PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia: George W Bush at Obama's first Inauguration Introduction

Cigar
01-22-2013, 10:22 AM
... ah the Good Old Days :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KvX8YHzMLQ&feature=player_embedded

Carygrant
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
What a rotten and wretched era that Bush presided over . The years that bankrupted a nation and demeaned its people .

Chris
01-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Bush was a social con, a lousy liberal, so why did liberal boo and jeer?

Mainecoons
01-22-2013, 12:33 PM
What a rotten and wretched era that Bush presided over . The years that bankrupted a nation and demeaned its people .

Uh Cary, have you checked the deficit numbers lately? George has long since been eclipsed by Barack. For my (rapidly devaluing) money, a pox on both their houses.

GrassrootsConservative
01-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Typical classless Liberals, booing and jeering.

Showing the nation how they really are, but of course, the media woman is saying "What a surprise. That is not what I expected."

No? You painted him to be a terrible person. What DID you expect? A well-sported farewell filled with wishes of a happy future?

Surely you jest.

Adelaide
01-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Poor sportsmanship. I'm not sure that should apply to politics, but he was the President for 8 years. I hate(d) him, but I wouldn't go so far as to boo him. He was on his way out, anyways.

GrassrootsConservative
01-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Poor sportsmanship. I'm not sure that should apply to politics, but he was the President for 8 years. I hate(d) him, but I wouldn't go so far as to boo him. He was on his way out, anyways.

:rollseyes: <You're right, good sportsmanship should only apply when it suits the agenda of those involved. If it suits the agenda to boo and hiss and act like an orangutan, than that's what should be accepted.>

Adelaide
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
:rollseyes: <You're right, good sportsmanship should only apply when it suits the agenda of those involved. If it suits the agenda to boo and hiss and act like an orangutan, than that's what should be accepted.>

I didn't say anything about an agenda, and I'm not sure why you're rolling your eyes... It was not right that he was treated so poorly at the inauguration and I used the word sportsmanship because it seemed somehow appropriate to what I was trying to express. When you lose a game you are expected to act a certain way. When you win one you are expected to act a certain way. It's a matter of honour, respect and integrity. I don't know if it "should" be applied to politics because sportsmanship and politics seem irrevocablly inharmonious, but it "should" in the sense that politics should have more honour, respect and integrity involved.

If you're trying to say that I have an agenda personally: I don't have an agenda and I generally disagree with all of your elected officials... but I wouldn't "boo" anyone. :)