly modified idea inspired by what republicans were championing years before. His foreign policy was identical to Bush's. They both sucked and both parties suck.

Like I said, there's a difference between disliking policy decisions and demonstrating incompetence.

The Xl
10-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Like I said, there's a difference between disliking policy decisions and demonstrating incompetence.

So tell me then, what made Obama the most incompetent President in history other than the fact that you disagreed with his politics?

Tahuyaman
10-27-2018, 10:51 AM
So tell me then, what made Obama the most incompetent President in history other than the fact that you disagreed with his politics?

His Indecisiveness on anything involving foreign policy. His inability to address economic issues which were resulting in manufacturing jobs going off shore. Do you need more?

donttread
10-27-2018, 04:39 PM
Yes? or No?

As per recent tradition the worst president for all of us is typically the last or current one. Fiscally speaking this is still true.

Mister D
10-27-2018, 04:45 PM
That is true. Blacks certainly reaped no measurable benefit in any way from Obama’s presidency.

I tend to agree but should they have? He's the POTUS. He's not the President of Black People. Quite frankly, the expectation that Obama would "do things" for black people was just kind of stupid.

Tahuyaman
10-27-2018, 10:08 PM
I tend to agree but should they have? He's the POTUS. He's not the President of Black People. Quite frankly, the expectation that Obama would "do things" for black people was just kind of stupid.

The unemployment rate among black men rose during the Obama era.

Tahuyaman
10-27-2018, 10:09 PM

His Indecisiveness on anything involving foreign policy. His inability to address economic issues which were resulting in manufacturing jobs going off shore. Do you need more?

No response?

Common Sense
10-27-2018, 10:57 PM
The unemployment rate among black men rose during the Obama era.

Damn, that's not factual at all.
The unemployment rate for blacks hit a high in 2010. Since 2011 the unemployment rate for black Americans has steadily fallen.

In 2010 it hit 16.7% and by the time Obama left office it hit 7.8%. Since Trump took office it's fallen to 6%.

Tahuyaman
10-27-2018, 11:15 PM
Damn, that's not factual at all.
The unemployment rate for blacks hit a high in 2010. Since 2011 the unemployment rate for black Americans has steadily fallen.

In 2010 it hit 16.7% and by the time Obama left office it hit 7.8%. Since Trump took office it's fallen to 6%.

Unemployment -- According to the Department of Labor (http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln), when President Obama took office in January 2008, the Black unemployment rate was 12.7 percent. The best Black unemployment number during the Obama Administration so far was in June 2015 at 9.5 percent. The best Black unemployment rate during George Bush's presidency was 7.7 percent in August 2007. The worst number under Bush was 12.1 in December 2008. The worst Black unemployment under Obama was 16.8 in March 2011 -- a 28 year high -- according to the Departmen (http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln)t

Tahuyaman
10-27-2018, 11:19 PM
Facts are pesky things.

Common Sense
10-27-2018, 11:34 PM
Unemployment -- According to the Department of Labor (http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln), when President Obama took office in January 2008, the Black unemployment rate was 12.7 percent. The best Black unemployment number during the Obama Administration so far was in June 2015 at 9.5 percent. The best Black unemployment rate during George Bush's presidency was 7.7 percent in August 2007. The worst number under Bush was 12.1 in December 2008. The worst Black unemployment under Obama was 16.8 in March 2011 -- a 28 year high -- according to the Departmen (http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln)t
Not sure where you're quoting those numbers.

Black unemployment peaked under Obama due to the recession in 2010 at 16.8%.

When Obama left office, black unemployment was at 7.8%.

So your claim that black unemployment rose under Obama is dubious at best.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Facts aren't pesky. They just aren't your friend.

Tahuyaman
10-27-2018, 11:37 PM
Not sure where you're quoting those numbers.

Black unemployment peaked under Obama due to the recession in 2010 at 16.8%.

When Obama left office, black unemployment was at 7.8%.

So your claim that black unemployment rose under Obama is dubious at best.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Facts aren't pesky. They just aren't your friend.

I showed you documented facts and you still deny them.

Common Sense
10-27-2018, 11:51 PM
I showed you documented facts and you still deny them.

Your link was to a search of top picks and not to what you quoted. I supplied numbers and a graph from BLS. Everything I said was supported by my link.

Regardless of that, even the text you posted contradicts your claim that black unemployment rose under Obama. It didn't.

Tahuyaman
10-27-2018, 11:55 PM
Your link was to a search of top picks and not to what you quoted. I supplied numbers and a graph from BLS. Everything I said was supported by my link.
My link was statistics posted from the Department of Labor. Good gawd!

At one point during the Obama administration the black unemployment rate among blacks was at a 28 year high.

Common Sense
10-28-2018, 12:03 AM
My link was statistics posted from the Department of Labor. Good gawd!

At one point during the Obama administration the black unemployment rate among blacks was at a 28 year high.

When I click your link...

https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln

...this is where it brings me...

Yes, during Obamas tenure, black unemployment his a 28 year high of 16.8%. Obviously this was due to the recession. At the end of his presidency it was at 7.8%. Is that an increase?

Tahuyaman
10-28-2018, 12:12 AM
Instead of acknowledging the facts, you deflect.

Typical.

Common Sense
10-28-2018, 12:18 AM
Instead of acknowledging the facts, you deflect.

Typical.

Sorry dude, but that's exactly what you're doing now and usually do.

I understand you think you're right here, but you're not.

You contend that under Obama black unemployment increased. You posted a quote that contradicts that and a link to a search.

You don't even have the integrity to admit you're wrong even after you proved it yourself. Or maybe you're just unaware that you did.

Either way, it's pretty pathetic.

Tahuyaman
10-28-2018, 12:20 AM
Under Obama there was a time when black unemployment was at a 28 year high. Black unemployment was never at 7% as some hack claimed.

Common Sense
10-28-2018, 12:24 AM
Under Obama there was a time when black unemployment was at a 28 year high. Black unemployment was never at 7% as some hack claimed.

When all else fails, move the goalposts.

It's far easier than having integrity.

Tahuyaman
10-28-2018, 02:25 AM
Common Sense is in fact denial mode tonight. Next he’s going to deny all of Obama's foreign policy failures.

The Xl
10-28-2018, 11:05 AM

How is any of that measurably worse than allowing 911 to happen under his nose, bungling Tora bora and allowing Bin Laden to escape, the disastrous Iraq war, the 08 crash, the poorly handled hurricane Katrina relief, etc? They were both awful but to claim Obama was the most incompetent President in history and Bush was just fine is blind partisanship at it's finest.

pragmatic
10-28-2018, 11:48 AM
Is it fair? Sure. People have opinions.

Is it debatable? Yep. Also true.

Tahuyaman
10-28-2018, 11:49 AM
How is any of that measurably worse than allowing 911 to happen under his nose, bungling Tora bora and allowing Bin Laden to escape, the disastrous Iraq war, the 08 crash, the poorly handled hurricane Katrina relief, etc? They were both awful but to claim Obama was the most incompetent President in history and Bush was just fine is blind partisanship at it's finest.

Some of your examples of incompetence are just your of opinion. Katrina was bungled by the local authorities which demanded the lead. The 08 crash was a result of policies set into motion long before Bush took office. It was unavoidable at that point. Allowing Bin Laden to escape is an odd claim of incompetence.

I dont know who said Bush was “just fine” as you just claimed. Certainly not me. I did say his two terms as a fairly successful governor made him well prepared and qualified for the job.

There’s no doubt in any rational mind that Obama was the most unprepared, indecisive and incompetent president in history. There’s not a leadership bone in his body. He was an academic overwhelmed and in over his head. He never recovered while on the job.