PDA

View Full Version : Failure To Respond To Threat Of Climate Change, ‘Would Betray Our Children And Future

Cigar
01-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Obama Goes Hawkish: Failure To Respond To Threat Of Climate Change, ‘Would Betray Our Children And Future Generations’

Obama went all climate hawk on America in his second inaugural address (full text here). These are, I believe, his longest and strongest remarks on the subject in any major national speech, let alone one of this import:

We, the people, still believe that our obligations as Americans are not just to ourselves, but to all posterity. We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations. Some may still deny the overwhelming judgment of science, but none can avoid the devastating impact of raging fires, and crippling drought, and more powerful storms.

The path towards sustainable energy sources will be long and sometimes difficult. But America cannot resist this transition; we must lead it. We cannot cede to other nations the technology that will power new jobs and new industries – we must claim its promise. That is how we will maintain our economic vitality and our national treasure – our forests and waterways; our croplands and snowcapped peaks. That is how we will preserve our planet, commanded to our care by God. That’s what will lend meaning to the creed our fathers once declared.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/01/21/1475231/obama-goes-hawkish-failure-to-respond-to-threat-of-climate-change-would-betray-our-children-and-future-generations/

Chris
01-21-2013, 02:13 PM
What threat? Temps have been virtually flat for 16 years.

Cigar
01-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Yea right ... flat?

keymanjim
01-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Now obama wants to legislate the sun?

keymanjim
01-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Seriously, the boy's track record of choosing profitable 'green' companies is not so great.
Romney, being a real businessman, would have never made the investing mistakes obama has.

Cigar
01-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Seriously, the boy's track record of choosing profitable 'green' companies is not so great.
Romney, being a real businessman, would have never made the investing mistakes obama has.

Guess who's in office sport ... :grin:

Chris
01-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Yea right ... flat?

Statistically, yes. I've already shown you the data in a couple threads on this. Do I need to again? Or are you a denier?

Chris
01-21-2013, 02:26 PM

The one with the miserable corny capitalist record of picking the wrong environmental companies.

Cigar
01-21-2013, 02:41 PM
The one with the miserable corny capitalist record of picking the wrong environmental companies.

yep that's the one ... so where your Guy?

Chris
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
yep that's the one ... so where your Guy?

I don't have a guy.

Cigar
01-21-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't have a guy.

That explains the results ...

keymanjim
01-21-2013, 03:06 PM
With as much as 140% of the vote.

Things that make your go "Hmmm...?"

Cigar
01-21-2013, 03:09 PM
With as much as 140% of the vote.

Things that make your go "Hmmm...?"

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/275917/slide_275917_2006315_free.jpg?1358778047874

Chris
01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
That explains the results ...

So who's your guy, cigar? Who's leg do you hump?

Deadwood
01-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Ahem...

The banner on this is misleading to say the least.

Could the poster please list at least three ways that "global warming' is a "threat"?

As this has happened at least three times during man's time on earth, and the polar bears survived and species did not go extinct, the lands did not sink, California did not break in two and the sky did not catch fire.

We can all gather in Northern Canada around a 10,000 year old vineyard and discuss just how that could have happened and was a "threat".

Until then, anything posted about climate change, global warming or banning farts will be considered pure spam by an uniformed, ignorant, imbecile.

Have a good day.

lynn
01-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Its too late now to do anything about climate change and our government knows it.

Deadwood
01-21-2013, 03:16 PM

ah....

we have to have a serious conversation about the corporate welfare being dished out to oil companies to drill in South America, where there are no environmental laws......these fucks are killing the land and being subsidized by the little turd prince in the Oral Office.

Oh yeah, da man who "stopped" the Keystone pipeline be da hero ob da day.....now gimme da free phone and shut de mout...

Deadwood
01-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Its too late now to do anything about climate change and our government knows it.

Do?

Hmmmmmm...

They got you too huh?

Here's what is missed by the global warming swindlers....they have supplied data they say is conclusive [even though the 'hockey stick from which it is derived is an admitted lie] that we are passed the point of being able to do anything....the seas are going to rise and Manhattan is going to be the new Miami.

Argument one: If we are past the point of turning it around why are we spending so much $ on trying to do so and not on how to lessen the damages?

Ignoring that, they still want government to spend money.......and guess what it gets spent on? Salaries. Yep, just like everything else, it all goes to salaries, over 4 million jobs are now dependent on donated money for employment in the "global warming industry", one which has produced nothing. Three quarters of them are in government.

And these fools aver that by getting people to buy hybrid cars we are somehow going to make a difference when 88% of CO2 comes from natural sources, decomposition of forest and grassland greens, exhaling by animals and man, volcanoes and, believe it or not, the ocean as it gives up the CO2 and nitrogen from the trillions and trillions of life forms that die and rot in the earth's waters.

So if we take away ALL man made CO2? We reduce the emissions by, wait for it, 12 per cent, max......and cut that to 7% if we leave out China and India.

But since there's no point, we're passed the point........why not just burn the money? Same result.

Yeah, the world is getting hotter...and cigarettes are GOOD for you...just like the scientists told us...same science, different guys, same motivation: $$$$$

keymanjim
01-21-2013, 04:01 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/275917/slide_275917_2006315_free.jpg?1358778047874
And only three people missed work that day.
Are they going to leave it as clean as they did last time?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j191/mikesamerica/mikesamerica2/610x-105.jpg

patrickt
01-21-2013, 04:02 PM

It's never too late to raise taxes and increase redistribution. That's the solution the liberals have been promoting all along.

Deadwood
01-21-2013, 04:09 PM
It's never too late to raise taxes and increase redistribution. That's the solution the liberals have been promoting all along.

And there, sir, you have the reason and basis for the entire global warming "issue".

EVERY proposed solution involves wealth redistribution, just like Kyoto...

that's what it's all about. Know why?

Because the 'leaders' of the gw movement are all the same old rent-a-crowd extreme left "peace activists" who made their living with that back before the Berlin wall came down. Same guys, just moved over and took over Greenpeace et alia.

Did you know that of the 2,500 alleged signatories to the IPCC protocol that over 1,500 of them do not have any formal training in any science? Yep. And over 800 that were scientists did indeed take part and DISAGREED with the IPCC findings but they used their names anyway.

It a big fat lie. That's what leftists do.

I mean look at Cigar's posts. Has he ever posted anything that could be substantiated?

One.

Big

Fat

Fucking

Lie

Mainecoons
01-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Hey don't knock it. algore got quite rich off of that racket. I'm jealous.

:grin:

Peter1469
01-21-2013, 05:49 PM
We are likely getting close to the next Ice Age, and the Warmists want to speed it up! :shocked:

zelmo1234
01-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Yea right ... flat?

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/11/30/hide-the-decline-worse-than-we-thought/

You are correct, they are actually going down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqc7PCJ-nc For your enjoyment!

Peter1469
01-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Pretty funny!

Deadwood
01-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Most excellent video.

The truth is out there......we just have to sift through all the bullshit to get to it.

But then they made the job a bit easier by bragging about lying and how they could "prove" the moon was madfe out of cheese by using the hockey stick.

Hey!

That reminds me. what ever happened to the end of the world via thinning of the ozone layer? We don't hear about that so much any more when we had predictions from the same "scientists" that we would be unable to remain out doors for more than a few seconds by the year 2015. Ah guys, we're two years away from that catastrophe when all these IPCC types are jawing about the oceans.

And aren't we supposed to be having like hurricanes every day by now? I mean that's what they were saying in the early 90's...so maybe the "data" changed or something...I mean these academics would never exaggerate the situation to get massive grants. No, wouldn't happen.

Private Pickle
01-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Don't use my kids to further your personal agenda Mr. President...

patrickt
01-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Responding to an imaginary threat by raising taxes. That is, to use Cigar's categories, both delusional and mentally ill.

Cigar
01-22-2013, 09:07 AM
What's it like being a Dinosaur? :grin:

Watching your world pass you by ...

keymanjim
01-22-2013, 09:09 AM
What's it like being a Dinosaur? :grin:

Watching your world pass you by ...
What's it like being a work horse?
Ready to be sold to the glue factory when your usefulness has expired.

Cigar
01-22-2013, 09:13 AM
What's it like being a work horse?
Ready to be sold to the glue factory when your usefulness has expired.

Maybe you should work for yourself sport ... :grin:

keymanjim
01-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Maybe you should work for yourself sport ... :grin:
I already do, skippy.
Unlike you, I'm not paid to post BS on internet forums all day.

patrickt
01-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Poor Cigar. Liberals can't cope with science when they have so much propaganda to shovel.

Cigar
01-22-2013, 12:02 PM
I already do, skippy.
Unlike you, I'm not paid to post BS on internet forums all day.

Then what are you bitching about ... bitch, I'm on the Forum with you.

Ivan88
01-25-2013, 03:38 AM
Failure To Respond To Threat Of Climate Change Gurus to tax us to death, ‘Would Betray Our Children And Future
The climate change hoopla is just another scam by the super-rich to rip off the peasants.

Their taxes and regulations designed to raise the cost of living for everyone but themselves, won't alter the climate.

zelmo1234
01-25-2013, 04:06 AM
Failure To Respond To Threat Of Climate Change Gurus to tax us to death, ‘Would Betray Our Children And Future

The climate change hoopla is just another scam by the super-rich to rip off the peasants.

Their taxes and regulations designed to raise the cost of living for everyone but themselves, won't alter the climate.

remember the good old days when cliamte change was called the weather?

Chris
01-25-2013, 10:36 AM

Super-rich and super-powerful. Take two to tango.

Mainecoons
01-25-2013, 11:06 AM
It is interesting that algore has gotten so rich off of the climate scam that he is now wealthier than Mitt Romney.

However, that is OK with the left because algore earned all this money "ethically." Right Nic?

:rofl:

Ivan88
01-26-2013, 11:32 PM
remember the good old days when cliamte change was called the weather?

Yes, but, I wonder when they started rigging the weather. I've read that in the very early 1900's the Carnegie Institute for Peace went around the world measuring electric potential differences between Earth and regular cloud levels in order to find a way to rig the weather.

Remember in the late 50's a drought followed by strange very high clouds that heralded lots of rain. And remember the torrential rains that hit Northern California in the early 1960's that was the result of human made electrical/radio standing waves that redirected the Jet Stream to California. At the time, they blamed it on the Russians.

Some of it they have not rigged. Don't believe they managed to shift the Earth's axis of rotation in relation to the Sun, but it has changed in the last 10 years or so, along with a shift in the Noth Magnetic Pole from the Hudson Sea area North Westwards towards Siberia.

If you doubt that the Earth's axis has shifted, find out where the sun is at the Winter and Summer Solstices now, compared to 20 years ago.

zelmo1234
01-27-2013, 04:08 AM
Sorry I can't remember the 50s and early 60s I was not around yet?

patrickt
01-27-2013, 08:05 AM

Reality is a bitch. Climate change was engineered by liberals as a means to raise taxes drastically and justify massive redistribution of wealth. And, yes, liberals like Vice President Al Gore have been getting rich off the scam. And, honest scientists and citizens face the wrath of the government, the media, and the mob.