PDA

View Full Version : Hang Tough Mr. President!

Robo
12-21-2018, 09:34 AM
How do we know when Trump gets it right? Well when every Democrat says he’s crazy and doesn’t know what he’s doing and calls him the orange pig’s ass And when all of the Never Trump Republicans have heart palpitations, indigestion and mental breakdowns and swear the Russians and Syria are gonna fill the void with terrorist headed for the U.S..

My hat goes off to the President! I hope he sticks to his guns and doesn’t let the hysterical Democrats and war hawking Republicans change his mind and convince him to keep our kids in the Syrian shit hole and quagmire. I hope he follows through too and starts and finishes the Afghanistan draw-down of our troops.

Where the hell is NATO, especially the Brits and French? How many times is America expected to be the world’s police force and protector of the world’s lunatics? Let them lead the charge and put their kids in harm’s way. If the bleeping Democrats and Republicans think America needs to make war against Islamic terrorist around the world, then let the Congress declare a bleeping war on Islamic Terrorist as required by our Constitution. Fat chance of that, huh? Those cowardly bastards can’t even figure out how to pass a balanced budget or reduce the national debt. All they’re good for is spending other people’s money, becoming millionaires while in Congress and running up more and more debt.

STICK TO YOUR GUNS MR. PRESIDENT! Your stock is going up with me!!!

donttread
12-21-2018, 11:11 AM
How do we know when Trump gets it right? Well when every Democrat says he’s crazy and doesn’t know what he’s doing and calls him the orange pig’s ass And when all of the Never Trump Republicans have heart palpitations, indigestion and mental breakdowns and swear the Russians and Syria are gonna fill the void with terrorist headed for the U.S..

My hat goes off to the President! I hope he sticks to his guns and doesn’t let the hysterical Democrats and war hawking Republicans change his mind and convince him to keep our kids in the Syrian shit hole and quagmire. I hope he follows through too and starts and finishes the Afghanistan draw-down of our troops.

Where the hell is NATO, especially the Brits and French? How many times is America expected to be the world’s police force and protector of the world’s lunatics? Let them lead the charge and put their kids in harm’s way. If the bleeping Democrats and Republicans think America needs to make war against Islamic terrorist around the world, then let the Congress declare a bleeping war on Islamic Terrorist as required by our Constitution. Fat chance of that, huh? Those cowardly bastards can’t even figure out how to pass a balanced budget or reduce the national debt. All they’re good for is spending other people’s money, becoming millionaires while in Congress and running up more and more debt.

STICK TO YOUR GUNS MR. PRESIDENT! Your stock is going up with me!!!

Funny how one the few things the two "major parties" both typically support is war. Doesn't Trump know he's taking money out of their campaign coffers?

MisterVeritis
12-21-2018, 11:15 AM
I have not made up my mind.

I like the idea of keeping logistical and air support bases open in Iraq. I like the idea of training support in Iraq.

But we should be shifting our focus from the middle east to China.

Captain Obvious
12-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Funny how one the few things the two "major parties" both typically support is war. Doesn't Trump know he's taking money out of their campaign coffers?
https://i.imgflip.com/16sn2n.jpg

Captain Obvious
12-21-2018, 12:52 PM

I like the idea of keeping logistical and air support bases open in Iraq. I like the idea of training support in Iraq.

Better hurry, it's slipping fast.

Robo
12-21-2018, 01:02 PM

How about letting the Europeans take care of the middle east for awhile? Why should we be protecting everybody's alleged national interest? Just exactly what is the United States interest in the middle east anyhow?

Robo
12-21-2018, 01:21 PM

Just think for a moment about the Military Industrial Complex. it's BIG government spending on military hardware. It's jobs in states where those manufacturing plants are located. It's campaign donations for the duopoly politicians in those states who hold the Congressional seats. It's a humongous military budget they'll waste on anything just to keep their allowance coming. If they don't spend it all it might get cut the next year. So they make sure they spend it. It's their reason for being. It's their job, it's their fortune.

Think about the absurdity of 10 nuclear powered aircraft carriers, their tremendous cost to build and their tremendous cost to operate. I think they're sitting ducks for missile attack. There's only two other nuclear powered carriers in the world, one in China and one in France. Why do we need 10? Why do you think we have military bases in 70 countries and territories? Why do we pay the lion's share of NATO dues? Why do we have a military budget larger than the rest of the world combined? Why is America the world's police force? It's all about the money! There's BIG, BIG money in the Military Industrial Complex. there's 1500$ toilet seats and 2000$ hammers and so much waste fraud and abuse that Republican Senator Tom Colburn retired from the Senate in disgust revealing that the Pentagon couldn't pass an audit and if they were ever honestly audited America's taxpayers would be shocked and outraged.

MMC
12-21-2018, 04:39 PM
Better hurry, it's slipping fast.
You would know from experience Right?

Captain Obvious
12-21-2018, 05:13 PM
You would know from experience Right?
Yep. I've watched this guy ramble on like an old dotard for a couple years now.

At one point I asked "they say the mind is the first thing to go, what's the second thing", he couldn't remember.

:biglaugh:

Peter1469
12-21-2018, 06:45 PM
Just think for a moment about the Military Industrial Complex. it's BIG government spending on military hardware. It's jobs in states where those manufacturing plants are located. It's campaign donations for the duopoly politicians in those states who hold the Congressional seats. It's a humongous military budget they'll waste on anything just to keep their allowance coming. If they don't spend it all it might get cut the next year. So they make sure they spend it. It's their reason for being. It's their job, it's their fortune.

Think about the absurdity of 10 nuclear powered aircraft carriers, their tremendous cost to build and their tremendous cost to operate. I think they're sitting ducks for missile attack. There's only two other nuclear powered carriers in the world, one in China and one in France. Why do we need 10? Why do you think we have military bases in 70 countries and territories? Why do we pay the lion's share of NATO dues? Why do we have a military budget larger than the rest of the world combined? Why is America the world's police force? It's all about the money! There's BIG, BIG money in the Military Industrial Complex. there's 1500$ toilet seats and 2000$ hammers and so much waste fraud and abuse that Republican Senator Tom Colburn retired from the Senate in disgust revealing that the Pentagon couldn't pass an audit and if they were ever honestly audited America's taxpayers would be shocked and outraged.

We need 10-12 to protect the world's sea lanes.

MisterVeritis
12-21-2018, 07:07 PM
How about letting the Europeans take care of the middle east for awhile? Why should we be protecting everybody's alleged national interest? Just exactly what is the United States interest in the middle east anyhow?
At some point, we will have to return. it would be far easier if we maintained logistics, training and air support bases. We have enemies. Because they are there we need a presence as well.

MisterVeritis
12-21-2018, 07:11 PM
Yep. I've watched this guy ramble on like an old dotard for a couple years now.

At one point I asked "they say the mind is the first thing to go, what's the second thing", he couldn't remember.

:biglaugh:
Despite all that I easily best you time and again.

Captain Obvious
12-21-2018, 07:16 PM

Right.

Do you still get to use the TV remote?

donttread
12-22-2018, 12:35 PM

Haven't you noticed that we like to save the "glory" for ourselves? The Israelis were ready to blow the Iranian Nuke program to kingdom come at least twice. Guess who either talked them out of it or leaked their plans before they could strike? Guess who now has another boggieman to move onto? Yes others expect us to be world police, because we have set that tone. Our regimes must relinquish that all important power and control if we want other countries to be the police. Perhaps Mr. Trump recognizes this fact.

Tahuyaman
12-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Don’t feed the troll. He’ll eventually leave.

MisterVeritis
12-22-2018, 01:25 PM
Either we have national interests or we don't. If we do we protect them. If not, we don't.

I see nothing wrong with reassessing our interests in the region. I think we should cease combat operations in Syria but keep our operating bases in or near the Kurdish areas. We don't want our Turkish "allies" to go on a butchering spree against the Kurds. I believe it is in our national interest to remain loyal to the Kurds.

Robo
12-22-2018, 02:12 PM
At some point, we will have to return. it would be far easier if we maintained logistics, training and air support bases. We have enemies. Because they are there we need a presence as well.

At some point we'll have to return because? Because the Europeans want us to do it? Because we have a national interest there of? Because we've been a major reason the middle east is so destabilized and we need to fix it?

Robo
12-22-2018, 02:27 PM
Either we have national interests or we don't. If we do we protect them. If not, we don't.

I see nothing wrong with reassessing our interests in the region. I think we should cease combat operations in Syria but keep our operating bases in or near the Kurdish areas. We don't want our Turkish "allies" to go on a butchering spree against the Kurds. I believe it is in our national interest to remain loyal to the Kurds.

Haven't the Kurds and Turks been at war for centuries? How long would you think we'd have to stay to be loyal to the Kurds and why are we concerned about being loyal to the Kurds? Weren't they fighting ISIS before we helped them out? Shouldn't they be loyal to us and just thank us and say goodbye? Why won't the Kurds reciprocate a blood bath on the Turks and Syrians? What kept the Turks and Syrians from wiping them out before we got there? If the Democrats and Republicans think we need to be at war in Syria, why don't they collectively in the Congress declare a war against somebody they think we should be at war with, like our Constitution mandates?

Where is NATO? Where is the United Nations? Oh! I forgot, when it comes to military actions and blood shedding We're NATO and We're the United Nations, huh? Only America's kids blood and guts will do, I keep forgetting!

MisterVeritis
12-22-2018, 04:37 PM
At some point we'll have to return because? Because the Europeans want us to do it? Because we have a national interest there of? Because we've been a major reason the middle east is so destabilized and we need to fix it?
At some point, we will have to return because the region will be used to stage attacks against Americans.

MisterVeritis
12-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Haven't the Kurds and Turks been at war for centuries? How long would you think we'd have to stay to be loyal to the Kurds and why are we concerned about being loyal to the Kurds? Weren't they fighting ISIS before we helped them out? Shouldn't they be loyal to us and just thank us and say goodbye? Why won't the Kurds reciprocate a blood bath on the Turks and Syrians? What kept the Turks and Syrians from wiping them out before we got there? If the Democrats and Republicans think we need to be at war in Syria, why don't they collectively in the Congress declare a war against somebody they think we should be at war with, like our Constitution mandates?

Where is NATO? Where is the United Nations? Oh! I forgot, when it comes to military actions and blood shedding We're NATO and We're the United Nations, huh? Only America's kids blood and guts will do, I keep forgetting!
The Kurds did most of the fighting alongside us. If we want alliances in future difficult situations we should remain loyal to current allies. This is not that difficult.

Tahuyaman
12-22-2018, 04:52 PM

I agree in principle, but we can accomplish that without a physical presence on the ground in Syria. We have established bases in the region where any needed response can happen very quickly.

MisterVeritis
12-22-2018, 04:54 PM
I agree in principle, but we can accomplish that without a physical presence on the ground in Syria. We have established bases in the region where any needed response can happen very quickly.
I do not see how we can prevent a swift and violent move against the Kurds without a ground presence. We will arrive just in time to photograph the bodies.

Robo
12-24-2018, 12:01 PM
I do not see how we can prevent a swift and violent move against the Kurds without a ground presence. We will arrive just in time to photograph the bodies.

What was preventing a "swift and violent move against the Kurds" before we got there? Aren't they even better trained and armed now since we've been there? When are our so-called allies gonna take over the World Police Force for us so we can save some of our youth's blood and taxpayer's money?

Robo
12-24-2018, 12:06 PM
At some point, we will have to return because the region will be used to stage attacks against Americans.

Radical Islam uses the whole world to stage attacks against everybody. We can kill every one of them in the middle east and they'll still be somewhere staging attacks on somebody.

Robo
12-24-2018, 12:10 PM
The Kurds did most of the fighting alongside us. If we want alliances in future difficult situations we should remain loyal to current allies. This is not that difficult.

What "difficult situations?" What boogieman are you predicting is about to attack us that we can't handle? Where are our so-called allies now in the middle east? Where's the wonderful United Nations?

MisterVeritis
12-24-2018, 01:18 PM
What was preventing a "swift and violent move against the Kurds" before we got there? Aren't they even better trained and armed now since we've been there? When are our so-called allies gonna take over the World Police Force for us so we can save some of our youth's blood and taxpayer's money?
Does it matter that Turkey did not destroy the Kurds before? What will you say when Turkey attacks and destroys the Kurds? What will you say when the next group refuses, rightly, to have anything to do with us?

MisterVeritis
12-24-2018, 01:19 PM
If we want alliances in future difficult situations we should remain loyal to current allies.

What "difficult situations?" What boogieman are you predicting is about to attack us that we can't handle? Where are our so-called allies now in the middle east? Where's the wonderful United Nations?
Do you believe this will be the final conflict the nation ever finds itself in?

MisterVeritis
12-24-2018, 01:20 PM

Radical Islam uses the whole world to stage attacks against everybody. We can kill every one of them in the middle east and they'll still be somewhere staging attacks on somebody.
If and when some other part of the world is used to stage attacks against Americans we will take the fight there.

Captdon
12-24-2018, 07:31 PM

We aren't leaving Iraq. There are troops there if we need them. Trump isn't an idiot.

Captdon
12-24-2018, 07:33 PM

I agree with all of this.

Captdon
12-24-2018, 07:39 PM

Because we don't want Israel to nuke the Iranians. I don't know the worth of that but I know we are the brake on them, not the other way around. The anti-Israeli's here need to know that. Iran is being run by a nutcase. He might be willing to die for Allah.

Captdon
12-24-2018, 07:43 PM

Our allies are just names on a treaty. You shouldn't take them seriously. The UN is a joke that was stupid from day one. We, and we alone, are responsible for our national interests, what ever they are at the moment.

Robo
12-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Does it matter that Turkey did not destroy the Kurds before?

You surely have to admit it's a curiosity since it's one of your boogieman arguments. Why haven't they wiped the Kurds out before we showed up?

What will you say when Turkey attacks and destroys the Kurds?

What will you say if they don't? If they do, I'll say "I wonder where the rest of Turkey's NATO partners were at allowing the Turks to do that?" Id Say, "I wonder where the United Nations was to allow that to happen?" I'd say I wonder where the "OTHER" Kurds allies in the middle east were to allow that to happen and not come to the Kurds aid?"

What will you say when the next group refuses, rightly, to have anything to do with us?

If we mind our own business and stay the hell out of the middle east, I won't ever have to answer that question, will I? And since we have the hugest national defense budget on the globe more than all of the rest of the nations put together, logic would have it that if we really need to fight we can handle anything ourselves, huh?

Robo
12-26-2018, 01:58 PM
If we want alliances in future difficult situations we should remain loyal to current allies.

I subscribe to the George Washington school of thought concerning allies. Ole George said, "Commerce with all, entangling alliances with none."

OH HELL NO! As long as Democrats and Republicans own and operate the entire political system and our humongous national government and the bloated crooked Military Industrial Complex we can count on wars, wars, and more wars. And all of them likely never declared by the Congress as mandated by the United States Constitution.

Robo
12-26-2018, 02:11 PM

If and when some other part of the world is used to stage attacks against Americans we will take the fight there.

And as long as democrats and republicans own and operate our political system, the humongous corrupt federal government, and the humongous crooked wasteful Military Industrial Complex, we can count on them swiping endlessly at the hornet's nest with the "BIG STICK" all over the world meddling where we have absolutely no national interest, there sure as hell will be plenty of folk out there ready to attack America the grand land where we can't and won't even protect our own borders so we screw with everybody else's borders.

Robo
12-26-2018, 02:18 PM
Because we don't want Israel to nuke the Iranians. I don't know the worth of that but I know we are the brake on them, not the other way around. The anti-Israeli's here need to know that. Iran is being run by a nutcase. He might be willing to die for Allah.

And America is responsible for keeping Israel under control because? The United Nations won't do it? The Israeli people can't control their own government? Israel is unaware that nuking Iran would be the beginning of WW3? What God died and made America the ruler and protector of the middle east? what exactly is America's national interest there?

Robo
12-26-2018, 02:19 PM
Our allies are just names on a treaty. You shouldn't take them seriously. The UN is a joke that was stupid from day one. We, and we alone, are responsible for our national interests, what ever they are at the moment.

And Our national interest in the middle east is?

MisterVeritis
12-26-2018, 07:47 PM

You surely have to admit it's a curiosity since it's one of your boogieman arguments. Why haven't they wiped the Kurds out before we showed up?
The situation has changed, of course.

What will you say if they don't?
I will be delighted if Turkey does not attack and murder the Kurds.

If they do, I'll say "I wonder where the rest of Turkey's NATO partners were at allowing the Turks to do that?" Id Say, "I wonder where the United Nations was to allow that to happen?" I'd say I wonder where the "OTHER" Kurds allies in the middle east were to allow that to happen and not come to the Kurds aid?"
It is not a NATO issue.

Wait, do you believe the United Nations has some value? Fascinating.

What will you say when the next group refuses, rightly, to have anything to do with us?

If we mind our own business and stay the hell out of the middle east, I won't ever have to answer that question, will I? And since we have the hugest national defense budget on the globe more than all of the rest of the nations put together, logic would have it that if we really need to fight we can handle anything ourselves, huh?
Do you believe we will never again be involved in a conflict where we need or want allies?

MisterVeritis
12-26-2018, 07:52 PM

I subscribe to the George Washington school of thought concerning allies. Ole George said, "Commerce with all, entangling alliances with none."
It is a shame you lack depth. General Washington's Rebellion was allied with the French. Without the French, we could not have won. Isn't it time you head back to school?

OH HELL NO!
Given you agree we will be in other, future conflicts, wouldn't it be smart for you to pull your head out of your ass?

MisterVeritis
12-26-2018, 07:53 PM

And as long as democrats and republicans own and operate our political system, the humongous corrupt federal government, and the humongous crooked wasteful Military Industrial Complex, we can count on them swiping endlessly at the hornet's nest with the "BIG STICK" all over the world meddling where we have absolutely no national interest, there sure as hell will be plenty of folk out there ready to attack America the grand land where we can't and won't even protect our own borders so we screw with everybody else's borders.
The enemy always gets a vote. Try to remember that.

Robo
12-27-2018, 08:25 AM

How so?

I will be delighted if Turkey does not attack and murder the Kurds.

It is not a NATO issue.

Why not? Isn't Turkey a NATO member? It's America's "ISSUE" because?

Well friend apparently Democrats and Republicans seem to think the UN has value. We taxpayers deliver huge sums of money to the scam every year. We taxpayers provide the UN's military enforcement unit for the scam. Our largest city provides the UN temple to world peace. So tell me why the UN isn't handling the Kurd Turkey "ISSUE?"

Well friend I don't worry about that. There's hundreds of nations out there that are addicted to America. They all want something from America and they usually always get it. They ain't gonna dump America when the chips are down and they need help. They only ignore America when it's their turn to police the world and secure their own damned continent.

Do you believe we will never again be involved in a conflict where we need or want allies?

I believe we'll always be in conflicts if we belong there or not. The Military Industrial Complex requires justification for its ungodly humongous budget. We're the world's Neo-Roman Empire. We'll bully and beat every hornets nest on the globe. We'll use the BIG STICK to piss off the world's crazies and radical religious imbeciles until we bankrupt ourselves and become a foot note of world history. That's what I believe.

Robo
12-27-2018, 09:20 AM

Loyal by taking care of all of the world's negative issues for them while they skimp on their own national defense contributions so as to provide stuff like Single Payer Healthcare to their citizens, right? Name the nations of the world that are loyal to America. Who's policing the African continent? Who's blood and treasure is being shed in the middle east? Who's patrolling the /seven seas with 10 nuclear powered aircraft carriers?

[/I]It is a shame you lack depth. General Washington's Rebellion was allied with the French.[/COLOR] Without the French, we could not have won. Isn't it time you head back to school?

Thank you France! How is France thanking us now since they escaped speaking German twice because of America? I don't see any alliance of Europeans taking up the charge of protecting the Kurds, occupying military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan? I don't see any nuclear powered aircraft carriers patrolling the seven seas with European flags flying on them. I don't see any of our so-called allies who have military and national security budgets anywhere near the % of their GDP that America does to take as share of protecting the rest of the world.

Given you agree we will be in other, future conflicts, wouldn't it be smart for you to pull your head out of your ass?

Thank you friend for the insult. You exhibit your juvenile intellect for your lack of civil debate.

MisterVeritis
12-27-2018, 11:17 AM

How so?
Prior to these years of operations, the Kurds were an irritant, nothing more. Now they are in a position to not only hold ground but to govern themselves. If they are not destroyed they will, one day, achieve autonomy.

MisterVeritis
12-27-2018, 11:19 AM
It is not a NATO issue.

Why not? Isn't Turkey a NATO member? It's America's "ISSUE" because?
Not every issue involving a nato member is a nato issue.

It is our issue because we allied with the Kurds. We should not abandon the Kurds.

MisterVeritis
12-27-2018, 11:21 AM

Well friend apparently Democrats and Republicans seem to think the UN has value. We taxpayers deliver huge sums of money to the scam every year. We taxpayers provide the UN's military enforcement unit for the scam. Our largest city provides the UN temple to world peace. So tell me why the UN isn't handling the Kurd Turkey "ISSUE?"
The UN has no value in preventing the Turks from slaughtering the Kurds. How could it?

MisterVeritis
12-27-2018, 11:23 AM

Well friend I don't worry about that.
Fortunately, there are people who do.

There's hundreds of nations out there that are addicted to America. They all want something from America and they usually always get it. They ain't gonna dump America when the chips are down and they need help. They only ignore America when it's their turn to police the world and secure their own damned continent.

You are foolish and arrogant.

MisterVeritis
12-27-2018, 11:25 AM

Loyal by taking care of all of the world's negative issues for them while they skimp on their own national defense contributions so as to provide stuff like Single Payer Healthcare to their citizens, right? Name the nations of the world that are loyal to America. Who's policing the African continent? Who's blood and treasure is being shed in the middle east? Who's patrolling the /seven seas with 10 nuclear powered aircraft carriers?[/I]
Do you suffer from attention deficit disorder? Or do you enjoy it?
The topic was the Kurds. Not the whole world of alliances. The Kurds.

MisterVeritis
12-27-2018, 11:27 AM
It is a shame you lack depth. General Washington's Rebellion was allied with the French. Without the French, we could not have won. Isn't it time you head back to school?

Thank you France!
Head back to school. Washington, allied with the French. Washington said to avoid entangling alliances. You lack depth.

MisterVeritis
12-27-2018, 11:28 AM

Thank you friend for the insult. You exhibit your juvenile intellect for your lack of civil debate.
It was good advice. I encourage you to take it.