PDA

View Full Version : Ted Lieu, phone the psycho ward ...

Lummy
12-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Ted Lieu exchange with Google's Sundar Pichai at Congressional hearing this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lw9wcRs0XI
esp @ 1:10

"If you want positive search results, do positive things. If you don't want negative search results, don't do negative things. If you're getting bad results, don't blame Twitter or Google, consider blaming yourself." -- Democrat US Congressman Ted Lieu, Beverly Hills.

Can anyone explain what in hell Lieu is talking about? He's a bright Taiwanese guy who served in the United States Air Force Judge Advocate General's Corps, but he here sounds like he's speaking from some drug-induced hallucination of Teletubby wonderland.

Sadly, it also sounds very much like something any bankrupt and slowly dying Democrats would say.

Without apology or putting words in Lieu's mouth, can anyone tell me what he's talking about? He's not suppose to need help, but then you're not suppose to smoke dope or take LSD.

Could he get away with these bizarre remarks in any other legal venue, say court?

Lummy
12-13-2018, 09:41 AM
Democrat bullshit is getting deeper by the day. They are obviously throwing a lot of money at propaganda now.

Note the clown with the paste on mustache.

Common
12-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Those two libs are trying to justify if you type idiot or moron you get trump results. Thats what this is all about they are skewing search results to their poltical beliefs.

Thats why I use DuckDuckGo

donttread
12-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Ted Lieu exchange with Google's Sundar Pichai at Congressional hearing this week:

"If you want positive search results, do positive things. If you don't want negative search results, don't do negative things. If you're getting bad results, don't blame Twitter or Google, consider blaming yourself." -- Democrat US Congressman Ted Lieu, Beverly Hills.

Can anyone explain what in hell Lieu is talking about? He's a bright Taiwanese guy who served in the United States Air Force Judge Advocate General's Corps, but he here sounds like he's speaking from some drug-induced hallucination of Teletubby wonderland.

Sadly, it also sounds very much like something any bankrupt and slowly dying Democrats would say.

Without apology or putting words in Lieu's mouth, can anyone tell me what he's talking about? He's not suppose to need help, but then you're not suppose to smoke dope or take LSD.

Could he get away with these bizarre remarks in any other legal venue, say court?

Just supporting the megacorp Gods in a "hearing" that isn't congress's job to begin with.

Helena
12-13-2018, 11:58 AM
Note the clown with the paste on mustache.

The Monopoly guy is one individual among some others that conspicuously seat themselves at these hearings, doing things to call attention to lies of the speaking actors. Monopoly man's moustache gets bigger the bigger the lie.

The other one.. is a lady that dresses/mocks Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Oh, there some more, but I can't think of the them at the moment.

Peter1469
12-13-2018, 01:56 PM

Good question.

But a congressional hearing is not a legal venue. It is pure politics.

Lummy
12-13-2018, 03:01 PM
The Monopoly guy is one individual among some others that conspicuously seat themselves at these hearings, doing things to call attention to lies of the speaking actors. Monopoly man's moustache gets bigger the bigger the lie.

The other one.. is a lady that dresses/mocks Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Oh, there some more, but I can't think of the them at the moment.
Huh. Interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Well, certainly the speakers are aware of them. Why don't they get shown the door? Indeed, the congressmen almost seem to be enjoying the caricature.

Lummy
12-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Good question.

But a congressional hearing is not a legal venue. It is pure politics.

I'd bet money that many of those who watch such proceedings feel they have legal efficacy.

Green Arrow
12-13-2018, 03:41 PM
Those two libs are trying to justify if you type idiot or moron you get trump results. Thats what this is all about they are skewing search results to their poltical beliefs.

Thats why I use DuckDuckGo

No, they aren’t.

zachroidott
12-15-2018, 06:59 AM
No, they aren’t.
How do you know? Because they blame the algorithm? That's going to get messy in the future.