PDA

View Full Version : tPF Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over planned name change

Captain Obvious
11-07-2018, 01:23 PM
Fucking lawyers...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46119393

The Girl Scouts of the United States of America have filed a lawsuit against the Boy Scouts of America for dropping "boy" from the scout group's name.

The Boy Scouts of America announced in May they would rename the Boy Scouts programme Scouts BSA as they prepare to allow girls as members.

But the Girl Scouts say the change could erode their brand, calling the move "uniquely damaging" to them.

Their lawsuit seeks damages and an injunction against trademark breaches.

"Only GSUSA has the right to use the Girl Scouts and Scouts trademarks with leadership development services for girls," papers filed in a Manhattan federal court said.

nathanbforrest45
11-07-2018, 01:29 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Talk about unintended consequences

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Cthulhu
11-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Whatever, both programs can burn into rubble for all I care.

They folded like a sheet of paper when matters of import are brought to the fore.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2018, 05:06 PM
So, they want to erase gender from the Boy Scouts, then cry foul when they get their way. Sounds about right.

donttread
11-07-2018, 05:09 PM
Fucking lawyers...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46119393

The Girl Scouts of the United States of America have filed a lawsuit against the Boy Scouts of America for dropping "boy" from the scout group's name.

The Boy Scouts of America announced in May they would rename the Boy Scouts programme Scouts BSA as they prepare to allow girls as members.

But the Girl Scouts say the change could erode their brand, calling the move "uniquely damaging" to them.

Their lawsuit seeks damages and an injunction against trademark breaches.

"Only GSUSA has the right to use the Girl Scouts and Scouts trademarks with leadership development services for girls," papers filed in a Manhattan federal court said.

Another one of feminisms first world victories! LOL .Think about it. They fought like hell to get girls in boy scouts instead of girl scouts . Probably not even stopping to think that at one time the "Boy Scouts" were as known for child sex abuse as the Catholic Church. But the Boy Scouts fixed it.
Anyway then the Boy scouts do the obvious thing and drop "Boy" from the tittle and the GS sue them! Only in America!
Gee folks how about one two gender organization simply called "Scouts"? drop out rate in the early teens.

Mini Me
11-07-2018, 07:12 PM
I was kicked out of the Cub Scouts!

They caught me eating Brownies!