PDA

View Full Version : So long 41....

AZ Jim
12-05-2018, 01:26 PM
An honorable and brave man was honored this day. Now he flies to Texas where his body will be buried by his Barbara. Hail to the chief..

Chris
12-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Democrats really do love Republicans — when they’re dead (https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/democrats-really-do-love-republicans-when-theyre-dead/)

He was a patriot, a hero, a *genial gentleman and a great American. You can’t pick up a newspaper or go near a television without hearing leftists gush with praise for the late President George H.W. Bush. Who knew they felt this way?

And you are not mistaken if the outpouring of previously unknown affection for the first President Bush sounds familiar. That’s because it is almost identical to the loving send-off the same suspects gave Sen. John McCain after he died in August.

It all just goes to prove that Democrats and their media handmaidens really do love Republicans — when they’re dead. All the more so if, when they were alive, they opposed President Trump....

AZ Jim
12-05-2018, 01:31 PM
Democrats really do love Republicans — when they’re dead (https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/democrats-really-do-love-republicans-when-theyre-dead/) I respected the man. Chris, I feel sorry for you.

Chris
12-05-2018, 02:44 PM
I respected the man. Chris, I feel sorry for you.

Why would you feel sorry for me? I'm not you, Jim.

Peter1469
12-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the thread, Jim.

AZ Jim
12-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the thread, Jim.It was for a very decent man who I respected.

Tahuyaman
12-05-2018, 03:25 PM
An honorable and brave man was honored this day. Now he flies to Texas where his body will be buried by his Barbara. Hail to the chief..

I'll give you that. He was an honorable man and his service should be respected. By all indications, he was a solid and dedicated family man.

Lummy
12-05-2018, 03:59 PM
I haven't read one word about his certain intimacy with the "Deep State", although he certainly was part of that self-serving, unAmerican bureaucratococracy going back to his CIA days in the 1970's and probably earlier. I often wonder how different things might be if Reagan had chosen another running mate.

Goodbye, Mr Bush.

jimmyz
12-05-2018, 04:10 PM
Think about the fact that GHWB enlisted at 18 and survived being shot down at 20. Compare that to what most 18-20 year olds are doing in today's world. Whomever labeled GHWB with the "wimp factor" BS is a fool. He was a stud alpha male and a great bureaucrat, husband and father.

RIP

jimmyz
12-05-2018, 04:11 PM
I haven't read one word about his certain intimacy with the "Deep State", although he certainly was part of that self-serving, unAmerican bureaucratococracy going back to his CIA days in the 1970's and probably earlier. I often wonder how different things might be if Reagan had chosen another running mate.

Goodbye, Mr Bush.

It was earlier than that.... He was Skull & Bones at Yale

Lummy
12-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Bush was probably a lot more responsible for the present state of our government dysfunction than anyone acknowledges. To the extent that he escaped scrutiny and criticism is, I suppose, the mark of a true spy.

Lummy
12-05-2018, 05:40 PM
At least three of the people in the funeral photo sitting together -- Obama, Hillary and Bill -- should be in prison, but there they are, as if they have some legitimate business at a state gathering, and Obama has the same fucking smirk on his face he had in 2008.

Bush did that too.

Peter1469
12-05-2018, 05:41 PM

Goodbye, Mr Bush.
I don't think Reagan had a choice.

Lummy
12-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Sort of like LBJ never really had any choices. You do politically what you gotta do to win.

Tahuyaman
12-05-2018, 10:28 PM
I wish there was such a thing as a time machine so we could go back in time and see how those who are claiming all this deep respect for George HW Bush were just savaging him during his presidency.

Mister D
12-05-2018, 10:31 PM
I wish there was such a thing as a time machine so we could go back in time and see how those who are claiming all this deep respect for George HW Bush were just savaging him during his presidency.

I was just thinking about that at the gym. They were calling this a rare moment of unity but I too have to wonder what some of these folks were actually saying while he was in office.

Mister D
12-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Think about the fact that GHWB enlisted at 18 and survived being shot down at 20. Compare that to what most 18-20 year olds are doing in today's world. Whomever labeled GHWB with the "wimp factor" BS is a fool. He was a stud alpha male and a great bureaucrat, husband and father.

RIP

A great bureaucrat? Lol sorry that made me smile.

Tahuyaman
12-05-2018, 11:31 PM
I was just thinking about that at the gym. They were calling this a rare moment of unity but I too have to wonder what some of these folks were actually saying while he was in office.I remember what they were saying and it doesn't come close to what they are saying now.

Safety
12-06-2018, 01:12 PM

I was just thinking about that at the gym. They were calling this a rare moment of unity but I too have to wonder what some of these folks were actually saying while he was in office.

No different than those that maligned Clinton for his sexual transgressions, then supporting someone like Trump.

MisterVeritis
12-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Bush was probably a lot more responsible for the present state of our government dysfunction than anyone acknowledges. To the extent that he escaped scrutiny and criticism is, I suppose, the mark of a true spy.
Explain.

Chris
12-06-2018, 01:15 PM

It just another way to get in a dig at Trump.

Consider this pettiness...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Hta4F6gXE

Safety
12-06-2018, 02:18 PM
Pettiness was saying a president wears "mom pants". Pettiness was saying a president throws or rides a bike like a girl. Pettiness is saying the FLOTUS looks like a Klingon or is a man.

Since all of those occurred prior to Trump even being in the picture, I would say that anything that deals with Trump based upon his actions, isn't petty, but rightfully reported on.

Chris
12-06-2018, 02:22 PM
Pettiness was saying a president wears "mom pants". Pettiness was saying a president throws or rides a bike like a girl. Pettiness is saying the FLOTUS looks like a Klingon or is a man.

Since all of those occurred prior to Trump even being in the picture, I would say that anything that deals with Trump based upon his actions, isn't petty, but rightfully reported on.

Those may well be petty, too, but whataboutisms don't imply Lemon wasn't petty.

Orion Rules
12-06-2018, 02:30 PM
I respected the man. [...]
Thank you, AZ Jim. What do you respect the most about Mr. Bush?

Safety
12-06-2018, 02:36 PM

Yea, whataboutisms are valid when considering the credibility of the source that speaks about pettiness.

Orion Rules
12-06-2018, 02:37 PM

Speech is freedom to at least you know. Is not the Christmas season pretty? When Christ was born some debate, but where is God inside of eternity? Always was, always will be that He was born on Christmas eve.

Adelaide
12-06-2018, 03:03 PM

RIP

Isn't that what Brian Mulroney said in his eulogy?

Just so Americans know, Mulroney is one of the most hated prime ministers in Canada. Or was, anyway.

Something that I have noticed about myself is that over the last few Presidential elections I have been so disgusted with the behavior (on both sides) of nominees and the current president (even if some of his policies aren't bad) that it actually makes me appreciate Presidents or politicians who I would have previously said I disliked. McCain, Bush 41... the difference between past politicians and the current circus seems striking, although I don't know if Trump supporters or Clinton supporters would admit it.

Captain Obvious
12-06-2018, 03:06 PM
I miss Rob Ford

Captain Obvious
12-06-2018, 03:11 PM
I don't get idolization.

I get why it happens but I don't get why people succumb to it.

Cult of personality, or the approach to one.

Like royalty, I find the concept insulting. Why we have to say "these royals, presidents are better than me so I have to kneel before them.

H was a public servant, did anyone start a thread when the dog catcher died?

AZ Jim
12-06-2018, 04:15 PM
Thank you, AZ Jim. What do you respect the most about Mr. Bush?His social posture, his dignity and he never made us look to the world like crude, ignoramus slobs. He was a humble man and the opposite of the POS who now sits in the white house. Trump makes almost anyone look good.

Peter1469
12-06-2018, 04:26 PM
I miss Rob Ford

Me too!

MisterVeritis
12-06-2018, 04:36 PM
His social posture, his dignity and he never made us look to the world like crude, ignoramus slobs. He was a humble man and the opposite of the POS who now sits in the white house. Trump makes almost anyone look good.
Ah, so the reason you like a dead Bush is because it allows you to attack a live Trump.

nathanbforrest45
12-06-2018, 04:42 PM
I respected the man. Chris, I feel sorry for you.
I have my sincere doubts that you respect anyone anytime other than someone giving you something for nothing.

nathanbforrest45
12-06-2018, 04:46 PM
I don't get idolization.

I get why it happens but I don't get why people succumb to it.

Cult of personality, or the approach to one.

Like royalty, I find the concept insulting. Why we have to say "these royals, presidents are better than me so I have to kneel before them.

H was a public servant, did anyone start a thread when the dog catcher died?

The dog catcher died? Oh no, when did that happen? I guess that is the reason we have so many dogs running loose now.

nathanbforrest45
12-06-2018, 04:48 PM
His social posture, his dignity and he never made us look to the world like crude, ignoramus slobs. He was a humble man and the opposite of the POS who now sits in the white house. Trump makes almost anyone look good.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

This is the same thing your side was saying about him when he was alive and in the White House. None of you, not a single one on the left side of reason said anything nice about him when he was in the White House.

Hypocrite

Tahuyaman
12-06-2018, 05:38 PM
It just another way to get in a dig at Trump.

Consider this pettiness...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Hta4F6gXE

Part of this praising of Bush 41 is about Trump. They are trying to put all the blame on the current bickering on Trump. Even though these same people savaged HW Bush when he was the president.

Tahuyaman
12-06-2018, 05:41 PM

If you were honest you’d acknowledge that you liked Bush because he always caved in to the Democrats. He would not fight for conservative ideas. When Democrats and the media challenged him, he would give them what they wanted.

AZ Jim
12-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Ah, so the reason you like a dead Bush is because it allows you to attack a live Trump.Allows? You know better....or should.

countryboy
12-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Democrats really do love Republicans — when they’re dead (https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/democrats-really-do-love-republicans-when-theyre-dead/)

I guess they think we forget how they treated them during their presidential campaigns. Libs are sooo disengenous.

AZ Jim
12-06-2018, 06:20 PM
If you were honest you’d acknowledge that you liked Bush because he always caved in to the Democrats. He would not fight for conservative ideas. When Democrats and the media challenged him, he would give them what they wanted.Working across the aisle is what's expected. Neither side is always 100% right 100% of the time.

AZ Jim
12-06-2018, 06:21 PM
I guess they think we forget how they treated them during their presidential campaigns. Libs are sooo disengenous.CONS are full of shit!!!!

countryboy
12-06-2018, 06:23 PM

Same for McCain when he ran against The One.

AZ Jim
12-06-2018, 06:23 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

This is the same thing your side was saying about him when he was alive and in the White House. None of you, not a single one on the left side of reason said anything nice about him when he was in the White House.

HypocriteYou do need balls but you won't get 'em this way, pussy.

countryboy
12-06-2018, 06:29 PM
CONS are full of $#@!!!!!

Ah, the ole "I know you are, but what am I" retort. That's a classic.

countryboy
12-06-2018, 06:33 PM
Working across the aisle is what's expected. Neither side is always 100% right 100% of the time.

Lol! Lib definition of "working across the aisle"= do as we say, and like it.

Ransom
12-06-2018, 09:23 PM
= I tried to start out being genuine, I couldn't hep myself and just boned this one. I couldn't hold it together, the thread start an anti-Trump theme from page one. Try as I do, I still seem to be unable to shield my arguments for being exposed for the disingenuous horse hockey that they are. And what's worse....this forum has me figured out. I'm done. And outdone.

Ransom
12-06-2018, 09:26 PM
Jim in good humor on this one. His words of praise and respect for GHWB I don't consider genuine, they're to build a foundation and thus an analogy, to Trump. His political soul so tormented two Novembers ago.....his arguments reflect that for sure.

Cletus
12-06-2018, 11:16 PM

Not you.

Tahuyaman
12-06-2018, 11:36 PM
Working across the aisle is what's expected. Neither side is always 100% right 100% of the time.
You liked him because he always gave the Democrats what they wanted.

Tahuyaman
12-06-2018, 11:41 PM
Same for McCain when he ran against The One.
They hated McCain when he ran against Obama. They loved him when he opposed his fellow Republicans. To a partisan Democrat, a Republican becomes a good man when he dies. When he’s alive, they call him evil.

Tahuyaman
12-06-2018, 11:42 PM
You are bipartisan and working across the aisle when you give Democrats everything they want.

Tahuyaman
12-07-2018, 12:21 AM

No different than those that maligned Clinton for his sexual transgressions, then supporting someone like Trump.

How did that response relate to my comment which you quoted?

Safety
12-07-2018, 07:28 AM
How did that response relate to my comment which you quoted?

You know exactly how it related, but you are too weak to admit it. You called the people that are praising Bush 41 hypocrites because they were maligning him when he was in office. I responded with my own version of hypocrisy in those that maligned Clinton for his sexual transgressions, while ignoring Trump’s.

countryboy
12-07-2018, 08:35 AM
You are bipartisan and working across the aisle when you give Democrats everything they want.

Yep, repubs were called "the party of NO" during Obama's reign of terror, and yet, a Republican Congress never tightened a single purse string on Him. In actuality, they were the party of "we love Democrat spending".

Tahuyaman
12-07-2018, 10:07 AM

You know exactly how it related, but you are too weak to admit it. You called the people that are praising Bush 41 hypocrites because they were maligning him when he was in office. I responded with my own version of hypocrisy in those that maligned Clinton for his sexual transgressions, while ignoring Trump’s.
Wow ....

Tahuyaman
12-07-2018, 11:40 AM
When I watch these liberals gush over George HW Bush I just shake my head. They had no respect for him while he was in office. Then he was their favorite punching bag.

I remember the time he had that skit on Saturday Night Live where he confronted Dana Carvey about his Bush impersonation. Liberals claimed that was beneath the dignity of the office and disgraceful.

Now he was the epitome of a true statesman.

The Clinton / Trump diversion presented by Safety is just plain stupid.

AZ Jim
12-07-2018, 01:21 PM
When I watch these liberals gush over George HW Bush I just shake my head. They had no respect for him while he was in office. Then he was their favorite punching bag.

I remember the time he had that skit on Saturday Night Live where he confronted Dana Carvey about his Bush impersonation. Liberals claimed that was beneath the dignity of the office and disgraceful.

Now he was the epitome of a true statesman.

The Clinton / Trump diversion presented by Safety is just plain stupid.Give it a rest...

Tahuyaman
12-07-2018, 01:28 PM
Give it a rest...
Be honest.

ripmeister
12-07-2018, 01:39 PM
The only time I've ever voted for an R and I didn't regret it.