PDA

View Full Version : Winter X Games Aspen

Chloe
01-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Will anybody other than me be watching???

hanger4
01-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Will anybody other than me be watching???

Won't be me, but I'm sure you won't be alone.

Winter sports other than ogling ahh watching [deleted] (http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl.t6.1/search/images?qsi=1&q=snow bunnies&fcoid=4&fcop=results-bottom&fpid=2)bore me.

Sorry, Peter1469 here. I deleted the link after I noticed some nude snow bunnies, not that there is anything wrong with that- other than it violates the rules.

Chloe
01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Won't be me, but I'm sure you won't be alone.

Winter sports other than ogling ahh watching Snow Bunnies (http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl.t6.1/search/images?qsi=1&q=snow bunnies&fcoid=4&fcop=results-bottom&fpid=2) bore me.

Do you like to ski or snowboard?

hanger4
01-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Do you like to ski or snowboard?

Use to ski both water and snow up until ahh 10 years or so ago.

The right knee decided it didn't want to go side to side anymore

so I agreed and just jog and or walk a relatively straight line.

Snowboarding is almost before my time.

BTW the link in my first post is SFW.

oceanloverOH
01-24-2013, 01:04 PM
I love watching any high-level multi-sport competition, summer or winter. I'm a California girl, grew up surfing and skating and water-skiing; so the winter sports (which I've tried and never been successful at) fascinate me. Especially the high-speed wipeouts....BAD OCEAN, BAD GIRL!

Peter1469
01-24-2013, 04:59 PM
I will probably watch. I grew up in the south and never got into the winter sports. I do like to cross country ski. I was in the 10th Mountain Division for a while.

Chloe
01-24-2013, 05:22 PM
I will probably watch. I grew up in the south and never got into the winter sports. I do like to cross country ski. I was in the 10th Mountain Division for a while.

Halfpipe is always my favorite. I love snowboarding

Peter1469
01-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Halfpipe is always my favorite. I love snowboarding

I did downhill a half dozen times. Never snowboard.

My knees are shot

Chloe
01-25-2013, 05:16 PM
I did downhill a half dozen times. Never snowboard.

My knees are shot

I don't mind skiing but i like the challenge of snowboarding. Once you start to get it down it can be so much fun.

Deadwood
01-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Probably not. Hockey is happening at the NHL level and the Jr A team is hotter than new shit right now.

It's in my DNA......Hockey.

Skiing is not a competition 'cause there's no hitting.
Curling is for golfers who are too drunk to golf anymore,

And Canada rules hockey.....in the medals in international Jr competition since if began, most gold medals of any country, and current gold medal country on men's and women's hocky.

What else is there?

Chloe
01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Probably not. Hockey is happening at the NHL level and the Jr A team is hotter than new shit right now.

It's in my DNA......Hockey.

Skiing is not a competition 'cause there's no hitting.
Curling is for golfers who are too drunk to golf anymore,

And Canada rules hockey.....in the medals in international Jr competition since if began, most gold medals of any country, and current gold medal country on men's and women's hocky.

What else is there?

Nice. Although we don't have the NHL here we have the Winterhawks and so it at least gives us some good junior games to go watch. I love watching hockey though. We tried to go to a Vancouver game last year when we drove up to Whistler but it didn't work out.

Chloe
01-25-2013, 05:38 PM
I've always liked the canadian teams in the NHL more than the teams here.

Peter1469
01-25-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't mind skiing but i like the challenge of snowboarding. Once you start to get it down it can be so much fun.

Is 43 too old for snowboarding?

Chloe
01-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Is 43 too old for snowboarding?

I've seen older doing it so your fine

Peter1469
01-25-2013, 07:14 PM
I've seen older doing it so your fine

Skeptical....

Chloe
01-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Skeptical....

Not like old people but normal middle aged parent type people. It's mostly younger people doing snowboarding but it's fun and everybody should at least try it if they are on a mountain with snow.

Peter1469
01-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Not like old people but normal middle aged parent type people. It's mostly younger people doing snowboarding but it's fun and everybody should at least try it if they are on a mountain with snow.

I only refer to me. My knees are shot.

Chloe
01-25-2013, 07:34 PM
I only refer to me. My knees are shot.

Oh ok. Stick to the lodge then.

Peter1469
01-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Oh ok. Stick to the lodge then.

I can cross country ski.

Chloe
01-25-2013, 09:35 PM
I can cross country ski.

that's a good work out

Peter1469
01-25-2013, 09:41 PM
that's a good work out

One of the biggest calorie burns out there.

Chloe
01-25-2013, 09:52 PM
One of the biggest calorie burns out there.

I'd agree with that. Swimming is like that too

Peter1469
01-25-2013, 09:53 PM
I'd agree with that. Swimming is like that too

I like swimming. My local pool charges $8 per session.

Chloe
01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
I like swimming. My local pool charges $8 per session.

Could you join like a club or something that way you and swim and workout? Is it $8 just to go into the pool?

Peter1469
01-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Could you join like a club or something that way you and swim and workout? Is it $8 just to go into the pool?

Yes. Not worth it to me. But I think their weight room isn't expensive - may look into that for the weekends. My office has small gym in it.

There used to be a gym near here with a big pool, but it closed.

Deadwood
01-26-2013, 11:14 AM
I've always liked the canadian teams in the NHL more than the teams here.

What a lot of people don't know is that the Canadian hockey player has been studied extensively by sports psychologists. It seems Canadians are and have a phenomenon for decades in that these normally placid, mild mannered, polite people turn so vicious when wearing skates and carrying a stick.

What really confuses them is the capacity of Canadian teams, more than any other, at all levels, go deep in finding inner strength. We are feared for the capacity to find that extra strength in the closing minutes to protect or regain the lead.

But in the NHL now, few teams have a majority of Canadians....Junior is where that's at...and there is very good JR league hockey across the pacific Northwest. The Winterhawks have traditionally been a very good team