View Full Version : tPF 10 Notable People Leaving Congress

Captain Obvious
11-11-2018, 12:42 PM
That Hatch was in office for 42 years is... why bother

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/11/665745729/10-notable-people-leaving-congress

Read the article at the link, it's lengthy

Common
11-11-2018, 01:15 PM
The only one I even remotely wish would stay is Orrin Hatch.

Flake, corker, ryan, gowdy Good riddance

Captdon
11-11-2018, 01:31 PM
I like Hatch too. I liked Gowdy until he decided to retire. He seems to have lost interest since then.

jet57
11-11-2018, 01:33 PM

I think that said Republicans have read the handwriting on the wall and are just taking their exit before their entire system collapses; the Dems are very close to that now as well. What we have is a leadership crises in this country and the old guard is on its way out.

Common
11-11-2018, 01:41 PM
I think that said Republicans have read the handwriting on the wall and are just taking their exit before their entire system collapses; the Dems are very close to that now as well. What we have is a leadership crises in this country and the old guard is on its way out.

yeah thats it, I always listen to left wing partisans when they tell me how republicans are going to die.

Uh Remember in 2008 Republicans were DEAD never to return the democrats were going to rule the wont the house the senate and WH. Then they lost the house and the senate, then the lost the WH, then they lost the Supreme Court.

Your illegal immigrant lovers won the house, lost in the senate, dont have the whitehouse and we have scotus for two decades. You need to go sit somewhere and come up with something intelligent to post

Don29palms
11-11-2018, 04:38 PM
I like Hatch too. I liked Gowdy until he decided to retire. He seems to have lost interest since then.
Gowdy gave up and went to the dark side.

Don29palms
11-11-2018, 04:44 PM
What we have is a leadership crises in this country and the old guard is on its way out.
Probably the first thing he's ever said I can agree with. There is a big problem with leadership on both sides of the aisle. Demonrats want the power to destroy this country and Republicants don't want to lead so they can just blame it on the Demonrats. Trump is trying but he can't do it alone.

Captdon
11-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Gowdy gave up and went to the dark side.

No, he decided to return to his law practice here. Until then, he was a bulldog.

jet57
11-11-2018, 06:56 PM
yeah thats it, I always listen to left wing partisans when they tell me how republicans are going to die.

Uh Remember in 2008 Republicans were DEAD never to return the democrats were going to rule the wont the house the senate and WH. Then they lost the house and the senate, then the lost the WH, then they lost the Supreme Court.

Your illegal immigrant lovers won the house, lost in the senate, dont have the whitehouse and we have scotus for two decades. You need to go sit somewhere and come up with something intelligent to post

Well, your reply is particularly partisan and frankly immature. George W Bush and his henchmen got Barack Obama elected with a Democratic majority. The far right-wing never let up on him and the far right plus a field of weak kneed Democrats are what got Trump elected. Soi there is nothing partisan or left-wing about my post...

The question is; have said retiring Republicans, recognizing that the far right is headed for the showers, retired because they know what the future holds for the far right-wing? I didn't say "Republicans", I said far right-wing, who have hijacked the party and the word "conservative".

And in Paris today, Trump got his first lesson on [i]"nationalism", from people who survived it. So the hand writing IS on the wall.

donttread
11-12-2018, 08:09 AM

Don't you think Hatch is a bit old for this kind of work?

Tahuyaman
11-12-2018, 04:02 PM

I am a proponant of term limits.

Tahuyaman
11-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Don't you think Hatch is a bit old for this kind of work?I believe he's younger than Diane Feinstein.

Mini Me
11-13-2018, 05:38 PM

Hatch stayed well beyond his "pull date"! Damaged goods!