PDA

View Full Version : Appellate court finds Wisconsin law constitutional

pjohns
01-18-2013, 06:53 PM
From an Associated Press article on the subject:

A federal appeals court on Friday upheld Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's contentious law stripping most public workers of nearly all of their collective bargaining rights, a victory for Republicans and a decision that runs contrary to one issued last year in state court.

The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago found the law is constitutional and its ban on the automatic deduction of union dues is acceptable. In September, a state circuit court judge said the law was unconstitutional as it applied to school and local government workers.

This reverses a lower court's ruling, which had found parts of the law unconstitutional.

Here is the link: Court upholds Walker's union limits law in Wis. | Minnesota Public Radio News (http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/01/18/politics/wisconsin-union-law-court-ruling)

patrickt
01-19-2013, 06:20 AM
"MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A federal appeals court on Friday upheld Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's contentious law stripping most public workers of nearly all of their collective bargaining rights, a victory for Republicans and a decision that runs contrary to one issued last year in state court."

We've always know AP was totally biased but MPR, Minnesota Public Radio, taxpayer funded prints the biased article because, ta-da, it fits their bias, too.

A federal court held that the law saying unions couldn't force their victims to collect their dues for them was legal. Imagine that.

Captain Obvious
01-19-2013, 08:21 AM
That's good news.

Many states are now modeling their own laws on the Wisconsin act.

pjohns
01-19-2013, 01:16 PM
"MADISON, Wis. (AP) A federal appeals court on Friday upheld Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's contentious law stripping most public workers of nearly all of their collective bargaining rights, a victory for Republicans and a decision that runs contrary to one issued last year in state court."

We've always know AP was totally biased but MPR, Minnesota Public Radio, taxpayer funded prints the biased article because, ta-da, it fits their bias, too.

Yes, I noticed that highly tendentious phraseology, too.

Still, I am very happy with the outcome--even if the AP is reporting it in a rather slanted manner...

JackRuby
01-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Working in the underworld as I do, you also get to know politicians, perhaps the lowest of lowlifes who have entered my The Carousel Club. When they're not scoring some blow or renting out one of my girls, they sit around and brag about their deals. This topic is easy to comprehend in a "follow the money" way, as Deep Throat said. You cripple the unions, you cripple the Democratic Party's perhaps #1 donor. Then you thump your chest and say what a great advocate you are for the working people in this country while paying them less and working them harder.

Sorry, gotta go, Chicago is calling!

Jack Ruby
1312 1/2 Commerce St.
Dallas, Texas

zelmo1234
01-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Boy am I glad that I lead a quite peaceful life! I think it is hard to be the tough guy! The simple life for me!

JackRuby
01-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Boy am I glad that I lead a quite peaceful life! I think it is hard to be the tough guy! The simple life for me!

Agreed! Don't walk in my shoes.

Jack

hanger4
01-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Working in the underworld as I do, you also get to know politicians, perhaps the lowest of lowlifes who have entered my The Carousel Club. When they're not scoring some blow or renting out one of my girls, they sit around and brag about their deals. This topic is easy to comprehend in a "follow the money" way, as Deep Throat said. You cripple the unions, you cripple the Democratic Party's perhaps #1 donor. Then you thump your chest and say what a great advocate you are for the working people in this country while paying them less and working them harder.

Sorry, gotta go, Chicago is calling!

Jack Ruby
1312 1/2 Commerce St.
Dallas, Texas

:loco: DING DING DING :loco:

JackRuby
01-19-2013, 05:34 PM
:loco: DING DING DING :loco:

Someone saying they don't believe me? It's true because it's all politics, pure and simple. You don't get into the Dallas PD to get a clean shot at an assassin without knowing a thing or two.

zelmo1234
01-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Someone saying they don't believe me? It's true because it's all politics, pure and simple. You don't get into the Dallas PD to get a clean shot at an assassin without knowing a thing or two.

Have to tell you tough Guy I have never met a tough guy that actually boasted about being a tough guy? Starting to have some serious doubts!

JackRuby
01-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Have to tell you tough Guy I have never met a tough guy that actually boasted about being a tough guy? Starting to have some serious doubts!

You don't get to be the bagman for the Dallas mob unless you're pretty tough.

Jack Ruby
Dallas Bagman
Night Club Owner
Vigilante

zelmo1234
01-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Well I am sure that Chief Brown will know who you are then

Good friend of mine.