PDA

View Full Version : Macron criticises Trump's withdrawal decision

Captain Obvious
12-23-2018, 11:38 AM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46667639

France's President Emmanuel Macron has said he deeply regrets President Donald Trump's controversial decision to withdrawal all US troops from Syria.
"An ally must be dependable," said Mr Macron, who reportedly called Mr Trump to warn him against the plan.
The US said the Islamic State (IS) group had been defeated, a claim disputed by allies and US politicians.
France, a key part of the US-led coalition against IS in Syria and Iraq, said its troops would remain in Syria.

MisterVeritis
12-23-2018, 11:49 AM
The French can replace our 2,000 troops with their own. Problem resolved.

MMC
12-23-2018, 11:59 AM
The French can replace out 2,000 troops with their own. Problem resolved.

They have Troops there.....let them take on whats left of Daesh in Syria. Its about time the French starts pulling their weight. Besides they were the first to Officially recognize the Syrian Rebel terrorists and didn't even tell BO the Peep until the next day.

Trump should remind Macron of that.

pragmatic
12-23-2018, 12:23 PM

The irony is sort of rich on this one.

Not seeing any inclination by France to step up and fill the gap Macron is complaining about...

Captain Obvious
12-23-2018, 12:27 PM

Not seeing any inclination by France to step up and fill the gap Macron is complaining about...

The issue is likely that it was a US led coalition and now we're withdrawing early.

One that note I get France's point. On the other hand I like getting our people out of those areas, we shouldn't have been involved at the degree we were in the first place and I support Trump's agenda of getting out.

Hoosier8
12-23-2018, 12:34 PM
ISIS, the reason Trump was aggressive, is 99% gone. The Syrian allies are quite capable of wiping up the rest.

The only reason we were there in the first place was Obama’s regime change and to arm, basically ISIS.

pragmatic
12-23-2018, 12:35 PM

Don't disagree with recalling our troops. But The Donald could/should have handled it less clumsily.

As for Macron....am not one of his bigger fans.

MMC
12-23-2018, 12:36 PM

Exactly, the French got all upset with BO the peep when he drew his line in the Sand, and did nothing. The French said they still wanted to bomb Assad.

Now their Troops inside Syria will actually have to fight Daesh. Rather than stay in the rear with the gear.

Tahuyaman
12-23-2018, 12:49 PM
ISIS, the reason Trump was aggressive, is 99% gone. The Syrian allies are quite capable of wiping up the rest.

The only reason we were there in the first place was Obama’s regime change and to arm, basically ISIS.
I don't believe that ISIS is 99% gone. They are simply dispersed and waiting for conditions to change.

I completely understand why many people oppose the pull-out from Syria, but at some point we need to back away from supporting these lost causes.

Peter1469
12-23-2018, 02:49 PM
Assad can kill terrorists.

pragmatic
12-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Assad can kill terrorists.

Excellent point.

The players and allegiances are so confusing in that theater. It's like a shell game keeping track.

As an added note....The Kurds are pretty good at killing their enemies also. And i don't believe ISIS is any friend of the Kurds.

Tahuyaman
12-23-2018, 05:36 PM
Assad can kill terrorists. I don’t believe that’s the main issue. I think most are concerned that Russia will in complete command there.

Ethereal
12-23-2018, 09:08 PM
I am so sick of foreign powers interfering in our politics. I am even more sick of Americans who ALLOW this to happen.

Common
12-23-2018, 09:11 PM
Personally I could care less what Macron thinks about anything

roadmaster
12-23-2018, 09:19 PM
Macron signed the UN deal in secret this week.

Captdon
12-24-2018, 12:29 PM
I don’t believe that’s the main issue. I think most are concerned that Russia will in complete command there.

They have been for a long time.

Tahuyaman
12-24-2018, 12:42 PM
They have been for a long time.

They had been, but after the fall of the Soviet Union Russian influence also declined for a period of time. Russia is now reestablishing that influence.

MMC
12-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Macron signed the UN deal in secret this week.

What secret UN deal? Which one?

MMC
12-24-2018, 12:53 PM
https://southfront.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/23dec_syria_war_map-1024x952.jpg?x22999

Problem solved.

Syrian War Report – Dec. 24, 2018: France Plans To Replace US Forces In Syria

https://southfront.org/syrian-war-report-dec-24-2018-france-to-attempt-to-replace-us-forces-in-syria/

Btw.....Assad and Hezbollah will also fight with the Kurds if Turkey jumps into Syria and goes after the Kurds.

pragmatic
12-24-2018, 01:12 PM
https://southfront.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/23dec_syria_war_map-1024x952.jpg?x22999

Problem solved.

Syrian War Report – Dec. 24, 2018: France Plans To Replace US Forces In Syria

https://southfront.org/syrian-war-report-dec-24-2018-france-to-attempt-to-replace-us-forces-in-syria/

Btw.....Assad and Hezbollah will also fight with the Kurds if Turkey jumps into Syria and goes after the Kurds.

Sweet!!

Go France...!!!

MMC
12-24-2018, 01:20 PM
Sweet!!

Go France...!!!

Looks like Assad and Hezbollah will defend the Kurds against the Turks. The Kurds have been kicking some Daesh ass.

Syrian government and pro-Iranian sources have increased their activity in the eastern part of Syria in response to the announced decision of the US administration to withdraw troops from the country.

On December 22, a spokesperson for Iraq’s Kata’ib Hezbollah, Jafar al-Husseini, told al-Mayadeen TV that the group is ready to coordinate with the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) in order to protect Syrian Kurds.

He noted that the U.S. withdrawal had been expected and revealed that Kata’ib’ Hezbollah has “continuous and intensive communications” with Kurdish commanders in northeastern Syria. According to al-Husseini, the U.S. is planning to hand over its role in the country to Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

Reports indicate that the Tiger Forces as well as several other pro-government factions will be involved in further operations to eliminate ISIS cells in the Homs-Deir Ezzor desert.

France is also going to keep its troops in Syria, but it has only about 200 servicemen and 3 CAESAR self-propelled howitzers deployed. This is not enough to keep the entire contact line between the SDF-held area and the Ankara-controlled territories.....snip~

https://southfront.org/syrian-war-r...nce-to-attempt-to-replace-us-forces-in-syria/ (https://southfront.org/syrian-war-report-dec-24-2018-france-to-attempt-to-replace-us-forces-in-syria/)

Peter1469
12-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Fuck the French. We lost one soldier during Desert Storm because the French would't land their medivac.

MMC
12-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Fuck the French. We lost one soldier during Desert Storm because the French would't land their medivac.

It appears that the Kurds don't have much confidence in the French and have decided to align with Assad.

Captdon
12-24-2018, 06:53 PM
During Desert Storm. the French were placed way out on the left where no fighting was expected.

Patton once said he's rather have 2 German divisions in front of him than one French division behind him.

WWI was fought mostly in France. No allied soldier stepped into Germany during the war.

In WWII it took the Germans ten days to whip French ass.

Mister D
12-24-2018, 06:55 PM
During Desert Storm. the French were placed way out on the left where no fighting was expected.

Patton once said he's rather have 2 German divisions in front of him than one French division behind him.

WWI was fought mostly in France. No allied soldier stepped into Germany during the war.

France suffered over 1.3 million dead in WW1.

The Xl
12-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Globalist talking points

donttread
12-25-2018, 08:36 AM

So France wants us in a war? LOL. Times change don't they?

Peter1469
12-25-2018, 11:15 AM

Fighting was expected. My unit spearheaded the attack and were 35 miles inside Iraq before the ground war started. We were attached to the French armored division. They left their light infantry back home in France.

MMC
12-25-2018, 11:40 AM
Fighting was expected. My unit spearheaded the attack and were 35 miles inside Iraq before the ground war started. We were attached to the French armored division. They left their light infantry back home in France.
I think Macron was hearing about How the French jumped in with both feet Officially recognizing the Syrian Rebel Terrorists. But didn't tell the US until the next day.

Captdon
12-25-2018, 12:36 PM
They had been, but after the fall of the Soviet Union Russian influence also declined for a period of time. Russia is now reestablishing that influence.

How does that effect us? Syria is no danger to us. They won't have any influence in the ME. The players are going to be Russia, Israel, Iran and Saudi Arabia. The rest are going to be deciding how to stay out of the way.

Our influence can be used by the Israeli's and the Saudi's. They are both client states.

Captdon
12-25-2018, 12:42 PM
France suffered over 1.3 million dead in WW1.

I didn't mention WWI. They have sucked since. (100 years) I mentioned that. I also said the war was fought on French soil. How does that make a ten day defeat any different. Why were they placed out on the left in Desert Storm where nothing was need?

Captdon
12-25-2018, 12:45 PM

Okay.

Tahuyaman
12-25-2018, 01:08 PM
How does that effect us? Syria is no danger to us. They won't have any influence in the ME. The players are going to be Russia, Israel, Iran and Saudi Arabia. The rest are going to be deciding how to stay out of the way.

Our influence can be used by the Israeli's and the Saudi's. They are both client states.
I wasn’t making a case to stay in Syria. I was just providing you with information.

Captdon
12-25-2018, 06:03 PM
I wasn’t making a case to stay in Syria. I was just providing you with information.

Okay, sorry.

Mister D
12-25-2018, 08:43 PM
I didn't mention WWI. They have sucked since. (100 years) I mentioned that. I also said the war was fought on French soil. How does that make a ten day defeat any different. Why were they placed out on the left in Desert Storm where nothing was need?

You didn't mention WW1? Yes, you did and you just did it again. The USA, unlike France, has had it easy. You can not like the French but to ridicule their military history is ignorant.

Captain Obvious
12-25-2018, 09:28 PM
You didn't mention WW1? Yes, you did and you just did it again. The USA, unlike France, has had it easy. You can not like the French but to ridicule their military history is ignorant.
France was the only nation to confront Boko Haram in Africa too recently.

MMC
12-27-2018, 02:03 PM

What is too recently? Link that up. As their last adventure in Mali. They still had to get a ride from us.

zachroidott
12-27-2018, 09:54 PM
I don’t believe that’s the main issue. I think most are concerned that Russia will in complete command there.
That's been a done deal before ISIS was a spark in our eyes.

zachroidott
12-27-2018, 09:59 PM
It appears that the Kurds don't have much confidence in the French and have decided to align with Assad.
That should be lasting and fruitful.

Peter1469
12-28-2018, 09:52 AM

We have had SoF troops in Africa training locals to fight Boko Haram for a long time. We had 3 Green Berets killed there earlier this year.

Peter1469
12-28-2018, 09:52 AM
What is too recently? Link that up. As their last adventure in Mali. They still had to get a ride from us.

France actually did an airborne assault in Mali.

donttread
12-28-2018, 12:17 PM
Instead of watching american movies they can watch "Freedom movies" LOL