PDA

View Full Version : Woman Stabbed to Death After Giving Money to Panhandler

roadmaster
12-04-2018, 10:35 PM
A Maryland woman was fatally stabbed over the weekend after rolling her car window down to hand money to a person who was said to be homeless. Jacquelyn Smith, 52, was in a car with her family as they traveled through Baltimore on Saturday night.
A woman wearing a brown jacket that appeared to be carrying a child and a sign that read “Please Help me feed my baby” reportedly approached the vehicle. Smith rolled down her window and handed the woman money. “And that’s when an unknown man approached the vehicle, stabbed the woman, and then left the location,” Jeremy Silbert, with the Baltimore Police Department, told CBS Baltimore.
The man attempted to grab Smith’s wallet before pulling out a knife and stabbing her in her chest. The man fled the scene with the woman carrying the sign.

https://alboenews.net/2018/12/04/woman-stabbed-to-death-after-giving-money-to-panhandler/

Peter1469
12-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Sad.

Common
12-05-2018, 04:55 AM
Theres alot of panhandlers in fla, all over I bristle at able bodied young men that I see ALL the time in the same spot like thats his job, I give them nothing

Peter1469
12-05-2018, 08:24 AM
Theres alot of panhandlers in fla, all over I bristle at able bodied young men that I see ALL the time in the same spot like thats his job, I give them nothing

Too many are scams. We had an article not long ago about this. Some guy was handling many people to panhandle around NOVA. He apparently made a lot of money.

With scams, and the possibility of an assault (however small) I would encourage all to not give to panhandlers on the side of the road. Give to organizations that support the homeless if you wish to help. Check the organization out online to ensure most donated money goes to its mission and not admin expenses.

Helena
12-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Baltimore. Terrible place.

Made worse by the fact that conceal/carry is "illegal" there.