PDA

View Full Version : A dead pimp wins Nevada state assembly seat.

Lummy
11-10-2018, 06:38 AM
Does this speak more poorly of Republicans or Democrats, or politicians generally?

Brothel owner Dennis Hof has been elected to Nevada's state assembly – despite having died last month. The dead pimp soundly defeated his living Democratic opponent, triggering a complicated process to fill the now vacant seat.

Hof, 72, was running as a Republican in Nevada’s deeply-red Assembly District 36, which includes his hometown of Pahrump. The businessman humorously referred to himself the “Trump of Pahrump.” But Hof’s name could not be removed from the ballot after his sudden passing at his Love Ranch legal brothel last month. https://www.rt.com/usa/443337-dennis-hof-nevada-brothel-winner/?utm_source=miximedia&utm_medium=miximedia&utm_campaign=Miximedia

I can't decide.

Lummy
11-10-2018, 06:40 AM
Anyway, just because he's dead doesn't mean he isn't the best candidate.

Crepitus
11-10-2018, 09:27 AM
Does this speak more poorly of Republicans or Democrats, or politicians generally?

I can't decide.

Nevadans smoke too much dope.

donttread
11-10-2018, 09:35 AM

I can't decide.

Both. No one party could fuck up the system this badly. They forced the party to run a dead man for office. Good fucking grief! As for brothel owners , they are probably more honest than street pimps and certainly better people that most politicians

Dr. Who
11-10-2018, 11:57 AM
I can't say that there are many places in the world where you could even end up with such a headline a) because a brothel owner/pimp in most places would be a criminal and b) most places in the world would not leave a dead candidate's name on the ballot even if they had to cross it out manually.

As between Republicans and Democrats - chances are that legal brothel owners are more likely to be Republicans and the prostitutes are most likely to be Democrats. Either party is just as likely to run a dead candidate if the dead candidate was likely to win and the post-election process is likely to result in the same party gaining office.

Captain Obvious
11-10-2018, 02:25 PM
Nevada is not Kalifornia, that's for sure

Common
11-10-2018, 02:26 PM
Could you even imagine how bad the democrat was that ran against him

MisterVeritis
11-10-2018, 02:30 PM
This is a good thing. His replacement will be selected by a Republican.

We should have done the same with Roy Moore. Instead, idiot Republicans in this state signaled their virtue by allowing a Democrat to take the seat. Had Moore won and been removed a Republican governor could have selected a Republican alternative.

Lummy
11-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Nevadans smoke too much dope.

A town in Minnesota elected a Pyrenees dog for mayor. They reelected him too.

Dr. Who
11-10-2018, 03:33 PM
I'm sure that he's loyal, trustworthy and brave, unlike many people.

Crepitus
11-10-2018, 05:57 PM

I bet they smoke too much dope too.

Crepitus
11-10-2018, 05:59 PM
I can't say that there are many places in the world where you could even end up with such a headline a) because a brothel owner/pimp in most places would be a criminal and b) most places in the world would not leave a dead candidate's name on the ballot even if they had to cross it out manually.

As between Republicans and Democrats - chances are that legal brothel owners are more likely to be Republicans and the prostitutes are most likely to be Democrats. Either party is just as likely to run a dead candidate if the dead candidate was likely to win and the post-election process is likely to result in the same party gaining office.

Brothel owner/pimp doesn't bother me. Neither does dead.

Now republican, that bothers me.

Crepitus
11-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Hey, does this mean he's a "good republican"?

As in the only good republican is a.....?

Common Sense
11-10-2018, 06:06 PM
...another "family values" candidate.

donttread
11-10-2018, 10:14 PM

It's a symptom of how ridiculous we make life these days. I never got the whole prostitution being illegal thing. I think much like the war on drugs anti-prostitution laws just makes things worse and allow sex trafficing to get a foothold. Half of the people caught up in our legal system don't really need to be. Why are we so hell bent to control what people do with their own money and own bodies? What possessions they own ? How they keep their yard?
But I forget prostitution is only illegal for the poor. A rich man can keep a mistress and pay her expenses to be at his beckon call. But that is somehow legal.

Dr. Who
11-10-2018, 10:23 PM
It's a symptom of how ridiculous we make life these days. I never got the whole prostitution being illegal thing. I think much like the war on drugs anti-prostitution laws just makes things worse and allow sex trafficing to get a foothold. Half of the people caught up in our legal system don't really need to be. Why are we so hell bent to control what people do with their own money and own bodies? What possessions they own ? How they keep their yard?
But I forget prostitution is only illegal for the poor. A rich man can keep a mistress and pay her expenses to be at his beckon call. But that is somehow legal.
Oh, I agree. It's ridiculous to make it illegal. On the other hand, the sex trade is unlikely to ever be an aspirational form of business.

donttread
11-10-2018, 10:58 PM
Oh, I agree. It's ridiculous to make it illegal. On the other hand, the sex trade is unlikely to ever be an aspirational form of business.

I know, mostly addicts. But I think they are at less risk if their trade is legal. I mean what's the big deal. You got a woman who needs money a business man who provides muscle and access to customers and a guy who wants sex ( Of course women can be "John's " and men can be hookers but the same principal appeals.
Why do we care?

Dr. Who
11-10-2018, 11:09 PM
I know, mostly addicts. But I think they are at less risk if their trade is legal. I mean what's the big deal. You got a woman who needs money a business man who provides muscle and access to customers and a guy who wants sex ( Of course women can be "John's " and men can be hookers but the same principal appeals.
Why do we care?
Probably because it's an icky way to make a living, especially for the sex worker.

Lummy
11-11-2018, 10:10 PM
I'm sure that he's loyal, trustworthy and brave, unlike many people.

I really think that what they're saying is that they can get along fine without a mayor.

Dr. Who
11-11-2018, 10:20 PM
I really think that what they're saying is that they can get along fine without a mayor.
Possibly. However, they probably have very restrictive cat laws in that town i.e. no outdoor cats and all parks are dog parks.