PDA

View Full Version : Latest glitch in ObamaCare: Millions of middle class qualify for free insurance

Juggernaut
06-29-2011, 08:07 PM
This was discussed by legitimate media outlets while the lousy bill was debated, yet silenced by the death tone fools who think they know what's best for America. Insurance costs have risen while the messiah touts wealth redistribution while also making rich liberals richer. And where are the MSM? Designing the future should be left to honest adults, not children who refuse to listen to adults. Get ready for more generation thieves lying to protect something they don't deserve.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110621/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_health_overhaul_glitch
AP Exclusive: Medicaid for the middle class?

President Barack Obama's health care law would let several million middle-class people get nearly free insurance meant for the poor, a twist government number crunchers say they discovered only after the complex bill was signed.

The change would affect early retirees: A married couple could have an annual income of about $64,000 and still get Medicaid, said officials who make long-range cost estimates for the Health and Human Services department.

After initially downplaying any concern, the Obama administration said late Tuesday it would look for a fix.

Up to 3 million more people could qualify for Medicaid in 2014 as a result of the anomaly. That's because, in a major change from today, most of their Social Security benefits would no longer be counted as income for determining eligibility. It might be compared to allowing middle-class people to qualify for food stamps.

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/san-francisco-city-retirees-make-more-than-the-workers-who-pay-their-pensions
Liberal logic? San Francisco city retirees make more than the workers who pay their pensions

If you live in San Francisco and you’re unfortunate enough to work for someone other than the city/county government, you’re getting screwed. And there ain’t no glory hole in sight.

No wonder Heather Fong is smiling. The former San Francisco police chief gets an annual pension of $264,000

The SF Gate spells out the specifics:

The average retiree from San Francisco city government earns an annual pension of $46,272, according to the San Francisco Employees’ Retirement System. The average retiree who worked at least 30 years in city government earns an annual pension of $76,981.

The average pension for a retiree from the Fire Department is $108,552. From the Police Department? $95,016. And everybody else? $41,136.

Captain Obvious
06-29-2011, 09:04 PM
One of the biggest issues with Obamacare is the unknown - nobody seems to know where it's headed. Lotta theories out there, some are being taken advantage of now at this point, but nobody seems to have a good handle on it.

DSH payments (disproportionate share payments) from state Medicaid programs - these are payments to providers who provide services in areas with a high proportion of under or uninsured. "Disproportionate" is a term that says "yeah, we know state Medicaid programs suck and pay less than the cost of delivering healthcare, so we'll throw a few sheckles to providers with high Medicaid and private pay patients".

It's a program that keeps a lot of small, community providers in business and with state budget crunches and funding cuts going on, states are banking on everyone at some point having healthcare coverage and they're starting to phase out DSH payments on that assumption.

Pretty aggressive tactics IMO considering the unknown is still unknown.

Juggernaut
07-20-2011, 07:26 PM
I remember reading about DSH but the article didn't mention the term. This is one of the reasons why dems continue pushing for higher taxes, many don't care about the tax effects on businesses nor the increased insurance costs that will be needed to cover the costs of Obamacare. I also wonder if Obamacare factored in the effects of continued high unemployment which affects smaller communities longer.

MMC
07-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Wonder what Obama-Care would look like if the insurance companies were removed totally out of the mix?Any small buisness owners I talk to all state the same thing. That Obama keeps coming out and saying that he looking to give breaks to small buisnesses. Yet how so if they cannot cover the costs of insurance thru their employees. Each and everyone I talk with are for a single tax-payer system. That costs for insurance if removed from small buisness would allow them to hire more people.

But with the DHS issue don't those doctors get other breaks for giving this service?

Juggernaut
08-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Wonder what Obama-Care would look like if the insurance companies were removed totally out of the mix?Any small buisness owners I talk to all state the same thing. That Obama keeps coming out and saying that he looking to give breaks to small buisnesses. Yet how so if they cannot cover the costs of insurance thru their employees. Each and everyone I talk with are for a single tax-payer system. That costs for insurance if removed from small buisness would allow them to hire more people.

But with the DHS issue don't those doctors get other breaks for giving this service?

Eliminating insurance companies is the end game for dems, they see no need for private enterprise because the government can count the money and process the claims so much better according to the elite morons. The problem with single payer is it gives ultimate power to the fed and they'll squander the money and find a way to spend it beyond its intended purpose just as they took from SSi to pay for medicare. Peter has never repaid Paul thanks to political games and ignoring the public.

State Public Service Commissions do a good job of regulating energy, phone and other private sector industries. Maybe its time to give states the ability to regulate healthcare rates and tie fees to inflation plus a margin of 3% to create a growth index of 6%?

MMC
08-11-2011, 01:03 AM

Eliminating insurance companies is the end game for dems, they see no need for private enterprise because the government can count the money and process the claims so much better according to the elite morons. The problem with single payer is it gives ultimate power to the fed and they'll squander the money and find a way to spend it beyond its intended purpose just as they took from SSi to pay for medicare. Peter has never repaid Paul thanks to political games and ignoring the public.

State Public Service Commissions do a good job of regulating energy, phone and other private sector industries. Maybe its time to give states the ability to regulate healthcare rates and tie fees to inflation plus a margin of 3% to create a growth index of 6%?

Well Obama did admit they got the numbers wrong on his health-care package.

Juggernaut
08-12-2011, 07:26 PM

Damn straight and fools like you pander still for Single Payer. So liberal of you.

MMC
08-13-2011, 04:08 AM

Damn straight and fools like you pander still for Single Payer. So liberal of you.

One I am no fool....two, especially when dealing with sheep like you. A wanna-be that could never be. Remember your place.....ewe! Thats right.....ripe for the sacrifice. What you can't pay your own way? Looking to get something free, sounds like an Elite Liberal Concept to me.

I can't help it that you cannot figure out why Big Buisness(something you don't know much about) and small time buisness owners are not hiring. When both say it's due to health care costs. Unlike your Tea-baggin friends I see no conspiracy in what they are talking about. Course I shouldnt really expect to much from one that worships and follows Palin, believeing she is a Leader.

Juggernaut
08-16-2011, 07:22 PM

One I am no fool....two, especially when dealing with sheep like you. A wanna-be that could never be. Remember your place.....ewe! Thats right.....ripe for the sacrifice. What you can't pay your own way? Looking to get something free, sounds like an Elite Liberal Concept to me.

I can't help it that you cannot figure out why Big Buisness(something you don't know much about) and small time buisness owners are not hiring. When both say it's due to health care costs. Unlike your Tea-baggin friends I see no conspiracy in what they are talking about. Course I shouldnt really expect to much from one that worships and follows Palin, believeing she is a Leader.

Listen up poor white trash,

I run a business located in 2 states. Your such a stooge than you can't even spell so I know you don't know jack nor shit about the business world because degenerate buffoons like you spend too much time lying and pretending to be something other than what you really are.

You are know media critic as you have already admitted. LIAR! :o

You are so dumb that you can't even remember my saying Palin isn't ready to lead, hell she'd do better than you. You are liberal filth, low classed and dumb as they come. Most liberals on this site are decent people, you are too cowardly to admit you're a liberal. Coward!!! ;D

You do not know political strategists, your spelling alone is proof you aren't smart enough to be associated with professionals let along adults. Lack of education was my first clue, but clearly people like you who slither around harassing people aren't worthy of college educated types but I'll tolerate you only because you are fun to humiliate.

You are a fool and a cronic liar. Health care costs went up due to entitlements, everyone company that provides products or services to the Fed markup costs to rape the wealth just like defense. you'd know this if you knew anything about business let alone the government. Thanks to fucks like you Obamacare has driven up costs, just wait till 2014 when the failed bill goes into effect, nah, it should never be funded.