MisterVeritis
12-19-2018, 02:10 PM
Fed Raises Rates, Says Economic, Jobs Growth Strong

My headline is more accurate.

I despise the FED.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/federal-reserve-december-meeting-2018

alexa
12-19-2018, 07:25 PM
*Trump's economy* seems to be destroying itself perfectly well by itself, much like the majority of things he's touched over the years.

Your fevered conspiratorial ranting is noted and chuckled at.

MisterVeritis
12-19-2018, 07:27 PM
*Trump's economy* seems to be destroying itself perfectly well by itself, much like the majority of things he's touched over the years.
You are uninformed. The Feds have raised the interest rates four times under President Trump.

alexa
12-19-2018, 07:29 PM
You are uninformed. The Feds have raised the interest rates four times under President Trump.

I know.

Did you have a point or is this just meant as more examples of the fed picking on poor Donald?

Peter1469
12-19-2018, 07:48 PM
If there are really signs of a recession coming, then the Fed should be holding off on interest rate hikes.

MisterVeritis
12-19-2018, 07:52 PM
I know.

Did you have a point or is this just meant as more examples of the fed picking on poor Donald?
The Fed knows a great economy is very good for Republicans and President Trump. The Fed doesn't mind damaging the people and the nation to get rid of President Trump.

Tahuyaman
12-19-2018, 07:54 PM
*Trump's economy* seems to be destroying itself perfectly well by itself....

Is there a basis for that conclusion?

donttread
12-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Fed Raises Rates, Says Economic, Jobs Growth Strong

My headline is more accurate.

I despise the FED.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/federal-reserve-december-meeting-2018

I agree with you about the Fed, we'd be better off without them. They are a government lap dog bank that has helped keep interest artificially low for way too long. They made the "housing bubble" ( called out of control inflation in most industries) crash much harder than it had to . They fueled it despite knowing what the results would be in order to produce good short term numbers

Peter1469
12-19-2018, 09:35 PM
I agree with you about the Fed, we'd be better off without them. They are a government lap dog bank that has helped keep interest artificially low for way too long. They made the "housing bubble" ( called out of control inflation in most industries) crash much harder than it had to . They fueled it despite knowing what the results would be in order to produce good short term numbers
The Fed didn't have anything to do with the housing bubble.

MisterVeritis
12-19-2018, 10:18 PM
It seems you agree for many wrong reasons.

donttread
12-20-2018, 02:25 PM

So let me get this straight. Your position is that slashinging interest rates for no good reason had nothing to do with out of control real estate market? You sure that's what you want to go with?

donttread
12-20-2018, 02:26 PM
It seems you agree for many wrong reasons.

It seems to me you do. The fed should not be artifically controlling interest rates. Do you disagree with that?

MisterVeritis
12-20-2018, 02:52 PM
It seems to me you do. The fed should not be artificially controlling interest rates. Do you disagree with that?
I do agree. I have no idea what artificially means.

MisterVeritis
12-20-2018, 02:52 PM
The Fed has destroyed more American wealth than Al Qaeda.

Admiral Ackbar
12-20-2018, 02:56 PM
I know.

The Fed is picking on us. Pres Trump is our dully elected President.

God Bless America and God Bless Donald Trump

ripmeister
12-20-2018, 04:44 PM
It's all part of the grand conspiracy.

Peter1469
12-20-2018, 05:56 PM
So let me get this straight. Your position is that slashinging interest rates for no good reason had nothing to do with out of control real estate market? You sure that's what you want to go with?

Interest rates were slashed for reason. And that occurred after the housing market collapsed. Any followup questions?

Tahuyaman
12-20-2018, 06:02 PM
I don't believe that the fed is raising rates to make the Trump administration look bad. That's kook stuff.

Tahuyaman
12-20-2018, 06:04 PM

You are absolutely correct, no question about it.

Tahuyaman
12-20-2018, 06:06 PM

The fed played no role in the so called mortgage crisis.

Captdon
12-20-2018, 07:46 PM

What was your name the last time you were here. You're a troll.

Captdon
12-20-2018, 07:47 PM
I know.

You don't know the difference between .25% and 2.25% interest rates?

Yes, you'll be old and eating alpo.

They are hurting everyone who borrows. That's homes, furniture, cars, etc. You TDS has spread to your entire brain and you now favor hurting everyone because you're ill.

Captdon
12-20-2018, 07:51 PM
Is there a basis for that conclusion?

Alexa said so.

donttread
12-20-2018, 08:20 PM
I do agree. I have no idea what artificially means.

Meaning not letting the all powerful "market" set the rates . You don't cut interest rates at a time of what might be called hyper inflation .
The market would of raised rates and eased the crash

MisterVeritis
12-20-2018, 08:36 PM
Meaning not letting the all powerful "market" set the rates . You don't cut interest rates at a time of what might be called hyper inflation .
The market would of raised rates and eased the crash
Unfortunately, the market does not appear to have a role. It has been gobbled up by the government.

Tahuyaman
12-21-2018, 01:07 AM
The Fed is picking on us. Pres Trump is our dully elected President.

God Bless America and God Bless Donald Trump

Sometimes you make me laugh.

MisterVeritis
12-21-2018, 01:10 AM
It's all part of the grand conspiracy.
You have stumbled over the truth.

MisterVeritis
12-21-2018, 01:11 AM
I don't believe that the fed is raising rates to make the Trump administration look bad. That's kook stuff.
Yes. They are. Not to see it is naivety.

Tahuyaman
12-21-2018, 01:13 AM
Yes. They are. Not to see it is naivety.
No, they're not.

MisterVeritis
12-21-2018, 01:20 AM
No, they're not.
Watch and learn.

Tahuyaman
12-21-2018, 01:25 AM
Watch and learn.
The fed is not trying to sabotage the economy to spite Trump.

donttread
12-21-2018, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately, the market does not appear to have a role. It has been gobbled up by the government.

Of which the fed is an extension.

The Xl
12-21-2018, 12:07 PM
The fed screwing around is nothing new. They have unchecked power of our monetary supply, they're more powerful than the branches of government. What's more is that they completely unelected.

MisterVeritis
12-21-2018, 12:14 PM
The fed is not trying to sabotage the economy to spite Trump.
Yes. They are.

MisterVeritis
12-21-2018, 12:14 PM
Of which the fed is an extension.
Yes. I was including the Fed as a part of the government.

Captain Obvious
12-21-2018, 01:39 PM
Rates were expected to increase well before Trump took office.

Calm down Sally's, there's no conspiracy here.

Peter1469
12-21-2018, 08:29 PM

Devil's counsel: if the fed sees signs of a recession, raising interest rates is counter-productive.

MisterVeritis
12-21-2018, 11:07 PM

Of course, there is. During Barack's reign, the rates were held close to zero for his eight years. So far the FED has raised rates four times and has announced they intend to raise rates two more times in the next two quarters.

It is intentional. It is also uncalled for.

Captain Obvious
12-21-2018, 11:12 PM
Of course, there is. During Barack's reign, the rates were held close to zero for his eight years. So far the FED has raised rates four times and has announced they intend to raise rates two more times in the next two quarters.

It is intentional. It is also uncalled for.

I don't disagree, I've been on record saying whatever "gains" were had during Bammy's run were smoke and mirrors, that forcing rates down propped up other things.

You should know that too.

And if Bammy was able to manipulate rates, why is Trump then allowing rates to increase?

Try to answer that if you can.

MisterVeritis
12-21-2018, 11:49 PM
I don't disagree, I've been on record saying whatever "gains" were had during Bammy's run were smoke and mirrors, that forcing rates down propped up other things.

You should know that too.

And if Bammy was able to manipulate rates, why is Trump then allowing rates to increase?

Try to answer that if you can.
The FED members are Progressives, establishment, and they hate having an outsider as the President. They can harm the economy for the next two years to defeat President Trump. And they will.

Dr. Who
12-22-2018, 02:13 AM
The FED members are Progressives, establishment, and they hate having an outsider as the President. They can harm the economy for the next two years to defeat President Trump. And they will.
Or it may have nothing to do with any President since the Fed is connected to the world bank and they have their own agenda. Stock prices are high now and it's time for the international vampires to feed. It's time for a recession and a drop in stock price which will allow the vampires to buy up stock at cheap prices after which interest rates will fall, business will recover and the vampires will reap the profits when stock prices recover. This whole business about the gulf between the progressives and the conservatives is cultivated to keep you distracted from what and who is really running everything. America is the key to the whole global banking regime. Who else has given up control of their monetary system to multinational banking?