PDA

View Full Version : Two Chicago police officers struck, killed by train

roadmaster
12-17-2018, 11:00 PM
CHICAGO — Chicago police say they are dealing with a “devastating tragedy” after two of their officers died Monday night after being struck by a passing train on the city’s south side.
Chicago police tweeted (https://twitter.com/Chicago_Police) that the officers were investigating a shots fired call when it happened.
“Please pray for our 5th District Police Officers and all of our Chicago Police family,” the department said.
No other details were immediately released.

https://fox8.com/2018/12/17/two-chicago-police-officers-struck-killed-by-train/

ODB
12-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Rogue train?

Helena
12-17-2018, 11:31 PM
I waiting on the details before ...

no, I'm not.

roadmaster
12-17-2018, 11:33 PM
Officers Eduardo Marmolejo, 36, and Conrad Gary, 31, have been identified as Monday's Far South Side train accident victims. Both men had less than 3 years on the force. They were chasing an armed suspect. The person of interest and a weapon has been recovered and being questioned.

ODB
12-17-2018, 11:37 PM
Chuck Norris train?

Helena
12-17-2018, 11:40 PM
Officers Eduardo Marmolejo, 36, and Conrad Gary, 31, have been identified as Monday's Far South Side train accident victims. Both men had less than 3 years on the force. They were chasing an armed suspect. The person of interest and a weapon has been recovered and being questioned.
If they got the right person, watch for them to tack on charges of causing the death of two officers.

Captain Obvious
12-17-2018, 11:55 PM
If they got the right person, watch for them to tack on charges of causing the death of two officers.

That's beyond lame.

Your hatred of cops is noted and disgusting.

This is why I could never be a cop, being hated for just trying to do the right thing... yeah. I just wonder at that moment when you really need one, when you're stuck, trapped and a cop arrives to help you will you show that same contempt for that cop?

roadmaster
12-17-2018, 11:55 PM
If they got the right person, watch for them to tack on charges of causing the death of two officers. I didn't hear it when the call came in so I don't know if they had caught up to him, struggled, ect before they were hit by the train. Too many shots fired calls in Chicago to listen in to each one. I guess they may try to pin it on him.

Helena
12-18-2018, 12:00 AM
That's beyond lame.I know, but tacking on charges is a noted occurence for these types of situations.

Your hatred of cops is noted and disgusting. I'll never love stupidity. It gets people killed.

This is why I could never be a cop, being hated for just trying to do the right thing... yeah. I just wonder at that moment when you really need one, when you're stuck, trapped and a cop arrives to help you will you show that same contempt for that cop?

Sigh. I don't need cops. They need me.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:10 AM
I know, but tacking on charges is a noted occurence for these types of situations.

I'll never love stupidity. It gets people killed.

Sigh. I don't need cops. They need me.
Why shouldn't charges be tacked on?

These cops had families, lives. That all ended when they tried to do their job because of some idiot with a gun.

Would you feel the same way if one of your family members, a loved one who was a cop died in this way?

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:11 AM
why shouldn't charges be tacked on?

These cops had families, lives. That all ended when they tried to do their job because of some idiot with a gun.

Would you feel the same way if one of your family members, a loved one who was a cop died in this way?

Who gets hit by a train?!

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:12 AM

Go be a cop and try to get a bad guy with a gun around a train and tell me all about it.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:14 AM
And when you you're dying after the accident tell me what's going through your mind when you in split second think of your family and loved ones and your duty then realize that there are people like you suddenly judging them not knowing what you went through.

Yeah... go ahead and tell me all about that.

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:16 AM
Keep your day job, Cap'n. Comedy just doesn't fit you. :)

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:18 AM
If the suspect got hit by a train, who would question his intelligence? I'm sure I'm not the only one sitting here with my hand in the air.

Helena
12-18-2018, 12:18 AM
Why shouldn't charges be tacked on? It's a ridiculous blame maneuver.

These cops had families, lives. That all ended when they tried to do their job because of some idiot with a gun. No, all that ended because they got hit by a train.

Would you feel the same way if one of your family members, a loved one who was a cop died in this way?Please stop indirectly trying to insult me and my family.

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:19 AM
It's a train, for Christ's sakes.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:22 AM
It's a ridiculous blame maneuver.

No, all that ended because they got hit by a train.

Please stop indirectly trying to insult me and my family.
Nobody is insulting anyone.

Answer the question. If your father or brother or whoever was as a cop and died trying to apprehend an armed shooter would you have the same stance "tacking on charges is bullshit"?

No insults here, just answer the question.

ODB
Wait. Is the train black? Maybe it was in cahoots with the suspect.

roadmaster
I feel bad for the cops and their families but there is nothing wrong with saying or assuming they may add charges even if they were not close to him. That has got to be running through his mind too. If a cop breaks his leg in a foot chase should the one he is chasing be charged. If there is evidence because of him they were hit by the train then I support him being charged with their deaths.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:23 AM
Keep your day job, Cap'n. Comedy just doesn't fit you. :)
I will regardless of your advice.

You're flailing. Go ahead and address the points if you can, you seem pretty confident.

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:24 AM

Answer the question. If your father or brother or whoever was as a cop and died trying to apprehend an armed shooter would you have the same stance "tacking on charges is bullshit"?

I'd go to her brother's funeral and say "Ya' shoulda' been smarter, dude. That was a damn train you should have dodged."

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:26 AM
I will regardless of your advice.

You're flailing. Go ahead and address the points if you can, you seem pretty confident.

I'm confident that the train didn't jump tracks and run the cops down.

Helena
12-18-2018, 12:26 AM

It's insulting to believe a member of my family would be caught dead dying this way.

Helena
12-18-2018, 12:27 AM
I'd go to her brother's funeral and say "Ya' shouldn't been smarter, dude. That was a damn train you should have dodged."

You'd GO to the funeral?

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:29 AM
I'm confident that the train didn't jump tracks and run the cops down.
I'm sure you are.

ODB
I feel bad for the cops and their families but there is nothing wrong with saying or assuming they may add charges even if they were not close to him. That has got to be running through his mind too. If a cop breaks his leg in a foot chase should the one he is chasing be charged. If there is evidence because of him they were hit by the train then I support him being charged with their deaths.

I get what you're saying, but where are the lines of accountability being crossed with risks of the job? How about charging someone with an officer's heart attack because he exerted himself a little too much?

ODB
I'm sure you are.

You're not?

Captain Obvious
It's insulting to believe a member of my family would be caught dead dying this way.
Gotcha

You must be a hoot at family events.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:30 AM
You're not?
I am to a degree.

I think you're full of shit but your posturing looks nice so far.

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:30 AM
You'd GO to the funeral?

I'd like some explanation as to how one gets hit by a damn train.

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:32 AM
I am to a degree.

I think you're full of shit but your posturing looks nice so far.

Please elaborate on the remaining degrees.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:33 AM
Go be a cop and tell me all about that.

Or just sit there and judge from the safety of your laptop.

Kind of like explaining to parents of children who were mauled by pit bulls how nice they are.

You're garbage.

Safety
12-18-2018, 12:36 AM
You zero out any support you may have in regards to arguing against a police state or bad cops when you disparage the death of LEOs due to no fault of their own while doing their job. I will be the first to speak out against a wrongful shooting or action, but at the same time being able to show empathy towards fallen officers being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Being 100% pro-LEO and 100% against-LEO are two sides of the same coin. JMHO.

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:38 AM
Go be a cop and tell me all about that.

Or just sit there and judge from the safety of your laptop.

Kind of like explaining to parents of children who were mauled by pit bulls how nice they are.

You're garbage.

I am telling you.

You're suffering from too much dumz to comprehend without appropriating SJW butthurt.

Helena
12-18-2018, 12:41 AM
It's the no-fault-of-their-own part we're on about. How this escapes people is mind boggling.

If this were the suspect, you wouldn't be saying this nonsense. If this were teens playing on the tracks, you wouldn't be saying this nonsense. Would it be a shame? Absolutely.

Just as this is a damn shame.

Doing their job doesn't negate what SHOULD BE common sense. I'm giving a TWO DERPS UP on this one, boys.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:44 AM
It's the no-fault-of-their-own part we're on about. How this escapes people is mind boggling.

If this were the suspect, you wouldn't be saying this nonsense. If this were teens playing on the tracks, you wouldn't be saying this nonsense. Would it be a shame? Absolutely.

Just as this is a damn shame.

Doing their job doesn't negate what SHOULD BE common sense. I'm giving a TWO DERPS UP on this one, boys.

I'm sure you do.

Now tell us exactly what happened that these cops had to die.

In detail since you seem to be an expert on the incident.

I'll wait.

Helena
12-18-2018, 12:50 AM
Cops responded to ShotSpotter. ShotSpotter. ShotSpotter.

At about 6:30 p.m., while they were investigating on or near the train tracks (I'm guessing ON) near 103rd Street and Cottage Grove, they were struck by a passing train and killed instantly, Johnson said.

https://abc7chicago.com/2-chicago-cops-hit-by-train-on-south-side;-south-shore-trains-stopped/4919053/

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:51 AM
lawlz

Helena
12-18-2018, 12:51 AM
The tracks are up a steep embankment and while it was not immediately clear how the officers ended up there, it's believed it may have been in the course of a foot pursuit.

https://abc7chicago.com/2-chicago-cops-hit-by-train-on-south-side;-south-shore-trains-stopped/4919053/

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:52 AM
I'm sure you do.

Now tell us exactly what happened that these cops had to die.

In detail since you seem to be an expert on the incident.

I'll wait.

They didn't have to die. It's awful that they did.

All they needed to do was understand that trains don't recognize their authority.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 12:54 AM

All they needed to do was understand that trains don't recognize their authority.

Got it.

Now answer the question, if that was your father in duty who died would you feel the same way?

You seem to be dodging that point.

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:54 AM

Or maybe attend a simple class on how trains operate.

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:56 AM
Got it.

Now answer the question, if that was your father in duty who died would you feel the same way?

You seem to be dodging that point.

I didn't even remotely dodge that! I said I'd go to the funeral in hopes of answers to how you don't respect that very large, very heavy iron horse.

ODB
12-18-2018, 12:58 AM
What's with that mentality you hold that you think someone hasn't thought their stance through?

My beliefs are held regardless of the subjects of the topics. Are you so easily swayed on yours?

Helena
12-18-2018, 01:01 AM
Am I the only mom who tells their kids that if they die doing something stupid, I'll make sure they're remembered for it on their epitaph ?

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 01:02 AM
I didn't even remotely dodge that! I said I'd go to the funeral in hopes of answers to how you don't respect that very large, very heavy iron horse.

Right

You're trash btw, did I mention that?

I'm glad I didn't raise my children this way and I'm pretty sure you're breeding feral children who think this same way because that's what gutter sluts do.

Have a nice day, you and the other one who I hope these cops families never have to encounter. The widow and fatherless children of fathers who tried to do the right thing, their duty because I'm sure both of you would be a no-show and just hide behind your computers in a cowardly fashion.

ODB
12-18-2018, 01:02 AM
Am I the only mom who tells their kids that if they die doing something stupid, I'll make sure they're remembered for it on their epitaph ?

Nope!

ODB
12-18-2018, 01:04 AM
Right

I'm glad I didn't raise my children this way and I'm pretty sure you're breeding feral children who think this same way because that's what gutter sluts do.

Have a nice day, you and the other one who I hope these cops families never have to encounter. The widow and fatherless children of fathers who tried to do the right thing, their duty because I'm sure both of you would be a no-show and just hide behind your computers in a cowardly fashion.

It's your right to be stupid. God knows why you choose it, but it's not my place to question it.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 01:04 AM

That makes sense, you'll just make more from whatever dumpster diver you find at the bar late on a Friday night just to raise as disposable trash.

Bet he drives a pickup truck.

ODB
12-18-2018, 01:09 AM
Why are you so hateful, not to mention irrationally insulting, Cap'n?

Why are you reading into this blindly?

Helena
12-18-2018, 01:09 AM
Right

That makes sense, you'll just make more from whatever dumpster diver you find at the bar late on a Friday night just to raise as disposable trash.

Bet he drives a pickup truck.

You resort to insults when you can't get us to come around to your way of not thinking? Excuse the hell out of me for caring enough about my family to tell the truth.

ODB
12-18-2018, 01:24 AM
You resort to insults when you can't get us to come around to your way of not thinking? Excuse the hell out of me for caring enough about my family to tell the truth.

Can't take it too personally. Many guys have bought into letting go of their masculinity and embracing femininity... unfortunately they're the ugly aspects associated with females. :(

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 01:28 AM
It is standard practice that if a police officer dies while in the performance of his duty then the suspect being chased is charged with his murder. The police officers would not have died if the suspect had not been engaged in illegal activities. There was an incident in Florida where the police were chasing a car and a motorcycle racing down I-95 and the cop blew a tire, crashed and was killed. The racers didn't even know they were being chased since the cops were several miles behind them. They caught the motorcyclist and he was charged with murder.

Some people seem to believe that if a police officer dies it was obviously his fault and the criminal should bear no blame. I am sorry some police officer pissed in your corn flakes one morning but this hatred of the police borders on insanity.

ODB
12-18-2018, 01:33 AM
It is standard practice that if a police officer dies while in the performance of his duty then the suspect being chased is charged with his murder. The police officers would not have died if the suspect had not been engaged in illegal activities. There was an incident in Florida where the police were chasing a car and a motorcycle racing down I-95 and the cop blew a tire, crashed and was killed. The racers didn't even know they were being chased since the cops were several miles behind them. They caught the motorcyclist and he was charged with murder.

Some people seem to believe that if a police officer dies it was obviously his fault and the criminal should bear no blame. I am sorry some police officer pissed in your corn flakes one morning but this hatred of the police borders on insanity.

Standard practice is one thing, but that example is a bad one for it.

The cops I know take their safety into consideration when making the risky decisions they do. The article in this thread drips of naive incompetence. These cops weren't ready for their job and now their families are suffering for it.

Helena
12-18-2018, 01:36 AM
Can't take it too personally. Many guys have bought into letting go of their masculinity and embracing femininity... unfortunately they're the ugly aspects associated with females. :(

Does androgyny embody the best characteristics of both sexes, or the worst? I wonder.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Itispat.jpg

ODB
12-18-2018, 01:44 AM
Does androgyny embody the best characteristics of both sexes, or the worst? I wonder.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Itispat.jpg

Worst!!

jimmyz
12-18-2018, 02:59 AM
Sorry Capt. O but you just got railroaded out of this thread (nice pun huh) They called you effeminate. You must retaliate for the sake of MANkind.

Cletus
12-18-2018, 05:08 AM
Right

WTF is wrong with you?

ODB asked a perfectly reasonable question. How the Hell do you get hit by a train when you are on foot?

Trains can't exactly sneak up on you.

Peter1469
12-18-2018, 05:15 AM

It is possible depending on the facts.

Cletus
12-18-2018, 07:08 AM
It is possible depending on the facts.

Very much so. Generally, any death that results, even indirectly, during the commission of a crime is going to bring charges of some degree of homicide.

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 07:47 AM
Standard practice is one thing, but that example is a bad one for it.

The cops I know take their safety into consideration when making the risky decisions they do. The article in this thread drips of naive incompetence. These cops weren't ready for their job and now their families are suffering for it.

Excuse me, but less you were on the scene as it was happening you have no idea of why these two police officers were hit by this train. Perhaps they did do something stupid and incompetent or perhaps it was circumstances that simply lead to their death. In the incident I described above I thought the motorcyclist was a victim of circumstance and for 10 minutes of "fun" he was going to spend a lifetime of misery for something that was beyond his control. However, the fact remains that under the law if your actions directly or indirectly lead to the death of another person then you are liable for that death.

But please don't tell us you are psychic and know exactly why and how these officers met their death.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 09:55 AM
Sorry Capt. O but you just got railroaded out of this thread (nice pun huh) They called you effeminate. You must retaliate for the sake of MANkind.

lol

I went to bed, I'll pick this up in due time.

ODB
12-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Excuse me, but less you were on the scene as it was happening you have no idea of why these two police officers were hit by this train. Perhaps they did do something stupid and incompetent or perhaps it was circumstances that simply lead to their death. In the incident I described above I thought the motorcyclist was a victim of circumstance and for 10 minutes of "fun" he was going to spend a lifetime of misery for something that was beyond his control. However, the fact remains that under the law if your actions directly or indirectly lead to the death of another person then you are liable for that death.

But please don't tell us you are psychic and know exactly why and how these officers met their death.

Thanks for all of that minus the presumptions.

I know I have "no idea..." that's why I keep asking how you get hit by a train. SMDH

It makes the most sense that they were just too eager and ego took over their faculties.

ODB
12-18-2018, 10:58 AM

It's possible I incorrectly assumed his (?) gender.

Not the first time that's happened here.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 10:59 AM
It's possible I incorrectly assumed his (?) gender.

Not the first time that's happened here.

I bet the boys in the trailer park dont confuse yours.

Captdon
12-18-2018, 11:03 AM
That's beyond lame.

I'd guess she's tell them she'll wait for a heroic stranger.

Captdon
12-18-2018, 11:07 AM

You ever heard of tunnel vision?

ODB
I bet the boys in the trailer park dont confuse yours.

You keep on doing you, boi.

ODB

Pun intended?

Captdon
12-18-2018, 11:14 AM
Pun intended?

I don't laugh at cops dying. They were so focused on the guy shooting a pistol they were unaware of the electric, silent train coming. You don't know what happened but you see the humor of it. I don't. Sorry.

ODB
12-18-2018, 11:17 AM

I don't laugh at cops dying. They were so focused on the guy shooting a pistol they were unaware of the electric, silent train coming. You don't know what happened but you see the humor of it. I don't. Sorry.

Apology accepted.

Helena
12-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Police said one of the body camera videos which they may never release shows the officers exit their patrol car, go up a hill to the Metra tracks at 103rd and Cottage Grove Avenue and talk about where the offender could have gone.
In the distance, the officers can see a train approaching heading north making noise. Police said it possibly masked the sound of another high-speed train South Shore Line train full of commuters that was only feet behind them and then the camera fades to black.
https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-mourns-2-police-officers-killed-by-south-shore-train/4921383/

MisterVeritis
12-18-2018, 11:33 AM

You gave an example of an unjust justice system.

MisterVeritis
12-18-2018, 11:34 AM
Trains can't exactly sneak up on you.
Apparently, they can.

The Xl
12-18-2018, 11:50 AM
Why shouldn't charges be tacked on?

I feel for these cops, but we can't even get charges to stick on cops when they directly do something criminal. But yet, we're charging civilians for something they didn't even directly do? Come on.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 11:53 AM
I feel for these cops, but we can't even get charges to stick on cops when they directly do something criminal. But yet, we're charging civilians for something they didn't even directly do? Come on.

The thugs actions didn't endanger those cops or anyone else for that matter?

You would have a better point if there was no criminal activity and running away from the crime involved.

The Xl
12-18-2018, 11:57 AM
The thugs actions didn't endanger those cops or anyone else for that matter?

You would have a better point if there was no criminal activity and running away from the crime involved.

I just want equality under law. That's all. Their have been cops who shoot people in cold blood and don't get charged, but we charge civilians for indirectly causing an officers death. And indirect is being generous, it's not as if the criminal kicked the officers onto a track with an oncoming train, the officers lack of awareness certainly played a massive factor in their own deaths.

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 11:59 AM
I just want equality under law. That's all. Their have been cops who shoot people in cold blood and don't get charged, but we charge civilians for indirectly causing an officers death. And indirect is being generous, it's not as if the criminal kicked the officers onto a track with an oncoming train, the officers lack of awareness certainly played a massive factor in their own deaths.

I get that and so do I but two wrongs don't make a right.

jimmyz
12-18-2018, 12:09 PM
I hope Chicago PD SOP on rail lines will be amended.

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Thanks for all of that minus the presumptions.

I know I have "no idea..." that's why I keep asking how you get hit by a train. SMDH

It makes the most sense that they were just too eager and ego took over their faculties.
There are several ways they could get hit, they may have been in a tunnel or on a bridge when the train came through leaving them with no escape route, they may have stepped from behind a non moving train in front of one that was behind it but now moving, it may have been backing up in the yard with no EOT device. There may be other reasons I haven't thought of but lets blame the police, call them incompetent and egotistical and just too eager to capture that criminal shooting at people. We get it.

Helena
12-18-2018, 01:13 PM
I presented what happened. Your fanciful imaginations and machinations to try to defend what happened here are truly something to behold.

Tell me, when do the warning signs around train tracks not apply to everyone?

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 01:16 PM
You gave an example of an unjust justice system.

Is it? Actually, its standard practice to charge anyone involved in a crime for any reason with murder if anyone dies during the commission of that crime. Suppose the victim has a heart attack because of the robbery and dies. Even the driver of the get away car will be charged with murder.

Its sad the motorcyclist may have gone to jail for this but if he had not been racing on a public highway the police would not have chased him and one of the police officers would not have died in an auto wreck.

And BTW, being arrested is not the same as being convicted. His lawyer may have been able to argue mitigating circumstances because the police department didn't keep the cars in good repair allowing the tire to have a blow out

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 01:22 PM
I presented what happened. Your fanciful imaginations and machinations to try to defend what happened here are truly something to behold.

Tell me, when do the warning signs around train tracks not apply to everyone?

What did you present? Two police officers were killed when hit by a train while chasing a potential shooter. That is all you presented. No reasons why the cops were completely at fault. Your idea that the police should never put themselves in harms way if it means a criminal might be charged with additional charges if they are injured or killed is asinine to the extreme.

MisterVeritis
12-18-2018, 01:25 PM
Is it? Actually, its standard practice to charge anyone involved in a crime for any reason with murder if anyone dies during the commission of that crime. Suppose the victim has a heart attack because of the robbery and dies. Even the driver of the get away car will be charged with murder.

Its sad the motorcyclist may have gone to jail for this but if he had not been racing on a public highway the police would not have chased him and one of the police officers would not have died in an auto wreck.

And BTW, being arrested is not the same as being convicted. His lawyer may have been able to argue mitigating circumstances because the police department didn't keep the cars in good repair allowing the tire to have a blow out
Yes. It is unjust to charge someone who did not know they were being pursued. Why not charge them with every bad thing that happened to any police officer who happened to hear the radio traffic and started moving toward the scene?

Helena
12-18-2018, 01:36 PM
What did you present?...
Police said one of the body camera videos which they may never release shows the officers exit their patrol car, go up a hill to the Metra tracks at 103rd and Cottage Grove Avenue and talk about where the offender could have gone.
In the distance, the officers can see a train approaching heading north making noise. Police said it possibly masked the sound of another high-speed train South Shore Line train full of commuters that was only feet behind them and then the camera fades to black.
https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-mourns-2-police-officers-killed-by-south-shore-train/4921383/

Again, do the warnings about the danger of trains not apply to everyone?

jimmyz
12-18-2018, 01:49 PM
Anti or pro cop, we agree some new training is needed department wide to avoid this type of tragedy in the future IMO.

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 02:00 PM
Yes. It is unjust to charge someone who did not know they were being pursued. Why not charge them with every bad thing that happened to any police officer who happened to hear the radio traffic and started moving toward the scene?
Come on, you are better than this. Supposed he robbed a bank and was fleeing the scene but didn't know the police knew about it yet and the same thing happened. Would you give him a walk for that?

Captain Obvious
12-18-2018, 02:00 PM
There are several ways they could get hit, they may have been in a tunnel or on a bridge when the train came through leaving them with no escape route, they may have stepped from behind a non moving train in front of one that was behind it but now moving, it may have been backing up in the yard with no EOT device. There may be other reasons I haven't thought of but lets blame the police, call them incompetent and egotistical and just too eager to capture that criminal shooting at people. We get it.

Doesn't matter. The canker sisters hate cops and love pit bulls.

Comes with the trailer trash culture.

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Again, do the warnings about the danger of trains not apply to everyone?

No no no, they were obviously extremely incompetent and egotistical police officers and deserved to be run over by a train. In fact, every police office in every jurisdiction should be run over by a train.

You are way too bitter about the police.

ODB
12-18-2018, 02:12 PM
Debunked.

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 02:22 PM
Debunked.
Prove it.

Helena
12-18-2018, 02:23 PM

Comes with the trailer trash culture.I actually don't love pits. And I am pretty sure ODB doesn't hate cops, but I don't wish to speak for her. As for your continued aspersions.. Keep on not knowing what you are talking about. I put it right up there with accusing others of racism and the like, but I don't get offended. If that's what you're going for, you've failed in that arena as well.

No no no, they were obviously extremely incompetent and egotistical police officers and deserved to be run over by a train. In fact, every police office in every jurisdiction should be run over by a train.

You are way too bitter about the police. I think anyone, regardless of position, who stands on railroad tracks are likely to pay the consequences for their actions.

If it were anyone else, you might not be trying so hard.

MisterVeritis
12-18-2018, 03:50 PM
Come on, you are better than this. Supposed he robbed a bank and was fleeing the scene but didn't know the police knew about it yet and the same thing happened. Would you give him a walk for that?
What if the perp was resting at home a day later?

Your example was not justice. It was unjust.

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 04:44 PM
I actually don't love pits. And I am pretty sure ODB doesn't hate cops, but I don't wish to speak for her. As for your continued aspersions.. Keep on not knowing what you are talking about. I put it right up there with accusing others of racism and the like, but I don't get offended. If that's what you're going for, you've failed in that arena as well.
I think anyone, regardless of position, who stands on railroad tracks are likely to pay the consequences for their actions.

If it were anyone else, you might not be trying so hard.

Anyone else? No, I would think anyone, regardless of who or what they may be, who thinks that dead policemen are their own fault are totally despicable. I do think you have a hatred of the police that I find baffling.

Helena
12-18-2018, 04:47 PM
They screwed up and they are dead because of it. The end.

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 04:49 PM
What if the perp was resting at home a day later?

Your example was not justice. It was unjust.

I don't understand what point you are trying to make. Do you mean if the motorcycle racer were home after the incident and the police came to arrest him and one fell off his front porch and died would he be charged with murder? I don't know to be honest. I do know of another incident in Florida where a truck driver drove through a stop sign and killed several members of a single family and was arrested for manslaughter. A few days later, at the funeral, another relative was overcome with grief, had a heart attack and died and the trucker was charged with his death as well because it was a direct outcome of his running the stop sign. Oh, the driver had also forged his logs and had not had any sleep for two days prior to the accident.

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 04:51 PM
They screwed up and they are dead because of it. The end.

They are dead because they were investigating a potential crime. There is no indication they "screwed up".

But you will believe what you wish since it goes along with your irrational hatred of authority.

MisterVeritis
12-18-2018, 04:52 PM
I don't understand what point you are trying to make. Do you mean if the motorcycle racer were home after the incident and the police came to arrest him and one fell off his front porch and died would he be charged with murder? I don't know to be honest. I do know of another incident in Florida where a truck driver drove through a stop sign and killed several members of a single family and was arrested for manslaughter. A few days later, at the funeral, another relative was overcome with grief, had a heart attack and died and the trucker was charged with his death as well because it was a direct outcome of his running the stop sign. Oh, the driver had also forged his logs and had not had any sleep for two days prior to the accident.
I am pleased you have so many examples of injustice meted out in the name of justice.

MisterVeritis
12-18-2018, 04:54 PM
They are dead because they were investigating a potential crime. There is no indication they "screwed up".
Well, yes. There is. They are dead, after all.

Regrets. Hot pursuits are always dangerous to officers and those around them. Beyond survived experiences, I don't see a way to fix this. Simulations can help.

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Are you trying to be funny?

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 04:59 PM

duplicate

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2018, 05:01 PM

People get hit by trains all the time. Usually its the person being hit's fault but not always. There were over 800 fatalities last year alone. That is slightly over 2 per day.

Captdon
12-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Apology accepted.

If I responded to this the way I want I would be banned. You are a piece of trash.

Captdon
12-18-2018, 06:00 PM
What did you present? Two police officers were killed when hit by a train while chasing a potential shooter. That is all you presented. No reasons why the cops were completely at fault. Your idea that the police should never put themselves in harms way if it means a criminal might be charged with additional charges if they are injured or killed is asinine to the extreme.

Helena hates cops.

Captdon
12-18-2018, 06:03 PM

But you will believe what you wish since it goes along with your irrational hatred of authority.

It doesn't matter to some people. Hate for cops usually has a reason.

ODB
12-18-2018, 06:08 PM
If I responded to this the way I want I would be banned. You are a piece of trash.

Do you always take your inabilities out on other people?

Cletus
12-18-2018, 07:10 PM

Uh, they're dead. That is a pretty good indicator.

Unless you fall over dead from natural causes, you die because you screwed up. In combat, maybe you zig when you should have zagged or expose the top of your head for a second too long. Maybe you book a flight on the wrong plane and it goes down in the Pacific, but the one that leaves an hour later gets where it is going just fine. You put your foot in the wrong place and fall down down some stairs in Georgetown and break your neck, you stand on a railroad track when a train is coming and don't get out of its way... That is all on you.

That doesn't mean you weren't acting with the best intentions. It doesn't mean you weren't trying to help and do the right thing. It just means you screwed up.

That is why we used to refer to the Purple Heart as the "I forgot to duck badge".

Their deaths are regrettable. However, it is also pretty certain they were avoidable. Even the best people sometime "screw up".

jimmyz
12-18-2018, 07:47 PM
I wonder engineer of the train that hit them laid on his horn before colliding? Was there even time as the cops got to the top of the rail line embankment?

Captdon
12-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Do you always take your inabilities out on other people?

You don't have any concept of what trash is. Look in a mirror. If i can see you would too. Cop haters are trash.

Helena
12-19-2018, 11:41 AM
... Hate for cops usually has a reason.

or several.

Helena
12-19-2018, 11:43 AM
You don't have any concept of what trash is. Look in a mirror. If i can see you would too. Cop haters are trash.
Whoa, whoa.. hey! Over here! I'm the board certified proclaimed cop hater. Direct your misplaced butthurt in a steady stream, don't spray all over the place.

The Xl
12-19-2018, 11:51 AM
I get that and so do I but two wrongs don't make a right.

I'd rather there be two rights instead of two wrongs, but we aren't going to get that evidently. I see your point but it's ultimately a caste system where some get justice and others don't by design and I have a big problem with that.

ODB
12-19-2018, 11:59 AM

I actually like cops more than I do pitbulls. Go chew on that one.

Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is for me to claim conservatism alongside some of you jerks? It annoyed me in the beginning that I felt drawn to 'like' posts of known liberals of the board. The likes of you aren't doing the class any favors.

MisterVeritis
12-19-2018, 12:06 PM

Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is for me to claim conservatism alongside some of you jerks? It annoyed me in the beginning that I felt drawn to 'like' posts of known liberals of the board. The likes of you aren't doing the class any favors.
I thank posts based on their usefulness and/or my agreement with the point.

ODB
12-19-2018, 12:12 PM
I thank posts based on their usefulness and/or my agreement with the point.
I probably could have worded that better.

In my experiences online, I haven't come across liberals being able to debate conservatives intelligently very often. Here though, it seems to be prevalent that the conservatives resort to petty digs and insults.

roadmaster
12-19-2018, 10:38 PM
Charged with reckless discharge of a firearm-endangerment and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon-loaded. He’s due in bond court Thursday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1075557557798912001/KIkuGWWB?format=jpg&name=600x314

Captdon
12-20-2018, 11:48 AM
Whoa, whoa.. hey! Over here! I'm the board certified proclaimed cop hater. Direct your misplaced butthurt in a steady stream, don't spray all over the place.

Yes, you are. You not alone. Share the Hate! Nothing misplaced ny calling you what you are.

Helena
12-20-2018, 11:51 AM
Yes, you are. You not alone. Share the Hate! Nothing misplaced ny calling you what you are.

Meh. Highlighting severe problems in an institution will always be misconstrued and mischaracterized.

Captdon
12-20-2018, 11:55 AM

1. I'm not a conservative. I'm a minimalist. Look up the difference...or remain ignorant.

2. I'm not here to do anyone favors.

3. The likes of you are embarrassment to mankind.

You liking cops more than pitbulls is idiocy. I have said nothing about pitbulls.

Wow, when you fuck up a post you go all out.

Captdon
12-20-2018, 11:57 AM
Meh. Highlighting severe problems in an institution will always be misconstrued and mischaracterized.

Hate is hate.

Helena
12-20-2018, 12:01 PM
^^^ Like I said.

Love is love.

Soft is soft.

Pity is pity.

ODB
12-20-2018, 12:08 PM

Comes with the trailer trash culture.

1. I'm not a conservative. I'm a minimalist. Look up the difference...or remain ignorant.

2. I'm not here to do anyone favors.

3. The likes of you are embarrassment to mankind.

You liking cops more than pitbulls is idiocy. I have said nothing about pitbulls.

Wow, when you fuck up a post you go all out.

Whoa! Big mistake for confusing the 2 parroting Cap's. :rollseyes:

Did you ever provide an intelligent explanation for how someone competent gets run over by a train?

donttread
12-22-2018, 12:13 PM
Rogue train?

Yeah, how the hell does that happen?

Common
12-22-2018, 12:23 PM

ROFLMAO, know what Helena at first I thought well shes got a point, there are bad cops and some are doing bad things and they should PAY THE PRICE, then I realized it was your obsession and you dont have a clue what your talking about. Now its become funny to me, because its not an obsession its a deep emotional issue that you need to get addressed

Helena
12-22-2018, 12:30 PM
ROFLMAO, know what Helena at first I thought well shes got a point, there are bad cops and some are doing bad things and they should PAY THE PRICE, then I realized it was your obsession and you dont have a clue what your talking about. Now its become funny to me, because its not an obsession its a deep emotional issue that you need to get addressed

You realize little, but the laughter is good. Does it come from a place of knowing that the officers brought their deaths on themselves?

Also, if you kept reading the thread, you'd know it is a common tactic to tack on such charges in many cases.

I hope you are able to keep some of your upcoming New Year's Resolutions. Good luck in your endeavors.

Common
12-22-2018, 12:35 PM
That's beyond lame.

Cap trust me on this one, My two son in laws have read a couple of the hate posts and they smirked and laughed.

There are cop groupies and cop haters and cop everything else too.

Police Officer was diminished when they lowered the standards and qualifications across the board to allow women who couldnt pass the long standing Physical Acruity test to be able to pass it. They made allowances for those with criminal history in some cases to become police officers and they were forced to hire based on other factors OTHER than taking the best candidates, they reaped what they sowed.

But when anyone gets past their hatred and actually looks at the facts, the facts demonstrate that its a miniscule amount of issues with bad cops.

There are over 1,000,000 LEOs in the country they are in the many many thousands on duty 24hrs a day 365 days a year. They interact with the public in some areas several times a shift, the incidents are extremely few.

Police Officers have a right to do whatever it takes for them to go home safe and unharmed at the end of their shift and that iis NEVER going to change.

So hate on, rage on, misconstrue, exaggerate, bloviate and just spew all you want. The Police were here before you were born, they will be here long after you are dead and they wont miss a beat because you hate them.

Lower the standard of anything and you get a lower standard.

Captain Obvious
12-22-2018, 12:55 PM
Cap trust me on this one, My two son in laws have read a couple of the hate posts and they smirked and laughed.

Police Officer was diminished when they lowered the standards and qualifications across the board to allow women who couldnt pass the long standing Physical Acruity test to be able to pass it. They made allowances for those with criminal history in some cases to become police officers and they were forced to hire based on other factors OTHER than taking the best candidates, they reaped what they sowed.

But when anyone gets past their hatred and actually looks at the facts, the facts demonstrate that its a miniscule amount of issues with bad cops.

There are over 1,000,000 LEOs in the country they are in the many many thousands on duty 24hrs a day 365 days a year. They interact with the public in some areas several times a shift, the incidents are extremely few.

Police Officers have a right to do whatever it takes for them to go home safe and unharmed at the end of their shift and that iis NEVER going to change.

So hate on, rage on, misconstrue, exaggerate, bloviate and just spew all you want. The Police were here before you were born, they will be here long after you are dead and they wont miss a beat because you hate them.

Hating an institution isn't much different than hating someone because of their race.

Some people are just trash.

Captain Obvious
12-22-2018, 12:55 PM
Whoa! Big mistake for confusing the 2 parroting Cap's. :rollseyes:

Did you ever provide an intelligent explanation for how someone competent gets run over by a train?

Just remember, I'm the good looking one.

;)

donttread
12-22-2018, 02:58 PM

"Groupies"? Did you partake when you were working?

Helena
12-22-2018, 03:25 PM
Hating an institution isn't much different than hating someone because of their race.

Goddamn, you sure you don't wish to rethink or re-word your sentiment, there?

zachroidott
12-22-2018, 03:46 PM

Not really, no.

Captain Obvious
12-22-2018, 05:38 PM
Goddamn, you sure you don't wish to rethink or re-word your sentiment, there?

Nope.

"You're a black guy and I don't know you or anything about you but I hate you because you're a black guy".

Now substitute "cop" for "black guy".

Have a nice day.

Helena
12-22-2018, 06:15 PM
Nope.

"You're a black guy and I don't know you or anything about you but I hate you because you're a black guy".

Now substitute "cop" for "black guy".

Have a nice day.

When did you first realize the level of your critical thinking skills don't meet the requirements for the big rides?

Captain Obvious
12-22-2018, 06:23 PM
When did you first realize the level of your critical thinking skills don't meet the requirements for the big rides?

That you chose a personal attack rather than counter my point pretty much tells me you have nothing, but I already knew that.

Happy Hanukkah

Helena
12-22-2018, 06:37 PM
That answer coming from you is laughable. So, I'm laughing.

It wasn't an attack. It was an observation based on the answer you gave.

Captain Obvious
12-22-2018, 06:42 PM
That answer coming from you is laughable. So, I'm laughing.

It wasn't an attack. It was an observation based on the answer you gave.

Still got nothing?

What a shocker.

bye

Helena
12-22-2018, 06:50 PM
:cya:

Common
12-22-2018, 07:43 PM
"Groupies"? Did you partake when you were working?

I was already married to what is still to me the most beautiful and best woman a guy like me could ever get lucky enough to find. I would never jeopardize that and my closeness to my kids for a fling with something substandard.

ODB
12-22-2018, 08:18 PM
I was already married to what is still to me the most beautiful and best woman a guy like me could ever get lucky enough to find. I would never jeopardize that and my closeness to my kids for a fling with something substandard.

Typical pattern of ethics for an ex-cop. :rollseyes:

Are you a female?

I'm not trolling.

yeah I am

Helena
12-22-2018, 08:20 PM
Well, that's just weird.

Captain Obvious
12-22-2018, 08:21 PM

Your scissor sister thanked him on that post, do you realize that?

Better practice your choreography a little more.

:biglaugh:

ODB
12-22-2018, 08:22 PM
Your scissor sister thanked him on that post, do you realize that?

Better practice your choreography a little more.

:biglaugh:

And? I appreciate people who can think for themselves. I'm not Ransom, afterall. :)

Captain Obvious
12-22-2018, 08:23 PM
And? I appreciate people who can think for themselves. I'm not Ransom, afterall. :)

We agree on that.

ODB
12-22-2018, 08:34 PM
well, that's just weird.

ikr?!

Common
12-22-2018, 08:38 PM

Im a gay female married to my partner but I think im a man and we had surrogate kids and we were both scumbag cops :)

ODB
12-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Im a gay female married to my partner but I think im a man and we had surrogate kids and we were both scumbag cops :)

I'm glad for you both that the standards were lowered for you to be able to live out your dream job. 'Murica!

:)

Helena
12-22-2018, 08:42 PM
I'm glad for you both that the standards were lowered for you to be able to live out your dream job. 'Murica!

:)
Damn. Was just about to point out the confirmation that women aren't funny and then you came along and ruined it!