PDA

View Full Version : Trump's campaign promises - has he delivered on them?

Captain Obvious
12-24-2018, 02:59 PM
Go to the link for the list and commentary.

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000

Donald Trump made a string of promises during his long campaign to be the 45th president of the United States.

Many of them made headlines - from banning all Muslims entering the US, to building a wall along the border with Mexico.

So how is he doing?

Captdon
12-24-2018, 04:07 PM
He has delivered on everything that isn't blocked by the Democrats in the Senate.

He never said block all Muslims. He wanted to ban Muslims from certain countries. You know, like Bush and Obama did.

MMC
12-24-2018, 05:29 PM
:rollseyes:
Trump Releases List of 60 Promises Kept; Media Ignores (https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/trump-releases-list-of-60-promises-kept-media-ignores)https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/trump-releases-list-of-60...
Yesterday, President Trump and the White House released a list of 60 campaign promises the PResident has kept during his first 500 days in office. As you might expect, the media has almost totally ignored this, and instead focused on the President’s legal issues.

Green Arrow
12-24-2018, 05:56 PM
Part of the issue is that Trump has made so many promises - many of them contradictory - that it's virtually impossible for him to not get at least a few of them done. Decent political strategy, I'll be honest.

Captdon
12-24-2018, 06:47 PM
Part of the issue is that Trump has made so many promises - many of them contradictory - that it's virtually impossible for him to not get at least a few of them done. Decent political strategy, I'll be honest.

Name one promise he made that wasn't blocked by the Democrats in the Senate or activist judges?

Green Arrow
12-24-2018, 06:52 PM
Name one promise he made that wasn't blocked by the Democrats in the Senate or activist judges?

That he failed to keep?

MMC
12-25-2018, 07:06 AM

It should be easy with moving the embassy with Jerusalem.

MisterVeritis
12-25-2018, 12:44 PM
Go to the link for the list and commentary.

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000 (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000)

Donald Trump made a string of promises during his long campaign to be the 45th president of the United States.

Many of them made headlines - from banning all Muslims entering the US, to building a wall along the border with Mexico.

So how is he doing?
I am very disappointed President Trump has not insisted the Justice Department conduct a real investigation of Crooked Hillary and her minions. I would add an investigation of the people who ran the farcical investigation. When the time is right, lock them all up.

Captain Obvious
12-25-2018, 02:22 PM
I am very disappointed President Trump has not insisted the Justice Department conduct a real investigation of Crooked Hillary and her minions. I would add an investigation of the people who ran the farcical investigation. When the time is right, lock them all up.

Honor among thieves maybe

Captdon
12-25-2018, 07:05 PM
That he failed to keep?

No.

Captdon
12-25-2018, 07:07 PM
It should be easy with moving the embassy with Jerusalem.

Okay. I worded it badly. He hasn't broken a promise unless the democrat or activist judges blocked it.

Green Arrow
12-25-2018, 07:23 PM
No.

So just a promise in general that he made that wasn’t blocked by Dems or the judiciary.

American taxpayers are paying for the wall instead of Mexico.

Captdon
12-26-2018, 10:36 AM
So just a promise in general that he made that wasn’t blocked by Dems or the judiciary.

American taxpayers are paying for the wall instead of Mexico.

Fair enough.

MMC
12-27-2018, 02:00 PM
Okay. I worded it badly. He hasn't broken a promise unless the democrat or activist judges blocked it.

You didn't think the leftists could actually name any promises he kept, did you?