PDA

View Full Version : "I Can't Recall, I Can't Remember" (James Comey)

Robo
12-09-2018, 09:51 AM
When his majesty James Comey the fired FBI chief finally made himself available for a closed door congressional hearing he did exactly what I predicted.

Since the hearing was closed door and the committee members were all cleared for classified government information, and Comey couldn’t claim "classified materials" to avoid answering questions, I predicted that Comey would have to take the 5th to avoid testifying against himself. Well according to all reports coming out of the highly redacted transcriptions now released to the public, Sir James had it figured out He brought two lawyers with him and every question he didn’t like Comey’s lawyers were schooled to butt in and prevent him from answering, (on what grounds hasn’t been made clear yet). But no matter how you cut it Comey is simply refusing to answer because anything he might say relative to the question may tend to incriminate him, i.e. (The 5th).

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot, also according to the reports coming out from the hearing, Comey also seems to have developed a tremendous case of amnesia he answered question after question with "I can’t recall," or "I don’t remember."

And just think this is the same James Comey that leaked through a surrogate his classified, uncorroborated, government memo to the New York Times in an attempt to pin an "Obstruction Of Justice" rap on this President and trigger a Special Counsel investigation/Witch Hunt. He probably can’t remember that either!

Common
12-09-2018, 11:03 AM
No one ever recalls anything that implicates them or admits to their committing a crime.

Comey is a democrat obama appointed operative and co conspirator

Peter1469
12-09-2018, 11:14 AM
I don't recall is a good way to avoid perjury or a perjury trap.

Captdon
12-09-2018, 11:14 AM
When his majesty James Comey the fired FBI chief finally made himself available for a closed door congressional hearing he did exactly what I predicted.

Since the hearing was closed door and the committee members were all cleared for classified government information, and Comey couldn’t claim "classified materials" to avoid answering questions, I predicted that Comey would have to take the 5th to avoid testifying against himself. Well according to all reports coming out of the highly redacted transcriptions now released to the public, Sir James had it figured out He brought two lawyers with him and every question he didn’t like Comey’s lawyers were schooled to butt in and prevent him from answering, (on what grounds hasn’t been made clear yet). But no matter how you cut it Comey is simply refusing to answer because anything he might say relative to the question may tend to incriminate him, i.e. (The 5th).

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot, also according to the reports coming out from the hearing, Comey also seems to have developed a tremendous case of amnesia he answered question after question with "I can’t recall," or "I don’t remember."

And just think this is the same James Comey that leaked through a surrogate his classified, uncorroborated, government memo to the New York Times in an attempt to pin an "Obstruction Of Justice" rap on this President and trigger a Special Counsel investigation/Witch Hunt. He probably can’t remember that either!

He recalled enough to write a book though.

AZ Jim
12-09-2018, 11:22 AM
:grin:

Lummy
12-09-2018, 11:57 AM
This is all very interesting. Are there self help books on this subject, like say, "How to Survive Court Examinations: The Criminal's Guide to Legal Dodgeball" or "Lying Under Oath for Dummies"?

The Xl
12-09-2018, 12:09 PM
No fan of Trump but it's Comey and Mueller that should be investigated.

Tahuyaman
12-09-2018, 12:21 PM
I don't recall is a good way to avoid perjury or a perjury trap.
Absolutely. It can be taken to mean more than one thing. One can claim to not recall specifics of a particular conversation but still acknowledge ttbe conversation in question took place. It can be a denial while still claiming that you are not denying or lying about anything.

Tahuyaman
12-09-2018, 03:18 PM
The Comey situation is possibly the most unique ever in American politics.

The left initially loved him and claimed that firing him would constitute a crime. Then almost instantly they hated him and demanded that he be fired. Then he was fired and those very same people said that was a criminal act. Their love for him was restored.

Right now, do the liberals love him or hate him? I’ve lost track.

Tahuyaman
12-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Occassionaly failing to recall the specifics or details of a conversation is one thing, but failing to recall things more than 250 times is kind of remarkable. Especially when you are one who supposedly kept detailed notes and memos of all government related conversations and meetings.

I can understand an occasional memory lapse, but I don't believe he can't remember anything. He might want to restore his memory by the next time he testifies in a few days.

Robo
12-12-2018, 10:46 AM

The left initially loved him and claimed that firing him would constitute a crime. Then almost instantly they hated him and demanded that he be fired. Then he was fired and those very same people said that was a criminal act. Their love for him was restored.

It's all L-O-V-E on the left for Sr. James. He's now a card carrying member of the progressive liars club!

Robo
12-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Occassionaly failing to recall the specifics or details of a conversation is one thing, but failing to recall things more than 250 times is kind of remarkable. Especially when you are one who supposedly kept detailed notes and memos of all government related conversations and meetings.

I can understand an occasional memory lapse, but I don't believe he can't remember anything. He might want to restore his memory by the next time he testifies in a few days.

Democrats are seeing Comey's testimony of intentional lying by way of memory loss as a victory for their side and the Republicans think they've exposed the lying bastard for the scum he really is. I lean severely toward the latter.

Hoosier8
12-18-2018, 11:21 AM
https://youtu.be/Yt0xprEaJfU

Beevee
12-18-2018, 11:29 AM

Depends on whether liberals are into following Russian inspired web sights as much as Republicans who are so entranced with supporting Trump, that they can't keep their eyes focused anywhere else.

Hoosier8
12-18-2018, 11:32 AM
Depends on whether liberals are into following Russian inspired web sights as much as Republicans who are so entranced with supporting Trump, that they can't keep their eyes focused anywhere else.
He says with no proof.

Tahuyaman
12-18-2018, 11:33 AM
Honestly, that makes little to no sense.

Beevee
12-18-2018, 12:00 PM
Honestly, that makes little to no sense.

Then stop watching FOX News and Hannity when you can instead join the real world.

Hoosier8
12-18-2018, 12:03 PM
Then stop watching FOX News and Hannity when you can instead join the real world.
Called left wing fake news. Your real world. LOL

Beevee
12-18-2018, 12:10 PM
Called left wing fake news. Your real world. LOL

Your version of fake news would have 'only the best people' actually knowing what they were doing. That includes Trump.

Tahuyaman
12-18-2018, 12:22 PM
There you go. Off the cliff. WTF......?

Hoosier8
12-18-2018, 12:33 PM
Your version of fake news would have 'only the best people' actually knowing what they were doing. That includes Trump.
My my, poor feller! You have things living in your head that are hilarious at best.