PDA

View Full Version : How to reclaim our nation, By The People For The People, and what that means!

Just AnotherPerson
11-22-2018, 05:09 PM
Please copy and share this and use it as your own, if you wish.

We are being divided purposefully. There is big money being floated around by big players to do everything in their power to divide us, and make us hate one another. Even our media is partaking in this division. They do not want Trump to be impeached. They are actually protecting him. They use petty stories that they know, can’t really hurt him. They will not use real information that could get him impeached. So the media makes it appear as though they are against him, but they are really his protectors.

This is all being orchestrated to cause us to no longer want to participate. It is used to make people give up hope, and become non-participating citizens. They do not want us to participate in our democracy at all, so that they can get away with, and do, anything they want.

We have the people on the far right just trying to strong arm and crush anyone with any left leanings. They will use violent means, even here in the forums. We have the far left who takes to the streets in protest, begging for it all to stop. We have the non-participants who just sit back watching this mad house, and washing their hands of it. This has all been created on purpose. This is what they want us to be like. This is not normal.

If the people would just wake up and realize that this is our nation, and step in, and do their simple part, we could change this nation with rapid speed. There will always be normal division, and disagreement, but that is healthy. We can debate those issues. But what we have become now is not normal.

The answer is so simple that it is silly. All we need to do is step back in, and participate in our democracy. That is the privilege that we have for being born on this soil. We are allowed to participate in our governance. They have tried to blind us of this simple truth, by dividing us, and causing us to step aside, and let them do it all.

This democracy is ours, we are a nation by the people for the people. Our participation is needed more than ever. If we want to have a democracy we have to utilize it. We can’t get what we want by just being angry about it. It is really simple. Every district has its own representative. You just need to start communicating with your representatives. If we do just that one simple thing we will change this entire nation one district at a time.

Our representatives are just human beings like you and me. They actually want to hear the voices of the people. Many of them try to do right by the people who put them in office. All you need to do is follow the issues that are important to you, and when there is something that you want them to know, or something that you want them to vote on in a certain way, you contact them through email, or by phone, or even letter. You have two reps from every state, and one rep from your particular district, you can contact all three. But you can take it farther than that as well and contact any reps that you want if there are issues that are big enough that you need to be heard on.

Getting involved is really simple. This is our nation, and this is how we can take it back. We can begin to make changes, and pass legislation that ends corruption. We can bring about voter reform, to ensure our voices are heard. We can look for and encourage decent people to run for office. If we can do some simple studying of our constitution. And if we are not afraid to do just a little studying when there is an issue of importance to us, then we can make real changes. It is by not participating, that corruption will just increase in our nation, and our voice will become mute. We can’t allow this to happen. We are very lucky to have been born in this nation. What it means to be born here, is that we have a democracy, and we have some freedoms that many other nations do not. In order to enjoy this privilege we need to become participants in our democracy. We need to step in and do our duty, it is our one thing that we have to do, in order to make this nation the way we want it to be.

If we step out and don’t participate, then it will no longer be a nation by the people for the people, it will be a nation by the corporations for the corporations. When we allow this to happen then suddenly our voices are no longer heard. There is voter fraud, and our nation begins to use blood as a commodity, and brings war to other nations as a business practice. Corruption becomes the norm. We end up with a corporate president who oversteps his bounds, and violates the constitution, to uphold the will of the corporations, and the will of other nations, all in the interests of the powerful.

If we don’t like these things, by stepping out of it, it will only get worse. This is exactly what they want, is for you to give up your democracy. But this is a nation by the people for the people, and we are not taught this, but it can’t be by the people, without our participation. We need to be involved directly. It is a small part, but it is what we need to do. It is what makes our nation unique. The democracy is already in place. We don’t need to do anything special. We can just start participating again, and begin to change our nation starting today!

This is possible and it is far more powerful than any other thing we can do, to try and make changes in our nation. It needs to be done by us. We can’t wait for a savior who will come and rescue our nation. We need to be our own saviors, and get started right away. It does not matter if your representatives are a democrat, or a republican, they are still the representatives of your voice, and they will listen and take seriously anything that you tell them.

There are people who are purposefully trying to destroy our democracy, and to make sure that our voices are never heard. These people are not normal citizens. They do not represent the voice of the people of this nation, they only represent the voice of the ultra-powerful, and the voices of the corporations. They do everything in their power, and use violent means, to try and shut down any voice of reason. We must not let these provocateurs, stop us from reclaiming our nation, and reclaiming our democracy.

This democracy is our birth right, and who is anyone to take it from us? When a sparrow is born its birth right is to fly, and to be free. So too we have our own birth right, and that is, our democracy, and our freedoms. Do not let thieves of democracy take what is yours!

I give permission to anyone to share this document with anyone they wish, feel free to copy and paste it and use it as your own and encourage others to do the same. We need to get the word out for all of us to rise to the occasion, and begin to truly serve our nation by restoring it. We can do it with our voice and our participation.

I hope the best for us all!

I will include a video that I made as well that tells how we can reclaim our democracy, it is much the same as what I said above.

https://youtu.be/ksVN3wRU184

Chris
11-22-2018, 06:58 PM
Democracy is the worst form of government

Mister D
11-22-2018, 07:02 PM
Democracy is the worst form of government
I disagree. Mass democracy and liberal democracy have serous problems. Democracy per se I don't think is all that bad.

Chris
11-22-2018, 07:06 PM
I disagree. Mass democracy and liberal democracy have serous problems. Democracy per se I don't think is all that bad.

She likely means the former

Mister D
11-22-2018, 07:09 PM
She likely means the former
She definitely means the former and I have no desire to "reclaim" it.

Captain Obvious
11-22-2018, 09:24 PM
Hooray for democracy...

Peter1469
11-22-2018, 11:57 PM
We are so prosperous of a nation than most people are working and building for their own future that they have little time for politics. The historic nations that had a class of citizens participate in politics used slaves to get the mundane work done.

The US could never work as a democracy. People are more concerned with their lives than politics. That is why so few vote for representatives to think politics for them.

jimmyz
11-23-2018, 12:11 AM
I saw a commercial by Mr. Steyer the Dem billionaire on TV tonight asking for signatures and support to impeach Trump tonight on TV. I have not seen that before.

Peter1469
11-23-2018, 12:15 AM
I saw a commercial by Mr. Steyer the Dem billionaire on TV tonight asking for signatures and support to impeach Trump tonight on TV. I have not seen that before.

That dude lost a lot of money backing horse Hillary. I see he hasn't learned his lesson.

Just AnotherPerson
11-23-2018, 01:22 AM
We are so prosperous of a nation than most people are working and building for their own future that they have little time for politics. The historic nations that had a class of citizens participate in politics used slaves to get the mundane work done.

The US could never work as a democracy. People are more concerned with their lives than politics. That is why so few vote for representatives to think politics for them.
That was true not so long ago, But things are becoming so serious that we no longer can sit aside and allow atrocities in our names. We are no longer so prosperous. We are losing the greatest wealth that we had and that is our morals, and what we stand for. Everything that our nation once stood for is being destroyed by our current administration, it is forcing us to rise up and reclaim our rightful positions as the people in our democracy. This is a nation by the people for the people if we don't get involved then it is no longer by the people. We are being forced to step up and do our duty because we have a rogue president who has taken things way too far. If we don't do it all will be lost.

Common
11-23-2018, 01:23 AM
This philosphy that the rich plot to keep us divided is nothing new, its been around since I can remember.

If there is a group that is keeping us divided, they have done a magnificent job and have WON the prize

Just AnotherPerson
11-23-2018, 01:25 AM

I am not the biggest fan of impeachment, because the thought of Pence as president scares me worse than Trump. Although I am not sure if our nation can last another two years under Trump.

Captain Obvious
11-23-2018, 01:53 AM
I am not the biggest fan of impeachment, because the thought of Pence as president scares me worse than Trump. Although I am not sure if our nation can last another two years under Trump.

The republic is assured at least for the time being because of Trump.

After Trump who knows.

8 years of Bammy was disastrous.

Common
11-23-2018, 02:00 AM
The republic is assured at least for the time being because of Trump.

After Trump who knows.

8 years of Bammy was disastrous.

Hear Hear but you will never get that admission past a liberals lips

Chris
11-23-2018, 03:34 AM
That was true not so long ago, But things are becoming so serious that we no longer can sit aside and allow atrocities in our names. We are no longer so prosperous. We are losing the greatest wealth that we had and that is our morals, and what we stand for. Everything that our nation once stood for is being destroyed by our current administration, it is forcing us to rise up and reclaim our rightful positions as the people in our democracy. This is a nation by the people for the people if we don't get involved then it is no longer by the people. We are being forced to step up and do our duty because we have a rogue president who has taken things way too far. If we don't do it all will be lost.

Maybe that's what happens when a nation becomes more and more liberal, more and more democratic.

Peter1469
11-23-2018, 03:38 AM
I believe Realpolitik is the "moral" way to govern. That means focusing on the nations vital interests. Even more so for a world power whose actions can crash the global economy. Which is what would happen were we too hard on Saudi Arabia if we did anything meaningful over one man's death.

Would you like to borrow my copy of The Prince? :smiley:

Tahuyaman
11-23-2018, 08:31 AM
Democracy is the worst form of government but still a better alternative than all the others.

Tahuyaman
11-23-2018, 08:35 AM

We don't need slaves. We have the migrant underclass willing to perform the mundane tasks.

Captdon
11-23-2018, 11:51 AM

The midterms had a huge turnout of less than 50%.

MisterVeritis
11-23-2018, 11:56 AM
First, thanks for the laughs. I appreciate the effort you put into your humorous posts.

What atrocities are occurring in your name?
Why do you keep calling a representative republic a democracy?
What things the nation has stood for (I assume you do not mean the Constitution) are being destroyed by this administration? Be specific.

MisterVeritis
11-23-2018, 11:57 AM
but still a better alternative than all the others.
You err. A mixed representative republic is far better than any democracy.

Captdon
11-23-2018, 11:58 AM

We are no better or worse off than any other time. We have never had a government of the people. We have always had a government of a few of the people.

This post gave you away and you don't know it. This administration has dome better that Obama's and yo attack trump. You are just another left-wing brain-frozen zombie. You don't do your own thinking.

My idea is for the trump voters to take over the Republican party the way you loons took over the Democrats. Then the country will be better.

My morals are fine. Look to yourself.

Captdon
11-23-2018, 11:59 AM

You are very foolish.

Tahuyaman
11-23-2018, 12:11 PM
You err. A mixed representative republic is far better than any democracy.
But you're a dictator at heart.

Chris
11-23-2018, 12:19 PM
but still a better alternative than all the others.

No, not really.

Tahuyaman
11-23-2018, 12:33 PM
No, not really.
Yes, really. There’s not one problem which can not solved by having more freedoms.

Chris
11-23-2018, 12:56 PM
Yes, really. There’s not one problem which can not solved by having more freedoms.

Essentially what the OP is calling for is increase majoritarian democracy, already a negative, where the majority can vote how to use other people's money if not to take away freedoms.

MisterVeritis
11-23-2018, 02:41 PM
A mixed representative republic is far better than any democracy.

But you're a dictator at heart.
Is it because I believe as the Framers did? It is okay to admit you prefer something else.

MisterVeritis
11-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Democracy is not about freedoms. It is about mob rule.

Constitutional representative republics ensure minorities are protected in ways a democracy cannot. A democracy can remove the protection of any right the majority chooses. In addition, in a democracy, the citizens decide every issue. When was the last time you voted on an important issue?

Peter1469
11-23-2018, 02:48 PM
Many, to include B. Franklin, consider democracy to be the worse form of government.

Chris
11-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Many, to include B. Franklin, consider democracy to be the worse form of government.

Seemed to work for the ancient Greeks for a time.

I think it's possible on a local scale, where people know and trust one another because of similar backgrounds, language, customs, etc.

Peter1469
11-23-2018, 03:00 PM

I think it's possible on a local scale, where people know and trust one another because of similar backgrounds, language, customs, etc.
It worked for the Greeks because they severely limited who was a citizen.

Chris
11-23-2018, 03:09 PM
It worked for the Greeks because they severely limited who was a citizen.

Definitely not today's mass democracy.

MisterVeritis
11-23-2018, 03:14 PM

I suppose a small city with a thousand or so people can get together all day long once or twice a week to debate and decide issues.

Peter1469
11-23-2018, 05:01 PM
When democracy first took hold in ancient Athens (4th century BC) there were between 250,000 to 300,000 people. 100,000 were in citizen families and about 30,000 were males allowed to vote.

wiki says

MisterVeritis
11-23-2018, 06:19 PM
When democracy first took hold in ancient Athens (4th century BC) there were between 250,000 to 300,000 people. 100,000 were in citizen families and about 30,000 were males allowed to vote.
wiki says
Did wiki mention there were between 120 and 200 city-states, each of which was politically independent?

Peter1469
11-23-2018, 06:59 PM
Did wiki mention there were between 120 and 200 city-states, each of which was politically independent?

I was referring to one of them- Athens (and the area immediately around it).

MisterVeritis
11-23-2018, 07:06 PM
I was referring to one of them- Athens (and the area immediately around it).
Okay.

donttread
11-24-2018, 09:03 AM

All forms of government are flawed even beyond the typical flaws of normal human nature. This is because we don't tend to put normal humans in power but rather the most cut throat , power addicted among us who are willing to do anything to gain and keep power. Power corrupts before it is gained!

Chris
11-24-2018, 10:12 AM
I suppose a small city with a thousand or so people can get together all day long once or twice a week to debate and decide issues.

I'd start at the neighborhood level.

Hoosier8
11-24-2018, 10:17 AM
Please copy and share this and use it as your own, if you wish.

We are being divided purposefully. There is big money being floated around by big players to do everything in their power to divide us, and make us hate one another. Even our media is partaking in this division. They do not want Trump to be impeached. They are actually protecting him. They use petty stories that they know, can’t really hurt him. They will not use real information that could get him impeached. So the media makes it appear as though they are against him, but they are really his protectors.

This is all being orchestrated to cause us to no longer want to participate. It is used to make people give up hope, and become non-participating citizens. They do not want us to participate in our democracy at all, so that they can get away with, and do, anything they want.

We have the people on the far right just trying to strong arm and crush anyone with any left leanings. They will use violent means, even here in the forums. We have the far left who takes to the streets in protest, begging for it all to stop. We have the non-participants who just sit back watching this mad house, and washing their hands of it. This has all been created on purpose. This is what they want us to be like. This is not normal.

If the people would just wake up and realize that this is our nation, and step in, and do their simple part, we could change this nation with rapid speed. There will always be normal division, and disagreement, but that is healthy. We can debate those issues. But what we have become now is not normal.

The answer is so simple that it is silly. All we need to do is step back in, and participate in our democracy. That is the privilege that we have for being born on this soil. We are allowed to participate in our governance. They have tried to blind us of this simple truth, by dividing us, and causing us to step aside, and let them do it all.

This democracy is ours, we are a nation by the people for the people. Our participation is needed more than ever. If we want to have a democracy we have to utilize it. We can’t get what we want by just being angry about it. It is really simple. Every district has its own representative. You just need to start communicating with your representatives. If we do just that one simple thing we will change this entire nation one district at a time.

Our representatives are just human beings like you and me. They actually want to hear the voices of the people. Many of them try to do right by the people who put them in office. All you need to do is follow the issues that are important to you, and when there is something that you want them to know, or something that you want them to vote on in a certain way, you contact them through email, or by phone, or even letter. You have two reps from every state, and one rep from your particular district, you can contact all three. But you can take it farther than that as well and contact any reps that you want if there are issues that are big enough that you need to be heard on.

Getting involved is really simple. This is our nation, and this is how we can take it back. We can begin to make changes, and pass legislation that ends corruption. We can bring about voter reform, to ensure our voices are heard. We can look for and encourage decent people to run for office. If we can do some simple studying of our constitution. And if we are not afraid to do just a little studying when there is an issue of importance to us, then we can make real changes. It is by not participating, that corruption will just increase in our nation, and our voice will become mute. We can’t allow this to happen. We are very lucky to have been born in this nation. What it means to be born here, is that we have a democracy, and we have some freedoms that many other nations do not. In order to enjoy this privilege we need to become participants in our democracy. We need to step in and do our duty, it is our one thing that we have to do, in order to make this nation the way we want it to be.

If we step out and don’t participate, then it will no longer be a nation by the people for the people, it will be a nation by the corporations for the corporations. When we allow this to happen then suddenly our voices are no longer heard. There is voter fraud, and our nation begins to use blood as a commodity, and brings war to other nations as a business practice. Corruption becomes the norm. We end up with a corporate president who oversteps his bounds, and violates the constitution, to uphold the will of the corporations, and the will of other nations, all in the interests of the powerful.

If we don’t like these things, by stepping out of it, it will only get worse. This is exactly what they want, is for you to give up your democracy. But this is a nation by the people for the people, and we are not taught this, but it can’t be by the people, without our participation. We need to be involved directly. It is a small part, but it is what we need to do. It is what makes our nation unique. The democracy is already in place. We don’t need to do anything special. We can just start participating again, and begin to change our nation starting today!

This is possible and it is far more powerful than any other thing we can do, to try and make changes in our nation. It needs to be done by us. We can’t wait for a savior who will come and rescue our nation. We need to be our own saviors, and get started right away. It does not matter if your representatives are a democrat, or a republican, they are still the representatives of your voice, and they will listen and take seriously anything that you tell them.

There are people who are purposefully trying to destroy our democracy, and to make sure that our voices are never heard. These people are not normal citizens. They do not represent the voice of the people of this nation, they only represent the voice of the ultra-powerful, and the voices of the corporations. They do everything in their power, and use violent means, to try and shut down any voice of reason. We must not let these provocateurs, stop us from reclaiming our nation, and reclaiming our democracy.

This democracy is our birth right, and who is anyone to take it from us? When a sparrow is born its birth right is to fly, and to be free. So too we have our own birth right, and that is, our democracy, and our freedoms. Do not let thieves of democracy take what is yours!

I give permission to anyone to share this document with anyone they wish, feel free to copy and paste it and use it as your own and encourage others to do the same. We need to get the word out for all of us to rise to the occasion, and begin to truly serve our nation by restoring it. We can do it with our voice and our participation.

I hope the best for us all!

I will include a video that I made as well that tells how we can reclaim our democracy, it is much the same as what I said above.

https://youtu.be/ksVN3wRU184

Wasn’t that long ago that wanting your country back was racist.