PDA

View Full Version : CIA MKUltra files release through FOIA

Peter1469
12-07-2018, 08:40 PM
CIA MKUltra files release through FOIA (https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7920010/cia-mkultra-mind-control-drugs-hypnosis-electric-documents/)

That the CIA conducted mind control experiments on American citizens was once thought to be a crazed conspiracy theory. Then the CIA admitted to it during the Church Hearings. Now documents have been released.

The new documents, released under the Freedom of Information Act, reveal how the CIA experimented on both humans and animals using drugs, hypnosis and electronic devices as part of the top secret - and illegal - mind control project MKUltra.

Shockingly the swathes of information still missing or redacted in the records could mean the CIA is STILL carrying out the experiments to this day, according to experts.

One document details how the CIA planned to drug “criminals awaiting trial held in a prison hospital ward” in a bid to develop “improved techniques in drug interrogation”.

Another document details the CIA’s interest in developing ways to cause amnesia in humans using experiments “no matter how weird, inconclusive or unusual”.

It goes on to detail how they were looking to find ways of developing hypnotic speaking techniques which would control the minds of “large audiences” and “heighten group susceptibility”.

Experiments which were “too dangerous, too shocking, too unusual for routine testing would be of interest to us,” the memo from 1956 reads.

The records were obtained by researcher John Greenewald Jr, who published them last week on his website The Black Vault (https://www.theblackvault.com/).

MKUltra was the code name for a top secret and illegal programme of human experiments which the CIA carried out in the early 50s until it was official halted in 1973.

The aim of the project was to identify and develop mind-control drugs and procedures to be used in interrogations and torture in a bid to force confessions and control behaviour.

Although the CIA admitted to running the covert operation during congressional hearings in the 70s, they claimed that all records relating to it had been destroyed.

zachroidott
12-07-2018, 08:50 PM
'All necessary cuz Soviet blah blah'

Common Sense
12-07-2018, 08:50 PM
Some of the victims of the program were Canadians. Part of the program took place in a mental hospital and university in Montreal.

Peter1469
12-07-2018, 09:16 PM
Some of the victims of the program were Canadians. Part of the program took place in a mental hospital and university in Montreal.

If that is the case, I would assume that Canadian intel was involved.

Peter1469
12-07-2018, 09:16 PM
'All necessary cuz Soviet blah blah'

The Soviets had similar programs.

zachroidott
12-07-2018, 09:25 PM
I'm aware. States are awesome!

Common Sense
12-07-2018, 09:26 PM
If that is the case, I would assume that Canadian intel was involved.
Canadian intel (CSIS) and McGill university itself.

Many of the MK Ultra's programs or experiments were conducted through universities in both the US and Canada. They were often disguised as legitimate scientific or medical programs.

In the early days of MK Ultra, the experiments were so crude and naive. There are reports of them luring in test subjects with prostitutes and slipping huge doses of LSD into their drinks just to see what would happen.

The program probably killed dozens and ruined the lives of thousands.

Common Sense
12-07-2018, 09:27 PM
Probably even more fucked up than MK Ultra.

Peter1469
12-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Probably even more fucked up than MK Ultra.

I would imagine so.

zachroidott
12-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Canadian intel (CSIS) and McGill university itself.

Many of the MK Ultra's programs or experiments were conducted through universities in both the US and Canada. They were often disguised as legitimate scientific or medical programs.

Well, at least we know that could never happen now.

MisterVeritis
12-07-2018, 09:40 PM
What would be useful is a quality reproduction and perhaps a Kindle or epub formatted record.

Ethereal
12-08-2018, 01:17 AM
As a general principle, all ruling classes have relied on mind control to varying extents.

Cthulhu
12-08-2018, 06:37 AM
Well, at least we know that could never happen now.Of course it can't. Everybody knows the government doesn't lie anymore and it's totally transparent.

*Eyeroll*

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Peter1469
12-08-2018, 07:26 AM
Well, at least we know that could never happen now.
I wouldn't bet on that.