PDA

View Full Version : Mexican ambassador to the US: There are criminals in the caravan

Common
11-21-2018, 08:15 AM
Geronimo Gutierrez told the Washington Examiner that while there were criminal elements in the caravan, he could not put a number on how many there might be. A Department of Homeland Security official reportedly said on Monday the department estimates that there are more than 500 criminals traveling in the caravan heading toward the U.S.

The Washington Examiner asked Gutierrez if that number was consistent with his information. He responded: “What I can tell you is that we, you know, work together very closely with the United States through different mechanisms to look at people that are moving through our region and I think that’s positive because it allows us to identify individuals that might have a criminal background,”

Gutierrez was speaking after a discussion on Tuesday at the Brookings Institution titled, "Trade and borders: A reset for U.S.-Mexico relations in the Trump era?"

“I think that those numbers, precisely, were, I don’t know exactly where those numbers are coming from but I do know we have strong cooperation with the United States to identify people that have criminal records that are coming into our region, and that just makes sense, and that’s an example of the good cooperation that Mexico and the United States have,” he added.

“I don’t know where that number of 500 – I’m skeptical about it," he said. "I mean, we share the opinion that there are people that have criminal backgrounds in that group and yes, the numbers I cannot comment because the numbers are, I just don’t think there’s enough clarify about what those numbers come from.”

Last week, video surfaced of migrants, who are reportedly part of the caravan, attempting to jump over the border fence (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/migrants-from-caravan-begin-climbing-border-fence-in-tijuana). President Trump has referred to the caravan as an invasion.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mexican-ambassador-to-the-us-there-are-criminals-in-the-caravan

MMC
11-21-2018, 12:38 PM
Uh oh.....that goes against the lefts narrative.

When will they start calling him a racist?

MMC
11-22-2018, 05:57 AM
I wonder if those leftists at the Brooking Institute listened to what he had to say. Or told him he was just making shit up.