PDA

View Full Version : Boehner: Obama Wants To ‘Annihilate’ The GOP

Cigar
01-24-2013, 11:00 AM
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) circled the wagons on Tuesday, one day after President Obama's second inauguration, in an attempt to reassure his fellow Republicans that he would do everything in his power to challenge a "hostile" Obama administration in budget battles yet to come. "So we’re expecting over the next 22 months to be the focus of this Administration as they attempt to annihilate the Republican Party," Boehner said at a private Ripon Society luncheon, a Republican think tank in Washington. His comments were released on Wendesday.

"And let me just tell you, I do believe that is their goal – to just shove us into the dustbin of history," Boehner added. "I’ve been in these spots before. I remember November of ’06, January of ’07 -- we’ve been through these periods before. And you know, our Members get down, our supporters get down.” Alluding to a costly debt ceiling battle that some members have pushed for, Boehner reiterated the need for temperance on behalf of more eager elements of his party, arguing that Republicans must choose wisely which battlefield they meet Obama on in the coming months.

"These next couple of weeks, next couple of months, frankly, the next 20 months, are going to be a very difficult period for us," Boehner added. "Where’s the ground that we fight on? Where’s the ground that we retreat on? Where are the smart fights? Where are the dumb fights that we have to stay away from? All I know is I’m up for the fight," he affirmed.

House Republican leaders successfully kept their conservative members at bay Wednesday and passed legislation to raise the debt limit through May 18, without any cuts to federal spending. It includes a provision, touted by Republicana as "No budget, no pay," that would withhold senators’ pay if they don’t pass a budget by the April 15 statutory deadline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBJ6feona3A&feature=player_embedded

Looks to me like the Republican party is screwing themselves with little help from Obama :grin:

http://ct.politicomments.com/ol/pc/sw/i57/5/10/25/f_9bfbd15982.jpg#head%20up%20their%20ass%20republi cans%20212x254

patrickt
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
From Gov. Howard Dean screaming, "I hate all Republicans," down through President Obama's heated rhetoric, and the liberal news media's instructions on using words like "destroy" "annihilate" "eliminate" and "kill" the plan is fairly obvious. When your an empty suit strutting around with no policies you can admit you can't tolerate any opposition. Consider President Obama's heroes: Stalin, Castro, Mao, Chavez, Kim il jung, Pol Pot, and other leftists. Obama's dream is to emulate them.

GrumpyDog
01-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Obama is a player. He fooled the Left into thinking he wanted to advance technology to help the masses. WRONG.

He fooled the Right into thinking he is some kind of anti Capitalist Marxist. WRONG

Obama is the worst of both worlds. .

He is a crony Capitalist, while he pretends to be the protectorate of the middleclass.

He promotes "forward" while in reality, he protects the status quo of big, centralized electric energy production and fossil fuel consumption by refusing to advance biofuel alternatives, and placing tariffs on cheaper made solar panels from China. AND.. at the same time, insults us with the sham of 90 billion dollar fraud in Solyndra, effectively nullifying any future for solar energy production.

He was opposed to the Patriot Act.. until HE became President, after which, NDAA 2012 expanding Patriot Act to detain US citizens, he signed into law.

He was opposed to the "unitarian executive principle" until HE became President, after which, he began issuing executive orders as laws, escalating in authority, to the present level, of attempting to infringe upon the 2nd amendment, by executive action.

While he claims to have helped the many, and curbed the excesses of the elites, in reality, the elites have done far better than during the Reagan Administration, while the many, have lost even more that ever before.

He, along with his Bilderberg companions, have pulled off the greatist crime of the new millenium, robbing the people of 1 Trillion dollars, which went to the Crony Capitalists, like AIG.

Obama decried Mitt Romney, for outsourcing, while at the same time, using taxpayer dollars to bail out another crony capitalist corporation, GM, which was, and still is, outsourcing 70% of production, to China.

Yes, my friends, THIS president has SURPASSED all the previous presidents in his ability at fooling ALL the people, MOST of the time, and most of the people, all of the time.

JackRuby
01-24-2013, 07:17 PM
The GOP, as they say among my Witness Protection Program friends, doesn't need any help. They are self destructing nicely by their own ignorance, the help of Fox and Friends, talk radio, and ect. The Dems turn will be next. No body wanted to listen to my generation.

Jack

Beevee
01-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Can somebody remind me of Republican Mitch McConnell's remarks on Obama taking office in 2009?

GrumpyDog
01-25-2013, 09:50 AM
The Democrats will not annililate the Reps, any more than they would kill the slaves in 1860. They need the Reps, both for taxable revenue (production) and to make themselves feel superior (whipping the slave for psychological effect).

Cigar
01-25-2013, 09:52 AM
The Democrats will not annililate the Reps, any more that they would kill the slaves in 1860. They need the Reps, both for taxable revenue (production) and to make themselves feel superior (whipping the slave for psychological effect).

This sight must really piss you off ... :grin: guess who's the Joke on Cracker?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/DainBramaged/untitled_zpsab426edd.jpg

zelmo1234
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Do you want me to post the links to how the attendence was down, the balls did not sell out until they lowered the price by 90% he recieved 9 million less votes and over 10 million less people watched it on TV even though it was a holiday and dealthy cold in the NE

Or can we just use the other thread for those links!

Cigar
01-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Do you want me to post the links to how the attendence was down, the balls did not sell out until they lowered the price by 90% he recieved 9 million less votes and over 10 million less people watched it on TV even though it was a holiday and dealthy cold in the NE

Or can we just use the other thread for those links!

Dude ... when has the attendance not been down for a second term?

It's still twice as big as "W" ... both!

Try again

GrumpyDog
01-25-2013, 10:04 AM
This sight must really piss you off ... :grin: guess who's the Joke on Cracker?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/DainBramaged/untitled_zpsab426edd.jpg

Yea, the perspective is all wrong. Rather be with the masses of people on the other side, than with the circular elite crowd that keeps paying itself with tax payer dollars.

Mainecoons
01-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Most of the former were government "workers" taking the day off on your nickel.

Cigar
01-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Most of the former were government "workers" taking the day off on your nickel.

Great Republican Strategy ... did you get that from last week retreat?

Keep up the obviously positive results ... please.

GrumpyDog
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Besides, large crowds do not necessarily indicate the direction taken is the best one.

http://www.realbiblecodes.com/torah_codes/hitler/nuremberg_rally_formation.jpg

Cigar
01-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Ohhh the Old Hitler trick ... when the argument is lost :grin:

... getting old ...

nic34
01-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Can somebody remind me of Republican Mitch McConnell's remarks on Obama taking office in 2009?

McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president. - interview that appeared in the National Journal on Oct. 23, 2010

GrumpyDog
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Ohhh the Old Hitler trick ... when the argument is lost :grin:

... getting old ...

Yes, your argument, has been lost, before it even began.

Cigar
01-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Yes, your argument, has been lost, before it even began.

My candidate is The President of The United States ... what's yours?

GrumpyDog
01-25-2013, 10:27 AM
My candidate is The President of The United States ... what's yours?

A photo of an inauguration, is irrelevant, since whichever candidate is elected, there is a large ceremonial (hence superficial) crowd that attends.

Cigar
01-25-2013, 10:29 AM
A photo of an inauguration, is irrelevant, since whichever candidate is elected, there is a large ceremonial (hence superficial) crowd that attends.

Electoral vote

States carried
26 + DC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_D.C.)

Popular vote
65,899,660[/URL]

60,929,152 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012#cite_not e-popular-2)

Percentage
51.1%

47.2%[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012#cite_not e-popular-2"] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012#cite_not e-popular-2)

GrumpyDog
01-25-2013, 10:32 AM
51 sheep approving, and 47 sheep opposed.

Wolf elected regardless.

nic34
01-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Gee cigar, if my math doesn't fail me, I'd say Obama got about 4,970,508 more votes than Rmoney did....

GrumpyDog
01-25-2013, 10:46 AM
and in a Democracy, the majority, no matter how slight, rules with authoritarian power,nullifying the minority, until the next election.

Fortunately, the USA is not a puritanical Democracy.

Instead, the USA, originally a Democratic Republic, with Jeffersons Democratic Republican party vs Madisons Federalist party, became a Federal Republic, which in theory at least, prevents the majority from usurping power to nullify the minority.

Cigar
01-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Gee cigar, if my math doesn't fail me, I'd say Obama got about 4,970,508 more votes than Rmoney did....

... yep ... just squeaked by ... :grin:

GrumpyDog
01-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Here is the deal: Unwillingness to cut spending enough, to have a yearly balanced Fed.Budget AND generate a yearly surplus, to start reducing that monstrosity of a National Debt of 16.4 Trillion.

The GQ Pres talks #$%@ then does nothing but stir up old debate already settled by Supreme Court.

Cut the Military budget by 50% and we still have the worlds largest military.

Cut bloated entitlement spending and pork projects, and tell the sponge bobs to live with less, otherwise, soon, they will be living with nothing,because a 2nd depression will make their government checks worthless.

If i have offended both left and right,.. GOOD!

Somebody got to talk reality here, cause just goring one ox to spare the other,, will not balance the budget. Keep both oxen, just make them more fit, and less fat.

Mainecoons
01-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Dawg, at this point, the spending is so far out of control that default is probably the only option. You do recognize that the entire discretionary side of the budget could be zeroed out, including the military, and yet the budget would not balance because of income transfers and entitlements.

The U.S. has reached the point where combined government spending and borrowing comprises nearly half the national income yet government at all levels is failing grossly. Despite all this money, they can't maintain the infrastructure, can't run a post office, can't properly respond to natural disasters, can't pay their bills.

This isn't just a matter of runaway borrowing anymore. It is a basic and across-the-board governmental breakdown.