PDA

View Full Version : Carter Deja Vu All Over Again

Mainecoons
01-23-2013, 07:56 PM
This really should surprise no one except the totally clueless among us, Cigar, Nic and Blad.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/22/gallup-american-optimism-hits-lowest-point-since-carter-administration/

Fewer than four-in-10 Americans (39 percent) rate the US in a positive manner – the most negative feedback the country has produced since 1979.

I rarely quote Rush Limbaugh but I think he summed it up well here:

We are going backwards in this country. We are separating people by class. We are separating people by race. We are not encouraging people to do better. We are not inspiring people to be the best they can be. We are essentially acknowledging that people are not very good and don't have much hope. Well, not "we." The Obama people are thriving by telling their voters who they ought to hate, who they ought to oppose, who they ought to try to eliminate, wipe out, in a political sense, and it's all based on race or other forms of ethnicity.

Deadwood
01-23-2013, 08:05 PM
This is what so many "leftists" don't get. They are too young to remember and probably not even born.

They were "interesting times", and while much of the economic woes could be blamed on other things than the Carter administration, Carter's bungling was so evident.

One huge parallel is that like now, the Canadian economy struggled, but pulled away from the US back then. Then Canada relied on the US for 80% of its trade.

Today Canada, with less resources than the US is an economic world leader, practicing guess what kind of economics?

Trickle down, but they don't call it that.

And Obama is doing what didn't work under Carter.....

He who ignores history is doomed to repeat it.

The last thing to go is hope...and......

like the Joker in Batman says

..................it's.....gone!

Cigar
01-24-2013, 08:33 AM
I Love it ... 4 more Years of Whining :biglaugh:

Chris
01-24-2013, 08:51 AM
I Love it ... 4 more Years of Whining :biglaugh:

Find it ironic you're bleating you won when nothing has changed, it's the same old same old, no progress.

Cigar
01-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Find it ironic you're bleating you won when nothing has changed, it's the same old same old, no progress.

Not for you ... :biglaugh:

Mainecoons
01-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Cigar doesn't care that a bunch of people are either out of work or making do with lousy, part time jobs. He's got his free ride courtesy of the color of his skin.

Here's the reality behind the big lie this administration and government has been putting out about employment:

http://www.davecoker.info/blog/wp-content/uploads/labor-force-participation-rate-1980-2012-V1.jpg

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Jobs-vs-Foodstamps-and-Disability-August.jpg

http://macromon.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jan2_real-wages.jpg?w=640&h=421

Cigar
01-24-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm doing great in this economy ... and so are the people "I" Employ!

NEXT! :afro:

Mainecoons
01-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Sorry Cig, I wouldn't expect you to be smart enough to understand these charts. Carry on spamming!

:rofl:

Chris
01-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Not for you ... :biglaugh:

Where do you see change, progress?

Chris
01-24-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm doing great in this economy ... and so are the people "I" Employ!

NEXT! :afro:

The economy isn't just about you and those you employ. Next is right.

Cigar
01-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Where do you see change, progress?

The United States have fewer second class citizens and the Economy is getting better regardless to all the tricks by the Republicans

Cigar
01-24-2013, 09:54 AM

I can only control what I can control ... and what I control is doing great!

Chris
01-24-2013, 09:58 AM
The United States have fewer second class citizens and the Economy is getting better regardless to all the tricks by the Republicans

And you think that was brought about by Progressives like you? Explain.

Chris
01-24-2013, 09:58 AM
I can only control what I can control ... and what I control is doing great!

Point's the same, to extrapolate from you to the economy is nonsense.

Cigar
01-24-2013, 09:59 AM

You can always move to another country where things are better ... :laugh:

hanger4
01-24-2013, 10:03 AM

You can always move to another country where things are better ... :laugh:

I laughed.

That's not what extrapolate means !!

BB-35
01-24-2013, 02:49 PM

ceegar seems to spend all day in here posting,yet he 'employs' people...