PDA

View Full Version : SNL will not survive. I give it about one more year at most.

Lummy
11-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Saturday Night Live has gotten so bad that actual American politics is a far better parody of itself than SNL can whip up. SNL humor is second rate compared to the targets of its lampoons, who are much more absurd. It won't be around by the next election. Bet.

Captain Obvious
11-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Just because you're out of touch and butthurt over political parody means you can wish all you want regardless of how petty it comes off.

They're not going anywhere while Trump is still in office.

ripmeister
11-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Saturday Night Live has gotten so bad that actual American politics is a far better parody of itself than SNL can whip up. SNL humor is second rate compared to the targets of its lampoons, who are much more absurd. It won't be around by the next election. Bet.

I'll take that bet.

jimmyz
11-07-2018, 01:55 PM
I'd love to have a copy of all of SNL's musical guests performing. Great bands singing live in a small room. Great stuff!

Common
11-07-2018, 02:28 PM
SNL will survive and go on, I do not watch them. Quite Recently Davidson on SNL did a skit and denigrated a navy seal veteran who lost his eye in Afghanistan and who is a candidate for the house, he made fun of his eye patch.

SNL' Comedian Mocks Former Navy SEAL Who Lost Eye in IED Blast

Dan Crenshaw the seal won the election.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/04/pete-davidson-saturday-night-live-mocks-former-navy-seal-dan-crenshaw

ripmeister
11-07-2018, 02:41 PM
SNL will survive and go on, I do not watch them. Quite Recently Davidson on SNL did a skit and denigrated a navy seal veteran who lost his eye in Afghanistan and who is a candidate for the house, he made fun of his eye patch.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/11/04/pete-davidson-saturday-night-live-mocks-former-navy-seal-dan-crenshaw
Sometimes they go over the top. That was in bad taste.

Standing Wolf
11-07-2018, 02:52 PM
SNL will survive. I strongly suspect that if it were a show that mostly lampooned liberals - which SNL frequently does, as well - people like Lummy would be calling foul over it not winning more Emmys.

Boris The Animal
11-07-2018, 03:01 PM
But you would still cheerlead this because they are after all YOUR team.

Common
11-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Not many cheer even liberals when Combat vets especially disabled vets are insulted and the like. That was 60s liberals during nam

Captain Obvious
11-07-2018, 03:07 PM

The fact that you use the term "team" implying you're on one is the reason I stopped voting

Democracy is a failure, people just aren't smart and mature enough for it to succeed.

ODB
11-07-2018, 03:31 PM
It should die, but probably won't. There are actually worse liberal-minded attempting-humor shows on the air. They have a bunch of let's-give-everyone-participation-ribbon believing followers out there. Whatchagonnado?

Lummy
11-07-2018, 03:35 PM

I think it reflects just how bankrupt they've become for material. I think they're heading down and then out, unless maybe they've become some huge money laundering operation. LOL.

SNL will survive. I strongly suspect that if it were a show that mostly lampooned liberals - which SNL frequently does, as well - people like Lummy would be calling foul over it not winning more Emmys.

Oh man, he's on to me. :rofl:

Lummy
11-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Whatchagonnado?
Cut off its federal funding if it's getting any.

Carlsen
11-07-2018, 04:00 PM
SNL is a good programme. it will b e better programme if they keep more music bands and singers. they don't need comedy just the music. the comedy they have is boreing. it is not funny but stupid

jimmyz
11-07-2018, 04:03 PM
SNL is a good programme. it will b e better programme if they keep more music bands and singers. they don't need comedy just the music. the comedy they have is boreing. it is not funny but stupid

I recommend 'Later with Jules Holland'. the best live music program there is IMO.

Captain Obvious
11-07-2018, 04:09 PM
SNL is federally funded...

:biglaugh:

Are you kidding me, you actually think that is possible? RWNJ's would be shitting the bed massively.

Hell NPR receives a small portion of tax funding and these loons can't stop shitting their pants over it, they would hurl themselves off of bridges if SNL were tax funded.

jimmyz
11-07-2018, 04:29 PM

Are you kidding me, you actually think that is possible? RWNJ's would be shitting the bed massively.

Hell NPR receives a small portion of tax funding and these loons can't stop shitting their pants over it, they would hurl themselves off of bridges if SNL were tax funded.

IIRC DC gives $250 mil a year to PBS/NPR. We just spent $9 billion on Halloween. https://www.forbes.com/sites/sleasca/2017/10/30/halloween-spending-halloween-candy/#6a83f1f220a1 It gives some perspective donit.

Captain Obvious
11-07-2018, 04:33 PM
IIRC DC gives $250 mil a year to PBS/NPR. We just spent $9 billion on Halloween. https://www.forbes.com/sites/sleasca/2017/10/30/halloween-spending-halloween-candy/#6a83f1f220a1 It gives some perspective donit.

How much went to SNL?

jimmyz
11-07-2018, 04:36 PM
How much went to SNL?

Exactly zero. Whomever said it is off base and out!

donttread
11-07-2018, 04:39 PM

I don't watvch it much anymore but might it be that you've changed with age and they are the same irreverent "not ready for prime time players" they have always been?

Tahuyaman
11-07-2018, 04:54 PM

That's the usual deflection. That's kind of like saying if your aunt had testicles, she'd be your uncle.

gamewell45
11-07-2018, 05:18 PM

Funny you mention that; it was said by some critics that SNL wouldn't last one whole season and that was 43 years ago. The show is still a big money-maker for NBC so they keep renewing it every year and it looks thus far that it'' be renewed again.

donttread
11-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Funny you mention that; it was said by some critics that SNL wouldn't last one whole season and that was 43 years ago. The show is still a big money-maker for NBC so they keep renewing it every year and it looks thus far that it'' be renewed again.

Anyone remember when they parodies Clinton stoned talking abouyt McCain as a possible Manchurian candidate? It was hilarious.

gamewell45
11-07-2018, 06:13 PM
Anyone remember when they parodies Clinton stoned talking abouyt McCain as a possible Manchurian candidate? It was hilarious.

They've done a lot of funny bits over the years starting out in 1975 with the original cast. I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll go for another 40 years.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2018, 06:32 PM
It should die, but probably won't. There are actually worse liberal-minded attempting-humor shows on the air. They have a bunch of let's-give-everyone-participation-ribbon believing followers out there. Whatchagonnado?I haven't watched it since 1980.

Lummy
11-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Me either. The only SNL I ever watch is when something is brought to my attention that I can dredge up on youtube.

Lummy
11-07-2018, 06:54 PM
I recommend 'Later with Jules Holland'. the best live music program there is IMO.

Hell NPR receives a small portion of tax funding and these loons can't stop $#@!ting their pants over it, they would hurl themselves off of bridges if SNL were tax funded.

Whomever said it is off base and out!

I said it. I meant "NWO" federales.

Lummy
11-07-2018, 06:58 PM

That looks good. Reminds me of late night live rock shows of the 1970's. Back then, in some cases, it was the only time you could ever expect to see the bands perform. I'm all for that over SNL junk food.

Mini Me
11-07-2018, 06:59 PM

CAPPY-The master BED SHITTER! LOL!

Dr. Who
11-07-2018, 07:14 PM
I used to watch SNL back when. I, like someone else mentioned, will watch selective bits on Youtube, however, perhaps it's a matter of age but I just don't find much of their material all that funny - certainly not as funny as it was in its early years. Perhaps what people find funny changes as we get older, although I can still watch old SNL and find it funny. I find a lot of current humor either just too in your face slapstick to be funny or just really dystopic/mean, like the eyepatch thing. I like comedy that surprises you because you don't see it coming or it's really ironic or dry and delivered with a straight face. That said, SNL keeps adapting to its audience and as long as they do that, they will continue to be around.

Lummy
11-09-2018, 11:54 AM

:occasion18:

Standing Wolf
11-11-2018, 12:21 PM

https://youtu.be/GKaakjMVtyE

Common
11-11-2018, 02:31 PM
SNL is going nowhere, I believe their ratings wont be what they used to be but the show will still air