PDA

View Full Version : Did Ivanka pull a Clinton?

Adelaide
11-20-2018, 06:01 PM
The Washington Post reported Monday (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ivanka-trump-used-a-personal-email-account-to-send-hundreds-of-emails-about-government-business-last-year/2018/11/19/6515d1e0-e7a1-11e8-a939-9469f1166f9d_story.html?utm_term=.8ea6c7ae018d) the White House conducted an investigation into Trump's email usage and that she used her personal email address for much of 2017.

According to emails released by the watchdog group, American Oversight (https://www.americanoversight.org/ivanka-emails), Trump used her personal account to email Cabinet officials, White House aides and assistants. The Presidential Records Act requires all official White House communications and records be preserved.

Austin Evers, the executive director of American Oversight, said in a statement (https://www.americanoversight.org/ivanka-emails), "The president's family is not above the law, and there are serious questions that Congress should immediately investigate. Did Ivanka Trump turn over all of her emails for preservation as required by law? Was she sending classified information over a private system?"

The White House had no comment on Ivanka Trump's email practices.

Trump's usage of a private email account will bring comparisons to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, whose usage of a private email server instead of a government email account during her time in office was a central part of President Donald Trump's campaign against her in 2016. Trump's supporters often chanted -- and still do, on occasion -- "Lock her up!" at the mention of Clinton, and President Donald Trump has frequently accused Clinton of receiving special treatment because she was not charged for skirting the Presidential Records Act with her email practices.

A person close to Ivanka Trump told CNN's Poppy Harlow that "Ivanka's mindset is there is no malintent, and she is comfortable because there was no intent to avoid."

Ivanka Trump: Personal email account was used for government business (https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/19/politics/ivanka-trump-personal-email-account/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_content=2018-11-20T03%3A00%3A16&utm_medium=social)

I think that there are some differences that matter (was any of it classified, for example). Still, I have no idea why public officials continue to do things like this, since some congressmen and other public officials have been found to be doing the same thing. It looks especially bad, though, when your father made his campaign about similar things like this done by Clinton. Overall, I don't think this is as bad as some outlets are claiming it to be or portraying it to be, and maybe there are differences, but the perception looks bad. Bad judgement. The First Family needs to stop giving ammunition to the opposition because even if Ivanka Trump is found to have not done anything wrong (if she publicly disclosed everything, observed security protocols, did not share classified information over it, so forth), it still has the perception of being hypocrisy.

Captdon
11-20-2018, 06:15 PM
She uses it for pe sonal e-mails, never work . She logs it into he WH server. She saves a copy on the server, Nothing like what Clinton did. liberal hoes dashed one again.

roadmaster
11-20-2018, 06:16 PM
I don't like her but no she didn't send classified information like Hillary did. You would think she would know better anyway to use it at all.

Adelaide
11-20-2018, 06:19 PM
I don't like her but no she didn't send classified information like Hillary did. You would think she would know better anyway to use it at all.

That's pretty much my point. It's just going to feed their opposition, even if it turns out to be totally harmless.

gamewell45
11-20-2018, 06:46 PM
She uses it for pe sonal e-mails, never work . She logs it into he WH server. She saves a copy on the server, Nothing like what Clinton did. liberal hoes dashed one again.
I'm not sure what she used it for, however if what you maintain is true, then it shouldn't be much of issue IMO.

Hoosier8
11-20-2018, 06:48 PM
Ivanka Trump: Personal email account was used for government business (https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/19/politics/ivanka-trump-personal-email-account/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_content=2018-11-20T03%3A00%3A16&utm_medium=social)

I think that there are some differences that matter (was any of it classified, for example). Still, I have no idea why public officials continue to do things like this, since some congressmen and other public officials have been found to be doing the same thing. It looks especially bad, though, when your father made his campaign about similar things like this done by Clinton. Overall, I don't think this is as bad as some outlets are claiming it to be or portraying it to be, and maybe there are differences, but the perception looks bad. Bad judgement. The First Family needs to stop giving ammunition to the opposition because even if Ivanka Trump is found to have not done anything wrong (if she publicly disclosed everything, observed security protocols, did not share classified information over it, so forth), it still has the perception of being hypocrisy.

Seriously, anyone claiming this is comparable has a negative IQ. Seriously.

nathanbforrest45
11-20-2018, 07:10 PM
That's pretty much my point. It's just going to feed their opposition, even if it turns out to be totally harmless.

Nothing with the Trumps is totally harmless. The leftness will find evildoing behind every action of this family.

Adelaide
11-20-2018, 08:24 PM
Nothing with the Trumps is totally harmless. The leftness will find evildoing behind every action of this family.

So, why do something stupid that will just give them (some Democrats, by the way, not "the left") more to use to try and drag them through the mud? This was kind of a dumb thing to do even if/though she didn't violate any laws or ethics or whatever. Just follow protocol and avoid giving people like the media the opportunity to make the comparison.

Ransom
11-20-2018, 08:29 PM
So, why do something stupid that will just give them (some Democrats, by the way, not "the left") more to use to try and drag them through the mud? This was kind of a dumb thing to do even if/though she didn't violate any laws or ethics or whatever. Just follow protocol and avoid giving people like the media the opportunity to make the comparison.

I'd like to make a comparison too. I'm trying to take seriously those who voted for Clinton for President questioning the President's daughter, Ivanka is a Presidential Advisor, Clinton was the Senate confirmed Sec of State. I find the media's comparisons quite telling as well. Where were they concerning Hillary's emails? Did networks not endorse and then openly support a woman who had ten times the email baggage.....for the highest office in the land?

The irony is laughable.

Captain Obvious
11-20-2018, 08:30 PM
Did she send any emails regarding pilates and cookie recipes?

Safety
11-20-2018, 08:33 PM

That is incorrect, the FBI investigation concluded that no email was sent by Clinton that was classified at the time it was sent.

Safety
11-20-2018, 08:36 PM
So basically, the entire #emailgate/#benghazigate was nothing more than a plot to try everything in the GOP’s power to prevent Clinton from becoming president. Since 2012 when Obama won the re-election, the effort to prevent/smear her was the only goal any GOP member/supporter had in mind. The same thing was the “caravan invasion” that was front page news for weeks leading up to the mid-terms, then as soon as it was over, not a fucking peep was made by those that claimed it was the gravest danger to the republic.

Ransom
11-20-2018, 08:38 PM
Let's not forget that with Hillary's email record well spelled out by James Comey, our Member Safety here voted for Hillary Clinton....for the highest office on the land. Should he pretend outrage over Ivanka, it is just that. Pretend. Moving on.

Safety
11-20-2018, 08:42 PM
Let's not forget that with Hillary's email record well spelled out by James Comey, our Member Safety here voted for Hillary Clinton....for the highest office on the land. Should he pretend outrage over Ivanka, it is just that. Pretend. Moving on.

Oh, we won’t forget, I won’t allow you to. What Ivanka did/didn’t do is of no concern to me, because the majority of people in government service use some sort of personal email on the job. What I will do, is remind all the partisan hacks that made a big fuss about Clinton’s use, how much fuss should be made towards Ivanka....I mean, shouldn’t Trump be screaming “lock her up”?

Dr. Who
11-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Ivanka used her personal account to email Cabinet officials, White House aides and assistants. Regardless of what she was communicating (and I am assuming based on the broad categories of WH staff that these were not invitations to parties or lunch) that it was somehow related to official business. That's a big no-no, full stop. Even if she wasn't communicating state secrets, she may have been discussing other information that might be useful to someone trying to assassinate the President or a member of his family. Her personal email server is not secure. Inconvenience was not a reasonable excuse for Hillary, nor should it be a reasonable excuse for Ivanka. She broke protocol.

Common Sense
11-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Trump supporters often have two sets of standards.

Captain Obvious
11-20-2018, 09:52 PM

What classified info would... Jesus, fucking Ivanka know or be able to convey intelligently with that bleach blonde bubble head of hers? She isn't the SOS and she didn't do it from some secret server in her bathroom somewhere.

Rodham did that for how many years, exclusively?

Tell me again about standards?

Safety
11-20-2018, 09:53 PM

Written on an Etch-a-sketch.

Common Sense
11-20-2018, 09:56 PM
What classified info would... Jesus, fucking Ivanka know or be able to convey intelligently with that bleach blonde bubble head of hers? She isn't the SOS and she didn't do it from some secret server in her bathroom somewhere.

Ivanka has full top secret clearance.

You know if a Democrat did this, they'd be chanting "lock her up".

You may disagree, but it's true.

Safety
11-20-2018, 09:59 PM

Wouldn’t that include the fact that she is even an advisor in the first place? That should be the first set of standards to consider.

hanger4
11-20-2018, 09:59 PM
That is incorrect, the FBI investigation concluded that no email was sent by Clinton that was classified at the time it was sent.You would be incorrect; .......... *From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. ........... Seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters.* ............... https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

Captain Obvious
11-20-2018, 10:05 PM
Ivanka has full top secret clearance.

You know if a Democrat did this, they'd be chanting "lock her up".

You may disagree, but it's true.

No, I don't disagree. If Mooch did that yeah, the wingosphere would be going batshit.

But that doesn't disqualify common sense on the issue, unless your objective is to play partisan politics then yeah, you have a wide field to play on.

Safety
11-20-2018, 10:11 PM
You would be incorrect; .......... *From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. ........... Seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters.* ............... https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

Hmmm....
An FBI examination of Clinton's server found over 100 emails containing information that should have been marked classified including 65 emails deemed "Secret" and 22 deemed "Top Secret." None of these emails had classification markings. Three email chains contained one or more paragraphs marked "Confidential", the lowest level of classification. An additional 2,093 emails also not marked classified were retroactively classified by the State Department.

Like I said....

hanger4
11-20-2018, 10:12 PM
Ivanka used her personal account to email Cabinet officials, White House aides and assistants. Regardless of what she was communicating (and I am assuming based on the broad categories of WH staff that these were not invitations to parties or lunch) that it was somehow related to official business. That's a big no-no, full stop. Even if she wasn't communicating state secrets, she may have been discussing other information that might be useful to someone trying to assassinate the President or a member of his family. Her personal email server is not secure. Inconvenience was not a reasonable excuse for Hillary, nor should it be a reasonable excuse for Ivanka. She broke protocol.Who said she used a personal email server ?? all I've seen is private email account.

jimmyz
11-20-2018, 10:13 PM
I will wait until the FBI or whomever looks at all the emails. If it was non-classified recipes or whatever okay. Give her a warning. I dont think the Dem House will let it go so easily though.

Common Sense
11-20-2018, 10:15 PM
No, I don't disagree. If Mooch did that yeah, the wingosphere would be going batshit.

But that doesn't disqualify common sense on the issue, unless your objective is to play partisan politics then yeah, you have a wide field to play on.
Michelle Obama didn't have full top secret security clearance.

Ivanka has been conducting official White House business through her personal email.

Clinton and Ivankas situations aren't the same, but after all the furor over Clintons emails, this is just a boneheaded move...and possibly a violation of federal records rules.

My objective isn't partisan...it's to illustrate some people's hypocrisy.

Captain Obvious
11-20-2018, 10:16 PM
Michelle Obama didn't have full top secret security clearance.

Ivanka has been conducting official White House business through her personal email.

Clinton and Ivankas situations aren't the same, but after all the furor over Clintons emails, this is just a boneheaded move...and possibly a violation of federal records rules.

My objective isn't partisan...it's to illustrate some people's hypocrisy.

Without knowing exactly what she emailed, like Jimmy said, no formal investigation has been made.

Yeah, partisan so far, sorry. That you had to "illustrate hypocrisy" kind of confirms that.

Just saying...

hanger4
11-20-2018, 10:22 PM
Hmmm....Like I said....That's not what you said, you said;
That is incorrect, the FBI investigation concluded that no email was sent by Clinton that was classified at the time it was sent. Comey clearly stated, "52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received"

Dr. Who
11-20-2018, 10:23 PM

It's not an A to A comparison, but when there is a rule in place, it's there for a reason. If personal email is not considered secure, then any communication no matter how innocuous it may seem may reveal a piece of information useful to someone with malevolent intent. As I said previously, it might just communicate where people will be at a certain time and assist an assassination plot. Intelligence operatives hacking the personal email accounts of those in government are quite capable of putting little bits of information together, like a puzzle.

Captain Obvious
11-20-2018, 10:26 PM
It's not an A to A comparison, but when there is a rule in place, it's there for a reason. If personal email is not considered secure, then any communication no matter how innocuous it may seem may reveal a piece of information useful to someone with malevolent intent. As I said previously, it might just communicate where people will be at a certain time and assist an assassination plot. Intelligence operatives hacking the personal email accounts of those in government are quite capable of putting little bits of information together, like a puzzle.

I don't disagree.

I just reserve my better judgment when comparing a SOS and... Ivanka until there is more information.

I'm just simply pointing out that this is so far a partisan shit sling.

If Ivanka emailed our launch codes then yeah, but... fucking Ivanka Trump, what does she know. Hats?

Dr. Who
11-20-2018, 10:27 PM
Who said she used a personal email server ?? all I've seen is private email account.
That is probably even worse. How many IT people have access to carrier servers and email accounts?

hanger4
11-20-2018, 10:27 PM
And allow me to add, if IK sent classified information via her private email or did not archive them according to the Presidential Records Act or the Federal Records Act then she should be held to account.

hanger4
11-20-2018, 10:31 PM
That is probably even worse. How many IT people have access to carrier servers and email accounts?Certainly not worse than HRC's private server.

Common Sense
11-20-2018, 10:35 PM
Without knowing exactly what she emailed, like Jimmy said, no formal investigation has been made.

Yeah, partisan so far, sorry. That you had to "illustrate hypocrisy" kind of confirms that.

Just saying...
Fair enough...but that you fail to see the hypocrisy could be seen as partisan on your part.

The fact is, we are all partisan to a degree.

Dr. Who
11-20-2018, 10:39 PM
I don't disagree.

I just reserve my better judgment when comparing a SOS and... Ivanka until there is more information.

If Ivanka emailed our launch codes then yeah, but... fucking Ivanka Trump, what does she know. Hats?
Given that she is or was privy to very inside information, who really knows? She was engaged in an advisory capacity - blatant nepotism I might add, which would have given her access to information at the highest levels. Even if she didn't process most of it, that doesn't mean that she didn't inadvertently share factoids that should not have appeared in her personal email. As Adelaide indicated, given her father's condemnation of Hillary's use of personal email, she should have known better than to ever use personal email to communicate with anyone in government. That reflects more on her father's judgment than her own.

Dr. Who
11-20-2018, 10:44 PM
Certainly not worse than HRC's private server.
Is it? A private server may have more levels of security than carrier servers, which quite frankly are not particularly secure. They get hacked all the time. The fewer people that have access to your email server the better. Major corporations do not use carrier servers for a reason.

hanger4
11-20-2018, 10:51 PM
Is it? A private server may have more levels of security than carrier servers, which quite frankly are not particularly secure. They get hacked all the time. The fewer people that have access to your email server the better. Major corporations do not use carrier servers for a reason.Comey said in his statement HRC's server wasn't even as secure as a commercial service like Gmail.

Adelaide
11-20-2018, 10:52 PM
I don't disagree.

Women and Israel are her issues according to Wikipedia. And self-help books with stolen platitudes. Don't diminish her important work in the WH, Captain.

Safety
11-20-2018, 10:54 PM
That's not what you said, you said; Comey clearly stated, "52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received"

Chains...as in an email could have been forwarded or replied to by someone 10 emails ago asking for a yes or no answer to Clinton, and she replied to the most current email without viewing the original email that was not marked classified.

Weak, weak sauce.

Captain Obvious
11-20-2018, 10:56 PM
Women and Israel are her issues according to Wikipedia. And self-help books with stolen platitudes. Don't diminish her important work in the WH, Captain.

So the risk here is... Jewish hats?

Safety
11-20-2018, 10:58 PM
I’m just going to say....for those that were chanting “lock her up” as a rallying cry for the right, let’s see you save face and condemn this new revelation about email abuse.

Dr. Who
11-20-2018, 11:00 PM
Comey said in his statement HRC's server wasn't even as secure as a commercial service like Gmail.
Perhaps not, but it had fewer people who had access. The reasons why servers get hacked are not always because some hacker genius managed to disable all of the firewalls, but sometimes because there is a weak link among the IT staff. I'm not defending Hillary's server, but I'm also not going to give a commercial carrier's server a pass either.

jimmyz
11-20-2018, 11:09 PM
I’m just going to say....for those that were chanting “lock her up” as a rallying cry for the right, let’s see you save face and condemn this new revelation about email abuse.

The S of State doing business on her personal server is more problematic than Trumps daughters emails...no? Let us see what she emailed. IIRC she is an adjunct adviser NOT in the mix of really secret goings on.

stjames1_53
11-21-2018, 05:53 AM

a sneeze feeds 'em.................

stjames1_53
11-21-2018, 06:06 AM
Ivanka used her personal account to email Cabinet officials, White House aides and assistants. Regardless of what she was communicating (and I am assuming based on the broad categories of WH staff that these were not invitations to parties or lunch) that it was somehow related to official business. That's a big no-no, full stop. Even if she wasn't communicating state secrets, she may have been discussing other information that might be useful to someone trying to assassinate the President or a member of his family. Her personal email server is not secure. Inconvenience was not a reasonable excuse for Hillary, nor should it be a reasonable excuse for Ivanka. She broke protocol.
First, you're adding words that were never there. She used a personal e-mail address, not a separate server. All of her emails went through a government server.
Hillary, your fav, created and used her own server, then tried to scrub it once it was found out, destroyed personal devices that might contain evidence, then sent all of those email to the Chinese and who else knows. The DNC's original server has also gone missing. Remember that one? The one she claimed had not been hacked by anyone?
Since you have a personal email address ( I can correctly assume) do YOU have your own server as well? One does not conflate to the other. But you already knew that, didn't you...............
You've come up empty handed, again................when are you going to stop taking a butt kicking over your idiotic assumptions?

hanger4
11-21-2018, 08:00 AM
Chains...as in an email could have been forwarded or replied to by someone 10 emails ago asking for a yes or no answer to Clinton, and she replied to the most current email without viewing the original email that was not marked classified.Weak, weak sauce.Are you seriously attempting to claim HRC, as SoS, never authored classified information sent in an email on her private server she conducted State Dept business on ??

hanger4
11-21-2018, 08:14 AM
Perhaps not, but it had fewer people who had access. The reasons why servers get hacked are not always because some hacker genius managed to disable all of the firewalls, but sometimes because there is a weak link among the IT staff. I'm not defending Hillary's server, but I'm also not going to give a commercial carrier's server a pass either.No passes given here either. If IK sent classified information and or failed to archive the emails according to the Federal Records Act and the Presidential Records Act, she needs to be held to account.

Hoosier8
11-21-2018, 08:20 AM
You must not know what abuse means. First, she didn't create a server in her basement to avoid the law. Second she didn't email classified information. Third, she didn't delete over 30K emails. Forth, using private email is still OK for non classified communications and on top of that, hers all follow the law and are archived by the government.

Anyone that thinks what she did is comparable to what Hillary did has a negative IQ.

Safety
11-21-2018, 08:36 AM
Are you seriously attempting to claim HRC, as SoS, never authored classified information sent in an email on her private server she conducted State Dept business on ??

That’s what the FBI said. Do you have inside information that they don’t? I would suggest you give them a call...

Safety
11-21-2018, 08:38 AM
You must not know what abuse means. First, she didn't create a server in her basement to avoid the law. Second she didn't email classified information. Third, she didn't delete over 30K emails. Forth, using private email is still OK for non classified communications and on top of that, hers all follow the law and are archived by the government.

Anyone that thinks what she did is comparable to what Hillary did has a negative IQ.

Translation: We only chanted “Lock her up” because we didn’t want her to be president. I don’t give a flying fuck about email or Benghazi.

:rofl:

Hoosier8
11-21-2018, 08:40 AM
Translation: We only chanted “Lock her up” because we didn’t want her to be president. I don’t give a flying $#@! about email or Benghazi.

:rofl:
So, negative IQ it is.

Safety
11-21-2018, 08:47 AM
So, negative IQ it is.

Yet, still higher than yours.

Hoosier8
11-21-2018, 08:49 AM
I suppose those with negative IQ that cannot see their own faults or failures would believe in just about anything. Kinda like hallucinating. Congrats.

Safety
11-21-2018, 08:54 AM
I suppose those with negative IQ that cannot see their own faults or failures would believe in just about anything. Kinda like hallucinating. Congrats.

I reckon, like whatever you say from this point forward, is more of a reflection of your IQ than mine.

hanger4
11-21-2018, 09:21 AM
That’s what the FBI said. Do you have inside information that they don’t? I would suggest you give them a call...That's not what FBI (Comey) said, Comey simply said " sent or received", that doesn't mean she didn't author or did author sent classified information. Your claim is she didn't author sent classified information, so I ask again, do you believe, as SoS, HRC never sent classified information via email on her personal server she conducted State Dept business on ??

stjames1_53
11-21-2018, 09:34 AM
That's not what FBI (Comey) said, Comey simply said " sent or received", that doesn't mean she didn't author or did author sent classified information. Your claim is she didn't author sent classified information, so I ask again, do you believe, as SoS, HRC never sent classified information via email on her personal server she conducted State Dept business on ??
deflection in

Safety
11-21-2018, 10:37 AM
That's not what FBI (Comey) said, Comey simply said " sent or received", that doesn't mean she didn't author or did author sent classified information. Your claim is she didn't author sent classified information, so I ask again, do you believe, as SoS, HRC never sent classified information via email on her personal server she conducted State Dept business on ??

Actually, what I said is what the FBI investigation concluded. Now, if you want to hang your argument on Comey’s press release, then you do that.

“Lordy, Lordy, I hope there are tapes...”

Ransom
11-21-2018, 10:54 AM
You're going to pretend you're upset....about Ivanka's email?

Hillary voters know no shame I reckon.

Happy Thanksgiving Safety. Probably won't be checking in for awhile. Hope you and your family enjoy.

Hoosier8
11-21-2018, 10:56 AM
Actually, what I said is what the FBI investigation concluded. Now, if you want to hang your argument on Comey’s press release, then you do that.

“Lordy, Lordy, I hope there are tapes...”

Comey concluded based on 'intent' which is not in the code. Basically he invented a pass for her I now call the Comey Standard. She broke the law just the same.

Ransom
11-21-2018, 11:00 AM
Saw CNN with the vapors over this issue so it's Safety's turn to twist and twinkle in whatever wind they're blowin.

Ransom
11-21-2018, 11:02 AM
Puppets.

MisterVeritis
11-21-2018, 11:07 AM
That is incorrect, the FBI investigation concluded that no email was sent by Clinton that was classified at the time it was sent.

"An FBI examination of Clinton's server found over 100 emails containing information that should have been marked classified including 65 emails deemed "Secret" and 22 deemed "Top Secret." None of these emails had classification markings. Three email chains contained one or more paragraphs marked "Confidential", the lowest level of classification. An additional 2,093 emails also not marked classified were retroactively classified by the State Department."

Lot's of people should have lost their clearances and jobs over this. Some should have been locked up for life.

Hoosier8
11-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Meh, the low IQ can't tell the difference in action. I wonder if they believe Ivanka wiped it with, like a cloth or something.

Ivanka didn't send or receive top secret intelligence via non-government email. Hillary did.
Ivanka didn't delete thousands of those non-government emails to prevent anyone from seeing them. Hillary did.
Ivanka didn't run a home-brew email server in a blatant attempt to evade future FOIA requests. Hillary did.
Ivanka didn't destroy phones with hammers to prevent the information within from being examined. Hillary did.

Captdon
11-21-2018, 11:10 AM
So basically, the entire #emailgate/#benghazigate was nothing more than a plot to try everything in the GOP’s power to prevent Clinton from becoming president. Since 2012 when Obama won the re-election, the effort to prevent/smear her was the only goal any GOP member/supporter had in mind. The same thing was the “caravan invasion” that was front page news for weeks leading up to the mid-terms, then as soon as it was over, not a $#@!ing peep was made by those that claimed it was the gravest danger to the republic.

All of this is imaginary. Clinton used a private server for work. Ivanka is using the WH server and saving a copy of each as the law requires.

I've told you before to pay attention to what is going on around you. The caravan is still in the news. look up Tijuana mayor. Try to keep up.

Look up border wire.

Try to use you brain for something other than fill up the empty space in your head.

Captdon
11-21-2018, 11:14 AM
That is probably even worse. How many IT people have access to carrier servers and email accounts?

She uses it for her personal business. She saves a copy on the WH server. So what.

Compare this to Hildebeast using a server in someone's bathroom to send State messages that disappeared.

MisterVeritis
11-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Did any of you critics go read the emails? I did. I am going to assume the people making the charges carefully read each email and led with the worst, most damaging ones.

How did the worst ones go? Something like this:

Thanks for the invite. In the future my White House email address is...

Captdon
11-21-2018, 11:17 AM

Yet, still lower than mine.

hanger4
11-21-2018, 11:42 AM
Actually, what I said is what the FBI investigation concluded. Now, if you want to hang your argument on Comey’s press release, then you do that. “Lordy, Lordy, I hope there are tapes...”Fine, then produce a link to the finial FBI report and C&P the part/s that contradict what Comey's statement says. I'll wait.

AZ Jim
11-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Yet, still lower than mine.Why don't you give it a rest?

stjames1_53
11-21-2018, 12:28 PM
Why don't you give it a rest?

because sore losers like you won't............

Ransom
11-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Why don't you give it a rest?
A walk in the woods gives many a rest, are you suggesting a walk in the woods, Jimmy?

:biglaugh:

Safety
11-21-2018, 01:24 PM
"An FBI examination of Clinton's server found over 100 emails containing information that should have been marked classified including 65 emails deemed "Secret" and 22 deemed "Top Secret." None of these emails had classification markings. Three email chains contained one or more paragraphs marked "Confidential", the lowest level of classification. An additional 2,093 emails also not marked classified were retroactively classified by the State Department."

Lot's of people should have lost their clearances and jobs over this. Some should have been locked up for life.

Safety
11-21-2018, 01:28 PM
Yet, still lower than mine.

Interesting, considering the fact that you had to recruit help from a sister forum to “handle” me. Actions speak louder than empty words...

MisterVeritis
11-21-2018, 01:29 PM

Being unmarked does not make them unclassified. Those emails came off classified networks. Someone had to remove the markings. Every involved person should have lost his/her security clearance.

By now you know the truth. Why do you pretend you don't?

Safety
11-21-2018, 01:38 PM

Being unmarked does not make them unclassified. Those emails came off classified networks. Someone had to remove the markings. Every involved person should have lost his/her security clearance.

By now you know the truth. Why do you pretend you don't?

You offer nothing but unsubstantiated claims that reek of subjective and emotional wrist wringing.

MisterVeritis
11-21-2018, 01:40 PM
You offer nothing but unsubstantiated claims that reek of subjective and emotional wrist wringing.
I suppose having been a part of the intelligence community for nearly two decades give me no special insights.

Safety
11-21-2018, 01:43 PM
I suppose having been a part of the intelligence community for nearly two decades give me no special insights.

On an anonymous message board? :rofl:

MisterVeritis
11-21-2018, 01:45 PM
On an anonymous message board? :rofl:
I get it. You are wholly invested in your lies.

hanger4
11-21-2018, 05:09 PM
Actually, what I said is what the FBI investigation concluded. Now, if you want to hang your argument on Comey’s press release, then you do that. “Lordy, Lordy, I hope there are tapes...”
Fine, then produce a link to the finial FBI report and C&P the part/s that contradict what Comey's statement says. I'll wait.I'm still waiting Safety

Tahuyaman
11-21-2018, 05:12 PM
Seriously, anyone claiming this is comparable has a negative IQ. Seriously.

After going through the campaign with her father, she knew about how issues surrounding emails will be viewed and reported. She should have used better judgement.

However her email issue and Clinton’s aren’t remotely comparable.

Safety
11-21-2018, 05:15 PM
I'm still waiting Safety

I guess you will be waiting a while, because I’m not here to supplant your argument for you. I said that no email originated from Clinton’s “server” that was marked classified, which I have provided FBI’s conclusion that backs that claim. Whatever tangent you are trying to embark on will have to be done on your own dime.

hanger4
11-21-2018, 05:33 PM
I guess you will be waiting a while, because I’m not here to supplant your argument for you. I said that no email originated from Clinton’s “server” that was marked classified, which I have provided FBI’s conclusion that backs that claim. Whatever tangent you are trying to embark on will have to be done on your own dime.You've provided nothing but your own say so. And while you're ignoring substantiation of your claims read this about HRC's compromising of email systems from the IG report; ............... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-thiessen-hillary-clinton-emails-fbi-comey-0621-20180620-story,amp.html ............... And when your done with that go to this PBS link; ................. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/read-the-full-report-on-the-fbis-handling-of-the-clinton-email-probe .............. And download the pdf file containing the entire 500 page IG report and bring yourself up to speed.

Tahuyaman
11-21-2018, 05:35 PM
No amount of word games can change the fact that Mrs Clinton mishandled classified information and destroyed thousands of other classified documents which were under subpoena.

MisterVeritis
11-21-2018, 05:41 PM
I guess you will be waiting a while, because I’m not here to supplant your argument for you. I said that no email originated from Clinton’s “server” that was marked classified, which I have provided FBI’s conclusion that backs that claim. Whatever tangent you are trying to embark on will have to be done on your own dime.
Do you believe Crooked Hillary never replied to any of the 60K plus emails she received?

Are you really as dumb as you portray yourself or are you dishonest?

Someone took top-secret messages off a classified network, removed the markings and mailed them to Crooked Hillary. No one would do this without top cover.

It is time for a special counsel to thoroughly investigate Crooked, her minions, Comey and his minions with a view toward indictments, prosecutions, convictions, and sentences.

Tahuyaman
11-21-2018, 05:43 PM
That is incorrect, the FBI investigation concluded that no email was sent by Clinton that was classified at the time it was sent.You are incorrect. Comey said in a hearing that there was indeed information sent and received by Mrs.Clinton which was classified at the time it was sent or received.

Safety
11-21-2018, 05:43 PM
Do you believe Crooked Hillary never replied to any of the 60K plus emails she received?

Someone took top-secret messages off a classified network, removed the markings and mailed them to Crooked Hillary. No one would do this without top cover.

It is time for a special counsel to thoroughly investigate Crooked, her minions, Comey and his minions with a view toward indictments, prosecutions, convictions, and sentences.
hanger4

My case rests.

MisterVeritis
11-21-2018, 05:45 PM
@hanger4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403)

My case rests.
She and whoever removed the materials from a classified network broke the law.

I will settle on dishonesty. You are dishonest. Crooked Safety.

hanger4
11-21-2018, 05:55 PM
hanger4My case rests.You had no case to rest.

MisterVeritis
11-21-2018, 05:56 PM
You had no case to rest.
Crooked Safety is going to do what he does.

Hoosier8
11-21-2018, 06:06 PM
After going through the campaign with her father, she knew about how issues surrounding emails will be viewed and reported. She should have used better judgement.

However her email issue and Clinton’s aren’t remotely comparable.

Doesn’t matter. Private email is still allowed. Someone (TDS sufferers) are trying to make a mountain out of a legal molehill.

stjames1_53
11-21-2018, 07:00 PM

and let us NOT forget that a great many of them ended up on The Weiner's laptop.....wonder how that happened........

Peter1469
11-21-2018, 07:27 PM

I have only had secret clearances, never needed a top secret. But I was told on various occasions that even if we see something that is classified published on the Internet we could not spread it or even tell our family and friends about it.

hanger4
11-21-2018, 07:27 PM
I guess you will be waiting a while, because I’m not here to supplant your argument for you. I said that no email originated from Clinton’s “server” that was marked classified, which I have provided FBI’s conclusion that backs that claim. Whatever tangent you are trying to embark on will have to be done on your own dime.*I said that no email originated from Clinton’s “server” that was marked classified,* ......... BTW Safety that's not what you said, you said;
That is incorrect, the FBI investigation concluded that no email was sent by Clinton that was classified at the time it was sent.That's twice now you needed to be reminded of what you actually said. Poor memory or moving of the goalposts ??

Peter1469
11-21-2018, 07:33 PM
Doesn’t matter. Private email is still allowed. Someone (TDS sufferers) are trying to make a mountain out of a legal molehill.

Obama signed an EO telling executive agency personnel to not use private email. Trump did not rescind it; but that EO has the force of executive policy- it is not criminal.

MisterVeritis
11-21-2018, 07:34 PM
*I said that no email originated from Clinton’s “server” that was marked classified,* ......... BTW Safety that's not what you said, you said; That's twice now you needed to be reminded of what you actually said. Poor memory or moving of the goalposts ??
It is Crooked Safety.

Peter1469
11-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Obama signed an EO telling executive agency personnel to not use private email. Trump did not rescind it; but that EO has the force of executive policy- it is not criminal.
Political appointees have to carry two cell phones, a work one for work (by force of policy) and a personal cell for political work (by force of law) as well as private matters (by force of regulation). A lot of high level political appointees claim it is too complicated to separate everything they do with cell phones. There was a time the executive branch contemplated taking cell phones away and prohibiting the use of private phones while working (but since political appointees are always working it was deemed to be unenforceable.)

Tahuyaman
11-21-2018, 11:26 PM
@hanger4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403)

My case rests.your case blew up.

Hoosier8
11-22-2018, 11:19 AM

Outlined private email use, not banned.