PDA

View Full Version : White House Gun Policy: Like Ignorant Emotional Appeals From 8-Year-olds

Chris
01-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Surrounding yourself with children makes for good emotional appeal...

It really has come to this: The president and vice president of the United States are trotting out the emotional appeals of ill-informed elementary school children in order to sell the administration's emotional, ill-informed policy response to the Sandy Hook school shooting. Is there a word that combines embarrassing, grotesque, unseemly, and kind of cute? Well, that would describe this campaign.

Lil' Hinna, for example, opines that "if there are no guns on the street, no one could get hurt" (just like in England!), and concludes her White House-posted video address with the plaintive, elementary school-style plea for "No guns, no guns, no guns, no guns":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0NBt6ya04uM

...Julia thinks "the only things" guns do are "harm or kill," and they should "only be used in the most horrible event where others will get hurt if they are not." She is also no fan of the Constitution's separation of powers and 2nd Amendment--"I know that laws have to be passed by Congress, but I beg you to try very hard to make guns not allowed":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HvPSfeicWXQ

@ White House Gun Policy: Like Ignorant Emotional Appeals From 8-Year-olds (http://reason.com/blog/2013/01/18/white-house-gun-policy-like-ignorant-emo)

Peter1469
01-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Who is going to criticize Obama when he hides behind kids?

Chris
01-18-2013, 08:41 PM
That's the purpose of emotional appeal. Argue with it and you must be a child-hating if not -killing extremist.

GrassrootsConservative
01-18-2013, 08:42 PM
The link between Democrats and small children is striking, they're both parasites who consider the world to be one entity that revolves around them to suit their needs. They expect everyone to love them no matter what they do, stealing and demanding that other people pay for their food, healthcare, housing, and education (much like the Liberal Arts [Communists] students who want all their loans to be "forgiven" :biglaugh:)

It surprises me none at all that people like Obama and Hitler use the youth this way, because no rational adult else has that same parasitic mind set. Just Liberals and children.

Might as well be one in the same.

ptif219
01-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Let's publicize kids views on Abortion and the budget and the deficit. wait that would probably not help Obama.

It is disgusting when Obama has to lower the office of the president to his gutter politics.

Chloe
01-20-2013, 10:27 PM
The link between Democrats and small children is striking, they're both parasites who consider the world to be one entity that revolves around them to suit their needs. They expect everyone to love them no matter what they do, stealing and demanding that other people pay for their food, healthcare, housing, and education (much like the Liberal Arts [Communists] students who want all their loans to be "forgiven" :biglaugh:)

It surprises me none at all that people like Obama and Hitler use the youth this way, because no rational adult else has that same parasitic mind set. Just Liberals and children.

Might as well be one in the same.

I like you but you really frustrate me sometimes. A lot of what you said we could do so many topics on but I think it's just the dehumanization stuff that gets to me sometimes.

Captain Obvious
01-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Who is going to criticize Obama when he hides behind kids?

Not Islamic extremists, that's for sure.

Carygrant
01-21-2013, 04:06 AM
That's the purpose of emotional appeal. Argue with it and you must be a child-hating if not -killing extremist.

OK , so with you , he was going to win regardless .

" Another Post using misapplied Logic .
When A= C and F >K , then an algorithm will always have a negative correlation with F CK . Basic .
I know this is true because I heard the bellls and Mister D even agrees . So there , Troll .

(Pastiche based on Diary account of Chris , circa 2012/ 13)

JackRuby
01-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Maybe it's got something to do with tradition?

Chris
01-21-2013, 08:37 AM
OK , so with you , he was going to win regardless .

" Another Post using misapplied Logic .
When A= C and F >K , then an algorithm will always have a negative correlation with F CK . Basic .
I know this is true because I heard the bellls and Mister D even agrees . So there , Troll .

(Pastiche based on Diary account of Chris , circa 2012/ 13)

Still making up lies, cary? Your rep, not mine.

Chris
01-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Maybe it's got something to do with tradition?

Yes, Bush did it two. You of course aren't implying two wrongs make a right, are you?

JackRuby
01-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Yes, Bush did it two. You of course aren't implying two wrongs make a right, are you?

No not at all. Props are props. Flags, teleprompters, kids, veterans, soldiers, the list goes on and on and on. Take it from one who was a prop.

Jack

ptif219
01-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Get rid of pastor that talked against gays 20 years ago and bring in gay marriage activist. This tells me gay marriage is on Obama's agenda

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2013/01/18/minister-at-inaugural-pushed-for-d-c-gay-marriage-law/

BB-35
01-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Still making up lies, cary? Your rep, not mine.

Why is cary so busy trying to hump your leg?

Chris
01-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Why is cary so busy trying to hump your leg?

I disagreed with him once or twice way back when he came here. Anyone who disagrees with him gets the same puppy dog nipping at your heels and leg humping treatment.

Oh, and because he's a troll.

Deadwood
01-21-2013, 01:15 PM
No not at all. Props are props. Flags, teleprompters, kids, veterans, soldiers, the list goes on and on and on. Take it from one who was a prop.

Jack

But, why is it that EVERY fucking criticism directed even remotely at Obama ALWAYS draws a "bush did it too" rebuttal from the Obamabots?

Jack Ruby you don't realize that that kind of journalistic dumpster diving only underscores the mediocrity of your idol. If he is no different than Bush in anything other than having an ugly wife and a deeper tan, why do you worship at the altar, blindly genuflecting when, like Bush, he's done no more than leave a trail of turds? How is it he deserves a second term when he's done more than everything that turned bush into the really bad, bad guy?

You can't have it both ways. If Bush was a moron and incompetent, then by the constant comparisons from the likes of you, Cigar, Cary Grant and all the other brainless tin men along the road to OZ, then Obama HAS to be a moron too, right?

So add lazy and what do you idolize.

Let's face it, you're got the Obama religion.....but even blessed by God, a turd is still a turd.

Deadwood
01-21-2013, 01:21 PM
I disagreed with him once or twice way back when he came here. Anyone who disagrees with him gets the same puppy dog nipping at your heels and leg humping treatment.

Oh, and because he's a troll.

How fucking dare you!

Insult trolls! I don't like the fucks either, but that's low. On a good day, of which there are very few, we are talking gutter slug.

He followed me around for months, even chipping at my friend and drove two of them off. Then I learned two things: Ignore and negative rep. If you don't know what he's saying it cannot annoy you and this kind of slithering simpleton attention-seeking misfit goes ape shit when he get's no reaction.

It doesn't hurt either that all the newbies look at his stats with like a minus 4,000 they know they're dealing with something that barely meets the requirement for "intelligent life"

Cigar
01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
:grin:

Chris
01-21-2013, 01:31 PM
:grin:

Yea, you're sitting pretty with only a -86 rep. Fifth from the bottom of the barrel:

http://i.snag.gy/Kknjn.jpg

Cigar
01-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Some people need it to feel relevant and some people don't :)

Chris
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM

I'll accept your irrelevancy.

GrassrootsConservative
01-21-2013, 01:49 PM

If you feel relevant you're even more clueless than I thought.

JackRuby
01-21-2013, 03:25 PM
But, why is it that EVERY fucking criticism directed even remotely at Obama ALWAYS draws a "bush did it too" rebuttal from the Obamabots?

Jack Ruby you don't realize that that kind of journalistic dumpster diving only underscores the mediocrity of your idol. If he is no different than Bush in anything other than having an ugly wife and a deeper tan, why do you worship at the altar, blindly genuflecting when, like Bush, he's done no more than leave a trail of turds? How is it he deserves a second term when he's done more than everything that turned bush into the really bad, bad guy?

You can't have it both ways. If Bush was a moron and incompetent, then by the constant comparisons from the likes of you, Cigar, Cary Grant and all the other brainless tin men along the road to OZ, then Obama HAS to be a moron too, right?

So add lazy and what do you idolize.

Let's face it, you're got the Obama religion.....but even blessed by God, a turd is still a turd.

None of that is true, and it will take more than that to offend a man who supposedly has been dead for decades. Remember, if you're in the Witness Protection Program, you can't vote. I do hope you feel better.