PDA

View Full Version : Cain Seeks Out Clarence Thomas's Wife For Assistance

Conley
11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
In a new video on the Daily Caller Web site, Cain tells Ginni Thomas that he feels like he’s “guilty until proven innocent.”

The video includes no references to the similar controversy that Thomas and her husband went through more than 20 years ago when Clarence Thomas was nominated to the court, but the fact that Cain even sat down for an interview with Mrs. Thomas suggests Cain is okay with the parallels that are being drawn.

Those parallels have been increasingly made by his supporters since Politico late Sunday broke the story that two women accused Cain of sexual harassment while he was the head of the National Restaurant Association in the late 1990s.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/cain-and-supporters-attach-themselves-to-clarence-thomas-to-their-benefit/2011/11/03/gIQA1PgviM_blog.html?tid=sm_twitter_washingtonpost

According to pundits the Clarence Thomas strategy is working, even as news comes out that one woman received $35,000 and another $45,000, quite a bit more than what Cain said was a month or two of salary.

MMC
11-03-2011, 03:12 PM
I heard he was blaming Perry!

Conley
11-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I heard he was blaming Perry!

Got to blame someone, it's the way politics are run in this country. ::)

Juggernaut
11-03-2011, 07:57 PM
I read the second complainant received only 3 months salary, regardless my lawyer tells me that's not only small but most real settlements are mid six figures, then they should be taken seriously. True in this silly PC world where people take words the wrong way and others are out for money.

Liberal media liars change the facts to suit the story. How else would Obama have been elected in such a great country.

http://sandrarose.com/2011/11/herman-cains-accuser-paid-34k-severance-pay/
The 2nd female accuser reportedly received 2 to 3 months severance pay in a settlement with the National Restaurant Association in 1992.

Mister D
11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
A severance package makes sense. I just had a client pay some dude 20K in severance if he agree to go away. They weren't happy with him for whatever reason but he was claiming discrimination. I don't have all the details but it sounds like the company just said get rid of him so they settled. The severance was apparently better than going through the trouble of a hearing. Anyway, now the numbers make sense.